indian astrology

ian wood

seens to be a lot of hostility to vedic astrology from established astrologers i can understand that although it saddens me. vedic like western doesnt need to be complicated ,with both systems their can be too much esoteric terminology , a whole list of meaningless terms instead of simple clear advice and information. i was expert western astrologer 20 years ago and gave insight to many people however it did not seem to help with understanding my practical life situation i have studied for many years and now i am clearer i learnt a lot from western about my inner psyche but their came a point when i needed a more down to earth method .vedic has done this and more it has connected me to the stars and my spiritual self all this without worshiping any gods i am not against mantras it just isnt my thing

the most challenging thing 4 western astrologers is that the western zodiac is not a zodiac of stars or indeed constellations but a projected zodiac the only star influence that is taken into account being the sun .best not to talk or think about this less it creates doubt because of the money thing which is a magical spell to control people .many people are practising astrology with no real insight or love for the subject this creates competitivity instead of cooperation again that is just not my thing id rather say nothing as nothing contains more truth than an argument thanks for listening i have withdrawn my offer as it seems to be dissaproved of
[Moderator note - thread moved here, as discusses Indian Astrology.]

Last edited:

Seaoglass

Hello...I am not familiar with Vedic Astrology, however, it seems to pop up more frequently when searching for health related astrology questions, so it has sparked my interest. I am wanting to know if you have any recommendations on where to start learning about Vedic astrology. Admittedly, I am somewhat of a novice to Western Astrology and am still learning, so not sure if I will become more confused, but mainly I want to know the basics of Indian Astro. Sorry, I realize this is not a direct reply to your post, but you seem to have some general knowledge and I thought I would ask. Thank you!

Virinchi

people learning astrology to make quick money --- its all over the world.
i saw a guy who wanted to go to USA and since one of his friend advised , he asked me to suggest few books from which he can learn astrology within 2-3 months, as he wants to earn quick money from it.
after years of research i still feel i dont know much and this guy wanted a masters degree in 2 months

vedic astro is not based on planets we see with telescopes.
their exact position is never taken into account
this is the diff between western and eastern

ian wood

hello i started learning vedic from the book indian astrology for the modern western astrologer by james braha hope u can find it also komilla sutton seems to connect the two systems well try her books she is a prominent astrologer good luck

ian wood

vedic astrology may not take the outer planets into account but i do ,if they are relevant to the enquiry .they affect the imagination tremendously and can create mental\emotional difficulties . i have noticed some modern indian astrologers using them .my simple basic vedic astrology program includes correct positions 4 uran nept plut . u seem to be suggesting this is the only difference the use of ancient lunar zodiac of 27 constellations (the nakshatras ) itself is a major difference

ian wood

hello hermetic ihave tried to reply to your private message but seem to have failed as i am new to all this havent a clue how to reoly to private message which ambiguous term do i press and in what sequence help! better still can we chat in some none complicated way

Last edited:

Virinchi

No
am not talking about uranus, neptune, pluto
many people who follow vedic also doesnt know that jupiter u see with telescope is same jupiter in western chart. but in vedic its not same jupiter
similarly other planets

ian wood

sorry i dont understand you but it sounds interesting the system i study apparently uses the same planets in the same portion of the sky i manage to make this simple system serve me i am open to new ideas please elaborate as i cant quite grasp what you are teaching me

Virinchi

the basic difference is sayana (used in western) and nirayana(which is sayana - ayanamsa) used in vedic
if you can understand why this difference exists and how planets are casted differently in both methods, then may be..

ian wood

sorry this esoteric terms mean nothing i think we will be unnable to communicate on this although i suspect we see the same thing and describe it in different way thanks 4 trying

CurtisSWN

One good way to learn Vedic astrology is to see it in practice with current figures. I recently wrote an article describing the chart of new US Supremre Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor; the article is written for beginners.

Check it out on my site, address is in my sig.

Curtis