Special needs child - unable to diagnose

curiousgal

Hello everyone,

I have a special needs child who has undergone innumerable tests so far. In Sept 2013, she got her blood work done for extensive genetic testing. We are expecting the results this month and are keeping our fingers crossed to hear the diagnosis. If however, we get negative test results here as well, the only options that the doctors are left with is a muscle biopsy surgery. They basically want to avoid the surgery if possible.

My question is: Will we be able to diagnose the cause for my daughter's condition as a result of the genetic testing that has been done?

Last edited:

waybread

Mama, my heart goes out to you. Your little angel is so lucky to have such caring and loving parents, able to give her the best of care. And how encouraging that your work with her to date through traditional Indian medicine is having positive results. We don't know why some little souls incarnate with serious health problems, but I have to believe that each of us on the planet is here to learn and to teach. Your daughter may be a wise old soul, teaching her family new lessons in love and compassion, while her doctors learn more about infants with her medical conditions. From what you have written, and judging from the moon in her natal chart, your daughter experiences you as a very sensitive and compassionate mother.

With respect to your horary question, I don't view horary as a type of fortune-telling. For one thing, my skills are very imperfect, so please just view the following as merely the best guess of an amateur. Please let us know the outcome, however, because that way we will learn to do astrology better.

My sense of the chart is that an answer will be found-- if not through the present round of tests, perhaps by revisiting and rethinking some of the information already collected.

Your daughter is represented by the 5th house of children. Her doctor/s would be the 7th house from the 5th, or the 11th house on this chart. With Aries on the cusp of the 5th house, she is represented by Mars; and the doctor is ruled by Venus, with Libra on the 11th house cusp. Then we also see Uranus in the 5th house and Mars (the planet ruling doctors) in the 11th house.

The moon generally shows the action in a horary chart-- as well as what is on the questioner's (your) mind. The moon is applying to a perfect sextile with Venus, so this is a positive indicator that the doctors will make a diagnosis. The moon is also strengthened by being in mutual reception with beneficial Jupiter.

Mars is in detriment in Libra. Both the doctors and your beautiful daughter would seem to be in a weakened condition. Mars makes several aspects, so is by no means powerless to act; but these aspects are squares, indicating tension and frustration. No doubt your baby's doctors feel very frustrated at being unable to find a cause or cure so far; just as your daughter's condition is difficult for her to experience, as well.

Venus is retrograde, returning towards Mars and Mercury, so I wonder whether maybe some information already gathered has been overlooked, and might be worth revisiting. Hopefully around the 17th of January, when Mars and Venus perfect their aspect, the medical people will get some answers: you will hear a bit later, of course. However, this will be a square aspect, so please prepare yourself for the doctor's report as feeling stressful to you.

Your daughter is very fortunate to have such a loving mother.

Last edited:

curiousgal

Mama, my heart goes out to you. Your little angel is so lucky to have such caring and loving parents, able to give her the best of care. And how encouraging that your work with her to date through traditional Indian medicine is having positive results. We don't know why some little souls incarnate with serious health problems, but I have to believe that each of us on the planet is here to learn and to teach. Your daughter may be a wise old soul, teaching her family new lessons in love and compassion, while her doctors learn more about infants with her medical conditions. From what you have written, and judging from the moon in her natal chart, your daughter experiences you as a very sensitive and compassionate mother.

Thank u so much for ur kind words. I believe so too. I do very strongly believe that everything that happens in life happens for a purpose. I will understand later what it is. :smile:

With respect to your horary question, I don't view horary as a type of fortune-telling. For one thing, my skills are very imperfect, so please just view the following as merely the best guess of an amateur. Please let us know the outcome, however, because that way we will learn to do astrology better.

My sense of the chart is that an answer will be found-- if not through the present round of tests, perhaps by revisiting and rethinking some of the information already collected.

Your daughter is represented by the 5th house of children. Her doctor/s would be the 7th house from the 5th, or the 11th house on this chart. With Aries on the cusp of the 5th house, she is represented by Mars; and the doctor is ruled by Venus, with Libra on the 11th house cusp. Then we also see Uranus in the 5th house and Mars (the planet ruling doctors) in the 11th house.

The moon generally shows the action in a horary chart-- as well as what is on the questioner's (your) mind. The moon is applying to a perfect sextile with Venus, so this is a positive indicator that the doctors will make a diagnosis. The moon is also strengthened by being in mutual reception with beneficial Jupiter.

Mars is in detriment in Libra. Both the doctors and your beautiful daughter would seem to be in a weakened condition. Mars makes several aspects, so is by no means powerless to act; but these aspects are squares, indicating tension and frustration. No doubt your baby's doctors feel very frustrated at being unable to find a cause or cure so far; just as your daughter's condition is difficult for her to experience, as well.

