Beginning to Study Astrology

akira12

I am presuming Jupiter contacts Uranus natally??? THe trine with Jupiter should be enlightening. Saturn is in aspect to your MC natally???
Group associations connected to matters of universal truth and philosophies in life. Also the afterlife and reincarnation etc. You may gain from being involved with humanitarian endeavours. New Age technologies and hopes for the future are view with optimism and may present opportunity. If indeed Jupiter aspects Uranus natally it is a great time learn astrology of course.
Well, when you are looking at your own chart, it will be the most difficult to interprete it by yourself. Astrology in my opinion is a research which complete your knowledge of yourself - but that is something what us occupy the whole life! We are too much nearby to ourselves, that makes us blind :sick:. For me I found it always easier to interprete charts of people who are unknown to me. Even the charts of my relatives are not so easy for me, and I don't know, why it is so. I suppose that astrology as an insight in our inner world is a similar mannor with an analysis. There also it isn't easy to do it alone yourself.

AllieStar

Thank you for putting some structure to the method of learning. The more I learned, the more I learned what I didn't know and the snowball of ignorance was becoming overwhelming.
I have always known there was more to "me" than a Sun Sign. There are too many variations in personalities to believe we should all fit into 12 categories. When I stated (last week?) learning of the impact of What (planets), How (Signs), and where (houses), I knew I was onto something rich. Something that could tangibly support the "Nature" part of the Nature/Nurture discission. So, I started cutting and pasting blurbs and definitions together. It started making sense but was extremely time consuming. Then came the aspects ...., then predictive astrology,... my brain went into overload. I knew I needed to step back and begin a more structured approach - but where to start. This is a fascinating discipline. I am grateful for all the help and guidance to understand it better.

phuonguyen05

I've a burning question directly connected to all of this, and I don't see the sense in opening up an entire, new thread just for this, but what about Stage 2? Or 3?
:devil::innocent:

Claire19

I am a competent astrologer with over 30 years teaching and guiding. I do not use asteroids, fixed stars and the like......I offer free lessons online for anyone who wishes to learn.... starting with the basics and continuing into predictive work. I do not use transitting nodes for instance. Chiron is maybe a support or back up but that is all.

I dont use solar arcs but I do use solar returns. Transits and progressions are very useful.... Too many theories and hypotheses abound which are not accurate or correct. I do not use minor aspects except if they are exact and strongly positioned... I prefer to keep a very complex science as simple and as uncluttered as possible. ''Any enquiries seahorse19@hotmail.com and put astrology in the heading.

Cheers

Claire19

Well, when you are looking at your own chart, it will be the most difficult to interprete it by yourself. Astrology in my opinion is a research which complete your knowledge of yourself - but that is something what us occupy the whole life! We are too much nearby to ourselves, that makes us blind :sick:. For me I found it always easier to interprete charts of people who are unknown to me. Even the charts of my relatives are not so easy for me, and I don't know, why it is so. I suppose that astrology as an insight in our inner world is a similar mannor with an analysis. There also it isn't easy to do it alone yourself.
I tend to agree that analysising your own chart can be difficult because of the emotional attachment and lets face it, wanting to see only the good and positive. I always get another astrologer to look at my chart for any big issues.... Another perspective. However only you know yourself well and more so as you mature.

Family matters, I dont usually look into much unless there is something really important. I dont want to know that my niece for instance is going to die young or have a grave illness and I have to wait for that to happen......it is stressful.

Celebrity charts for practise is the best and many many of them. Very few people are cut out for astrology and many fall by the wayside as it is not for them....It is easier these days with chart calculations being made for free on websites and no textbooks needed in that way, anymore... HOwever a lot of misinformation abounds on the internet and this a real problem.....Theories and legends which have no basis in actual fact. Astrology is a science as well as an art...

Love2Know

Hey Frank, How do you find your dominant planet in your chart like I heard some people say oh I am a Jupiter person or some other planet.. Also I'm a cancer and I find a lot of other people more emotional or sensitive than myself. I would say the only thing I tend to pick up the fastest is I have strong reactions to people and places I walk into. Astrology has no sentimental, home or great emotional connection for me. I just think it's fun and interesting.
Thanks

Frank

Hey Frank, How do you find your dominant planet in your chart like I heard some people say oh I am a Jupiter person or some other planet.. Also I'm a cancer and I find a lot of other people more emotional or sensitive than myself. I would say the only thing I tend to pick up the fastest is I have strong reactions to people and places I walk into. Astrology has no sentimental, home or great emotional connection for me. I just think it's fun and interesting.
Thanks

Check out his article I wrote some time ago and eventually posted here:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17099

It might help you understand how I find important planets in a chart.

Love2Know

I looked over the link you send me quickly, I will read it in detail after. I did see that you mentioned planets in their homes and different signs being honoured guests in some placements. Like I have a mars in Capricorn but then I have a sun opposition mars, can this make the home more traumatic for my placement. How does it colour my placement? Or does it just give me an overall competitive or argumentative energy. I guess this can also be balanced out by other aspects right? Also if I am looking at my chart I know the highest points are angels do you have anything on those? One last question, if I have a lot of aspects involving a particular planet what does that mean, like I have a lot of Venus ones for example. Thank you very much for your time hope Im not buggin you too much. (reposed from private message so everyone can see)

Frank

Chart synthesis is just that - synthesizing various components of the chart to (it is hoped) come up with clear observations. An astrologer has to learn to separate the wheat from the chaff in every chart he or she looks at. There is no "this planet is here so it MUST mean this". One has to tie specific placements into the rest of the chart using dignity, dispositors, aspects, etc.

I'm not sure what you mean by angels. I usually dispense with such loaded terms which tend to bring their own baggage with them.

I looked over the link you send me quickly, I will read it in detail after. I did see that you mentioned planets in their homes and different signs being honoured guests in some placements. Like I have a mars in Capricorn but then I have a sun opposition mars, can this make the home more traumatic for my placement. How does it colour my placement? Or does it just give me an overall competitive or argumentative energy. I guess this can also be balanced out by other aspects right? Also if I am looking at my chart I know the highest points are angels do you have anything on those? One last question, if I have a lot of aspects involving a particular planet what does that mean, like I have a lot of Venus ones for example. Thank you very much for your time hope Im not buggin you too much. (reposed from private message so everyone can see)

Love2Know

angels highest points of the chart, I see that everything is made up of small pieces which then lead up to the bigger picture. I was trying to clarify the use of these terms, such as the ruling or dominant planet energy in a chart and the highest points in a chart because I wasn't sure what they mean.

Frank

angels highest points of the chart, I see that everything is made up of small pieces which then lead up to the bigger picture. I was trying to clarify the use of these terms, such as the ruling or dominant planet energy in a chart and the highest points in a chart because I wasn't sure what they mean.

I have never used the term "angels" whilst delineating an astrology chart - and I highly doubt I ever will.