Progressed Sun switching signs

jkxx74

Premium Member
I hope I am posting this in the right forum.

(chart)
http://s29.postimg.org/6ztnsgkkn/astro_52gw_03_anonymous_2015725_47265_59300.gif

My prog. Sun is about to move into Pisces in 2 days time and I was wondering if the sign switch has any meaning. There hasn't been much on the net or otherwise about this other than some very general blurbs.

Has anyone tracked this in their own charts and noticed anything?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

erinj

Hello

Yes the sun switching signs will shift your life.. it is determined by what sign it enters, if and when it makes aspects to your natal confiugurations, house placement and house rulership so Neptune also.

Cor

When my progresssed Sun moved into Aries everything changed dramatically. I was impatient, more than normal, which has lessened over the years.

It looks like you are zero degree Aquarius Sun in your natal.

Now a Zero Degree Pisces Progressed Sun. Definitely pay attention to Neptune, strange experiences.

From a 00 Degree Pisces Natal Sun,

~Cor

(chart)
http://s29.postimg.org/6ztnsgkkn/astro_52gw_03_anonymous_2015725_47265_59300.gif

My prog. Sun is about to move into Pisces in 2 days time and I was wondering if the sign switch has any meaning. There hasn't been much on the net or otherwise about this other than some very general blurbs.

Osamenor

Staff member
My progressed sun moved into Virgo when I was 7 going on 8, and to Libra when I was 38. Both transits, I've had to look up, because in neither case did I have an obvious personality change, and the life shifts that happened were just... life. At age 7, any change I went through can be chalked up to just plain growing. In my late thirties (now early forties), I've been going through plenty of change, but can chalk that up to the middle age transits and wanting to make some changes in my life.

By the time I turned 8, I was known (at least to my family) as an animal lover. Around that time, I took some summer and after school classes at the local zoo and a rec center. The rec center had something called Nature Club, where we went out and discovered the semi-wild areas in the city. We netted pond life to look at under microscopes, learned how to identify the local wild plants and which ones were edible, dug clay out of a hillside and made pottery with it, and a few other things. I decided I wanted to do what the Nature Club teacher was doing when I grew up... and when I grew up, I did have a very similar job for a while.

When my sun progressed to Libra, I had just started my first herbalism class (I'm on track now to become a certified herbalist in about a year and a half). Not long after, I took up astrology. I was surprised to find that my sun progression to Libra happened then instead of a year or two earlier, because I had been trying to bring my life into balance and make it better for quite some time, a journey that involved experiences with a few different methods of alternative healing, especially during those two years. But, I had Saturn squaring itself from Libra during that time, while Pluto in Capricorn squared my natal Pluto in Libra, so maybe that's it.

You must've had your sun progress to Pisces by now. Anything going on in your life with a Piscean theme?

jkxx74

Premium Member
Thank you for going over the patterns you noticed.

I would say your affinity for animals is suggested by the Moon-Neptune conjunct but you are right about the Virgo theme as well as that seems to fit. The shifts do seem to have an effect but it is fairly subtle so you have to look at it carefully to see the pattern. If it is the transits leading you to pick up alternative medicine then it's possible that is Libra's way of shuffling your involvements around to restore balance - as well as the health and psychological benefits of these practices.

Well, there have been some somewhat similar examples to the ones you listed in my life. Most of my first 30 years was progressed Sun in Aqua and that started out with a really strong fascination for anything that runs off electricity (and plenty of explosions thanks to this as a child) and later science and computing. Likewise my main interests were programming and politics for much of that time. I did start getting interested in psychology at 7 after reading one of Agatha Christie's book and astrology at 17 when a high school friend sent me a link to astro.com but mostly there was an Aquarian way of doing everything. With astrology during that time my approach would be to take things as they are and chop them up to come up with an understanding, sometimes missing the point by a mile while ignoring chart patterns. It seems that period was characterized by looking for "objective" ways of doing things.

It is interesting you mentioned Saturn squares because I first learned about alternative healing during a combo p. Sun square Saturn / Saturn square Sun aspect time. It became clear that the doctors could not figure out what is wrong but as something very much was I ended up looking into acupuncture and homeopathy then and learning about both along with some other unusual treatments.

There were some subtle changes right before the sign switch but they were partly overshadowed by Pluto crossing the AC. Around the time that aspect was exact I started getting much more interested in astrology and actually did a ton of research into secondary progressions with some startling results. Once the sun crossed over it had Mercury catch up and there was an exact conjunction (with the Moon passing over it as well) at 1 Pisces - at that time my cat passed away but I was given a kitten (Sun conj Mercury?) and ended up reading some 20 books on psychological astrology - something that would not have been sufficiently interesting in the past. As well "Piscean" people have started to appear in my life and that change definitely started just months before the switch. Now my approach with astrology has changed to looking for patterns and seeing how they apply to and affect people's lives.

