Playlist of the Week(music)

piercethevale

Some Former members of Jellyfish, and [2] from Imperial Drag, a new group with a tight retro pop-rock sound... and, inho, very good...
LICKERISH QUARTET [also the name of a movie from 1970, btw]
"LIGHTHOUSE SPACESHIP"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZM8CQxnOPQ
Lickerish-Quartet.png

piercethevale

Sung by the late "Izzy" ....his funeral being celebrated at the end..."Somewhere Over the Rainbow" in Hawaii

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1bFr2SWP1I

In my post above, where-in I posted another version of "Hey Joe" in memory of Joe Sulak, aka, "Helicopet Joe". Joe was killed while flying a helicopter for a sightseeing outfit in Hawaii. A washer failed on the tail rotor, from what I heard, the investigators' claim that due to Joe's expertise at flying [He also flew for "Lifeflight ' for over 20 years here in Sacramento Co.] He kept the potential of the impending disaster to a minimum. There were three newlywed couples on board and each couple lost a spouse, and Joe lost his life too, it was considered a near miracle that those three did survive.

That song, you posted, was what was played at Joe's funeral, in fact He always had it playing over the sound system inside the helicopter for the start of every tour.
Joe was born under the sign of Aquarius and it was from knowing Joe that I learned what an Aquarian can truly be when they are at their best. He had such an optimistic attitude towards life and lived it to the fullest, and He was the first to be at a friends side in a time of need. He was just 3 months shy of retirement when He died... he took the job just a year before, so as to do something a "little bit fun" before he did retire. Joe had just turned 58 years old when he died and I was sitting in my room at the old Folsom Hotel when my neighbor, that also knew Joe, told me that He had just heard of Joes's death while downstairs at the bar. I had just gotten my first computer a couple of months prior and had just finished downloading a song by Rory Gallagher, called the "Lonesome Highway". I cry big tears now when ever I hear that song.

The casualty rate was 66% for helicopter pilots that flew during the Vietnam war. One out of every three died, one out of three wounded but survived. Joe was never wounded but He kept a pack of cigarettes that he had flown with one day while in Nam. It had rested on a console right next to him and had been struck by not less that seven rounds of ammunition while in flight. He kept it as a reminder of how lucky He was that day I suppose.

One of Joe's good buddies from that tour was another pilot of the 101st Airborne, Randolph Mains, and Randy wrote a book about the experience after the war. His mother had saved every letter He had written her while on that tour of duty and she gave them back to him upon his return. It is from those letters that Randolph Mains based his book upon,. The title of the book is "Dear Mom, I'm alive"...as that is how He began every letter. Chapter 8 is dedicated to Joe, it is titled "Joe Sulak and the C Ration Grenade."

I read a lot of aviation accounts when I was a teenage and a young man. I used to think that I would have loved to have flown in W.W. ! in those rickety biplanes made of wood and cloth. When I was a teenager, I read 'Falcons of France" by Nordhoff and Hall, two American fellows, Yanks, that flew for the Lafayette Escadrille, and they wrote that book after the war. [they also went on to write another book afterward, that you may have heard of, its title is "Mutiny On the Bounty"] and though I read many other accounts of wartime pilots of both W.W. 1, W.W. 11, and Korea afterward, I considered "Falcons of France" to be the greatest of them all... that is until Joe loaned my his copy of Randolph's book. I couldn't put it down... the book is THAT GOOD..

I gave high praise to the book on the Goodreads website a week after Joe's death, and captioned it "Tom Hanks, here's your next "Saving Private Ryan".
Within a week Randolph had an offer for the movie rights. It was supposed to have been made over 10 years ago, but apparently was shelved due to public sentiment at the time...the war in Iraq had just grown to include most of the Middle East, as well. ..and then interest in the war in Nam really seemed to fade as the war in the Middle East just kept going on, year after year.

I may never get made now, but that's no reason to pass up reading the book. It's the greatest , first hand, account of an aviator in wartime that I've ever read. It's not just about the military and the missions, and while a number of them are included in the book, it is also a look into what the South Vietnamese society was like at the time, the affairs some of the Americans had with Vietnamese women, the fun and mischief they had on leave, what it was like to be in involved in the fighting, both in the air and on the ground.

