Brother's career

ScorpAsc5

It's a very difficult chart.

I am posting his natal + transit + progression.

He is total lost in his career. Just no idea what to do. Currently idle. Neither working nor studying. He lost interest in studying and now lacks confidence about starting work.

He cries in front of me and it breaks my heart that I am not able to help him much. I am just asking here if someone could let me know when all this would end and when would his career start.

Thanks.

Last edited:

retinoid

He is total lost in his career. Just no idea what to do. Currently idle. Neither working nor studying. He lost interest in studying and now lacks confidence about starting work.

He cries in front of me and it breaks my heart that I am not able to help him much. I am just asking here if someone could let me know when all this would end and when would his career start.

Thanks.

I feel bad your brother is going through so much (as a lot of people are...I do not know anyone who is not.)

So please be aware that as a whole, our whole world is going through a lot of turmoil right now in terms of direction.

The biggest theme that seems to play out in your brother's chart is a constant tug of war between 1) what he wants, who he wants to be, what he wants to do, how he wants things to be vs. 2) what others want, what is being demanded of, what every day life is pulling him toward.

Unfortunately with his chart, there is only a way for him to find a balance. When major oppositions occur in charts, it is good to have a breathing space. And he does not. Normally I cannot see karmic tendencies in charts, but your brother is definitely going through major transformations in this life. A lot of flushing out. Which is good from the higher perspective, but from ours totally *****.

Not sure if he looked into being a lawyer or something with politics (such as working for a congressman) but he does seem to show some blessing in terms of forging relationships and such and getting out there...once that opposition is taken care of.

ScorpAsc5

Thanks for your time. I agree people here are going through a lot in there life! And they seek help from you all ! So on the behalf of all, I am thanking you :)

You are completely right about the tug of war. But he hardly says what does he want. He just want to have a normal lifestyle ... not much rich but enough money to hangout with friends or family. But he does not know how to do the hard work to earn money and get what he want. He is on the whole lost. If someone gives him favor, they misuse him as their servant which gives me anger. But he has made himself that vulnerable in terms of his career that right now we just don't know what career line he would take off and how..

No he does not have any inclination towards politics but yeah he has some basic level connections with rich and established people... he is 23 without any idea what he would do in his life.

ukdesifem

I'd say:

- MC in Sagittarius - a leadership position perhaps
- Jupiter rules Sagittarius, and this in Leo in his 6th house. 6th house is that of public service.
- Sun rules Leo, and is in the 5th house of Cancer. So a nurturing streak could apply in this case, as it is his life essence to be such.
- The Moon rules Cancer, and is conjunct the AC in Aquarius. As it's a 1st house planet, progressive emotions could be important to him, and characterise his own character and will.

To summarise then, perhaps some kind of supportive or nurturing role is applicable here. The nature of such is moot, as people, or even organisations, may be the recipient of this. However, the Sag. MC as well as the Jupiter 6th house and Leo/Sun combinations lend to some tendency to grow and expand.

Vista

I think he will snap out of it towards the end of the year. Saturn will finally move on from squaring his Aquarius and Leo planets. Saturn can be difficult in terms of the lessons it teaches. Generally speaking, most people with Sag on their MC are pretty lucky in careers. Presently, Saturn is moving through his 9th house of higher education so i am not surprised he quit school although he could go back because Saturn is also the planet of discipline and hard work.

Thanks.

ScorpAsc5

I'd say:

- MC in Sagittarius - a leadership position perhaps
- Jupiter rules Sagittarius, and this in Leo in his 6th house. 6th house is that of public service.
- Sun rules Leo, and is in the 5th house of Cancer. So a nurturing streak could apply in this case, as it is his life essence to be such.
- The Moon rules Cancer, and is conjunct the AC in Aquarius. As it's a 1st house planet, progressive emotions could be important to him, and characterise his own character and will.

To summarise then, perhaps some kind of supportive or nurturing role is applicable here. The nature of such is moot, as people, or even organisations, may be the recipient of this. However, the Sag. MC as well as the Jupiter 6th house and Leo/Sun combinations lend to some tendency to grow and expand.

Whenever we try to ask him what does he want to do in his career, he says that he does not want to work low level work under someone ... I mean he has very little interest in working under someone. But he does not say anything else. For business, he needs capital and for money he needs atleast have some kind of earning. So there is kind of a deadlock here.. As you said some kind of leadership position, he has that in him ... whatever he want to do, he want to do independent ... he does not even want anyone to support him but he left school so he feels very less confident that he can do anything in his life.

ScorpAsc5

I think he will snap out of it towards the end of the year. Saturn will finally move on from squaring his Aquarius and Leo planets. Saturn can be difficult in terms of the lessons it teaches. Generally speaking, most people with Sag on their MC are pretty lucky in careers. Presently, Saturn is moving through his 9th house of higher education so i am not surprised he quit school although he could go back because Saturn is also the planet of discipline and hard work.

Thank you for your response. It would be a progress in this undecided career condition if he could figure out what does he want to do by the end of 2014.

He always had option to join school again... he still can join ... but he has lost all his confidence that he can study again. He last went to school about 6-7 years ago ... sitting idle for such long time made him to come up with this.

He is disciplined and hard working but his luck is just not favoring anything regarding his career. And we are worried as time is passing by and nothing concrete is happening.

ukdesifem

Whenever we try to ask him what does he want to do in his career, he says that he does not want to work low level work under someone ... I mean he has very little interest in working under someone. But he does not say anything else. For business, he needs capital and for money he needs atleast have some kind of earning. So there is kind of a deadlock here.. As you said some kind of leadership position, he has that in him ... whatever he want to do, he want to do independent ... he does not even want anyone to support him but he left school so he feels very less confident that he can do anything in his life.

OK. Well I do believe he has leadership potential, but then generally this is done from starting at the bottom. So working for somebody may be inevitable at the outset.

ScorpAsc5

Even if he has to work under someone, I understand as he needs to start from the scratch. But the biggest problem is, every year is passing by and nothing concrete is happening. He did get many chances to work with many different kind of people but he did not take all those seriously and he is still idle regarding his career.

Neither he is into studies nor into work.

Larxene

Hello ScorpAsc5,

This is a night chart, so the sect light in favour is the Moon. It is in the first sign, so it is operative: we can use the Moon for the next procedure. Before that, one thing to note is the Moon is in the last degree of a sign. Assuming that the birth time is accurate, according to Dorotheus, this placement is unfortunate. Anyway, the trigon lords of the Moon are Mercury, Saturn and Jupiter respectively.

The first thing I notice is that Mercury is cadent (3rd, 6th, 9th, 12th houses are cadent). Mercury is of the night sect (which is good for your brother), but it is not dignified and it is in an unfortunate 6th sign. This Mercury is below average in terms of favourability. So indeed, the first part of life will be unfortunate.

The next trigon lord is Saturn. Saturn is contrary to the sect in favour (bad for your brother), but it is in its own house (Aquarius) and is in the fortunate first sign. However, it is opposite Mars, which is contrary to it, and it is retrograde.This Saturn is about below average in terms of favourability.

The last trigon lord (which is less important in my opinion) is Jupiter, and it is contrary to the sect (not as good), but in its own trigon (which is better than nothing) and in an ambivalent 7th sign (neither positive nor negative). At the same time, it is also in opposition to the retrograde Saturn and is in the same sign as Mars. Similarly, this Jupiter is below average in terms of favourability.

With the above testimonies, I can see that life was and will be difficult for your brother. Nonetheless, because Mercury is cadent while Saturn and Jupiter are angular, there is at least some possibility of improvement in terms of increasing one's activities in life. The first part of life (Mercury) will be inactive and unfortunate, but the second part (Saturn) will become better, but still rather inactive due to Saturn's retrograde status. Activity will be obtained through constant hard work and toil.

Saturn's retrograde status makes the person experience delays and slowness, and because he is the domicile lord of the Ascendant, it also affects the character in the same manner: making the person slow, deliberate, over-thinking things, timid and fearful. The positive effects of Saturn are: careful, hard working, good at following instructions and understanding structures.

The Lot of Fortune is in Cancer, and its lord is in the 8th sign from Fortune (8th from Cancer is Aquarius) and is with Saturn retrograde. The 8th sign signifies idleness, while Fortune is an alternate Ascendant. Thus, this shows the situation of the native: an idle person, not participating in any activities.

I apologise if all this sounds negative. I can certainly see the predicament that your sibling is in. I cannot do the timing because the birth details are missing, so if you don't mind, you can PM me the birth details and we can go through this privately.

Sincerely,

Larxene Xenohart

Last edited:

ScorpAsc5

I don't mean to be offensive, but is your brother depressed? It could be a cause of his lack of motivation.
No he is not depressed. He goes out with his friends, talks well with family members, spends money on good food and clothes, laughs and plays with kids, travels to holiday destinations etc etc.. He is normal in his behavior regarding anything and everything except his career.

My brother is the only man in my life. I am the most concerned about him. He is younger than me and I just want to save him from any dreadful conditions. I don't know but I wish him to do some work and earn money ... settle down ... have enough of money to raise his own family ... I don't want him to feel that he is not upto the threshold level. And he is very understanding in his nature, he is very good looking, he respects people and always judges rationally. I am really concerned for my brother. I feel pretty bad when I look at his condition and feel helpless that I am not able to help him out. :(

Larxene

@ukdesifem:

He's likely prone to depression, given that Saturn is domicile ruler of the Ascendant and is in the first sign. Added to that is the instability of the waning Moon (bad for diurnal planets like Saturn). A sensitive type of person. Sometimes it's not easy to see whether someone is depressed though. Saturn is good at feigning.

EDIT:

By the way, the trigon lords of the MC will show the pattern of career. For your brother, it's Jupiter, Sun and Saturn. The Sun being cadent (and his other conditions are not positive) does show difficulties getting things to happen with regards to career. Since he's 23 I'd say he's around the second part of life already, so this fits.

Last edited:

ScorpAsc5

Hello ScorpAsc5,

This is a night chart, so the sect light in favour is the Moon. It is in the first sign, so it is operative: we can use the Moon for the next procedure. Before that, one thing to note is the Moon is in the last degree of a sign. Assuming that the birth time is accurate, according to Dorotheus, this placement is unfortunate. Anyway, the trigon lords of the Moon are Mercury, Saturn and Jupiter respectively.

The first thing I notice is that Mercury is cadent (3rd, 6th, 9th, 12th houses are cadent). Mercury is of the night sect (which is good for your brother), but it is not dignified and it is in an unfortunate 6th sign. This Mercury is below average in terms of favourability. So indeed, the first part of life will be unfortunate.

The next trigon lord is Saturn. Saturn is contrary to the sect in favour (bad for your brother), but it is in its own house (Aquarius) and is in the fortunate first sign. However, it is opposite Mars, which is contrary to it, and it is retrograde.This Saturn is about below average in terms of favourability.

The last trigon lord (which is less important in my opinion) is Jupiter, and it is contrary to the sect (not as good), but in its own trigon (which is better than nothing) and in an ambivalent 7th sign (neither positive nor negative). At the same time, it is also in opposition to the retrograde Saturn and is in the same sign as Mars. Similarly, this Jupiter is below average in terms of favourability.

With the above testimonies, I can see that life was and will be difficult for your brother. Nonetheless, because Mercury is cadent while Saturn and Jupiter are angular, there is at least some possibility of improvement in terms of increasing one's activities in life. The first part of life (Mercury) will be inactive and unfortunate, but the second part (Saturn) will become better, but still rather inactive due to Saturn's retrograde status. Activity will be obtained through constant hard work and toil.

Saturn's retrograde status makes the person experience delays and slowness, and because he is the domicile lord of the Ascendant, it also affects the character in the same manner: making the person slow, deliberate, over-thinking things, timid and fearful. The positive effects of Saturn are: careful, hard working, good at following instructions and understanding structures.

The Lot of Fortune is in Cancer, and its lord is in the 8th sign from Fortune (8th from Cancer is Aquarius) and is with Saturn retrograde. The 8th sign signifies idleness, while Fortune is an alternate Ascendant. Thus, this shows the situation of the native: an idle person, not participating in any activities.

I apologise if all this sounds negative. I can certainly see the predicament that your sibling is in. I cannot do the timing because the birth details are missing, so if you don't mind, you can PM me the birth details and we can go through this privately.

Sincerely,

Larxene Xenohart

Hello Larx,

First thing, reading these much negative aspects, I felt teary that my brother has to go through so much ... I am even fine with giving my money to him but his self-respect does not allow him to do so. I can't see my brother suffering .... lots of unfortunate placements ...

Larxene

This is just my personal opinion, but a difficult life is still worth living. There is meaning in the adversities we face. I think, regardless of whether we are a rich and famous person or just an ordinary person, every person on earth has a purpose for existing. We just need to find that purpose, and to fulfil it/them. In doing so, we are able to "live life to the fullest." Astrology serves to help each person find their path a.s.a.p, and to fulfil their purpose a.s.a.p, for life is finite. To do so, we should determine our own strengths and weaknesses, and to work on our strengths while minimising the impact of our weaknesses.

One of the ways I do this is through looking at the domicile and bound lords of the sect light. Here, the sect light is the Moon. Its domicile and bound lords are BOTH Saturn. That is why I can say with certainty that, his life is one of facing adversities (for Saturn loves misery). Regardless of that, among all the planets, Saturn is the most well-placed in his chart, in my opinion. This suggests that ultimately, he will benefit through the suffering.

I think he is in the period of life where he has to face problems and failure, in order to emerge as a stronger person (Saturn is the ruler of the Ascendant). This is something he has to resolve on his own (Saturn rules the 12th, house of isolation). I think the best you can do is to support him from behind.

But to know more, I'll need to check the time-lords. :biggrin: Stay tuned for the PM.

sasa62

there we have few "problems"

1. Ne and Ur 180 So

2. Pl 90 Ju Ma Ve

3. Sa in the twelfth house

1- problems with own identity ( absence of a father in upbringing or idealization of father figure ) and problems with authority or problem with relation other people

It is major problem, because he search for own identity. For people like him, it is necessary to pass a part of life to find themselves and their own identity

2- blockade second, third, ninth, and tenth field of life, this is field of earnings, field of communications, field of faculty and field of career...