There have been lots of strange, sometimes very odd or nearly paranormal events as of late, and there have been other subtle but just as strange events in the last few months as well. (Neptune has been sextile the AC with the progressed Sun sextile Neptune..) The year is filled with Neptune and Chiron transits for me though so these are probably bending what I'm seeing somewhat. Progressed chart added in case you want to take a look.

Attachments

• a_p0731.jpg
    a_p0731.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 32

katydid

Like you, Jkxx, I had a zero degree natal Sun.

So when it progressed into Sag when I was 31, things shifted dramatically.

One main factor was that when it went into Sag it was two degrees away from a conjunct ion with my Venus, my chart ruler, @ 2 sag in the 7th.

And I was a newlywed. :love: I met my husband when my pr Sun was about 29 scorpio.

I think one of the most important things about being a zero degree natal Sun is that we are fully that sign for 30 years. Most natives shift into the next sign in childhood or early adulthood. But we are Scorpios or Leos for the first 30, through the first Saturn Return.

So I think the shift into the next sign by progression is more pronounced than when it happens at age 3 or 11, etc....:bandit:

jkxx74

Premium Member
And I was a newlywed. :love: I met my husband when my pr Sun was about 29 scorpio.

I think one of the most important things about being a zero degree natal Sun is that we are fully that sign for 30 years. Most natives shift into the next sign in childhood or early adulthood. But we are Scorpios or Leos for the first 30, through the first Saturn Return.

So I think the shift into the next sign by progression is more pronounced than when it happens at age 3 or 11, etc....:bandit:
Hi katydid,

if you feel like answering - did you meet your husband when the Sun was exactly conjunct Venus?

That is an interesting point, that the sign immediately shifts if the sun is in 29' of a sign and stays in the sign through the Saturn return if in 0' of that sign. I can definitely see how this would impact things depending on which of the two it is.

katydid

Hi katydid,

if you feel like answering - did you meet your husband when the Sun was exactly conjunct Venus?

That is an interesting point, that the sign immediately shifts if the sun is in 29' of a sign and stays in the sign through the Saturn return if in 0' of that sign. I can definitely see how this would impact things depending on which of the two it is.

I just looked back at my progressions to make sure I was remembering correctly.

I have Venus, ruler of my Taurus rising, @ 2 Sag 19 in the 7th house.

When I got married, my prog Sun was @ 1sag44. [oct 83][age 31]

So my wedding happened as the pr sun neared the conjunction to venus.

As it perfected to exact, my husband and I were returning from our honeymoon, looking for our own house, because we had been living with 2 roommates, and looking for better jobs.

When my future husband moved in with me, my prog Sun was 0 sag 24.

When we first met, my prog Sun was 29sco40--but we didn't begin dating until it was prog into sag.

jkxx74

Premium Member
Interesting - so the marriage happened within 1 degree of the progression but the events leading up to it were already building up at some +1 to +2 degrees of orb.

katydid

Interesting - so the marriage happened within 1 degree of the progression but the events leading up to it were already building up at some +1 to +2 degrees of orb.

This might be TMI, but there is an interesting story to that progression of events connected to the progressed Sun changing signs,,,:innocent:

When my pr Sun was around 29Scorpio40, I first met my husband. The very day we met, I told my best friend that I was going to marry this guy. :love: [tr Uranus conjunct natal Venus---tr Jupiter exactly conjunct natal Sun @ 0 scorpio---tr Sat conjunct natal Saturn in Libra]

For ME, it was love at 1st sight. But we were working together on a group project so I stayed professional and just got to know him through working together with mutual friends.

HOWEVER, I was going through a difficult time emotionally, and had been going to an ongoing support group for survivors of childhood sexual abuse. [natal T-square to Pluto conjunct Lilith in 4th---Moon/Mars/Chiron conjunction in Cap in 8th]

What I had learned in my support group was that I was going about trying to estsablish relationships ALL WRONG. What I mistakenly assumed, because of the abuse as a very young child, was that one could attract or lure people with sexuality. And so if I really liked someone I would be intimate pretty quickly. [Scorpio Sun/Merc with Taurus rising...:wink:]

So THIS TIME, for the first time ever, and with tr Saturn conjunct my Saturn in Libra, I took my time and we became friends and co-workers.

And by the time my Sun progressed into Sag, at around 0Sa20, we were falling in Love. And I feel I was a different person in many ways by the time we married, when the Pr Sun approached my natal Venus.

Anyway, probably too long and rambling---but it explains pretty well the personality change I went through after 30 years of being a Scorpio --and coming into the light and fire in my 7th house of Sag. :kissing:

Last edited:

jkxx74

Premium Member
Interesting indeed and many thanks for going ahead and posting it (it is relatable to my own story in a couple of different ways too..)

