Gen Z

CapAquaPis

(Continued...I'm on my phone at a local park).

3. Western esp US American is highly individualistic or I must say egoist to alienate ourselves in front of 200 other nations (and maybe Canadians agree). The "everyone is a minority, has a culture and a social group identity" was equally popular in the periods of 1965-75 and 1987-97, the "Me" decade was in between by boomer youth sense of personal freedom met up with 1980s neoconservatism opposed the collective stating its a negative or unAmerican trait associated with the then communist Soviet Russia in the second flare up of the cold war.

4. Gen Z are having serious doubts of the American work ethic, shrinking lowered wages and raising high costs of living, and the strongest desire for a social welfare net provided by the US or state level governments not seen or expressed since the Great Depression. (And #6 is a sure strong indicator of what Gen Z experienced in employment in bad jobs paying at minimum wage, not because they're in their 20s entering the workforce).

CapAquaPis

I have to agree with #5 and #7, like they politically correct everything, overstep, gatekeep, accusations of appropriation, have a false sense of the equality of outcome instead of opportunity and they fail to see we should have affirmative action for those born in lower income families, just like there's AA for women even if she's of the so called "white race". (I just outliberaled the Liberals to equate them with most conservatives pointing out poverty is another way of privilege and marginalization and the far Leftist SJWs and radical Alt Right I equally hate).

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

More in #5 is gen z are rejecting or have rejected the idea of the unquestioned existence of God, a deeply held moral and a traditional value.

And #7 is they were told of outdated ideas of guaranteed social upward or personal mobility they expect based on their (great/ grand) parents.

CapAquaPis

4 Chan is a popular hangout for the tiny percent wrong kind of gen Zers, like hackers post about recent security breeches of Kroger Groceries, Nordstrom Department stores and the state of CA SSI disability systems in recent years based on far Left, far right and mostly apolitical personal criminal reasons to steal money, personal info and private business data.

CapAquaPis

And being 41 going onto 42 years old in a month, I was halfway different than when I was 18-21...you're more " radical, liberal and progressive " in your teens they say, but I was like an Alex Keaton in the 1990s listened to AM wave right wing talk radio and wanted less government regulation in personal lives (center-right but anti-moralist libertarian phase).

CapAquaPis

And being 41 going onto 42 years old in a month, I was halfway different than when I was 18-21...you're more " radical, liberal and progressive " in your teens they say, but I was like an Alex Keaton in the 1990s listened to AM wave right wing talk radio and wanted less government regulation in personal lives (center-right but anti-moralist libertarian phase).

And to add another post (man, I'm on a roll), many gen Zers are concerned on racism, sexism, LGBTQ identities, autistic spectrum community and lower income disparity, but they are having less personal economic mobility than most of their parents, and sometimes their great-/ grandparents.

conspiracy theorist

4 Chan is a popular hangout for the tiny percent wrong kind of gen Zers, like hackers post about recent security breeches of Kroger Groceries, Nordstrom Department stores and the state of CA SSI disability systems in recent years based on far Left, far right and mostly apolitical personal criminal reasons to steal money, personal info and private business data.

Imageboards are more a millenial and even late gen x thing

david starling

I believe all three Outermosts are necessary to describe the generational tendencies.

XYZ doesn't work for me. I consider it a catchy pop-culture invention that doesn't provide enough information to be worthwhile.

The 3 Outermosts affect both society as a whole as transits, and the natal-charts of those born during the transits.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

Imageboards are more a millenial and even late gen x thing

These gen z children were brought up by gen x parents who were educated but are on the fringes of society to hold extremist views. For their parents to attended college or university and then came out of them radicalized or rejected what they have learned to turned against society. It used to be 25-30 years ago the internet were mostly college educated, affluent, scientific, high class, strong moral compass, ethical professional, liberal progressive, intelligent academic, and very PC people who aren't spamming, trolling, attacking and threatening (and esp hacking) anyone.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

An example of a shining bright Zillennial (Gen Z millennial cusp) intellectual social media celebrity to made me a Xillennial (Gen X millennial cusp) fan is The Liberal Redneck or Redneck Liberal. He was born into poverty in eastern TN in one of America's poorest regions of southern Appalachia. He was able to attend and graduate secondary private education thanks to a scholarship to high school students or graduates in the high rank like myself but he or his family couldn't afford tuition. He spoke about poverty is a serious but neglected issue affecting many more Americans than one thinks of all races. And selective bias of false, outdated and exaggerated images of "all poor people are black" is unfair to them and the media for decades ignored any poor whites like his family, rural community he's from and large swaths of the entire country.

CapAquaPis

And of generation Y spanning from 1975-90 is social media star and political commentator TJ Kirk, aka the Amazing Atheist has morphed from a libertarian in the 2000s when his career started into the liberal left in the 2010s to now on the anti-SJW right. He's still for a secular and humanist culture and government, for LGBTQ rights and marriage equality (he's bi to had divorced his wife a few years ago and currently has a boyfriend or husband)rand called out the perceived stupidity and hypocrisy of both fundamentalist religious conservatism and progressive social correctness, TJ Kirk has literally offended everyone in the past 2 decades by "crude" critique, insight and comments, and "vulgarly" expressing strong opinions on faith, politics, ideologies he opposes, society, morals, ethics and his own philosophy.

CapAquaPis

And the latest obsession widely observed in Gen Z is "my culture" is stolen, prohibited, appropriated, mocked, impersonated, misrepresented, misinterpreted, stigmatized and marginalized. Gen Zers have a moral relativism of their own: Nobody is Part Cherokee and NOBODY is, White people shouldn't talk Black or AAVE (African American vernacular English or "Ebonics"), Asian fetishism is both super racist and very sexist, Islamic terrorism is not the real threat even though the US had 9/11, undocumented immigration crossing the Mexican border on foot is a myth, and calls on social media to abandon or abolish White along with the entire idea or concepts of biological or anthropological race(s) as proven pseudo or unscientific and artificial or social political constructs. Its their generation unlike their parents obsessed over money, work and status, and their (baby boomer) grandparents rejected their own parents emphasis as is of "God, family and country".

CapAquaPis

1 more post on my research on young adults in 2000s-10s-20s (talk about my past association into the PC Brah 1980s-90s when they were too divided whether to trust or not the veterans of the Civil Rights activism of the 1950s, 60s and 70s which is heavily ageist I call them out on). And MTV's Decoded host Franchesca Ramsey and social media influencer HighGlossAnd Sauce displayed a double standard of not fully wanting White and Cis-Men allies in the current SJW activist drive along with "I'm for the LGBTQ, the poor, the disabled and anyone not christian" like Muslims, Atheists and Whoever else like HG&S is Jewish, and Chesca is Black would sometimes lump All Black Indigenous People of Color in her narrative of similar,but still different experiences under racism.

CapAquaPis

Gen Z are so into animal rights: anti speciesism, veganism, belong to orgs or groups like PETA, eco-friendly or in environmental causes and are into health(y) living by eliminating meat and animal byproducts from our diet.

LunarLioness00

Account Closed
I believe all three Outermosts are necessary to describe the generational tendencies.

XYZ doesn't work for me. I consider it a catchy pop-culture invention that doesn't provide enough information to be worthwhile.

The 3 Outermosts affect both society as a whole as transits, and the natal-charts of those born during the transits.

I agree with David. XYZ is something like pop astrology. Especially at work people are quickly to talk about gen this gen that but they forget we work in a legal system and we have equality laws. However, I digress, I think there needs to be more evidence to this generation xyz. Astrology wise I do think generations change due to the outers however we can’t pigeon hole or box people off into categories. Much more so for me as I’m into astrology and know people are different as we all have aspects planets etc moved around and touched upon in different ways.

JUPITERASC

Astrology wise I do think generations change due to the outers
not necessarily :smile:

Jupiter and Saturn may both be regarded as generational planets

because
Jupiter takes 12 years to orbit Sun
and
Saturn requires 30 earth years to orbit Sun
- additionally, during their respective orbits of the Sun
Jupiter and Saturn are in conjunction only approximately every 20 years.

THESE SPECIFIC SPANS OF TIME :smile:

chime well with the accepted idea of “...a generation...” :smile:
being the span of time necessary before human beings are physically able
to produce a child of their own

in human terms, '...a generation...' can be a variable :smile:
- that's because some produce offspring very early
and in many '...eastern...' countries before their teens.

