How do we know what the planets represent?

Lykanized

I've been wondering for a long time actually, but I never knew exactly how to pose the question. How do we know what the various planets represent and what their energies are? Was this information channeled by a Shaman or powerful psychic or multiple individuals of the sort?

I admit I don't know the origin, but I like to go to the core of things and I'd love to also understand why the various signs are said to be ruled by a specific planet or planets

ardentika

Great topic! I've been wondering myself that a lot which often leads me to not trust each interpretation I read because it doesn't ring true.

I believe people gathered that information with a lot of research, not only channeled. Interviews with chart owners, applying meanins and fitting them in. I don't believe in one outcome or one energy that manifests for all. They all hit us in a pesonal way, so it's best to know what each planet represents.

Altho I'm not sure how they assigned the gods to the planets and from there the meanings expanded.

Lykanized

Great topic! I've been wondering myself that a lot which often leads me to not trust each interpretation I read because it doesn't ring true.

I believe people gathered that information with a lot of research, not only channeled. Interviews with chart owners, applying meanins and fitting them in. I don't believe in one outcome or one energy that manifests for all. They all hit us in a pesonal way, so it's best to know what each planet represents.

Altho I'm not sure how they assigned the gods to the planets and from there the meanings expanded.
I don't know why this only occurred to me today as something to delve into, but it's been at the back of my mind for so long. So understand this, I'll probably have to buy a lot of books, find websites possibly sequestered in dark corners of the web. I can see clearly that there are things that make sense, that planetary energy is real, but I'm wondering why and how people discovered it. It's fascinating

My intuition is that much of it may have been channeled. I know astrology has been around for hundreds of years so getting to the sources is gonna be a toughy

I suppose I have questions about the elements too and the modes. It has an elegance to it and a symmetry, but how and why?

A lot of sources are available these days on astrology, but they go to the 'what' and I'm just wondering and wondering what goes on behind the whats

My intuition tells me that the planets are more important than the signs too. Not that the signs are necessarily completely irrelevant, but it would seem that understanding signs is about understanding planets. But how we come to understand the planets on such an intangible level is baffling and so intriguing

ardentika

I don't think one is more important than the other. If we had no signs there would be no translation of energy and.. well no astrology :b

I see the planet as the drive. We upload karma on each planet and then we download it through transits. And depending on the sign it is in, we reap different sorts of karmic lessons and achievements. It's all one huge quantum clock, that is carefully programmed to thick and trigger events for the sake of growing and learning.
Signs act like the lense the energy goes through. It's like a filter. It has a specific vibration on its own to deliver the energy of the planet.

That's why one cannot forecast what a certain transit will bring, because it will manifest in a way we need it. And everyone needs it in a different way.

Also there is something called the collective consciousness, that play a huge role in things like divination and astrology in particular.

Traditional astrology is a bit more simple minded and tends to accepts everything it hears and takes it for granted, while modern astrology goes in the deeper psychological nature of our souls and minds. Hence why modern astrology uses Pluto, Uranus and Neptune. They are insanely spiritual and evolved planets. And not everyone can resonate with them because they are just on SUCH a high level from our consciousness. But that's what we included them, to inspire even more growth in our selves and on our path.

And as I said, I believe the meaning we attach to something, becomes true. So if one day someone decides to assign Saturn for the most benefic planet, and enough people truly believe in that, it WILL happen. The collective consciousness is by far stronger than anything else we know. Stronger than astrology itself.

Lykanized

I don't think one is more important than the other. If we had no signs there would be no translation of energy and.. well no astrology :b

I see the planet as the drive. We upload karma on each planet and then we download it through transits. And depending on the sign it is in, we reap different sorts of karmic lessons and achievements. It's all one huge quantum clock, that is carefully programmed to thick and trigger events for the sake of growing and learning.
Signs act like the lense the energy goes through. It's like a filter. It has a specific vibration on its own to deliver the energy of the planet.

That's why one cannot forecast what a certain transit will bring, because it will manifest in a way we need it. And everyone needs it in a different way.

Also there is something called the collective consciousness, that play a huge role in things like divination and astrology in particular.

Traditional astrology is a bit more simple minded and tends to accepts everything it hears and takes it for granted, while modern astrology goes in the deeper psychological nature of our souls and minds. Hence why modern astrology uses Pluto, Uranus and Neptune. They are insanely spiritual and evolved planets. And not everyone can resonate with them because they are just on SUCH a high level from our consciousness. But that's what we included them, to inspire even more growth in our selves and on our path.

And as I said, I believe the meaning we attach to something, becomes true. So if one day someone decides to assign Saturn for the most benefic planet, and enough people truly believe in that, it WILL happen. The collective consciousness is by far stronger than anything else we know. Stronger than astrology itself.
Interesting... I'm gonna focus on the collective consciousness part as I've been thinking a lot about our collective consciousness and I believe what you do, that it's extremely powerful. In fact, I think it's powerful enough to start a massive hurricane or to stop one. And I believe too that the relevance of astrology is spiritual and has to do with growth

I also believe that we have the power to create reality

So do you believe that planetary energy goes down solely to us? Us collectively and as individuals? Oddly enough, I resonate heavily with Pluto, Uranus, and Neptune, actually a lot more so than I do other planets

I apologize if I'm not understanding what you're trying to say, but I'm interested and wanna hear more of what you have to say because what you're saying resonates with me a lot more than anything else I've read about astrology. I don't like looking at things in terms of there being one strict interpretation. I believe everything is personal and everyone has their own individual universe and journey even though we are intimately connected through our consciousness

ardentika

Yes! Everything you said is true, I'm glad also you resonate. ^^

I think we gotta have a morr flexible.. rounded perspective. Many times when I go on birds eye view I see nothing goes without the other. The collective consciousness does have the power to create, however it needs shaping, clearing, detoxing and strengthening.

It's egoic to think we are the most intelligent, however we get what we need. And we need thr challenging apsects and planets.

I don't also think we chose with which planets and positions to get born. I believe they act as filter and show our soul growth prior to coming to Earth. If you are a fresh new born soul you will definitely have mostly "easy" positions and predominant sextiles and trines.

A bit older souls get born with a bit more "difficult " aspects. That is because the soul itself CAN take the challenge and overcome it. No challenge is given to us that we cannot overcome. It means someone somewhete has faith in us and that's mostly our higher selves or us.

Also I don't think Pluto, Uranus and Neptune should be personal sign planets. I think they should be collective planets. Yes, maybe Scorpio, Pisces and Aqua have easier time connecting to the higher realms, but everyone can really.

I think astrology takes a very toxic turn when it tries to interpret, especially relational astrology. You can simply tell someone to give up on another persom cos their synastry and composite are off. Who are we to decide whats off. When someone attracted someone in their life its for a reason. And one can see the reason with astrology.

Not to mentiom the phenomenon called twin flames, which people with lower level of consciousness cannot recognize im astrology so they would say "Run". It's always best to listen to our own intuition. Many astrologers don't have the needed wisdom to work with just anybody, so its important to find one that resomates with us as well.

For example so far no horary Ive tried has resonated or worked as said. Beats me.

Lykanized

Wouldn't it make some sense that older souls would have easier aspects and newer souls with harder aspects so that they can get the growth they need?

I remember you saying you feel I'm a young soul but I don't really feel personally I am a young soul. I have a young heart, but I'm an older soul. I know that because I know what my mission here on Earth is

However, I haven't had an easy life. I've dealt with many many emotional and mental issues and I'm only now finding some new awareness. If I look at my chart, I do have some very significant hard aspects, tho

Lykanized

Something interesting to think about..A lot of people aren't born when they're expected. I was personally born two weeks early. Had I been born when expected, I'd be right in the middle of Leo season, but instead, Leo's my 12th house and I'm a Cancer-Virgo and it fits

ardentika

Wouldn't it make some sense that older souls would have easier aspects and newer souls with harder aspects so that they can get the growth they need?

I remember you saying you feel I'm a young soul but I don't really feel personally I am a young soul. I have a young heart, but I'm an older soul. I know that because I know what my mission here on Earth is

However, I haven't had an easy life. I've dealt with many many emotional and mental issues and I'm only now finding some new awareness. If I look at my chart, I do have some very significant hard aspects, tho

Well, knowing what your mission is doesn't necessarily mean you are an old soul. The world is filled now with freshed newly evolved youngster (I believe I am one too) who just learn really fast, and that can make you feel like older. But truth is if we were older we wouldn't need to learn thise lesson OR even be here on earth.
And no, the newest souls have the easiest apsects, the more evolved ones have mode challenging ones. We come here for the purpose of learning and I know one person who has majorly only trines and sextiles. This person id a 21 old drug addict soon to be a mother, lazy, no job , gives her family hell. So I definitely don't think this is someone you can call an old soul.
People with mostly squares and oppositions are those I can call wise and old.

ardentika

Something interesting to think about..A lot of people aren't born when they're expected. I was personally born two weeks early. Had I been born when expected, I'd be right in the middle of Leo season, but instead, Leo's my 12th house and I'm a Cancer-Virgo and it fits
I've thought about that too many times and I think there is divine timing for everything. That's why for example people with Saturn on the Asc (like me) are said to have had a difficult birth. Saturn slows down and my mom had a real difficult birth haha.

Lykanized

Well, knowing what your mission is doesn't necessarily mean you are an old soul. The world is filled now with freshed newly evolved youngster (I believe I am one too) who just learn really fast, and that can make you feel like older. But truth is if we were older we wouldn't need to learn thise lesson OR even be here on earth.
And no, the newest souls have the easiest apsects, the more evolved ones have mode challenging ones. We come here for the purpose of learning and I know one person who has majorly only trines and sextiles. This person id a 21 old drug addict soon to be a mother, lazy, no job , gives her family hell. So I definitely don't think this is someone you can call an old soul.
People with mostly squares and oppositions are those I can call wise and old.
Well, if you see it as a hard rule, I think my chart is really a mix of easy and hard, what do you think? I'll attach, hold on

Lykanized

I think even old souls can have hard lives and make not the wisest decisions. When we incarnate, most of us only remember our past lives by subconscious and intuition. And I'd say someone who seems lazy and undriven may not necessarily be that, they may have personal issues especially ones that lead to addiction

Also I do disagree with one thing... Evolved souls are incarnating still to help humanity. There's a darker view on what's going on, that we aren't currently able to free ourselves from the incarnation cycle, but things are changing soon

Last edited:

Lykanized

Well, if you see it as a hard rule, I think my chart is really a mix of easy and hard, what do you think? I'll attach, hold on
Ok, what do you think? To me it seems like a mix. But I have 5 retrogrades and some people theorize that has to do with karma

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-01 at 4.11.09 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-05-01 at 4.11.09 AM.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 24

JUPITERASC

I've been wondering for a long time actually, but I never knew exactly how to pose the question. How do we know what the various planets represent and what their energies are? Was this information channeled by a Shaman or powerful psychic or multiple individuals of the sort?

I admit I don't know the origin, but I like to go to the core of things and I'd love to also understand why the various signs are said to be ruled by a specific planet or planets
'…..man did not see pictures in the night skies
and then circumscribe the constellations
according to artistic vision.
Instead
man noted that people born when certain groupings of stars were rising
or setting
or directly overhead
exhibited certain characteristics in common :smile:

These characteristics seemed animalistic,
bird like,
aquatic
heroic
or ultra humanistic.

Once this correlation was made,
the symbolic mind of man
assigned SHAPE to groupings of stars
for easy reference.
Some shapes were earthly
human

some creative fantasies
but each shape or constellation
represented symbolically
THE OBSERVED EFFECTS OF THAT GROUP OF STARS
when manifested in the life of a person...' Robert Huntz Granite

Lykanized

'…..man did not see pictures in the night skies
and then circumscribe the constellations
according to artistic vision.
Instead
man noted that people born when certain groupings of stars were rising
or setting
or directly overhead
exhibited certain characteristics in common :smile:

These characteristics seemed animalistic,
bird like,
aquatic
heroic
or ultra humanistic.

Once this correlation was made,
the symbolic mind of man
assigned SHAPE to groupings of stars
for easy reference.
Some shapes were earthly
human

some creative fantasies
but each shape or constellation
represented symbolically
THE OBSERVED EFFECTS OF THAT GROUP OF STARS
when manifested in the life of a person...' Robert Huntz Granite
That's interesting. Since Whoam1 has been talking about alternative cobstellations, can those have just as strong an affect or a strong one at least?

InfoOverload2

The knowledge was given to humanity by beings of higher consciousness - short answer.

The ancients called them many things. New age channeling is not new but we understand it better..in my opinion

But I believe ardentika gave a very interesting perspective on things still unknown. New information to help us connect the dots is coming through. And I also believe the theory about new souls vs. old souls. The new souls are coming in with intuitive power that will not just make spirituality a different experience for them but also other structures of the world. Old souls though are still wise and I think help to ground the energies...also they have soul experiences from many lifetimes to pull upon

Lykanized

I was discussing experiences with my subconscious with a friend who thinks very very similarly to the way I do and she mentioned Akashic records to me. Her theory is that some intuition, when you know something but you can't say why or how, is information downloaded from the soul from previous lifetimes that you tap into in your current lifetime. For some reason, that had never once occurred to me before

I still don't really know if I'm an old soul or a young soul. I suppose it doesn't matter in the long run. The important thing is that I know why I'm here and I do

Anyway, I love getting to the heart of things. I don't know where to look for the kinda information I'm looking for. To me it makes sense this may definitely be a mix of channeled information and collective consciousness working together

I rely on my intuition a lot, but I can't get a feel for astrology. That may be the deeper reason I'm really wondering. I need something to trigger my intuition so I start really getting a feel for things. otherwise, as of right now, I'm basically just wandering around this forum not sharing anything of value at all, just gathering and gathering bits and pieces. Then again, if intuition is really based in the Akashic record, I may never get an intuitive feel for it at all

ardentika

I think even old souls can have hard lives and make not the wisest decisions. When we incarnate, most of us only remember our past lives by subconscious and intuition. And I'd say someone who seems lazy and undriven may not necessarily be that, they may have personal issues especially ones that lead to addiction

Also I do disagree with one thing... Evolved souls are incarnating still to help humanity. There's a darker view on what's going on, that we aren't currently able to free ourselves from the incarnation cycle, but things are changing soon

Well.. I'm biased here cos I know an old soul. It's something you cannot see only in the chart cos he has outgrown it. He says himself he shouldn't be here but as you said they do incarnate from time to time to help us. And those people don't make the mistakes of younger souls. By the time they reach their 20s they ready have the consciousness of an 30y old. Maybe even more, but we still cannot escape our biological age. It's thightly connected to our soul still.
And mostly those who are lazy and undriven do have psychological issues that derive from the lack of challanges. Cos when we are opposed with a challenge we have no other options but act and deal with it. Wh en there aren't challenges there is no need to resolve those issues so those people find it easy to just give in addiction and just.. live without much care or responsibility. And maturing is all about responsibility. On a soul level as well.

And ofc all charts are balanced. I mean like for example I have predominant squares in my chart and fewer sextiles and trines. Just count to see which aspect predominates. I know someone with more than 10 conjunctions,that aint easy as well.