While my experience with Uranus-Venus has been very much the opposite it sounds like that transit was illuminating for you in a way that allowed the following constructive transits and progressions - exalted Saturn with its return/DC crossing and then followed up by the Sun-Venus applying conjunct that lead to meeting your husband and ultimately marrying. I don't doubt going through the support group experience was very difficult but maybe one of the lessons was about your own staying power to reliably attract partners (Saturn in 7/Libra) which is a nice override in a sense for the early hurts represented by Moon/Mars-Chiron.

I actually have a few people close to me who have natal Moon-Chiron aspects and who have recently started verbalizing some of the problems they are having due to these aspects so a real-life story with a good ending is very helpful here. I've been working with one person in particular for years and it is pretty difficult to be of much help with that aspect. They have the Moon opposite Chiron and square Saturn so it will probably take more time yet.

Meanwhile relationships seem to be the bane of my existence and likewise there is always a Saturn-Chiron hard link in all the signficant synastries and composites I looked at so that appears to be my theme (and matches with a few other things.) So seeing Saturn and Chiron in a positive light is helpful for me as well.

JUPITERASC

(chart)

My prog. Sun is about to move into Pisces in 2 days time
and
I was wondering if the sign switch has any meaning.

There hasn't been much on the net
or otherwise
about this other than some very general blurbs.

BobZemco has :smile:
and posted detailed guidance at
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26827

A lot of people seem to have problems understanding progressions.
The progressed Planets are nothing more than very very slow moving transits.
Progressions are very internal in nature, meaning they're more likely to affect you mentally than physically.
That doesn't mean progressions don't affect you physically, they can, for example
a Planet progressing into the 6th House
or the 6th House Ruler progressing into the 8th or 12th House
or into certain aspects with the rulers of the 6th, 8th or 12th Houses
can signify an illness.

Progressions are something you do maybe once in your life, and one of the best ways to do that is to write them down. You can use a spread sheet (like I use) or a word processor or write them on a legal pad, or you can use construction paper and crayons, it doesn't really matter. Other than that, all you need is a list of your Planets and the Ascendant and MC, and an ephemeris, which you should buy, but you can also find them online.

FREE online 9000 year EPHEMERIS http://www.astro.com/swisseph/swepha_e.htm

An ephemeris will look something like this:

Date............Sun....... Moon..... Mercury...Venus
May 26 1962 04°Ge28' 26°Aq47' 20°Ge23' 03°Cn43'
May 27 1962 05°Ge25' 10°Pi51' 20°Ge22' R 04°Cn55'
May 28 1962 06°Ge23' 25°Pi05' 20°Ge16' 06°Cn07'
May 29 1962 07°Ge21' 09°Ar25' 20°Ge05' 07°Cn19'

The symbolism is "day-for-a-year" so each day after your birthday is one year of your life.

Generally, you want to look at 120 days, which is 120 years of your life.
Yes, I know you're not going to live 120 years, but none of you are special.
When you die, the Solar System does not grind to a halt; it continues moving.
Your chart lives on, even after you die.

There are somethings you might want to know about.
Is your Will contested? Does your Estate end up in Probate Court?
Does the government seize your Estate?
Do your children fight over it? Does your spouse remarry?
Maybe you want to comeback and haunt your spouse
(or protect your spouse).
Do your children marry, divorce, have more children, do your grandchildren marry etc.

Will you receive any awards or accolades, or publish a book?
No kidding, a guy in Australia found his grandfather's diary
of life in the trenches during World War I. He published it. Guess what?
It showed up in the progressions of the grandfather's natal chart.

Here's a snippet from my progressions
(sorry the formatting is less than desirable):

Natal .. Position.. Action.. Age.. Date .. ..........Location .. Contact
Venus.. 04°Cn39' Sign .....19 ....Jun 13 1962... 25°Cn14'.. 9th House
Saturn .11°Aq22' Square ..19 ... Jun 13 1962 ...11°Ta17'.. Mars
Neptune 11°Sc29' Opp .....19.... Jun 13 1962 ... 11°Ta17' Mars
Mars 28°Ar29' ...Square ...22 ....Jun 16 1962 .... 28°Cn47' Venus
Uranus 28°Le37' Qu .........22 ....Jun 16 1962..... 28°Cn47' Venus
Venus 04°Cn39' Sign .......23 .....Jun 17 1962..... 29°Cn58' Leo
Mercury 20°Ge22' D ........26...... Jun 20 1962 .....11°Ge52' D Mercury
Mars 28°Ar29' Sextile ......26 ......Jun 20 1962 .....28°Ge23' Sun
Uranus 28°Le37' Sextile ....26 ..... Jun 20 1962 .... 28°Ge23' Sun
Venus 04°Cn39' SSx........ 27 ......Jun 21 1962...... 04°Le41' Venus
Sun 05°Ge13' Con........... 28 ...... Jun 22 1962 .... 05°Le52' Venus
Sun 05°Ge13' Sign ..........28 ....... Jun 22 1962..... 00°Cn18' Sign
Jupiter 10°Pi38' SSx ........28....... Jun 22 1962...... 10°Aq38' Saturn
Moon 07°Pi41' Qu ..........29....... Jun 23 1962 ...... 07°Le03' Venus
Pluto 07°Vi32' Con ........29 ...... Jun 23 1962....... 07°Le03' Venus
MC 01°Vi31' Sextile...... 29 ........Jun 23 1962....... 01°Cn15' Sun