I highly recommend reading it.

Rory Gallagher - "Lonesome Highway"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwDkCq9q9WU

:crying:

Last edited:

leomoon

Joe sounds like a very nice friend to have had. Thanks for sharing a nice story about him. In these times, its nice to hear a nice story. ... I didn't know many Aquarius in my life that I'm aware of that are male, except for my 1st short term spouse. We were night & day but I admired his music as a musician....Other then that, it was fire & water or in our case, our mutual Saturn ruler for Aquarius & Capricorn simply didn't jive one iota.

I do have acquaintences however, that I met in Egypt, one a tour guide woman from Australia, the other also Australian by birth living in Canada. They are BOTH Aquarius, late decans, having their birthdays in late February. Very very socialable and nice people and always enjoyed their company when we saw them in Luxor on our vacations. Always going to interesting places we hadn't seen before. Last time, an ancient Coptic church through a very old winding village town - to get there, but worth every minute of it. She and her friend (a 3rd Aquarius, what else, lol?) ...said they wanted to be buried there at that Coptic Church graveyard and made arrangements to be. However, since she told me that, she seems to have finally broken up with a much much younger b.f. who is Egyptian - and wanted an Egyptian wife :( ...So does that cancel her burial wish? I don't know, as I didn't dare ask. But the other one will be buried there more then likely.

They go to Egypt sometimes in the spring & Fall months, (the only time the weather is tolerable and even nice), and dance with native clothes, the belly dance even though one is in her ? early 60s the other later 70s. Strange, but they are in GREAT shape too. Extremely active., hiking, mountains there - doing all the things we only dream of. Very very adventurous people (all 3 of them) not just in Egypt but worldwide, like India etc. None of them currently married, nor looking, lol.

Yep, thats Aquarius, a loner sign except terribly Social.

But I always try my bet to take away something good from any relationship or find some type of positive thing about the person anyway and hope others do too.

Nice story...Vietnam was quite a time to live through for many I"m sure. Quite traumatic even if we didn't serve over there. I'm currently writing an epic history (just kidding!!!!) for my next Kindle book about Terrorism and wars from Iraq and Afghanistan. It can be depressing to go over the times, but they say you should learn from each of the eras and times. I think so too, or "you are bound to repeat them" if you don't.
Santayana is popularly known for aphorisms, such as "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it", "Only the dead have seen the end of war", and the definition of beauty as "pleasure objectified". Although an atheist, he treasured the Spanish Catholic values, practices, and worldview in which he was raised.
George Santayana - Wikipedia

Last edited:

piercethevale

Joe sounds like a very nice friend to have had. Thanks for sharing a nice story about him. In these times, its nice to hear a nice story. ... I didn't know many Aquarius in my life that I'm aware of that are male, except for my 1st short term spouse. We were night & day but I admired his music as a musician....Other then that, it was fire & water or in our case, our mutual Saturn ruler for Aquarius & Capricorn simply didn't jive one iota.

I do have acquaintences however, that I met in Egypt, one a tour guide woman from Australia, the other also Australian by birth living in Canada. They are BOTH Aquarius, late decans, having their birthdays in late February. Very very socialable and nice people and always enjoyed their company when we saw them in Luxor on our vacations. Always going to interesting places we hadn't seen before. Last time, an ancient Coptic church through a very old winding village town - to get there, but worth every minute of it. She and her friend (a 3rd Aquarius, what else, lol?) ...said they wanted to be buried there at that Coptic Church graveyard and made arrangements to be. However, since she told me that, she seems to have finally broken up with a much much younger b.f. who is Egyptian - and wanted an Egyptian wife :( ...So does that cancel her burial wish? I don't know, as I didn't dare ask. But the other one will be buried there more then likely.

They go to Egypt sometimes in the spring & Fall months, (the only time the weather is tolerable and even nice), and dance with native clothes, the belly dance even though one is in her ? early 60s the other later 70s. Strange, but they are in GREAT shape too. Extremely active., hiking, mountains there - doing all the things we only dream of. Very very adventurous people (all 3 of them) not just in Egypt but worldwide, like India etc. None of them currently married, nor looking, lol.

