Ties in synastry

DogCrazy

Hi, I am new here and I must say that this place has a wealth of information! I have had a strong interest in astrology for many years. Most of my readings in this area were Linda Goodman's books. However, one of her phrases has me stumped and I need some help in figuring out what it means. But first some background:

I am interested in this one guy and our charts show some interesting patterns. Here they are:
Mine:
Sun - Aquarius
Moon - Aquarius
Mercury - Aquarius
Venus - Aries
Mars - Aquarius
Jupiter - Taurus
Saturn - Leo
Uranus - Scorpio
Neptune - Sagittarius
Pluto - Libra

His:
Sun - Capricorn
Moon - Aries
Mercury - Capricorn
Venus - Sagittarius
Mars - Sagittarius
Jupiter - Capricorn
Saturn - Gemini
Uranus - Libra
Neptune - Sagittarius
Pluto - Libra

In particular, I was looking at the Venus - Pluto aspects. When discussing the Venus Sextile Pluto aspect, Linda Goodman says "Soul mates usually have other aspects in common like the Moon conjunct Sun or ascendant in the other's chart, as well as multiple ties and conjunctions shown in both charts." So my main question is: what does she mean by ties here? The way I am interpreting this is as follows: let's take 2 planets A & B. Say my A aspects his B and his A aspects my B. Then that's a tie. Is this the right way of interpreting it? If so, we have 10 ties in our chart of which 8 ties are clearly positive (conjunct, sextile or trine). Is this about average, above average or below average in your opinion? Also, if you have any take on our synastry, I would really appreciate your analysis as well!!! Thank you so much for your time!

Wildezword

Rahu means you should post both you and your partner's charts. Due to the enormous amount of people asking for interpretations, it's impossible for the few astrologers here to go out and construct the charts themselves.

Linda Goodman just means "her" Planet A aspecting "his" Planet B is a tie. You don't need mutuality for a tie to exist. So, her Planet B to his Planet A doesn't have to happen.

More generally speaking though, she's saying quite a lot without being specific. She's basically stating that the Venus/Pluto aspects by themselves do not indicate a "soul mate" relationship. She's saying look for aspects between the personal planets...the Sun/Moon/Ascedant.

DogCrazy

Okay, sorry! Wildezword, thank you also for explaining the ties as per Linda Goodman! Further, in the book Relationship Signs, she lists out separately what are considered to be the Love Aspects. So according to that set of ties, we share 27 such ties. Is there a significant number for such ties? Ballpark-ish...

Attached are the charts. In his chart, I couldn't get it to display the chart without the houses (since his birth time is not known).

Attachments

• Mine.gif
    Mine.gif
    18.2 KB · Views: 29
  • His.gif
    His.gif
    17.5 KB · Views: 31

rahu

Banned
the composite chart for the relationship has many aspects of love and commitment.it elicts a deep sense of emotional/spiritual completion in you.

yet there are very hard edges that accentuated the ethereal refinement of the love. emotional opposites exist in the relationship.difficult to understand as one would think nothing could weaken the ectasy of your connection.

there are a stellium of loving symbol,moon,lilth,jupiter/venus midpoint,sun/jupiter midpoint,moon/uranus midpoint all conjunct. this shows a emotional and social love.it gives feelings of commitment.
with venus conjuct the sun/moon and mercury/jupiter midpoint,the feeling of uniting are strong as spontaneous affection and open.ess are around you.this chart feels like a marriage proposal or an arranged marriage as jupiter is sextile to mercury and trine orcus.social dynamics are a big part of the relationship.the moon/jupiter midpoint is square to the sun/venus midpoint,again,highlighting supportive,respect affections that seem driven toward commitment.actuaklly a marriage seems well thought out as mercury sextiles to juiter ,you are both well educated and supported by family tradition.venus sextile to chiron shows that you are sensitive to each others emotional qirks or "issues".this gives a supportive and healing understanding of each other.

with nymhe opposed to mercury, mars/venus midpoint,jupiter/juno midpoint and moon/uranus midpoint, there is a feeling that all is well as your personal enegies mesh so fluidity that ever little thing you do and say seems to be fore ordained.

