Why No Cardinal? isnt first house Cardinal?

Luney

Hi Astro Peeps!
Just doing a written chart with all the info and I've come to a Big? What The?
Now , I know I have no Air, But now I look at my chart and I have no Cardinal.
I thought the 4 Cardinals were 1, 4, 7, 10.

If you look at my chart I have below my Ascendant, Mercury & Moon which I would have considered 1st house/ Cardinal./Angular.
Is it because of the late Ascending sign? (28 degree Scorpio)? that shouldn't matter as my mercury is 29 degree Scorpio
Sagittarius is the second house cusp, intercepted in the 1st house. (Moon in Sagittarius 6 degree) 1st house. the chart says Mutable, which makes it 2nd house..
Must be a simple explanation... can anyone please help clarify for me please.
Very Much appreciated..
Luney:andy:

Attachments

• Luney Natal Sydney.jpg
    Luney Natal Sydney.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 33
Yes, you have no cardinal energy in your chart because you have no planets in cardinal signs, there's no mistake here. Cardinal is a term used to describe signs, angular is a term used to describe houses. There two terms don't have anything in common, although for some reason some astrologers tend to see them as well-it's-kind-of-the-same-isn't-it. If some site or software tells you that cardinal and angular are the same thing, definitely switch to something else. :smile:

Luney

Cheers for explaining that..:cool:
Always wondered why I struggled with completing things, yet I am so passionate about things, and then.. I give it up.. It seems out of reach, or I'm not deserving of the End result.
No matter what chart type I use, of course, te result is still no Cardinal.
So what CARDINAL MEANS IS , THE PLANET HAS TO BE IN CARDINAL SIGN NOT HOUSED IN ONE.
Dam, I'm exhausted....I crave these things... Its like sewing seeds in the wind....
No Air , No cardinal.. I wonder if progressions change that a bit, as I'm progressed Capricorn, With(Saturn Square Saturn ) at the moment and I feel like I have to do something now I'm passionate about and finish it.
I do have a Reiki Masters Degree, but I don't feel I'm good enough to work it, and too fearful to but myself out there and advertise.
I hate 12th house placements.. so oppressive... :cry:

Cheers for explaining that..:cool:
Always wondered why I struggled with completing things, yet I am so passionate about things, and then.. I give it up.. It seems out of reach, or I'm not deserving of the End result.
No matter what chart type I use, of course, te result is still no Cardinal.
So what CARDINAL MEANS IS , THE PLANET HAS TO BE IN CARDINAL SIGN NOT HOUSED IN ONE.
Dam, I'm exhausted....I crave these things... Its like sewing seeds in the wind....
No Air , No cardinal.. I wonder if progressions change that a bit, as I'm progressed Capricorn, With(Saturn Square Saturn ) at the moment and I feel like I have to do something now I'm passionate about and finish it.
I do have a Reiki Masters Degree, but I don't feel I'm good enough to work it, and too fearful to but myself out there and advertise.
I hate 12th house placements.. so oppressive... :cry:

Hmm, interesting, you have a lot of fixed energy in your chart (mainly Scorpio) and fixed energy should be good for accomplishing things, though not always good for starting them. Well, I understand your longing for cardinal energy but, you know, it’s not the most necessary thing to achieve success and satisfaction in life. I believe it’s very possible to be happy with your chart. :joyful:

I also wonder about the usefulness of progressions so I can’t really comment on that. But I think they should color your life differently as you get older and work in connection with your natal placements. To be honest, I like Solar Arcs more than secondary progressions, so you can try them. If you’re feeling passionate about things you love right now, then definitely stream this energy and make use of it while you’re still at it! :happy: No need to think of yourself as not “good enough” and to fear failure. You don’t know if you’ll fail if you don’t try and if you don’t try, well, you lose time... Reiki seems to be a very interesting thing, so good luck with that if you decide to go for it! :wink:

Actually using whole signs you don’t have any planets in the 12th house. I’ve used Placidus since the beginning but starting to switch to whole signs (though I see that you use Regiomontanus). All your Scorpio planets move to the 1st house this way (provided that your birth time is correct and you’re Scorpio ascendant). It’s also interesting that this way you have Jupiter in the 10th house, which is very dignified by being in its own terms, in sect and not only that, but also in Hayz (a very dignifying condition). I wonder how you’re generally doing in terms of your career?

Vyri

Banned
Houses = the Stage setting.

Sign = the garb and attitude you bring to the stage, the scripts expression of delivery, flavor of impact, a message of import from what ever house it naturally lords over or rules. To some extent the house activities of a sign is carried to the house it is displaced upon, because the sign has specific knowledge of its natural placement; it is an attitude or colour that will accomplish or play a differing understanding or point of view or interpretation to the activities of that house. The signs natural house and its ventures or associations or department of life it represents, give meaningfulness to its new abode.

Aspects between the lords/ambassadors of domain (energies that accomplish activity represented of the planets intermingling capabilities= hue or attitude)

Planets are people of province=energies that reflect house purpose - subject matters of domain (Fixed estates=Queens Kings rulerships if you may); they bring the message of their signs intentions, and how the player's (ambassadors-delegates) represent or will interact with successful eventuation (trines, sextiles=amicability=accomplishment, or friction (squares-oppositions) to purpose; a sort of 'steel against steel' as proofing, etc.

Ex: Mars in Scorpio in the first house relates to physical Mars/Aries personality, and body type, expression, the type of male or affectionate nature in a mate one will express. Scorpio on the 1st also carries an attitude of mystery and deep wisdom on inner levels of subconsciousness; the hidden tenants of the 8th house; a deep psychic awareness of 8th house matters.:ninja:

Mars types are attracted to the individual with Mars in Scorpio in the 1st house and perhaps under the personal rule or influence of the Scorpio Mars 1st house individual bc of the dominating rule Mars represents; a potentially dignified expression back in his own sign.
Venus Libra on the 1st house will temper the Mars attitude, or energy of life force house. The interaction of Mars with Venus is very enlightening; explaining the interaction or exchange the two will purpose or promise of the life force= Aries/Mars representation of the 1st house.

:sleeping:
All the best
Vyri

Last edited:

Luney

Hmm, interesting, you have a lot of fixed energy in your chart (mainly Scorpio) and fixed energy should be good for accomplishing things, though not always good for starting them. Well, I understand your longing for cardinal energy but, you know, it’s not the most necessary thing to achieve success and satisfaction in life. I believe it’s very possible to be happy with your chart. :joyful:

I also wonder about the usefulness of progressions so I can’t really comment on that. But I think they should color your life differently as you get older and work in connection with your natal placements. To be honest, I like Solar Arcs more than secondary progressions, so you can try them. If you’re feeling passionate about things you love right now, then definitely stream this energy and make use of it while you’re still at it! :happy: No need to think of yourself as not “good enough” and to fear failure. You don’t know if you’ll fail if you don’t try and if you don’t try, well, you lose time... Reiki seems to be a very interesting thing, so good luck with that if you decide to go for it! :wink:

Actually using whole signs you don’t have any planets in the 12th house. I’ve used Placidus since the beginning but starting to switch to whole signs (though I see that you use Regiomontanus). All your Scorpio planets move to the 1st house this way (provided that your birth time is correct and you’re Scorpio ascendant). It’s also interesting that this way you have Jupiter in the 10th house, which is very dignified by being in its own terms, in sect and not only that, but also in Hayz (a very dignifying condition). I wonder how you’re generally doing in terms of your career?

Cheers! I've had time to read a bit on lack of this and that due to lack of understanding houses..I had an understanding, that what you lack in your elements you crave.
I've been told to do a natural chart earlier from a well respected member.. and when I did, my perception changed after reading those 1st house influences, right now , is just a state of mind, negative thinking. I have read both Placidius and natural house and can relate to both.. BUT AS MY MUM SAID .. I underestimate what I've achieved. I've always been a go getter, completed many courses. Mum just brought me up 2 books she had on Astrology from 37 years ago. So there's something I've always been passionate about.! I self tought myself Music, played in a band for several years, travelled, had 4 kids , lived in over 100 destinations, had over 100 jobs. So, no I don't lack anything really. Money hasnt always come to me easy ,I've worked hard, been lucky in getting work. but I'm not wealthy, but not struggling. I'm off to Bali tomorrow with $1,000,000 Rupiah ..haha..
When my Saturn moves from 5th to 6th house((natural chart). That I can relate to both. I've had heaps of trouble with my kids , and health. My back, lungs, anxiety. So as Vyri is saying, both colour my whole self as who I am and my experiences. I'm 50 now, and have a deep inner urge to feel content about my soul purpose . My kids and health, (saturn ) restrained me from just going for Gold. I have 4 strong squares pushing me now , and I feel confident in reading my natural chart, it really does resemble. " the true Me". So thankyou. ( I need to know myself before I can read for others, which is now , my passionate goal. As for Reiki, my energy and self confidence will reveal itself it the right time. My son starts school next year, so I can start doing things that will fulfill my passionate Mars Energy! :tongue: cheers Solar Flare!:biggrin:

Luney

Houses = the Stage setting.

Sign = the garb and attitude you bring to the stage, the scripts expression of delivery, flavor of impact, a message of import from what ever house it naturally lords over or rules. To some extent the house activities of a sign is carried to the house it is displaced upon, because the sign has specific knowledge of its natural placement; it is an attitude or colour that will accomplish or play a differing understanding or point of view or interpretation to the activities of that house. The signs natural house and its ventures or associations or department of life it represents, give meaningfulness to its new abode.

Aspects between the lords/ambassadors of domain (energies that accomplish activity represented of the planets intermingling capabilities= hue or attitude)

Planets are people of province=energies that reflect house purpose - subject matters of domain (Fixed estates=Queens Kings rulerships if you may); they bring the message of their signs intentions, and how the player's (ambassadors-delegates) represent or will interact with successful eventuation (trines, sextiles=amicability=accomplishment, or friction (squares-oppositions) to purpose; a sort of 'steel against steel' as proofing, etc.

Ex: Mars in Scorpio in the first house relates to physical Mars/Aries personality, and body type, expression, the type of male or affectionate nature in a mate one will express. Scorpio on the 1st also carries an attitude of mystery and deep wisdom on inner levels of subconsciousness; the hidden tenants of the 8th house; a deep psychic awareness of 8th house matters.:ninja:

Mars types are attracted to the individual with Mars in Scorpio in the 1st house and perhaps under the personal rule or influence of the Scorpio Mars 1st house individual bc of the dominating rule Mars represents; a potentially dignified expression back in his own sign.
Venus Libra on the 1st house will temper the Mars attitude, or energy of life force house. The interaction of Mars with Venus is very enlightening; explaining the interaction or exchange the two will purpose or promise of the life force= Aries/Mars representation of the 1st house.

:sleeping:
All the best
Vyri

Your so poetic, I had to read this over 15 times to get the full gist of the big picture. So I understand that my first house is ruled by Mars, it's natural home and brings with it, dignity. Both houses colour my life Vyri, so true, I've had a colourful life, believe me. ! I didn't get the nick name Luney for nothing. It was actually my stage name when I use to play in a band. I got the flick from the band because of jealousy. People were calling out "Luney" ..instead of other band members or the band name itself. I was the only one with roadies who carried my gear and did my sound checks and set up, so I did shine., I was a star in my own right! People can ruin you over stupid things.. like , so what if I had stage presence.. ! :biggrin:

JUPITERASC

Both houses colour my life Vyri, so true
I've had a colourful life, believe me. !
I didn't get the nick name Luney for nothing.
It was actually my stage name when I use to play in a band.
I got the flick from the band because of jealousy.
People were calling out "Luney"
..instead of other band members or the band name itself.
"Luney" is linked to and associated with the Moon :smile:
and your natal Moon is so very close to the Ascendant
that it is possible you are in fact a SAGITTARIUS Ascendant
with MOON rising in SAGITTARIUS
because
times of birth are notoriously unreliable
due to being noted AFTER the event
the medical team are focused on health and safety of mother and newborn
and not on precise time of birth
so the vast majority of official times of birth are "out"
by at least fifteen minutes - often more

I was the only one with roadies who carried my gear
and did my sound checks and set up, so I did shine.,
I was a star in my own right!
People can ruin you over stupid things
.. like , so what if I had stage presence.. ! :biggrin:

JUPITERASC

Your so poetic, I had to read this over 15 times to get the full gist of the big picture.
So I understand that my first house is ruled by Mars,
it's natural home and brings with it, dignity.
BUT
Not everyones 1st House is ruled by Mars
and so
the idea that 1st house "natural ruler" is Mars irrespective of the SIGN on 1st House
is not universally subscribed to but is a matter of opinion

MARS has two "homes" i.e. Aries and Scorpio :smile:
Any planet in domicile aka "at home" is dignified
and
so
in this case
first house being ruled by Scorpio Mars
does not mean your natal Mars is particularly "dignified"

that's because
your natal Mars is LOCATED in VIRGO in 11th House
IF your natal Mars had been in Scorpio AND in 1st house
THEN
your natal Mars would have been stronger

that's because planetary HOUSE LOCATION is important
i.e.
!st House is ANGULAR
and Angular Houses are strong
So because your natal Mars is not actually located in 1st house
and only RULES the SIGN on the 1st House
and is in fact in 11th house in VIRGO
is the crucial factor

keep in mind that
The houses are not all equal in strength and power.

If a planet is located in an ANGULAR house
it is much more forceful in its effects
than it would be in a cadent house for example.

houses are defined as angular = 1st, 4th, 7th & 10th
succeedent = 2nd, 5th, 8th, & 11th
and cadent = 3rd, 6th, 9th & 12th
as shown in the diagram below.

ang.gif

Vyri

Banned
Jup

1st house of 'personality' Aries is the reference here, with Mars as instrument to achieve by his diverse placement in another sign(s)/realm(s)/house(s) in the natal map as well the progressed map, his intention as the host of Prima Facie.

He is lord or ambassador of the personal expression (physical energy) and the sign he tenants describes how we will achieve his, our, purpose to make good the meaningfulness of his life's energy-our purpose describing our personality or 1st house intentions..yes am in agreement it is a personal choice by way of delineation rights of interpretation, but we first must consider the hierarchies of the signs-the belt along the equator, the constellation's, that move approx. 1 minute every 72 years as first considerations to intentions of mortal appearance and destiny. The visiting signs going to other realms in the zodiac qualify the master's intentions, or kingdoms rights pertaining first to the natural order they beset in the heavens.

All the best
Vyri

JUPITERASC

Jup

1st house of 'personality' Aries is the reference here, with Mars as instrument to achieve by his diverse placement in another sign(s)/realm(s)/house(s) in the natal map as well the progressed map, his intention as the host of Prima Facie.

He is lord or ambassador of the personal expression (physical energy) and the sign he tenants describes how we will achieve his, our, purpose to make good the meaningfulness of his life's energy-our purpose describing our personality or 1st house intentions..yes am in agreement it is a personal choice by way of delineation rights of interpretation, but we first must consider the hierarchies of the signs-the belt along the equator, the constellation's, that move approx. 1 minute every 72 years as first considerations to intentions of mortal appearance and destiny. The visiting signs going to other realms in the zodiac qualify the master's intentions, or kingdoms rights pertaining first to the natural order they beset in the heavens.

All the best
Vyri
Interesting highlight by tsmall on this perennial discussion :smile:

So, at some point (?)
perhaps due to the "new year" being celebrated in the Spring
Aries was deemed the "natural" first house...yet that still doesn't make sense to me.
Again going back to the idea that the Moon represents the body
the first house of a natal chart, the original horoscope
contains the ASC...the physical body.
Moon then as "natural" ruler of the 1st seems to be a more appropriate significator.
attachment.php

For those who are unfamiliar with it
the Thema is mythically considered the chart of the world
and literally was historically used as a teaching tool for astrologers.
In it you can find the reasons for the domicile rulers, the exaltations, the planetary joys
the nature of the aspects, sect...on and on it goes.

This pdf is a good starting point for understanding

http://www.azastrologers.org/Articles/NoblehorseThemaMundi.pdf

So, let's consider.
Especially if Cancer rises in the Thema
that would make Cancer the real "natural" first house, ruled by the Moon
and when we think of people...how we evolved out of the sea (water)
how we have always considered the Moon as the mother
...this makes sense to me.
Leo as the natural second house?
What does the second signify?
The resources that support the body (ASC/1st?)
Further, ancient astrology considered that the Moon did represent the body
...again this makes sense if cancer rises.