Yep, thats Aquarius, a loner sign except terribly Social.

But I always try my bet to take away something good from any relationship or find some type of positive thing about the person anyway and hope others do too.

Nice story...Vietnam was quite a time to live through for many I"m sure. Quite traumatic even if we didn't serve over there. I'm currently writing an epic history (just kidding!!!!) for my next Kindle book about Terrorism and wars from Iraq and Afghanistan. It can be depressing to go over the times, but they say you should learn from each of the eras and times. I think so too, or "you are bound to repeat them" if you don't.
George Santayana - Wikipedia

I enjoyed reading of your own Aquarian encounters, as well, thank you.:happy:

leomoon

Update since my post:

Yesterday per chance, I happened to post about a mutual acquaintance on FB that drowned in the Nile River when she and her husband were throwing a party on their newly resotred yacht where they lived part of the year (He is a well known archeologist who discovered (re-discovered), the K-V4 Valley of the Kings, largest tomb of Ramses. Anyway, Susan Weeks, (his wife) did the artwork for his books and they worked as a team in Egypt.

Susan must have told himshe wanted to be buried in Egypt too, because that is where she is. The above mentioned friend from Canada, thanked me for the newer info of the graveyard they moved her to and told me she still intends IF she dies in Egypt, to be buried there likewise. I'm of the impression there are two sites for foreigners to be buried. The 1st one is alongside a Coptic Church in a very rural patch of desert (like farmland possibly) you can't hardly see it on google.

The other one where Susan is interred is more towards civilization although the photo didn't look like it.

Someone put it on Find a Grave:
from my post:

Susan Weeks is buried here, along with other foreigners . The original cemetery in Tibir has been moved in 2015. Susan died in December 2009, falling overboard in the Nile River off her newly restored yacht after a party held onboard. Someone else said, "after a seminar". I don't know which would be more accurate. R.I.P. I'm glad that this man from Cairo put her photo on Find a Grave and even posted this , the new location in Luxor (hard go find he said)
https://www.findagrave.com/cemetery/2341703/foreigners'-cemetery/photo

Well, the other 3 I mentioned, ladies all Aquarius Sun who spend 1/2 year in Egypt everyyear and meet there like a reunion. A 4th one Aquarius Sun is another who is Australian by birth - and owns a travel agency there.

NOW, I find out Susan Weeks, was Sun in Aquarius:
(I wonder whats with Aquarius women & Egypt anyway?).... They truly love that land to want to be buried there.:unsure:

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/48065536/susan-howe-weeks

Last edited:

leomoon

cont'd:
Mr. Olson posted this:
I found the new location after several taxi drivers tried unsuccessfully by going to the municipality in Tiba and had my driver follow two workers there. It's a God forsaken place on the edge of the desert 20 km from downtown Luxor and locked up. We scaled the wall with help of a ladder and I took photos of all the marked graves - dating from 1896 to 2015 - and will post on findagrave.com. I have also posted the location of Google Maps. Meet with British Consul today to get more info for an article - it was moved from its previous location Luxor around 2013.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294205-i9426...

and my Aquarius friend said:

. There's a foreign cemetery in the Westbank near the Muharab monastery the the site of Malkata, the palace of Amenhotep 111. If I die in Egypt that is where I'd chose to be buried.

"Walk Like an Egyptian" (the Bangles in London) Great photo images, with Princess Di - among others:whistling:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

piercethevale

I've an Aquarian Moon, although by true accounting as to the Sidereal, it's a Capricorn Moon that I have.

I insist on being cremated after my passing. It breaks the material bond and lets the Soul "get on with it".

The world is presently obsessed with "dead things". We live i a world that is governed by interest payments, gambling, insurance...which is just a form of gambling... and paying rents. All forms of usury and all in the realm of the dark, horned, Egyptian god, Amen [or Amoun, however you wish to spell it as hieroglyphs just don't translate into alphabetically defined languages].
Oil has been the coveted, new, gold for over a hundred years now. We've used it to power all our means of transit, added it to so many products and created plastic from it. Were would we be without plastic,..? My god, the entire f***king world is now built upon it as a foundation.

