The Moon in Dignity and Debility

Claire19

I agree that women relate more to their moons.

As for the malignant tumours question, it has been my experience that three challenging aspects to Pluto plus Neptune aspects for the immune system. I have only two challenging aspects and have had benign tumours only as has my sister with two similar aspects.In my chart Moon square Pluto & Mercury for female sibling and Gemini mother who has her own challenging aspects. Both started off with breast cancer and spread to lungs hence the Mercury and 3rd house indications in my chart. My grandmother also died from it and her chart reveals three challenging aspects also. I have to wonder why so many young women are contracting breast cancer here in Australia. It is my contention that the aluminium in the deodorants is one cause and it goes straight to the lymph node area as well. We are a country where we go sleeveless a lot and of course they shave under the arms which should not be done as it where the toxins are conducted out.
Claire

holly

The Moon in Scorpio

Hi everyone,

I don't quite understand why the Moon is debilitated in Scorpio. I would think the Moon would be quite comfortable in an extreme sign like Scorpio, that allows it to display its entire range of expression and encourages the native to live an emotionally rich life.

Can anyone explain it to me, or point me in the direction of some good websites that may help?

holly

Re: The Moon in Scorpio

pixiequix said:
Well, it could be rooted in the fact that the wide range of emotional expression that's available to Scorpio Moon people like myself, is often quite difficult to control.

The Moon by nature is turbulent and ever-changing, so wouldn't it find difficulty in all three water signs, as water signs cannot provide the structure and boundaries to control or contain the Moon's energy? Wouldn't it be debilitated in Pisces as well as Scorpio?

So I think what you're saying is, instead of encouraging the Moon to express it's better side (compassion and nurturing), Scorpio energy is so intense that it stretches the Moon far beyond it's better qualities.

I'm fighting the urge to think of Scorpio as exaggerating the Moon's expression (and that being a bad thing), because that implies that the Moon is better suited to a shallow emotional range and I'm not quite sure how true that is...?

holly

pixiequix said:
It's nearly impossible to shock a Scorpio Moon with tales of your own personal exploits.

True! I have such a great relationship with my Scorpio-Moon brother. He is open and willing to discuss things that would make other people turn away and run in horror/disgust!

Part of what makes it difficult to understand the Moon's debility in Scorpio is that although it is often difficult to live life knowing the depths of human experience (including suffering), the reward for that is profound emotional richness and a full experience of life - a good thing, even if it is hard earned.

It is fortunate that my brother has a strong Aries Sun to pull him out of that mind frame and away from the dark side of life so he doesn't ever become overwhelmed. If there wasn't that help in the chart, maybe the debility would show itself more. I can imagine that without help from the rest of the chart, a Scorpio Moon may be too overwhelming for the native, and lead to despair, depression, or perhaps exhaust them with too much hidden meaning in their life. In that instance I can understand the debility.

Anyway, I found this, which offers some explanation:

"Scorpio signified change, destruction, and death and is in direct contrast to the dreamy watery Moon, the planet of growth. It is obvious then why the Moon is in its fall in Scorpio."

I guess if we examine it on the axis of growth and destruction (Taurus = growth and Scorpio = Destruction) then it makes some sense that the Moon would fare badly in Scorpio. But I'm still not entirely satisified with that answer.

http://berglund.ceze.com/english/webcourse/lesson_8.htm#dig_exa_fal

I do vaguely remember reading something somewhere likening Scorpio to the element of fire. The traditional ruler of Scorpio is Mars, and as Mars and the Moon aren't compatible, the reason for the debility may be found in that line of thinking...

freedomlover

Originally Posted by holly
I don't quite understand why the Moon is debilitated in Scorpio. I would think the Moon would be quite comfortable in an extreme sign like Scorpio, that allows it to display its entire range of expression and encourages the native to live an emotionally rich life.

Can anyone explain it to me, or point me in the direction of some good websites that may help?

This is my take on the subject of the Moon being exalted in Taurus:

Taurus rules self-worth. Buddha is closely associated with Taurus, and he received enlightenment under the full moon in the month of Taurus (which was in Scorpio, by the way) So Taurus and the Buddha are associated with compassion. The fullness of compassion comes with the fullness of self-worth. This is the Buddha nature - and the finest expression of the moon's qualities.

However, that is in a perfect world. In the current world, I've found this to be true: First, you have to take into account polarities. Some Taurus qualities are found in Scorpio, and vice-versa. This explains why the fullness of compassion (Scorpio) comes from the fullness of self-worth (Buddha). Without good self-worth, Taurus can get excessively materially-minded, greedy, overly-sensual, etc. Scorpio can get very vindictive, jealous, cruel, etc. But these negative emotions are rooted in low self-worth, self-hatred, etc. So, the lower self-worth (Taurus qualities inherent in its Scorpio polarity) the more turbulent and lower-vibrating the Scorpio moon's emotions become, and thus is debilitated. Therefore the more self-worth (Taurus), the more self-love, the more compassion for others (Scorpio).

But going back to the "perfection" example.... When one reaches enlightenment, which is self-love and self-worth (Taurus) , they automatically balance the polarity of Scorpio. So, I said all that to say this..... If the Moon is truly exalted in Taurus, it is truly exalted in its opposite sign, Scorpio, as well - as in the Buddha's example.

Also, the descriptions I gave are not only true of Taurus/ Scorpio moons, but is true of human nature, in general. The scenario is just "played out" by the Taurus and Scorpio moons. Another example of energies we all have but certain signs "playing it out" are the on-stage/audience energies inherent in the Leo/Aquarius polarity.

Hope that helps!

DeLaSoul

One of my closest friends is a Gemini with a Scorpio moon. She is one of the oddest people I've ever met and she says the same thing about me. I feel as if her & I connect on a higher level than a lot of other people. I love listening to her talk about her emotional matters.

She is pretty crazy though. Very crazy. She's been diagnosed with depression and OCD. She is VERY sensitive and some of the smallest things make her furious ( I think this might have something to do with her Mars in Aries?). She lies a lot and plays mind games with people she isn't very close to or has no appreciation for (I'm thinking this is her Gemini side?).

I think I connect with her so well because of my Sun in Scorpio conjunct many others planets plus my Pisces moon. Actually I have a preponderence of water & earth just like her. So I guess my whole chart.

Last edited:

redwolf481

wow how similar nackie

I am a gemini with a taurus moon and libra ascendant(lack of aries planets though).....gemini taurus is one of the best combinations to have...its very balanced...a gemini who follows through.....

Nackie said:
I have a taurus moon, supposedly exalted, but I would rather another moon sign, myself.

My taurus moon is my only earth sign, and a saturn in cancer my only water. I've got a fire predominance almost equalled by air, so I find the earthiness of the taurus moon hard to handle.

As a gemini I like to be spontaneous, but the moon sometimes holds me back (the libra asc doesn't help much either)--keeping me waffling between "I'm gonna do it!" and "Oh, g*d no, stay home!" The fire in me wants to get started (aries constellation) and the moon says "yawn,--we can do that tomorrow". The only thing it doesn't seem to get in the way of is my intellectual thirst--but then again, there is no risk in surfing the net or reading, and hey--it's a good time to be able to munch on stuff! :p

As a gem I'm naturally sceptical about things and people till it's been proved to me. The moon wants to take everyone at face value, it's quite naive and happy to be that way.

And also as a gem with a lot of aries influence, I'm a bit of a hothead, but I tend to carry out anger in myself, wouldn't want to rock the boat! And then, because I get angry fast, and usually get over it fast, but if you anger me enough (I haven't told you you make me mad, that would disturb the harmony) then there is absolutely NO WAY that you are making it into my good graces again. All the thinking and rationalizing that my gem sun does CAN NOT change that way of thinking in me. If you've hit rock bottom in my book, that's it--for good. I really despise that in myself.

So I think that detriment or exalted in a chart has less to do with the planets in their positions, but in how the whole operates in the chart.

My saggie son has a cappy moon. I do find it difficult to understand him emotionally. He tends to pull away and clam up when there is a problem, whereas for me that is definitely a time where I would be a cuddler (although I'm generally not a touchy person).

Interesting topic, especially as the moon is not "logical" and so it is hard to step back and see the affects it has on your personality.

Nackie

Mmh... so far my taurus moon, exalted as it is, has been one of my most problematic areas, by far, and half my chart -half myself- want to kick it into movement most of the time.

At first sight, it shouldn't be, as 1. it´s in taurus, steady-land, and 2. I am a capricorn sun sign, and they are both in a happy happy earth trine.
But for me, the exaltations have felt more like planets that have a huge extra oomph to them (I also have saturn exalted, and it´s like that song with the "I am the voice inside your head and I control you" line >.>), and the oomph of the moon has been reaaaaaaaally strong, but really really painful too, and sometimes down annoying. My mars in libra, on the other hand, I can feel due to me having very little physical energy and noooo strength, at all.

So it feels more like a matter of strength of manifestation than of positive or negative, and the exaltations, for me, have manifested as things that can be seen and felt a looot (perhaps that´s why the moon falls in scorpio, emotions go into hiding)

I have veeeeeery strong mood swings and had sunk into very very heavy self-destructive self-transformative depressions (which lasted, befitting a taurus moon, about ten years until I managed to transform them in a very very plutonian fashion).
All these things happen when my emotional needs aren´t met, so the self-worth that taurus should give me, goes to hell (literally) and it turns into pain that I can´t let out, or turned, as right now I am trying to understand my moon a bit more in order to be able to protect and nurture my emotional needs as well as the rest of my needs, as I have no desire of repeating the downward spiral experience.

I do have the protective traits of the taurus moon, and will see everyone that "belongs" to me (or more to my tribe) as someone I must protect and "feed", and both my career and my job both have been influenced and improved thanks to women (it´s in the 10th house), while at the same time I have influenced other women as well. My emotions last and last and last, I am emotionally cautious, and art is the only outlet for everything (but this also has to do with my libra 4th house).

the pluto opposition, plus the squares by venus and mercury, and the mars quincunx probably do make my moon a little less steady than what it should be ^^

oh, and I do love scorpio moon people. I feel very nurtured by them and they tend to open up quite easily with me -and I to them- (might have to do with my ceres in scorpio and my venus in the eigth house o_O)

As for Nackie´s comment on her taurus moon, my gemini rising can understand your sun sign completely -_-

FoxHound

I have my Moon in Scorpio and my Sun in Capricorn but I think I have always felt a lot more like my Moon than my Sun. When I've read that Scorpio Moon represents "extremes of emotions" I understood that they weren't really kidding. I feel everything very intensely and I'm very "everything-or-nothing." I don't do things half way: always intense. I don't get a little mad, I get furious. I don't "like" or simply "love" someone, I feel things in ways that I sometimes can't even find words to express it with. I've been told it's one of the most difficult Moon placements, but despite the difficulties I kind of like the challenge. I always think: "I'd rather feel extremely turbulant emotions than not to feel any at all."

My Moon is also in the eight house and it conjuncts my Jupiter (also in Scorpio). I'm not really extremely versed in Astrology (hence why I joined these forums: I want to learn), but I'm guessing that makes a difference?

Junke

FoxHound said:
I have my Moon in Scorpio and my Sun in Capricorn but I think I have always felt a lot more like my Moon than my Sun. When I've read that Scorpio Moon represents "extremes of emotions" I understood that they weren't really kidding. I feel everything very intensely and I'm very "everything-or-nothing." I don't do things half way: always intense. I don't get a little mad, I get furious. I don't "like" or simply "love" someone, I feel things in ways that I sometimes can't even find words to express it with. I've been told it's one of the most difficult Moon placements, but despite the difficulties I kind of like the challenge. I always think: "I'd rather feel extremely turbulant emotions than not to feel any at all."

My Moon is also in the eight house and it conjuncts my Jupiter (also in Scorpio). I'm not really extremely versed in Astrology (hence why I joined these forums: I want to learn), but I'm guessing that makes a difference?

It does make a difference..
Jupiter's nature is to expand, and conjunct the Moon, it's going to expand everything connected to the Moon, which would make your reactions much stronger and extended than it would be without the conjunction. You are also probably more positive than a typical Scorpio Moon..

Claire19

One take on Moon conjunct Jupiter Scorpio 8th is that you will benefit from females, especially older women. This can be an inheritance, gift or opportunities from the corporate sector. If you apply for a loan for instance you will more than likely get it easily and especially one for a home. Your curiosity about the other occult side of life is heightened with Jupiter there and you will want to develop a philosophy that enhances your life experience and deepens your faith. With a Capricorn Sun it gives you endurance and a sense of reality and practicality and helps you deal with your intensity of emotion and to deal with the jealousy and controlling tactics that you may experience especially with emotional blackmail or manipulation that masquerades as goodwill. Your interest in the past and your roots will also be strong and you well be in touch with your ancestors from the other side. NOt to mention your mother or grandmother when the time is right.

Claire19

ShadowRain said:
Natively I have a Scorpio Moon and it's quite difficult to live with. I already have a preponderance of water in my chart and having the Scorp Moon just pushes me over the edge sometimes. I find that I over react entirely to certain situations - I don't get angry, I explode. I don't get sad, I get thoroughly depressed. I'm not happy, I'm euphoric etc. This Moon is one of extremes of emotions ... which is hell to live with if you're the life partner :)

Well, my thoughts on the matter.

You are not bi polar or manic depressive? No offense.

I agree that any planets in Scorpio can be heavy going but it also has the power to heal and on a grand scale.

FoxHound

Thanks for the info guys, but actually I made a mistake. I said my moon conjuncts my Jupiter, but I actually meant it conjuncts my Pluto. Both are in Scorpio and in conjunction. My Moon is still in the eigth house though.

Vista

I seem to attract Scorpios myself. My mother has Sun, Mercury, and Mars in Scorpio (Sun/Mercury conjunction) and one of my best friends has Scorpio Rising with Moon/Neptune Conjunct the Asc. She also has a Leo Sun/Mars conjunction and Saturn squares both her Sun and Moon. Both have bad tempers and are controlling. Despite my moms temper, overall she is usually a pretty happy person and isn’t moody. I have heard that Taurus Moons are overall pretty even tempered until you **** them off. Then watch out. Perhaps my moms Sag. rising helps a bit too. My friend on the other hand is very moody. She is a great person and always willing to listen when I need her, but her moods are very up and down. She never, ever forgets anything she perceives as a negative being done to her. The same thing with my mom. She will bring up something I did in 1985 and use it as a weapon in an argument. Geezzz! Sometimes I think my friend would do well on some sort of anti depressant just to take the edge off things. She just doesn’t cope very well. She is so anal and controlling about everything and has a short fuse. It’s gotten worse as she has gotten older. She is approaching 40 and I suspect there could be something going on hormonally. She doesn't see herself as she really is either. Neptune sitting on her Ascendant I am sure. She has a tendency to blame everyone else for her problems and expects people to adjust to her behavior because "she can't help how she is.”

To tell you the truth, I have a Moon in Cancer and that isn't any picnic either. I have Sun in Capricorn, Mercury in Aquarius, Venus Sag, and Aries Ascendant. That Cancer Moon puts a wrench in the middle of everything let me tell you! I always wished my Moon were in Gemini or Leo as I think it would be easier to cope with.