However, in '...the west...' there is a tendency to initially focus on '...career..'
before then producing offspring later in the 30's.

The middle ground would be those producing offspring in their 20's.

Based on those rather "...rough and ready..." spans of time then:

(1) A twelve year Jupiter orbit of the sun represents

those who are parents at an age considered okay '...in the East...'

BUT

in '..the west..'
too young - i.e. 12

(2) A thirty year Saturn orbit of the sun represents

those who are parents at what is considered in '...the west...'
to be a '...more responsible age...' - i.e. 30

(3) A combination of the two planets in regular 20 year Jupiter-Saturn conjunctions
then represent the '..middle-ground...' - i.e. 19/20

USUALLY

a generation
average
s about 25 years from the birth of a parent
to the birth of a child
- although it varies case by case
it is generally accepted that the length of a generation
was closer to 20 years in earlier times
when humans mated younger
and life expectancies were shorter :smile:

Among present-day members

of a contemporary hunter-gatherer people
of Botswana and Namibia
whose lifestyle is relatively similar
to that of our Western pre-agricultural ancestors
the average age of mothers
at the birth of their first child was 20 years
and at the last birth 31
giving a mean of 25.5 years per female generation
which is considerably above the 20 years
commonly attributed to '...primitive cultures...'.
Fathers were six to 13 years older than mothers
giving a male generational interval of 31 to 38 years.
(source: sociologist Nancy Howell)

Alternatively, population geneticists Marc Tremblay and Hélène Vézina
found a generational interval, based on the years between parents’ and children’s marriages
to average 31.7 years
and
they determined that male generations averaged 35.0 years
while female generations averaged 28.7 years.
(source: 100 ascending Quebec genealogies)

A separate study by Biological anthropologist Agnar Helgason and colleagues
who used the Icelandic deCODE genetics database
to arrive at a female line interval of 28.12 years for the most recent generations
and 28.72 years for the whole lineage length.
Male line lineages showed a similar difference
—31.13 years for the recent generations
and 31.93 years overall.

For a more mathematically appealing average then
Helagason and fellow researchers recommended
estimating female generational line intervals at 30 years
and male generational intervals at 35 years
- based on the Quebec and Iceland studies.

We need to keep in mind
that current understandings in physical and biological sciences
are subject to change
as more data becomes available
and that data’s interpretation becomes more certain.

So, for now
when genealogists want to convert generations to years
and create probable date ranges, using an evidence-based generational interval
such as Helagason’s 30 and 35 years
- or even one developed based on your own family history research :smile:
may be the best solution.

In ancient times Jupiter and Saturn were
the outermost known planets :smile:
and were called by astrologers of old the "...Great Chronocrators...".
For millennia
the alignment of these two planets
has been regarded
as a significator of great social
economic
and
political watersheds - historic turning points, if you will.
hence
referred to as
"...The Great Conjunction..."
clearly then
Juiter Saturn conjunctions have been charted for millenia
by MUNDANE ASTROLOGERS

OuterPlanets89

I agree with David. XYZ is something like pop astrology. Especially at work people are quickly to talk about gen this gen that but they forget we work in a legal system and we have equality laws. However, I digress, I think there needs to be more evidence to this generation xyz. Astrology wise I do think generations change due to the outers however we can’t pigeon hole or box people off into categories. Much more so for me as I’m into astrology and know people are different as we all have aspects planets etc moved around and touched upon in different ways.
I'd have to disagree, not because I think you're wrong, but because I think understanding Generations requires a different perspective than most people who throw out generalizations on Gen Z/Millennials/Boomers etc take, which is a simplified approach, or just another way to box people into groups.

And that’s obviously dangerous, because there’s going to be all types of people from every generation – selfish/selfless, outgoing/introverted, liberal/conservative, you name it. And this is because our inner planets, as well as Jupiter/Saturn, will dominate the behaviors of most people, outside of those with heavy outer planet energies.

