Just curious what is the strongest planet?

johnstevens

I'm thinking it is Saturn and I have read that everything depends on Saturn in the birth chart.

Any thoughts or opinions about all this?

waybread

The strongest planet will depend upon the individual chart. Traditional astrology has some detailed systems for assessing planetary strength, based on essential dignity. To a modern astrologer, a planet with favourable aspects is strengthened.

I'm unclear what is meant by "everything depends on Saturn." Each planet plays a vital role. We wouldn't have a complete human being without them. You might just as well say that everything depends upon your sun (identity, core sense of self,) or ascendant (body and outward personality.) Without Mercury, how would you think or communicate?

However, Saturn does rule phenomena that many of us dislike: patience, hard work, persistence, frugality, and so on. Saturn in the chart often shows where and how we feel inadequate. Mastering Saturn's old-fashioned virtues are very important for most people to live a successful life. Understanding the nature of our embarrassments and anxieties so that we can address them constructively is also very important.

I've known a couple of people without hard aspects from Saturn, and it was almost as though they thought they got a free pass in life to behave in unethical ways. For most of us, Saturn is a hard task-master but through it all, our wisest teacher.

Saturn can make us feel sad and anxious, but if we can use Saturn constructively, he leads us towards maturity and a firm grip on material reality.

johnstevens

The strongest planet will depend upon the individual chart. Traditional astrology has some detailed systems for assessing planetary strength, based on essential dignity. To a modern astrologer, a planet with favourable aspects is strengthened.

I'm unclear what is meant by "everything depends on Saturn." Each planet plays a vital role. We wouldn't have a complete human being without them. You might just as well say that everything depends upon your sun (identity, core sense of self,) or ascendant (body and outward personality.) Without Mercury, how would you think or communicate?

However, Saturn does rule phenomena that many of us dislike: patience, hard work, persistence, frugality, and so on. Saturn in the chart often shows where and how we feel inadequate. Mastering Saturn's old-fashioned virtues are very important for most people to live a successful life. Understanding the nature of our embarrassments and anxieties so that we can address them constructively is also very important.

I've known a couple of people without hard aspects from Saturn, and it was almost as though they thought they got a free pass in life to behave in unethical ways. For most of us, Saturn is a hard task-master but through it all, our wisest teacher.

Saturn can make us feel sad and anxious, but if we can use Saturn constructively, he leads us towards maturity and a firm grip on material reality.

I am Venus dominant so that would make Venus my strongest planet, I believe according to your logic right?

Kite

I'm thinking it is Saturn and I have read that everything depends on Saturn in the birth chart.

This is like the 5th time you've asked this question. Saturn and Venus are your most dignified (best functioning) planets in your chart. They are dignified because they are in the signs that they rule - Venus is in Taurus and Saturn is in Capricorn. They are not to blame for anything other than being able to function in their own signs because they are at home there. Perhaps if you shared what you are wrestling with in your life an astrologer might be able to look at your chart and shed some light on the matter. I'm attaching your chart based on the time you gave - which you still have not confirmed if it's from your birth certificate (changes in time will change your chart positions and potentially houses). I also did your chart using whole sign houses which is what most traditional astrologers use these days.

Attachments

• Johnstevens.jpg
    Johnstevens.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 31

WMD1991

I'm still new to astrology, but I feel all planets have some sort of role to play. Each one brings good and bad or life lessons? Okay I'm not sure that was well worded. :andy:

With my birthchart I feel Neptune has a very negative influence. It is a big time deceiver. :pinched:

Harmelia

Why are you interested in knowing your strongest planet? What do you think this is going to tell you? Even the strongest planet, if it can in fact even be determined, can be modified by many other factors, so looking at just one little thing like the strongest planet, usually doesn't tell the whole story. From what I gather, it has been pointed out to you which planets are strong in dignity. But you really need to evaluate the entire chart to truly see how each planet is functioning to see how they are affecting you or how you are using them. Sometimes a weak planet in Fall or Detriment is positive, because you already have too much of that energy as shown in other places. It's fine to know what planets are strong or weak, but in the end, it will not help you much until you can work with the whole chart.

