horary house question

Alitina22

If asking a question about a change to personal appearance such a tattoo, which house would you use to represent the question?

dr. farr

I would select the first house (querent's house) or possibly the 6th house (health), but more likely the first house; if asking about another person, generally use the 7th house as generic for the "other person" (or if about a brother/sister/cousin, etc, the 3rd house)

aquarius7000

Hi,
If asking a question about a change to personal appearance such a tattoo, which house would you use to represent the question?

The first house is said to show the appearance.

If the question should pertain to the self (=querent), then it is the querent's first house.

If the querent should ask about another person, then the house the quesited is denoted by (as per the querent's relationship to that person: sibling, partner, friend, etc) will be their own first house. So, if you are asking about you sibling wanting to change their appearance, then

querent = chart's first house
sibling (quesited) = chart's third house
sibling's appearance (or intended change there to) = sibling's own (1st=appearance) house = chart's 3rd house

The Moon will play an important role as to how it might unfold for the quesited.

:)AQ7

Alitina22

Thanks so much for your responses Dr. Farr and AQ7.

So if the question pertaining to change in personal appearance (quested) is represented by the first house (in the case of self) or third (for sibling) then where would the person as querent be represented? For example if asking about myself, personal appearance is the first so then what house would represent me as querent? Because it wouldn't also be the first, would it?

In the case of asking a question about other, would they then be represented by the first as querent and the question/quested by the third?

I'm just a bit confused regarding house placement on this type of question.

Thanks for your help!

dr. farr

-if asking about oneself, then of course you are the querent and the first house represents you and your appearance, etc
-if asking about a sibling/cousin, etc, they are the 3rd house* and the querent (person asking the question) is the first house
-if asking about a generic "other person", they are the 7th house and querent (person asking the question) is the first house

(*if asking about the father, he is the 4th house and querent is the first house; if about the mother, she is the 10th house and querent is the first house)

Paul_

Account Closed
I would examine the first house, not just the lord, but also any planets positioned in it, and, as ever, to the Moon and her next application. I would be wary of Mars out of dignity in the first or square the lord of the first as it may show problems with scarring.

Alitina22

Thanks for all of your replies and comments: I got the tattoo last week and I love it. It's a symbol of venus and pluto which have a strong presence in my natal chart (and consequently in my life!).

The horary chart has mars as the ruler of the first. Mars in scorpio in the first conjunct the north node with an applying trine to the moon in pisces in the 5th.

I was planning to get the tattoo anyway but it's interesting to see if the timing is right, etc., and to learn more about horary. Every chart I have cast so far has has manifested as predicted. Thanks again for your help!