Oil, made from dead things. Things that died eons ago.
We burn it and pollute our air, the air that we breathe, with decomposed dead things",
Amen is the dark, horned, god of Egypt, that rules over the dead, the past, and usury... as usury takes money and pays it backwards... into the past.

How did I miss this band? I heard one tune by them on the radio about 17 years ago, took to it immediately, even had a copy in my files...one of the first songs I ever bought via a download from the internet. But, I never heard anything more.

I don't wander so much from the familiar as I once did, and I hadn't intended to wander this day either. I sought that old familiar tune, I hadn't heard in so long... as that song file disappeared with the computer it was entrusted with... so. I sought it out...and the comments of others piqued my curiosity.

So, while I didn't intend to wander, and thought I wouldn't wander too far once i'd begun, but I eventually realized that I had wandered so far that I don't think that I can find my way back to "the old familiar".

Besides, I kind of like it here, where I found myself after thinking, 'Have I wandered too far?"

Belle and Sebastian - Lazy Line Painter Jane
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I42Q-EU50s

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
2020 theme song:whistling:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZeaCohfWsY&app=desktop

"Welcome To My Nightmare"

Welcome to my nightmare, I think you're gonna like it, I think you're gonna feel you belong.
A nocturnal vacation, unnecessary sedation, you want to feel at home 'cause you belong.
Welcome to my nightmare whoa, ho, ho, ho...

Welcome to my breakdown.
I hope I didn't scare you.
That's just the way we are when we come down.
We sweat and laugh and scream here.
'Cause life is just a dream here.
You know inside you feel right at home, here.
Yeah, Welcome to my nightmare yeah, hey, hey, hey...

Welcome to my nightmare!
I think you're gonna like it!
I think you're gonna feel you belong!
We sweat and laugh and scream here!
'Cause life is just a dream here!
You know inside you feel right at home, here!

Welcome to my nightmare hoo, hoo, woo, hoo...
Welcome to my breakdown...

Yeah!

piercethevale

i USED TO RARELY GIVE A RED HEADED GAL A SECOND LOOK. Then I met forum member Phoenix Venus, and now i am nearly in a state of fixation.
Such a beautiful soul.
She hasn't participated here at the forum for some time now, I miss the repartee.

She's busy with other projects nowadays. Here's one... Phoenix V. rap.... Give her a "Like" if you will... She is deserving of recognition.
I recognize Her everywhere now, and especially in every redheaded gal I see... is that a bit too weird?:unsure:

Phoenix Venus: "Pegasus Flies"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPnteipzZdM&list=LL_GIQVo2-N_jmBSEcHpj6Fg&index=90&t=0s

piercethevale

Opal

Premium Member
Interesting, I've never been one that supports the use of amps. by street musicians though, even when they are exceptionally talented. If you're good enough you don't need them.

It does remind me of a tune, however, and the story that goes with it... you have likely heard it, or of it?

Long John Baldry
- "Don't Try To Lay No Boogie-Woogie On The King of Rock & Roll"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj_lZ4hkJd8

Actually, I have always been a huge Kathi MacDonald fan. I have seen Baldry 3 times, because she was there.

I have that Baldry CD. And this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uaCal1exRG8

I like electric, I don’t have a problem with amping on the street.

Last edited:

piercethevale

Actually, I have always been a huge Kathi MacDonald fan. I have seen Baldry 3 times, because she was there.

I have that Baldry CD. And this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uaCal1exRG8

I like electric, I don’t have a problem with amping on the street.

Wow, I never heard of her until now. I missed that boat. ...and she played with such a number of greats too.
Nice turn on, even though it would have been nicer 40 to 50 years ago.

A "pig-nose" type amp is okay for the street, imho... but I guess it depends on the street. I rarely go into any big city anymore. I haven't been to "The City" [San Francisco] since 1996... I haven't been "home" to L.A. since 1991...and I live only 130 miles East of S.F. and about a five hour drive to L.A. ... I was in Reno in 2002.... I do get to the city of Sacramento every once in awhile...last time was last Fall.... but downtown Suckapiemento [Sackoftomatoes] is soooo.... it's Mayberry on steroids, is what it is.