Venus is retrograde, returning towards Mars and Mercury, so I wonder whether maybe some information already gathered has been overlooked, and might be worth revisiting. Hopefully around the 17th of January, when Mars and Venus perfect their aspect, the medical people will get some answers: you will hear a bit later, of course. However, this will be a square aspect, so please prepare yourself for the doctor's report as feeling stressful to you.

Your daughter is very fortunate to have such a loving mother.

Hmmm... so Jan 17th or later is starting when we might get answers.
But the only issue I have in this case is, her blood was drawn in Sept....all evaluation wud hv been done already by now and the reports wud be in, maybe a week or two...meaning prior to Jan 17th or 20th. Which would mean that this test too would not yield results, but those tests which are done after this date might yield some. Which means, muscle biopsy :crying:
I really dont want my daughter to undergo a surgery, if it's avoidable.

I hv my fingers crossed.

Vedic astrology has indicated that her progress will start in the second half of this year (she is ofcourse improving in very very very minute terms on a daily basis, even now...but have been told the progress rate would be faster from the second half of this year).
And yes, traditional indian medicine, made out of herbs/roots are actually helping her. And that coupled with her therapy sessions seems to be working ok so far.

2014 brought in mixed emotions. It meant to me that my child will now turn 2 years old and her neck still does not hold steady. But it also brought in the hope because per her charts, this is the year when she will start making lot of progress :smile:

Thanks for your reading and all your kind words. Every wish, every blessing counts. God bless u too!

Marinka

I went back over your original question - thread =

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66234

I had posted this information based on her natal chart in that thread. Note the date! Just a suggestion but, you might want to reread that thread.

"Wanted to mention that the day you posted was when Neptune was making an opposition to Mars on a Retrograde which brings up the uncertainty of the situation. Neptune is still moving retrograde and will be making contact with it's natal position again at the end of October/beginning of November and I would expect that you will get further updates at that time. Neptune is going to station on it's natal position for a bit and this likely indicates uncertainty but, when it moves direct again and out of it's angle to natal Neptune (end November but more likely December), I would expect that the situation becomes clearer. Neptune makes it's final challenging aspect to Mars in January (1/20/2014) and I would expect that this would remove much of the uncertainty with the inability to thrive. "

curiousgal

I went back over your original question - thread =

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66234

I had posted this information based on her natal chart in that thread. Note the date! Just a suggestion but, you might want to reread that thread.

"Wanted to mention that the day you posted was when Neptune was making an opposition to Mars on a Retrograde which brings up the uncertainty of the situation. Neptune is still moving retrograde and will be making contact with it's natal position again at the end of October/beginning of November and I would expect that you will get further updates at that time. Neptune is going to station on it's natal position for a bit and this likely indicates uncertainty but, when it moves direct again and out of it's angle to natal Neptune (end November but more likely December), I would expect that the situation becomes clearer. Neptune makes it's final challenging aspect to Mars in January (1/20/2014) and I would expect that this would remove much of the uncertainty with the inability to thrive. "

Thanks Marinka. Yes, I remember the date very well....that's why in my response to "waybread" I mentioned the date "20th" as well.
But like I stated in my thread above, my doubts are related to the analysis that was done in the past 16 wks (since my daughter's blood was drawn in 1st week of sep). If it was not meant to be that they find a "cause" for her problem during this duration and if clarity can only be obtained post 20th Jan 2014, then the genetic results which is expected in the next 10-15 days might not indicate much if analysis has already been completed and only write up of the report is pending. Do you understand my confusion?

Lena_

Thank you for your feedback, curiousgirl.

I'm using 7th for your secondborn/daughter (3rd from 5th) so she is Taurus/Venus retrograde in own 8th.
Her doctors as 9th from her, being your 3rd, Capricorn.

The test results ought to be doctors' 6th, meaning your 8th Gemini.
Mercury ruling the results is barely out of combustion so I don't think the results will provide very clear results.. The same supports Jupiter there, as a co-ruler which by being retrograde implies delays.

Should there are 2nd tests in order, these would be either Virgo/10th (3rd from 8th) and/or Cancer/8th. So, rulers of the second test would be Moon/Jupiter and/or Mercury.

Moon/Jupiter are in mutual reception which brings Jupiter onto your daughters 10th, in full dignity. On the other hand, Jupiter does rule your daughters 8th which among others, implies surgeries.

Mercury in a second base, is out of combustion and conjuncts Venus. This is a second indication that the second tests are going to produce results.

Moons' last aspect before going VoC is a sextile to Venus. This is an outcome to the benefit of your daughter which will be relatively delayed (due to Venus being retro).

Hope I'm wrong and you get to hear the best news soon, curiousgal..

Love,

Lena

-----------------

eta: I forgot to add the 3rd factor, PoF in 15.38Virgo

Last edited:

curiousgal

Thanks Lena.
That kind of sums it up very well.
The doc's office called earlier today saying they received an update from the lab saying the test results shd be in positively in the next 2 weeks.