My ex boyfriend just started dating a women with Moon and Mars in Scorpio. Interesting how you mentioned the jealousy part. She already acts jealous after 2-3 months of dating and he is not happy. He does not get jealous at all so this is a huge turnoff.;)

Last edited:
I am a Cancer sun with a Capricorn Moon conjunct a Capricorn Mars, plus Capricorn rising. :) I'm REALLY defensive.

But then again, I grew up with two Capricorns with Scorpio Moons (my parents), so I had to be.

That said, I don't particularly like Scorpio Moons, nor do I like any fixed moon for that matter. At best I can tolerate an Aquarius Moon. At least they aren't interested in personal attacks.

FoxHound

Vista said:
To tell you the truth, I have a Moon in Cancer and that isn't any picnic either. I have Sun in Capricorn, Mercury in Aquarius, Venus Sag, and Aries Ascendant. That Cancer Moon puts a wrench in the middle of everything let me tell you! I always wished my Moon were in Gemini or Leo as I think it would be easier to cope with.

You know, I used to think the same thing about my Scorpio Moon when I was younger. Now a days I'm happy it's where it is. I know it's more difficult and takes more work than other Moons (or so I've been told), but I love the challenge. The bigger the challenge, the bigger the lesson involved. I think life would be horribly boring if it was too easy.

Pallas-trine-Mars

ShadowRain said:
Natively I have a Scorpio Moon and it's quite difficult to live with. I already have a preponderance of water in my chart and having the Scorp Moon just pushes me over the edge sometimes. I find that I over react entirely to certain situations - I don't get angry, I explode. I don't get sad, I get thoroughly depressed. I'm not happy, I'm euphoric etc. This Moon is one of extremes of emotions ... which is hell to live with if you're the life partner :)

Well, my thoughts on the matter.
This is precisely why the Moon is in Fall here! The person realizes their emotions can be too powerful, senses the self-destructive power of them and that realize that they need to control them.

Esoteric astrologers say the Moon is at home in Virgo, but it seems to me that neither Mercury sign enjoys the Moon much.

I have an Aquarius Moon which also no fun at all, rather lonely; Aquarius is the sign that 'kills' the Moon because it's the Moon's 8th house (like Scorpio is the natural 8th house) and truly I am a little dead inside :). I wonder why the ancients never realized that the Sun is in detriment also in Capricorn and the Moon is also in Aquarius as these are both home to there ancient foe Saturn.

Modcleopatra said:
I don't particularly like Scorpio Moons, nor do I like any fixed moon for that matter. At best I can tolerate an Aquarius Moon.
Why, thank you? Even though our Moon's sextile, I can't get along with the Aries Moon much, they're so angry and childish; my father aand grandfather have that, both were abandoned by their fathers.. The Capricorn Moon is difficult also for me to get along with, so sad and irreversibly depressed it seems. I can never tell what a Taurus Moon person is going to do!

Last edited:

kokawaii

Dignity:

• The Moon exerts rulership over Cancer
  • The Moon is exalted in Taurus
My AC is Cancer and its ruler, the Moon is in Taurus at 29 degrees in the 11th house (my Sun is in Aquarius). Since I have MiT (and it is Ruler of the 1st) I would have thought it lessened the mood swings brought by a Cancer AC, but it does not. I don't really like my MiT because it makes me fond of security and makes me sometimes hold grudges against people; both of those things are not liked my Aquarian Sun. I realized that even though I dislike my MiT, it has brought me great joy in friendship (11th house, where it lies). I've rarely any problem in that area.

Sun in Taurus, Moon in Cancer here.

My depth of emotion surpasses most I interact with (especially other men I meet). It's a beautiful thing, I'm an artist. Life is engaging. I am wildly empathetic, imaginative, sensitive. But sometimes hypersensitive. Have to learn to shrug off negativity, especially if it comes from someone I love. Very easy to remember every detail of the hurt and relive it over and over again. Have to live in the real world.