What books helped you learn Horary? Where did you learn it?

AquariusT

I touched it but never studied it hard until the past few weeks here :w00t: and have learned so so much! I dug out my horary books and I am reading them.

I have Ivy's book, Marc Edmund Jones and Anthony Louis, and one I got off ebay years ago from 1913 Raphael's Horary Astrology. I am using my seperation time from my hubby to study and I am getting so much better at it! Thank you everyone! I bought them years ago, then lost all my books in a flood in my basement the day hubby had his gallbladder out..and replaced them, but I may be missing some.

So, what books do you love or not care for and what other books out there are good on the subject?

Did you learn horary online, here, from a teacher, friends, self taught..tell me..

dr. farr

I was discouraged from horary (back in the 1960's when I was a teenager) by attempting to study Lilly and Simmonite (note: Lilly is the "king" for the great majority of students and practitioners involved in the horary revival of the past 15 years)
I learned most from a personal friend, Pasha, back in the 1970's (I've mentioned Pasha in several threads here on AW; for a more complete description of his ideas in horary which I learned, see my postings on Skyscript under the Horary Section, in the thread, "How did you learn horary?")
I like the older books on the subject (excluding Lilly and Simmonite!) Raphael's is interesting, also the horary sections in Manly P. Hall's "Astrological Keywords"; Robert DeLuce's little work, "Horary Astrology" is quite a gem, simple, clear and direct. I think these 3 books would be a good place to start: for rulerships/affinities references get Rex Bills "Rulership" book; and have DeVore's "Encyclopedia of Astrology" at hand for constant reference to help understand astrological terms and concepts.

E

eternalautumn

I've heard John Frawley's horary book is quite good, but I haven't read it myself.