Based on prior astro readings as well, surgery appears to be imminent...but I hope and pray that we just go thru' another blood test and not surgery.
Getting her blood drawn itself is a big hassle because it is so very difficult to find her vein and then if they do too, they are unsuccessful in drawing her blood. They poke her around multiple times before they get the job done.

With surgery, the main issue is, she has breathing difficulties. When she got her brain MRI done last year June, she seemed to have severe breathing problems post anesthesia and was admitted to ER. We were told that she stopped breathing every now and then. That's exactly why the docs dont want to put her under Gen. Anesthesia (which is a must for surgery). They say the surgery itself (biopsy) would take max. 10 mins...but the after effect of anesthesia is what will cause problems for my daughter.

I will keep you guys posted on the results. I do hope that something comes up though!

waybread

Thanks for the update, Mama. I should think that, with the doctors aware of your daughter's breathing difficulties, they will be extra careful to have her monitored while she is in recovery.

Lena, I had thought of asking about birth order (as you did) but decided just to go with the 5th house for children. I will be very interested to see if the third from the 5th house gives a more accurate result!

Lena_

Thanks for the update, Mama. I should think that, with the doctors aware of your daughter's breathing difficulties, they will be extra careful to have her monitored while she is in recovery.

Lena, I had thought of asking about birth order (as you did) but decided just to go with the 5th house for children. I will be very interested to see if the third from the 5th house gives a more accurate result!

It is a matter of taste I think.

I have a pretty simple-minded way of understanding that:
In 5th, when it comes to the firstborn, things are merely ok since this House simultaneously stands for other matters as well.

But if there is another child, the concern of a mother is chimerized into the 5th. You get to see the concern for both children apart from what else 5th stands for; even if the question is solely about one of the children.

The chimerization (is there a word as such?) that takes place into 5th gets even more complicated for me if there are even more children. So I find it easier to check 3rds' from the quesited House; it gives me a clearer view sort of speak. I don't discard 5th -I use it as well to verify/clarify issues with the 7th (secondborn), 9th etc..

I do think 5th could stand for all children -I just find it hard to find my own way in the matter strictly through this House when there are more children.

curiousgal

Ok...so got an update today from the lab.
It appears that testing is still in progress and they are going to need another 6-8 wks before they are ready with the results.
6-8 wks could be anytime in March or maybe even April.
God.....I hope at the end of all this, we atleast know what is the reason why my daughter has these problems!

waybread

Thanks for keeping us informed-- how nerve-wracking for you to have to wait so long!

Obviously I was mistaken about the timing, so this way I will learn to do better.

curiousgal

Ok....so the genetic testing results (Whole Exome Sequencing test) are in....but nothing showed up...I mean, they werent able to diagnose the cause for her medical condition.
They are now suggesting muscle biopsy, spinal tap and a few other blood tests.
What did however show up on the genetic testing (unrelated to her present condition) is that she has Brugada syndrome(The Brugada syndrome is a genetic disease that is characterised by abnormal electrocardiogram findings and an increased risk of sudden cardiac death). My husband is the carrier of that gene and he too has it. Towards that, we are to meet a cardiologist for next steps.
My husband and I are very confused about whether we should proceed with the muscle biopsy or not because like I said in my earlier posts, she has breathing issues, so post anaesthesia, there is a risk involved.

We are wondering if we should just wait it out for a while before getting her surgery done.

I was so hoping that the genetic testing would yeild some results....so very disappointed that nothing came up :(

Lena_

Ok....so the genetic testing results (Whole Exome Sequencing test) are in....but nothing showed up...I mean, they werent able to diagnose the cause for her medical condition.
They are now suggesting muscle biopsy, spinal tap and a few other blood tests.
What did however show up on the genetic testing (unrelated to her present condition) is that she has Brugada syndrome(The Brugada syndrome is a genetic disease that is characterised by abnormal electrocardiogram findings and an increased risk of sudden cardiac death). My husband is the carrier of that gene and he too has it. Towards that, we are to meet a cardiologist for next steps.
My husband and I are very confused about whether we should proceed with the muscle biopsy or not because like I said in my earlier posts, she has breathing issues, so post anaesthesia, there is a risk involved.

We are wondering if we should just wait it out for a while before getting her surgery done.

I was so hoping that the genetic testing would yeild some results....so very disappointed that nothing came up :(

I'm sorry for the outcome and the confusion, curiousgal..
Unfortunatelly the chart wasn't promissing for the first run of results.

I wonder if you'd mind casting a new chart but, this time focusing more in the outcome or the cause, rather than the procedure. Saturn is "oddly" placed in the chart and I'd like to see a second take on it.

Lena

curiousgal

Thanks Lena.
I thought so too based on the initial readings from the other forum members. I have to say that though I was desperately hoping to find answers, for some reason, I wasnt surprised...maybe because I was prepared for something like this (no answers by virtue of the genetic testing).

Last edited: