Will we be together?

astronewbie1

Hi Guys,

I've tried to stay away from horary for a good 6-8 months to let life flow it's natural course but I've found myself in a predicament :(

Background
We've were friends previously and over the last 6 months we've kind of developed something a little more. However, it's never been 100% clear where I stand in all of this as he seems to be a bit of commitment-phobe.
Yesterday it all came to a head for me when I needed explanations as to where this was going and basically gave the ultimatum of commit or we go back to the friend zone

So my question was will we be together (romantically) properly?

Interpretation
Looking at the chart I'm Jup and he's Merc who look to be aspecting in 5 units time (5weeks/months?) could this be a yes?
Jup is also in his 5th house - could this mean he doesn't see me as long term potential?
The separation between merc and venus could mean there was someone else in the pic or that he is solely bothered about himself.

The moon merc opposition shows my discomfort in the situation towards him.

Any help with this would be very much appreciated

Attachments

• astro_2gw_03_anonymous.65659.21471.jpg
    astro_2gw_03_anonymous.65659.21471.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 71

Salasi

There is indeed a nice aspect between the two of you. However the asc is early (can indicate a situation still in development) and saturn is in the first house (not very helpful either)... and i am not sure if venus is your co significator or it means someone else
Btw, jupiter is in his 4th in the chart uploaded

Last edited:

Salasi

Tikana, i dont know if this is a valid question. But i was wondering if venus would signify another woman, could it be that the querent jupiter would act as a collector of light between the quesited and the other woman?

tikana

Tikana, i dont know if this is a valid question. But i was wondering if venus would signify another woman, could it be that the querent jupiter would act as a collector of light between the quesited and the other woman?

Naaaw i m outruling that

breeze

I do not think there will be a relationship.

Planets in the 8th. Do not function i.e. They lack ability of acting.

Plus, Moon is at the detriement of Sun

astronewbie1

Ah ok so this is because he's in the 8th, he's unable to act.

But the aspect between merc and jup means he's moving towards me? Or is that irrelevant in this chart?

Bunraku

but...
Mercury is fixed in 8th/succedent

Wouldn’t the timing be in years? like 5 years...lol
or 5 months? 5 weeks? doesn’t make sense.

Bunraku

Vyri,

I was pitching in to Breeze’s idea, that the planets in such a house are rendered inert. So I added an idea that I thought was interesting.

In hellenistic astrology, the 8th house was called the idle place. It gives a picture that the planets here aren’t really doing anything (or can’t). Valens states that “...Benefics appearing in this place are ineffectual and weak, and they do not bestow their proper benefits.” He describes that planets situated here are ineffective and prone to misfortune, except for a waxing Moon which he thought rejoices in the house.

Though, I don’t know if this is applicable to horary. Just thought it was interesting lol.

Last edited:

Bunraku

Maternus (added just as another source) states that the...
[the 8th house]... is, however, a passive house, since it is
not in aspect to the ascendant. From this house is discovered the kind of
death. But it is necessary for us to know that no planet rejoices in this
house except the Moon, and then only in nocturnal charts....

astronewbie1

Thank you all for your feedback!

There are very different views here, I guess only time will tell. I'll update if there are any developments.

Deirdre

I'm learning for myself but you.re Jupiter placed in his 4th so I guess he's thinking of u as a long term potential partner.

he is mercury placed in 8th so his 2nd. I don't know if that makes him concerned about finances yours and his?

indeed there is a sextile between u both by my question is.

- according to lilith he took Venus and sun as co rulers of eoman/man when asking about marriage specifically.

my question is Venus is placed in his 1st so he is definitely thinking of a woman. But is Venus you?

I dont know and hope someone helps on this. Because before you both aspect mercury aspects this Venus.

breeze

As said previously, although Mercury sextile Jupiter, no relationship. I expreinced this in my own chart.

Deborah Houlding ( skyscript ) said in one of her posts: "Unfortunately I've never seen a succesful and happy outcome to a horary where the Moon or a main significator is located in the 8th house. Either what is asked about won't happen, or if it does happen it will lead to despair."

Also, Moon's last aspect is sextile Saturn. Despair.