Luney

"Luney" is linked to and associated with the Moon :smile:
and your natal Moon is so very close to the Ascendant
that it is possible you are in fact a SAGITTARIUS Ascendant
with MOON rising in SAGITTARIUS
because
times of birth are notoriously unreliable
due to being noted AFTER the event
the medical team are focused on health and safety of mother and newborn
and not on precise time of birth
so the vast majority of official times of birth are "out"
by at least fifteen minutes - often more

Cheers for this, really helpful . I won't look into my chart till I get Kannon to do my rectification. Then I can be more confident in posting questions on my chart.
. Mum says I could have been born earlier ,due to me coming out bum first, so it would have taken a while before they wrote the time after all the screaming, riff-
raff I caused at the birth scene.. which still sends the Scorpio Acendant back a few degree.. let's wait till I get this rectifation, then I'll be able to be confident in asking these questions! I think I was thinking by term that mars would rule the first being in the late degree..Cheers JUPITERASC :cool:

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Cheers for this, really helpful .
I won't look into my chart till I get Kannon to do my rectification.
Then I can be more confident in posting questions on my chart.
Mum says I could have been born earlier ,
due to me coming out bum first,
so it would have taken a while before they wrote the time after all the screaming,
riff-
raff I caused at the birth scene..
which still sends the Scorpio Acendant back a few degree..
let's wait till I get this rectifation,
then I'll be able to be confident in asking these questions!
I think I was thinking by term that mars would rule the first
being in the late degree..Cheers JUPITERASC :cool:
IF 1st house IS Scorpio, then Mars certainly rules 1st House :smile:

According to Richard Vetter '.....Adjusting birth time by several hours
(not an unusual practice)
is an absurdity.
The thorough, imaginative rectifier
tends to construct adventurous theories about the process of certification.
Parents/relatives sometimes assist in producing such fantasies:
the longer the period of adjustment,
the more colorful are the myths
that get built around the circumstances of the birth....' Richard Vetter

Esteemed astrologer Robert Hand offers a natal chart rectification service
and states clearly:

'....It is critical to have the time of birth :smile:
If you do not know the exact time of your birth
or it was not recorded
we can rectify the time for an additional fee
however
rectification methods
are not as accurate and reliable
as some may believe
.....'
Robert Hand
http://www.arhatmedia.com/consultations.html

'......Never take your rectification too seriously.
No matter how good it is.
No matter how compelling the evidence appears.
It is still speculative :smile:
And most of all, never attempt to pass off a rectified chart as a verified birth time.
This is one of the cardinal sins of astrology,
that astrologers would be excommunicated for
IF the astrological community was some sort of an organized religion
or cult
.....' http://horoscopicastrologyblog.com/2...rectification/

Rectification Tips - Verifying Ascendant/Descendant/MC/IC angles
discussion thread at
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51626

The multiple RECTIFICATION techniques which are linked to in this thread include
detailed instructions on precisely how to calculate the pre-natal Epoch Rectification Method which may be viewed FOR FREE at
http://www.rosicrucian.com/zineen/pamen034.htm
all these techniques have the purpose of determining/establishing the Ascendant

clearly

The Ascendant demarcates the time of birth

Ascendant
via ruling sign and other considerations
describes

'.....Life, vitality and health
as well as
Stature, colour, complexion, form and shape of body :smile:
Older sources note its influence upon the intellect, the way the mind works, and speech.

In general, the first house represents the focal point for the personality and manner of expression.
As well as describing the physical appearance,
the condition of this house and that of its planetary ruler
indicates the level of personal vitality and strength'....
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h1.html

There are as many ideas on Chart Rectification as there are astrologers
and it is entirely reasonable for each astrologer to have their own opinions
as to WHICH is the rectified ascendant
so get at least two professional opinions
then compare and contrast

http://www.martingansten.com/btr.php

JUPITERASC

THE CRAFT OF CHART RECTIFICATION :smile:
http://www.forrestastrology.com/reso...-rectification
....A Landmark Study in Chart Rectification A Rectification Manual: The American Presidency
presents the first synthesis of medieval astrology’s predictive techniques applied to natal chart rectification.
For too many years, an incomplete predictive model has hampered efforts by astrologers to compute an accurate birth time.
With no consensus on rectification methods, rectified birth times are commonly held in such disrepute they rank on par with dirty data, as defined by Astrodatabank, a leading astrology database vendor....'