Just like in an individual, the impact of the outer planets for a generation is much more “below the schema” than that of the inner planets. The clearest expressions of a Generation’s Pluto/Neptune/Uranus come from the prominent figures with hard aspects to these planets, but even then, they’re not exactly a full embodiment of Pluto/Neptune, because one can’t *fully* embody that which extends beyond time and space (what lies beyond Saturn). They can be the messenger of these truths/energies, through whatever conscious planet(s) their chart allows for (i.e. a Millennial musician with Moon in Scorpio conjunct Pluto may stir up unconscious Plutonic feelings in listeners, especially those from their Pluto Generation, while a Gen X singer with Venus in Sagittarius conjunct Neptune may take listeners to dreamy/optimistic places, most reminiscent of a time specific to their generation).

What’s socially accepted evolves/changes over the years, which is a reflection of Saturn and specifically its relationship with Uranus, Neptune and Pluto (and arguably Chiron as well). Saturn governs the structures and limits of a society, while also governing time, and through transit aspects with the outer planets, a society’s structures will change (usually slowly) over time. The major/faster shifts tend to occur during major/multiple outer planet transits to Saturn, like Uranus/Pluto in Virgo opposing it in the 1960s (Civil Rights etc), Uranus/Neptune in Capricorn conjuncting it in the 1980/90s (fall of the USSR, start of the internet), and Pluto (and Jupiter) conjuncting it in 2020 with the pandemic.

Saturn has been central to all functional countries/societies throughout time, but each one’s Saturn differs, as one may have more Neptunian influence, while another may have Plutonian elements. Some may have aspects of all three, while another may deny anything relating to Uranian/Neptunian/Plutonian themes to be true. Not to mention there are higher and lower manifestations of each, as a nation with heavy Pluto influence in its Saturnian structures could be one which deeply understands life/death and transformation, or it could manifest as something closer to Nazi Germany. Each society is affected differently by these transits, just as each person is, but with the internet and a much more global society today, it’s easier to see larger scale themes throughout the world.

--

But on another note, I think it’s important to look at a Generation’s outer planet placements, but also where they were during that Generation’s formative years, as well as their middle age years.

For example, my Gen's Capricorn Uranus/Neptune and Scorpio Pluto can be somber/critical, but my cohort’s adolescent years were spent in a time of relative exuberance/excess (Aquarius Uranus/Neptune and Sagittarius Pluto). But as a post-Saturn return adult, the outer planets are all in Yin signs again (Taurus Uranus, Pisces Neptune, Capricorn Pluto), which has brought me back down (perhaps too much), but this has forced me to get back in touch with my outer planet energies (which are very prominent in my chart), and to question things again.

The opposite will likely occur with Gen Z, most of whom have outer planets in Yang/outgoing signs (Aqua U, Aqua N, Sag P), but are coming of age in a difficult time where all the outer planets are in Yin signs. Many of them will likely reconnect to their deeper energies later in this decade when Uranus is in Gemini, Neptune moves into Aries and Pluto goes into Aquarius.

--

Lastly, I also wanted to say that the internet has changed the boundaries of society -- and I'm still working on a way to understand this astrologically. The Uranus/Neptune combination meeting Saturn at home in Capricorn was arguably the inception (1989), while the web became functional a few years later in 1993 when Saturn was in Aquarius, squaring Pluto in Scorpio and Uranus/Neptune were still together after 4 years in Capricorn (and stayed that way another 2 more). The Saturn/Pluto square in their home signs scares me a bit, as the lower manifestations of those signs in this dynamic points toward major control/exploitation via data.

I think the erratic, ingenious, expansive and amorphous nature of the mix between Uranus and Neptune is what has made things so difficult to understand -- as many of our Saturns struggle to create boundaries/structure when our lives are so dependent upon the Uranian/Neptunian energies of technology/the internet.

I could probably write a book on this so I'll stop lol

LunarLioness00

Account Closed
You should write a book!! I agree we shouldn’t box people but for me there needs to be real evidence with the gen stuff.

It’s an interesting subject and I look forward to your book!!

Astrologically I believe in generational stuff like looking at the generation and the outers abs what that particular generation went though like for example in 1960’s. The 1920’s fashion craze so coming upon us again where we will all go glam with all this lockdown. There’s something in this and you are onto something outer planets89!!!

valuhz

You act like past generations weren’t ranting about your generation the same way you are doing to gen z right now.