3. saturn in 12 can make psychological problems. It's the hardest position of Saturn.

12 house is our psyche, and Saturn in 12 tries to to sort something that can not be sorted
I do not know English well, so I can not express on a way I want it

recommendations ...

limit oneself to the a shorter plan in time

experiment with different types of jobs that in the future more easily recognize the work that he would like to work

work on ourselves in terms of our relationship with others and acceptance of authority

connect with other people and their identity if it fits him

conclusion...

After 2030 solves the problem of identity and other blockages ... Until then, he must work on himself and his problems to them as quickly as possible and as soon as easier overcome when it comes time

sitting at home and crying can not help.

he must now do any work and after 2030 will know what he wants to do and finally realize his dreams

2012 / 2013 it was very difficult for him, stressful, problem with authority, or problem to find a job

dissatisfaction will still be present, but will be able to find a job if he wants, wright now, or in november/december/january

sorry on my english

ukdesifem

No he is not depressed. He goes out with his friends, talks well with family members, spends money on good food and clothes, laughs and plays with kids, travels to holiday destinations etc etc.. He is normal in his behavior regarding anything and everything except his career.

My brother is the only man in my life. I am the most concerned about him. He is younger than me and I just want to save him from any dreadful conditions. I don't know but I wish him to do some work and earn money ... settle down ... have enough of money to raise his own family ... I don't want him to feel that he is not upto the threshold level. And he is very understanding in his nature, he is very good looking, he respects people and always judges rationally. I am really concerned for my brother. I feel pretty bad when I look at his condition and feel helpless that I am not able to help him out. :(

OK. I didn't mean any offence, just a lack of motivation is a symptom of this.

He's only 23, so he needs to find himself. I think he needs to immerse himself in as much stuff as possible, he'll eventually find something that sticks.

ScorpAsc5

there we have few "problems"

1. Ne and Ur 180 So

2. Pl 90 Ju Ma Ve

3. Sa in the twelfth house

1- problems with own identity ( absence of a father in upbringing or idealization of father figure ) and problems with authority or problem with relation other people

It is major problem, because he search for own identity. For people like him, it is necessary to pass a part of life to find themselves and their own identity

2- blockade second, third, ninth, and tenth field of life, this is field of earnings, field of communications, field of faculty and field of career...

3. saturn in 12 can make psychological problems. It's the hardest position of Saturn.

12 house is our psyche, and Saturn in 12 tries to to sort something that can not be sorted
I do not know English well, so I can not express on a way I want it

recommendations ...

limit oneself to the a shorter plan in time

experiment with different types of jobs that in the future more easily recognize the work that he would like to work

work on ourselves in terms of our relationship with others and acceptance of authority

connect with other people and their identity if it fits him

conclusion...

After 2030 solves the problem of identity and other blockages ... Until then, he must work on himself and his problems to them as quickly as possible and as soon as easier overcome when it comes time

sitting at home and crying can not help.

he must now do any work and after 2030 will know what he wants to do and finally realize his dreams

2012 / 2013 it was very difficult for him, stressful, problem with authority, or problem to find a job

dissatisfaction will still be present, but will be able to find a job if he wants, wright now, or in november/december/january

sorry on my english

Thank you for your time to my thread. I know he must do something to recover through the situation and we all are trying to make him do something but it never works out. Yes father figure is absent and I know he feels bad because of it. Does not matter how much we try to fix the problem, It does not work well.
Its been years he is suffering hence we as a family suffering.

ScorpAsc5

OK. I didn't mean any offence, just a lack of motivation is a symptom of this.

He's only 23, so he needs to find himself. I think he needs to immerse himself in as much stuff as possible, he'll eventually find something that sticks.
Sorry if you felt that I offended you. Nothing like that! I was just saying...

Pretty sure its lack of motivation. You are right. But we try to motivate him a lot ... so many family friends, relatives, my friends .... so many people try to motivate him but he does not listen to anyone and in the end wins with his arguments.
He is ready to immerse himself in something but the major issue is what it should be.... If we suggest something, he rejects and if we ask him to come up with something, he is always blank as he himself does not know what to do with career.

Sorry, it I am taking your much time or efforts. But thanks for coming forward.

ScorpAsc5

I am sorry Kshantaram, I missed your response.

We really don't know if he would further study or start employment. Even if studies, then what he would study and if employment, then what kind of work would he do. It's that much convoluted. Every year we hope something constructive would happen, but nothing works out.

You said it right that people take his advantage emotionally because of this situation.

But seems like something is gonna work out around Christmas this year?

Well he wanted to do something in the foreign land but he kind of lost his interest in that matter also.