Insomnia\Depression\Anxiety?

stainedBlue

Jorge, you don't mention whether these symptoms - anxiety/depression/insomnia - have appeared lately, or have escalated over time. This may give some idea about whether they are purely emotional/psychological, or whether there may be another factor at play here - such as some kind of environmental toxicity. I know from personal experience that the symptoms you mention can be heightened by high levels of heavy metals - such as mercury, or even copper - in your body. Sensitive people such as yourself can have difficulty in metabolising these metals, where most people's bodies deal with them with no trouble at all. A test of your hair can identify any toxins in your system.........(blood tests, unfortunately, are not terribly accurate.)

I agree, and add that EMF radiation could explain all three symptoms as well. Do you have much technology in your room that stays plugged in to an outlet? Even an alarm clock beside the bed can effect those sensitive enough. Lamps will also emit EMF, even when not on but still plugged in.

R4VEN

miquar said:
Moon Neptune often reflects an unavailable mother, and if the mother is depressed she is hardly going to be fully emotionally engaged. I have personally known cases where this aspect manifested in this way.
Whilst normally I resist entering into side-conversations on a thread, I just wanted to comment upon this Moon-Neptune thing. Moon-Neptune hard aspects - square, conjunction, opposition (but more likely in the conjunction & square) - can behave like a Moon in Pisces, which almost invariably describes the `unavailable' mother, where `unavailable' can mean depressed, addicted, distracted, overly busy/pre-occupied...........there are many variations on the term `unavailable'. It's just that the saddened/depressed/unfulfilled mother is the most common. When this is the case in the mother, over time this `condition' may surface in the child with the Moon-Neptune harsh aspect. This is because a Moon-Neptune harsh aspect renders the native very very sensitive, with poor personal boundaries, especially in relation to their mothers, and even people who become `mother' in their lives.............like girlfriends, bff, wives, female bosses, just to name a few.

The likelihood of this being the case multiplies when the Moon is in a water sign.

Last edited:

stainedBlue

stainedBlue:

I have my laptop... my old cellphone... do you think these could affect me? Lol.

Depends on exposure time. Cellphones in particular, in my opinion, have a negative effect on people when used a lot. There is considerable debate on the issue, so I suggest looking at both sides. At the very least, look into EMF radiation. I suffered from the same symptoms for a long time, and found that unplugging everything in my room at night helped significantly. There were other contributing factors to my problems I must say, but EMF was involved.

iself,
r4ven has made some very valid astrological comments for which I hope you analyse properly. I am using the current mercury retrograde period to expand on quincunxs....

Sometimes these quincunxs are obvious and recognised in personality, other times it can take a lot of self examination to identify with the planets energies and of course they (like all aspects) don't operate 100% of the time, they are simply a facet of your personality. Some say they cause health issues that are unresolved, underlying, dormant waiting to be triggered....some say you stay at one end, to the detriment of the other, OR end up see-sawing between the two until you learn balance, integration of two unlikely pairings

Moon in cancer (like all water moons) can be very sensitive and moody. Cancer is very strongly attached to mothers and family, shrewd in business and good with money (usually) but when hard aspects are involved it may take more effort and work to hang onto them.. Water moons work on 'feeling level' intuition is more pronounced, gut instincts usually guide them.

Now mix in mercury in aquarius,(10th house Equal house) which has nothing in common with cancer moon. Aquarius is logic, humanitarian, stubborn, altruistic. As mercury is ruled by Uranus which also has an opposition to moon, this may well affect your nervous system. then we look at the houses involved, 4th & 10th parental houses and work/career. so mercury is rather concerned with status, work, and what you become known for V family matters, home roots. Now moon takes on 'more importance' at it's handle for bucket chart. this means that *emotions, intuitions, nurturing* is at the centre of your world/chart. So everything has to channeled via moon and logical mercury and everything else for that matter has to make sense and resonate with emotions.... do you see how this work?

Your chart has a Sun Saturn Pluto Ascendant pattern that has been very stressed, maybe by a domineering authority figure who tells you that you are worthless and won't ever be anything.

Neptune has been transitting these, which would have been stressful. Also the very slow moving Isis/Transpluto. These transits are over now, and things should improve for you. Neptune is moving into Pisces and Transpluto into Virgo, away from the stress they have been causing you.

virgo18

Well, I have seen this people with insomnia and they have strong Mercury and Uranus in their charts.
Those are planets that push people to stay in motion and energetic. As well as Mars. Uranus rules energy (electricity, etc) we all have this energy in our bodies, and in your case this particular planet is activating your Moon and Mars. Emotions and Impulsiveness. That's why I can see why you have insomnia.
Not in all depression cases insomnia is present. Many people suffer it just because they have large amounts of energy that sometimes the body can manage because its a lot!
Mars conjunct Uranus gives energy when is not necessarily needed, at hours and moments that is not adequate to use large amounts of energy. (But that is the nature of that aspect)
Moon square Uranus means that your emotions are up and down, high and low, black and white, and they use to change more constantly than a (moon-pluto) which is not your case, because you have a trine.
Moon opposition Mars "typical insomnia aspect" I have seen it in charts of people who are very anxious. This can also push you to be a hotheaded person.
The moon is also challenged by Neptune and she has a trine with Pluto.
First of all: You have to ignore the mood swings of your mother (If she is with you) Maybe the type of relationship you experience with her is affecting you at some point. You should know that those are problems of her and not yours.

Your mercury is quite strong in Aquarius and in the 11th, just with a square to Jupiter and Pluto. I bet you are the kind of person who can't stop thinking a lot at nights. You may rest you mind also when you try to sleep.

Your Moon is also quite strong by sign and position, and not considering the bad aspects she receive. Cancer is an emotional sign, who is prone to depression as well as Capricorn, its opposite. And all this makes sense because you are also very Saturnine by the Aquarian way.

If you believe in alternative medicine or remedies, I recommend you to use aromatherapy, relaxing music, try to keep your mind clear of thoughts. You may also try Saint Johns Wort pills.
If you don't believe in naturist medicine, well then you should go with a doctor and take some synthetic.

All this aspects I am telling you affect the chemicals of your body, the you should do something to balance them. I recommend you to use natural medicine than synthetic.

Last edited:

Rebel Uranian

Insomnia is caused by hard aspects from dry disruptive planets (Mercury and Mars for sure, possibly Saturn and all the new outer dry planets but I haven't done enough tests) to the Moon. Anxiety and depression are, well, saturnine, although the symptoms are similar to sleep deprivation which isn't saturnine as far as I know. I don't think the Moon/Mercury aspect has much influence since disjunction generally happens in adverse signs and I consider it a dissonant aspect. Dissonance = musical harmony that is neither major (astrology: harmonious) nor minor (astrology: tense.) Your Moon is in sect but not period and it's conjunct an angle so blindly I'd say it's pretty strong, but a little weaker due to being in the 3rd house. I have no idea what to say about how to handle your Moon right now...

Last edited: