South Node in the 2nd House

Eric traveller

Does anyone know anything about this?
How am I supposed to make a career and have any semblence of a life with this placement right there- and Venus and Pluto sitting right next to it.
This has been really difficult for me- and I feel like the lack of "caring" for better or worse has made this very hard for me to succeed in any kind of life...
I'll keep it short and sweet 👌 guys thanks. Also, I've heard that the 2nd 8th node axis is a pretty difficult one- due to the fixed nature, and the ..nature in general of the content.
Thanks..

Last edited:

Hkk

Account Closed
Does anyone know anything about this?
How am I supposed to make a career and have any semblence of a life with this placement right there- and Venus and Pluto sitting right next to it.
This has been really difficult for me- and I feel like the lack of "caring" for better or worse has made this very hard for me to succeed in any kind of life...
I'll keep it short and sweet 👌 guys thanks. Also, I've heard that the 2nd 8th node axis is a pretty difficult one- due to the fixed nature, and the ..nature in general of the content.
Thanks all...

2nd house isn’t career. 10th house is.

You can do whatever you want. Scorpios have power with 8tg house ruler.

Change your mindset and stop panicking. Put your chart up if you feel comfortable.

I know people with the same placement as you with Venus and Pluto and they have a rich powerful and fulfilling life so let’s look and give you some real insights on what you will achieve in your life 😊

Osamenor

Staff member
2nd house isn’t career. 10th house is.

Exactly.

Second house deals with personal finances and personal values. How you make money, how you spend money, and how you manage money, are found in your second house. Eighth is other people's money, shared money, shared values, collective resources. Having your nodes on the second/eighth house axis might mean that questions around what's yours and what's other peoples arise frequently. Maybe issues around personal income versus family money are up. Or maybe it's some other manifestation of the second and eighth.

Since it's the south node that's in your second, it might be the case that you feel very strongly that you have to support yourself and you can't depend on anyone else to help you. If that's the case, then the eighth house north node points you in the direction of learning to accept the help and resources of others. But, you might be manifesting it another way, so I can't say for certain if this is the case.

Note that nothing is said here about career. For your south node to have much of anything to do with your career, it would have to be in your tenth house, or its ruler would have to be, or your tenth house ruler would have to be conjunct your south node. If you are having issues with career, that would correlate with something else in your chart.

Eric traveller

Exactly.

Second house deals with personal finances and personal values. How you make money, how you spend money, and how you manage money, are found in your second house. Eighth is other people's money, shared money, shared values, collective resources. Having your nodes on the second/eighth house axis might mean that questions around what's yours and what's other peoples arise frequently. Maybe issues around personal income versus family money are up. Or maybe it's some other manifestation of the second and eighth.

Since it's the south node that's in your second, it might be the case that you feel very strongly that you have to support yourself and you can't depend on anyone else to help you. If that's the case, then the eighth house north node points you in the direction of learning to accept the help and resources of others. But, you might be manifesting it another way, so I can't say for certain if this is the case.

Note that nothing is said here about career. For your south node to have much of anything to do with your career, it would have to be in your tenth house, or its ruler would have to be, or your tenth house ruler would have to be conjunct your south node. If you are having issues with career, that would correlate with something else in your chart.

I am having trouble, again uploading my chart. How can I do this??

I understand that, what I'm saying where I'm coming from is that the second house is savings and finances, wealth. And,If there's no motivation for savings, then there's really no motivation for work.That's the angle that I'm coming at.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
I understand that, what I'm saying where I'm coming from is that the second house is savings and finances, wealth. And,If there's no motivation for savings, then there's really no motivation for work.That's the angle that I'm coming at.

So you're not motivated to make money? What do you live on?

Hkk

Account Closed
https://imgur.com/upload

Or if you go on this link.

You go to Astro.com bring up your chart.
Then copy the link of your chart in web browser
It take a pic of your chart if you are in your phone

Go to the link above and paste it upload it

Hope this makes sense. If it doesn’t just send me your details date of birth country of birth and town of birth and I will upload

Eric traveller

It's August 17th, 1986. Anchorage AK
at 9:04 am

Attachments

• horoscope-chart8-700__radix_astroseek-17-8-1986_09-04.jpg
    horoscope-chart8-700__radix_astroseek-17-8-1986_09-04.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 52

Hkk

Account Closed
Your mc is Gemini which has Chiron - no aspects
Gemini ruler mercury in the 11th with your sun squaring Pluto in 2nd house of value

With squares there’s always a little bit of difficulty however only you can overcome that. It’s how you feel. Changing your mindset will change the way you react.