there is a "enchantement " around this relationship but this chart also has aspects off great insensitivy and coldness.

with orcus opposed to mercury, in spite of the magical emotional interaction between you,there is a separation.there is a block berween lettin g each other know there deepest feelings.you are clearly more forthcoming but he has a very selfish inner self which is shown by the mars/pluto square.and the midpoint of mars/pluto squares venus.

this is one of several dark aspects,as this shows than beneath the "soulmate", he is only looking ou tfor himself.any union would mean the "other" would have to change completely and under his dominance.
this is a strongly carnal impulse that rarely leads to a loving union. and male impulse wants submission in addition to gratification.

with the sun/saturn midpoint square nymphe and mercury and the mars/venus midpoint,the hint of emotional happiness will likely not occur after a marriage.as he will become resistant to laughter.even now you must feel how when you are feeling so good,he will always bring reality in to focus,or shy away the more you become enthusiastic.
with moon/saturn square the sun,devotion is at the base of the relationship.but this aspect can also show emotional isolation and despondency about the relationship.this aspect gives devotion but not discrimination.this shows standing by a relationship whether it is good or bad.consider deeply before you give you devotion.
what is most difficult is the feeling and potential for heavenly bliss are balanced by a emotionally chained karma.

actually it is surprising you are asking about him as summer seemed to be a very tense period ,if you were with him.and in to september ,i woul think that you felt this need to dominate with no sensitivity.

the harsh aspects may be a feature of a strong patriarchial social setting.
so the social manners may lessenen the oppressive nature of these aspects.
in western cuture the severity of the dominantion shown by your composite,rarely leads to relationships that are long lived.

the jupiter/uranus midpoint conjunct mars and opposed to saturn bodes an unstable relationship and breakup.
with a sun square to uranus,the chart is highly unstable for a longterm relationship.this is furthurly intensifies by the sun/uranus midpoint conjunct the mars/neptune midpoint and square to jupiter.this make a commited relationship very very doubtful even though the mars/neptune vibration will lead you to feel all is perfect.

rahu

Claire19

Okay, sorry! Wildezword, thank you also for explaining the ties as per Linda Goodman! Further, in the book Relationship Signs, she lists out separately what are considered to be the Love Aspects. So according to that set of ties, we share 27 such ties. Is there a significant number for such ties? Ballpark-ish...

Attached are the charts. In his chart, I couldn't get it to display the chart without the houses (since his birth time is not known).
Synastry can be confusing and contradictory but the composite chart shows the dynamics of the THE relationship and where it is focussed.
Without accurate birth times it is not really possible....shame.
I

Claire19

If you can load one chart for synastry it will be easier to read.
I doubt there are 27 ties, I dont think it is possible and without his ascendant, I am sure there not so many. You need to use smaller orbs of around 2-3 degrees max for synastry. I do see possible strong ties with what you have listed but bearing in mind the outer planets are generational and belong to all of you around that age.....Pluto, Uranus and Neptune......however the personal planets seem to be quite compatible especially Venus, Moon and Mars.......I would say you should go for it!!!!

Last edited:

DogCrazy

Wow, Rahu, that is an amazing reading! Thank you, thank you, thank you -- from the bottom of my heart...

Now let me add some background or context to some of the things you said:

the composite chart for the relationship has many aspects of love and commitment.it elicts a deep sense of emotional/spiritual completion in you.
there are a stellium of loving symbol,moon,lilth,jupiter/venus midpoint,sun/jupiter midpoint,moon/uranus midpoint all conjunct. this shows a emotional and social love.it gives feelings of commitment.
with venus conjuct the sun/moon and mercury/jupiter midpoint,the feeling of uniting are strong as spontaneous affection and open.ess are around you.
with nymhe opposed to mercury, mars/venus midpoint,jupiter/juno midpoint and moon/uranus midpoint, there is a feeling that all is well as your personal enegies mesh so fluidity that ever little thing you do and say seems to be fore ordained.

We do have a very easy connection. Most of the time, we find it easy to talk to one another and we enjoy each other's company, which is interesting because it happens in spite of some degree of language barrier. When we meet in person, it is not unusual for us to talk for hours at a time, oblivious to our surroundings. We have gone to parties together with a few hundred other people in it (many of whom we both know quite well) and yet ended up spending the entire time at the party talking only to each other with just cursory hi's and hello's to others.

this chart feels like a marriage proposal or an arranged marriage as jupiter is sextile to mercury and trine orcus.social dynamics are a big part of the relationship.the moon/jupiter midpoint is square to the sun/venus midpoint,again,highlighting supportive,respect affections that seem driven toward commitment.actuaklly a marriage seems well thought out as mercury sextiles to juiter ,you are both well educated and supported by family tradition.venus sextile to chiron shows that you are sensitive to each others emotional qirks or "issues".this gives a supportive and healing understanding of each other.
This is interesting... here's the thing... I actually have zero interest in marrying this guy. I guess I'm looking for more of a "friend with benefits" type of a relationship with him. He already is a good friend who has consistently signalled sexual interest for over 2 years. He has been polite and urbane but persistent in his signals whenever we meet in person (more on this later -- he doesn't communicate well over e-mails, etc). I have been the resistant one... so far... Now what you said about marriage proposal reminded me... he did propose several times about us working on a research project together. We are both in the same field and educated to the highest levels that our fields would allow. I wonder if that would also manifest itself in these aspects??

with orcus opposed to mercury, in spite of the magical emotional interaction between you,there is a separation.there is a block berween lettin g each other know there deepest feelings.
We live in different continents and only meet a few times a year for professional reasons and that's the way it will continue unless I take up some sort of involved project with him.

you are clearly more forthcoming but he has a very selfish inner self which is shown by the mars/pluto square.and the midpoint of mars/pluto squares venus. this is one of several dark aspects,as this shows than beneath the "soulmate", he is only looking ou tfor himself.
This was very illuminating -- thank you for bringing this up. Oddly enough, my bff, who has an uncanny perception of characters, referred to him as self-serving and unreliable when she saw his picture! She has never met him, by the way. Also, when we meet in person, he is the one chasing me around, so to speak. But otherwise, it's almost as if he expects me to initiate all e-mail and phone contacts with him. He's hopeless over e-mails... much better over the phone.

what is most difficult is the feeling and potential for heavenly bliss are balanced by a emotionally chained karma.
I didn't quite get this part... would you mind explaining a bit more?

actually it is surprising you are asking about him as summer seemed to be a very tense period ,if you were with him.and in to september ,i woul think that you felt this need to dominate with no sensitivity.
He has been trying to get me to visit him in his country for a while now. Interestingly, he was very keen on my visiting him this summer but I didn't really have that much of an urge to go see him. I suppose I had better things to do with my time then!!

this is a strongly carnal impulse
Remember how I said that I was the resistant one so far? Well, the last time we met, we spent a delightful fun evening together (almost 4 hours chatting about all kinds of stuff). At this point, I am not thinking anything remotely sexual. I get ready to go back to my hotel (I catch a flight back home the next day) and we are saying goodbye before I get into the taxi. We kiss each other on the cheeks and it is the most profound, bizarre, earth-shattering, heart-pounding connection that was ever triggered in me by the simple touch of someone's skin. I cannot describe it in words. Something as mundane as cheeks brushing turned me weak-kneed and unable to breathe. His eyes were like saucers too. The feelings were so intensely sexual that quite frankly it spooked me because I wasn't expecting anything but a nice friendly goodbye. So what did I do? I hopped into my taxi and escaped to my hotel. I couldn't sleep that whole night... even now, when I think about it, it gets me very excited. I have never felt this level of, I don't know what to call it, carnal charge, sexual charge, whatever it is with anybody else in my entire life.

So that's what got me thinking about the "friend with benefits" relationship. I have had one such relationship in the past and it was pleasant experience. But this is not something I can have with just anybody... it has to be with someone with whom I have some level of emotional and friendly connection. I care about this guy (must be the Cancer ascendant side of me??) and we do look out for each other in terms of our professional matters. Do I want to marry him? Hell no!