'....With the recovery of medieval predictive techniques,
the era of disenchantment over rectification is now over.
Not just Transits, Progressions, and Solar Arcs;
but Fidaria,
Directing by Triplicity,
the Moon’s aspects,
Directing through the Bounds,
Primary Directions,
Profections,
and Solar Return aspects to natal Arabic Parts
fill out a complete predictive toolbox.
For the first time, proper attribution between life events and corresponding predictive methods is now possible;
making accurate rectification an achievable feat.....'

'.....The fruits of a multi-year research project include:

• Solution to the infamous primary direction latitude problem with the discovery of the Primary Direction Sequence, the new Holy Grail of chart rectification.
  • Confirmation of the validity of Egyptian bounds (no Ptolemy bound rulers!)
  • Support for a distinct Part of Fortune calculation for nocturnal charts (Ptolemy’s day-only formula for night births is rejected!)
  • Rectified to-the-second birth times for each American President.
  • Preliminary rectified birth times for each First Lady.....'
A Rectification Manual is the largest collection of natal charts subjected to medieval predictive techniques available in today’s marketplace and includes a pdf of a sample rectification from the book http://regulus-astrology.com/A%20Rec...%20Example.pdf

JUPITERASC

HOW TO RECTIFY A BIRTH CHART http://www.chrisbrennanastrologer.co...chart-lecture/

'......Rectification is a process to determine what time a person was born
when the birth time is either unknown or uncertain.
In this 2-hour lecture Chris Brennan presents a 9-step approach
to determining the approximate time of a person’s birth,
and especially for determining the correct rising sign and house placements
when the birth is known to have occurred in a certain part of the day....'

This approach integrates some traditional and modern techniques
in order to provide a simple but effective approach to birth chart rectification :smile:

This is a recording of a lecture that was presented to an audience in Denver, Colorado
on Saturday 12 April 2014
and it includes a brief question-and-answer session toward the end of the lecture

Two excellent books that explain much about rectification in intense detail are:

http://www.worldastrology.net/ebooks

http://www.worldastrology.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/CA-III.pdf

51F8%2BQq-A5L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

And Henry Coley wrote:

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/clavis.html

http://skyscript.co.uk/pdf/Coley_clavis_astrologiae_elimata.pdf

V73743.jpg

Very in depth for the studious!

https://www.light.org/Rectifying-the-Horoscope-SL117.cfm

http://www.astro.com/astrology/in_rectification_e.htm

http://horoscopicastrologyblog.com/2...rectification/

http://www.lightofegypt.com/home/arc...Horoscope.html

http://astrology-reading.com.au/Horo...ification.html

http://www.kamalkapoor.com/astrology...tification.asp

http://birthtime.info/html/knowledge.html

http://www.forrestastrology.com/reso...-rectification

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ead.php?t=3397

http://www.mywebastrologer.com/gemst...ification.aspx

http://heavenastrolabe.net/profectio...rectification/

http://www.aquamoonlight.co.uk/rectification.html

http://www.yournetastrologer.com/learn_astrology38.htm

Detailed discussion William Lilly CHRISTIAN ASTROLOGY rectification methods http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=822

Vyri

Banned
Sigh Jup..there are sooo many ways to reflect on the myriad historical beginnings of Astrological research..'Where to begin..where to begin?'..I guess all in all it is the way one relates personally, how a chart will resonate an answer in reference to a specific delineation process one is familiar with.

Would love to delve into the most prominent understanding of approaches of the many several different practices of the art..but alas am stuck in my ways somewhat..Will do some research tho because it is intriguing to me to learn and understand how things evolved and at what point different methods were adapted to try to create a permanency of teachings.

Take care
All the best
Vyri

'Your posts are always a source of enlightenment' on many levels..

JUPITERASC

OP focus is the question "isn't first house Cardinal"?
to which the answer is clearly:

the first house is not automatically Cardinal
it is SIGNS that are Cardinal :smile:
i.e.
SIGNS are either Cardinal, Fixed or Mutable
and
the sign on 1st house could be Fixed or Mutable - not only Cardinal

HOUSES in contrast are either Angular, Succedent or Cadent

1st house is ANGULAR not Cardinal
Angularity and Cardinality are two SEPARATE conditions of a planet

i.e.
A planet may be in one of the CARDINAL SIGNS