All I've done is write out the year in which there is some contact with progressed Planets.

At age 19, my natal Venus progressed to conjunct the 9th House Cusp at 25° Cancer.

How do you interpret that?

The 9th House Cusp is Cancer ruled by my Moon in my natal 4th House.
What is the 9th House? Among things, it's long journeys.
4th House is the home.

I left the United States and didn't return for about 10 years.

See? It ain't so hard.

At age 23 my Venus progressed into the Sign of Leo. I got married.
Because Venus progressed into Leo? Not entirely.
My natal Mercury was Stationary in the natal 7th House, then it went Retrograde
and then it went direct at age 26.
In reality, I was actually 25 1/2 years old when Mercury went Direct
in my 7th House of Relationships.

That is one of the advantages of writing out your progressions. When you see something like that, natal Venus progressed into the 9th House then into the Sign of Leo while Mercury goes Direct, you want to actually do a chart for that time period and then also look at the transits so you can get a sense of the timing (in this case transiting Moon conjunct Ascendant).

When I was 28, natal Sun changed Signs and entered Cancer.
Did I become a Cancer?
No, but I did take on some of the traits of Cancer.
I became more sensitive, very emotional and extremely traditional,
plus I took on a few of the negative characteristics, like brooding and being way too cautious,

but then I was suffering from PTSD and the effects were starting to manifest themselves in a serious way.

When my Ascendant progressed into Sagittarius, I did not become a Sagittarius,
but I did take on a few traits, like being really straightforward,
to the point of being very blunt,
and also broadminded and quite the procrastinator.

Natal .... Position .. Action ....Age... Date ............ Location .. Contact
Asc...... 20°Sc43' ..Sextile ....90 .... Aug 23 1962 ...20°Vi41' ... Mercury
Sun..... 05°Ge13' .. Sign .......91 .... Aug 24 1962... 00°Vi33' ....Virgo
MC ......01°Vi31' ....Sextile.... 91 .... Aug 24 1962 .. 01°Cn06'... Mars
Sun.... 05°Ge13'.... House .... 92..... Aug 25 1962 .. 01°Vi31' ...10th House
MC ......01°Vi31'..... Con .......92 .... Aug 25 1962... 01°Vi31' ... Sun

There's where I exit stage left. Not because of those particular progressions, mind you, but because of that and other things going on with transits and the Anareta wants to Tango.

The other benefit to writing out your progressions is that if you don't know the houses, signs, elements and natures (and that would be about 80% of you), then you will when you're done. The elements trine, the natures oppose and square, sextiles are always Fire/Air or Earth/Water etc.

I recommend using some of the minor aspects, like the quincunx, semi-sextile and semi-square.

Often in your life you might notice periods where your relationship with your children, spouse, parents, friends, co-workers or supervisors is a little testy and irritating. I guarantee you'll always find a semi-sextile or semi-square there. And the advantage of knowing that in advance is that you can take a "time-out," give yourself a "yellow card," take a different approach or do other things to make your life and everyone else's more pleasant.

Aspect orbs for progressions are 30' to 1° maximum.
In addition to aspects, Planets changing Signs, Houses
or going Direct or Retrograde
are very important to note.
For Planets that go Direct or Retrograde, flip ahead in the ephemeris
and look to see if any transiting Planets are conjunct that point, because it will be emphasized.
The same is true if a progressed Planet goes Direct or Retrograde
at the pre-natal eclipses or the last Moon before birth
(which will either be a Full Moon or a New Moon).

What if a progressed Planet goes Direct or Retrograde at the same point where there is a transiting Eclipse or New/Full Moon for that month? I don't know, but note it and look at it in detail later. You can ignore Lunar Eclipses after 3 months, but for Solar Eclipses it'll depend on the nature of the Sign (ie 3 months for Cardinal, 6 months for Mutable and 12 months for Fixed).

After you make your list or table, look at past events and see if you can make sense of them. As I said, not everything will manifest itself in a way that you can physically see. Once you get a feel for past events, you can start looking at future events.