Last edited:

david starling

[IMO] Saturn IS the strongest planet in a tropical Chart by virtue of its being the ruler of the current tropical Age-sign, Capricorn. So, we live in a Saturnian version of Reality, and have to meet its requirements. They are harsh, demanding, and materialistic, with no time-outs or substitutions.

The Uranian version of Reality, that will become effective during the upcoming Age of Aquarius into which we're currently transtioning, will have quite different requirements.

Last edited:

Timmytwothumbs

I suggest reading the entire chart through the sun and the moon. The other planets are like appetizers and desserts but the sun and moon are the meat and potatoes. But definitely Sun and moon strongest "planets". But since neither of those are technically planets I would say it depends on the day and depends on the person. The fact of the matter is at any given time all of the planets play a role and none are really stronger but there are times when one planet can appear to be at the forefront. Right now specifically is a very Saturny time. Doesn't mean Saturn is stronger just means Saturn is in the spotlight

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

The strongest planets in astrology has to be our closest stars: the sun and our only natural satellite we can see: the moon. There's a cycle every 18 years like on full moons in 9 degrees latitude above the ecliptic on sep 1970, Aug 1988, and Aug 2006. But I have many issues with people born in years 1961, 1979 and 1997 when the full moon in the same months is in the opposite 9 degrees latitude below the ecliptic (I was born in 1980).

Last edited:

obsidianmineral

I personally believe that Saturn is the strongest planet, considering that it rules time. It sets the rules which every other planet has to follow. Predominance from a planet in the natal chart doesn't indicate that it is inherently more powerful than Saturn, rather, that it is more prominent in a person's life events, meaning more things happen related to matters it rules. Nevertheless, the influence of Saturn is prevalent in everything that happens to us, every second and moment it's there.

johnstevens

I personally believe that Saturn is the strongest planet, considering that it rules time. It sets the rules which every other planet has to follow. Predominance from a planet in the natal chart doesn't indicate that it is inherently more powerful than Saturn, rather, that it is more prominent in a person's life events, meaning more things happen related to matters it rules. Nevertheless, the influence of Saturn is prevalent in everything that happens to us, every second and moment it's there.

I kind of agree with you about Saturn, I also have Saturn as my second most dominant planet and I feel that Saturn overall has brought a lot of problems into my life. Plus a Saturn in the 5th house as well as a Saturn trine in my birth chart. I have a Saturn in the 5th house, Moon in the 5th house, Uranus in the 5th house, and Neptune in the 5th house, and I really feel like my Saturn has easily been the most prominent and dominant in my life.

Last edited:

johnstevens

[IMO] Saturn IS the strongest planet in a tropical Chart by virtue of its being the ruler of the current tropical Age-sign, Capricorn. So, we live in a Saturnian version of Reality, and have to meet its requirements. They are harsh, demanding, and materialistic, with no time-outs or substitutions.

The Uranian version of Reality, that will become effective during the upcoming Age of Aquarius into which we're currently transtioning, will have quite different requirements.

When are we going to be entering the Age of Aquarius? These past few years haven't been so kind to me and I'm thinking my Saturn has a lot to do with it all.

johnstevens

I suggest reading the entire chart through the sun and the moon. The other planets are like appetizers and desserts but the sun and moon are the meat and potatoes. But definitely Sun and moon strongest "planets". But since neither of those are technically planets I would say it depends on the day and depends on the person. The fact of the matter is at any given time all of the planets play a role and none are really stronger but there are times when one planet can appear to be at the forefront. Right now specifically is a very Saturny time. Doesn't mean Saturn is stronger just means Saturn is in the spotlight

Why is it a very Saturny time?

david starling

When are we going to be entering the Age of Aquarius? These past few years haven't been so kind to me and I'm thinking my Saturn has a lot to do with it all.

The tropical Age of Aquarius won't fully begin until 2149. It's already Orb-activated, but submerged in the dominant Capricornian Age which remains under Saturn's rulership. It is having an effect, but not enough to free us from Saturnian bondage.

On a brighter note, Saturn will be easier to deal with when it ingresses Aquarius this year, from March 21st to July 1st; and then, after returning to Capricorn, it will be in Aquarius for its full transit starting December 17th.