But the intensity in our last meeting gave me considerable pause for thought... do you see any past life connections in our synastry? Considering my culture and religion, I do believe in past life connections and this level of feelings seemed almost... abnormal, shall we say... that was what prompted me to look at our charts from the get go.

I do have one concern... you said:
male impulse wants submission in addition to gratification.
Does this imply abuse of some form?

Last edited:

DogCrazy

If you can load one chart for synastry it will be easier to read.
Claire19, pardon my ignorance :eek: but I thought the chart I uploaded for me (Mine.gif) shows the synastry as that birth time is known. Please let me know if I am totally off-base on this!
I doubt there are 27 ties, I dont think it is possible and without his ascendant, I am sure there not so many. You need to use smaller orbs of around 2-3 degrees max for synastry. I do see possible strong ties with what you have listed but bearing in mind the outer planets are generational and belong to all of you around that age.....Pluto, Uranus and Neptune......however the personal planets seem to be quite compatible especially Venus, Moon and Mars.......I would say you should go for it!!!!
Thank you for your take on this! So let me see if I understand correctly... e.g., Sun Trine Venus is significant only if the degrees pertaining to my Sun in within 2 -3 degrees of that for his Venus. Right?

DogCrazy

Okay, Claire19, here's what I have as far the degrees in synastry are concerned:

Mine:
Sun - Aquarius 27 35
Moon - Aquarius 5 16
Mercury - Aquarius 7 43
Venus - Aries 12 13
Mars - Aquarius 5 19
Jupiter - Taurus 22 52
Saturn - Leo 12 19
Uranus - Scorpio 11 47
Neptune - Sagittarius 15 54
Pluto - Libra 13 55
Chiron - Aries 27 59
Midheaven - Aries 9 06
North Node - Libra 26 06
Ascendant - Cancer 16 47
Fortune - Gemini 24 28
Lilith - Gemini 7 32

His:
Sun - Capricorn 21 12
Moon - Aries 12 41
Mercury - Capricorn 10 37
Venus - Sagittarius 29 42
Mars - Sagittarius 8 6
Jupiter - Capricorn 20 17
Saturn - Gemini 14 37
Uranus - Libra 22 57
Neptune - Sagittarius 6 34
Pluto - Libra 4 25
Chiron - Aries 12 50
North Node - Capricorn 16 46
Lilith - Capricorn 5 17

If my understanding of your statement about the 2-3 degree is correct, then I'm getting the following significant aspects:
sun sextile venus
sun trine jupiter
moon conjunct venus
moon sextile mars
moon trine saturn
moon oppose pluto
moon trine pluto
venus sextile saturn
mars sextile neptune
mars sextile pluto
jupiter trine jupiter
venus conjunct chiron
venus trine chiron
mars oppose lilith
venus sextile north node
ascendant conjunct south node
neptune trine chiron

So is this correct? Out of these, which would you consider as significant, given what I have said above in terms of background and context?

In particular, what's your take on the following aspects, specifically for lovers: mars sextile pluto; venus conjunct chiron; venus trine chiron; mars oppose lilith; venus sextile north node; ascendant conjunct south node; neptune trine chiron?

rahu

Banned
usually there is an emotional abusive attitude when there is no emotional bonding during itimacy.

my reference ti heavenly bliss.... chained karma, refers to the many instances of severity conjucnct love/innocence.

such as nymphe conjunct orcus ,thi put the feeling of intuitive connectios to tthe eath /love mconjuct a symbol of severity and control .psyche is square to satrun.psyche,the impuls eof the soul to find completion in the physical is hurt repeatedly by insensitivity.there just seems to be eelments of light and joy close to to elements of darkness and pain.the danger is for your emotions to be pulled apart by attraction and replusion.

realizing the carnal base of his intentions should protect your lose of dignity.

rahu

Originally Posted by rahu
Originally Posted by rahu

DogCrazy

Thank you, Rahu! Your analysis helped put some perspective into my feelings.

Also, in terms of education in astrology, I did learn a lot after Claire19 mentioned the whole degree separation business. So thank you, Claire19!