[Deleted non-astrological comments. - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

ElenaJ

Not sure what brought on this last comment.
Mercury in the chart rules both the midheaven of career and the ascendent, so these are tied together.
Pluto is not in the 2nd house, it is on the cusp of the 3rd house of communications, and squares mercury.
So pluto in scorpio wants to dig down and get to the bottom of things, but then tends to express it in an abrupt, shocking way. Perhaps also because mercury is in Leo, a sign that tends to be very open and up front, and ego centered, while pluto in scorpio hides itself, keeps what it knows to itself, and comes from the inner subconscious. So Leo blurts out what scorpio wants to keep secret, creating a conflict. This then plays out in the way other people are approached (ascendent) and the approach to a career (midheaven).
It's also recognisable in the request to delete the thread so brusquely. This is a characteristic of the aspect, that once you recognise it and accept it you can control it.
Venus is strong in libra, sitting on the cusp of the 2nd house, which is its natural house, and governs things of value, that include not only material ones but spiritual as well, your self esteem and sense of self worth.
The south node shows us where you have been in the past, in previous lives, and it's a comfort zone, a place you know and retreat to when needing support.
The north node shows where we should be aiming for. In this case, Aries is aggressive, much more so than libra, and in the 8th house looks towards the things others value.
Venus is also finance and money, strongly placed, brings to mind the financial world. Venus approaches a developmental square with mars, also strong in Capricorn, the sign of business. In the 4th it could refer to real estate, for example.
Moon also in Capricorn is business oriented, and on the cusp of the 5th of investments, children, gambling, might apply to any of these areas.
Saturn ruler of the 6th of work in the 3rd makes a trine with mercury of career, promising stability and linking the 10th and the 6th. These two also link up with that strong Venus, making it possible to have a good income from your work and career.
Sun in Leo on the 12th cusp shows that you can look inward for your resources, and it is in good aspect with the nodes, helping to achieve your soul's goals.
Neptune in the 4th makes a sextile with the cusp of the 3rd and pluto, giving good intuition.
At the moment transiting Uranus opposes your pluto, pushing you to find solutions, unique ones, and maybe that is also why you turned to the forum to look for an answer, since Uranus governs astrology.
The very powerful movement going on currently in Capricorn stressed your Venus, but that is over now, and will stimulate your moon soon, again pushing you onwards.
Not sure if you will read this, but good luck with it, it's going to all fall together for you if you analyse it carefully and then apply it to lay out your future.

Last edited:

Eric traveller

Thank you for all of this. I guess I'm still here.. and thank you for all of the input. So I'm still kind of guessing what career I should be pursuing or going after. How would I control that Mercury Pluto aspect because I can't really stop it? I guess being aware of it, and having an awareness helps. Thank you very much for the input and your insight.
I've been struggling with money, finances and career and family for a very long time.
Thank you very much for your help. it's really, greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
I've been struggling with money, finances and career and family for a very long time.

How have you been struggling with money, finances, career, and family?

To give you astrological advice, we need to know how your chart is actually manifesting in your life. Every chart has so many potentials in it that there's no way to know which potentials are true without the native's input.

If the whole story is too complex, too personal, or both, it's fine to be pretty bare bones about it, but we do need some sense of what's going on for you.

Eric traveller

Just having a hard time finding a job, even finding what career I want to do; shortage of money. I'll apply every day and hear nothing back even though I"m over qualified, pretty highly educated and have what I think is a decent resume... constantly day in and day out. For years. It's hard to find work that I like- and to stay with it. Struggling with family, lots of arguments...with my Mom and brother especially in my immediate family. Stuff like that. I just feel like I generally apply to jobs, and hear nothing back... this is my biggest complaint by far. I just can't make any headway. And I can't understand what I'm doing wrong or how to make headway. Just a lot of sucking in general with everything. I don't know how to describe it. That's how it is.

Even though I'm highly educated and capable, willing to work....nothing. It's Nothing.. I've been underemployed for a very, very long time. It's hard to get in a place that I like. Established.

Others are not being kind to me in my family...they have left me or don't talk to me for no reason whatsoever, me trying really hard to communicate. Not getting recognition for the stuff that I do, being left high and dry and for no reason.. Stuff like that. It's very frustrating.
Can't find a place where I fit. And I can't establish myself.
Some weird instances where I'm singled out for something in public and castigated and then kicked out of a group, for no reason whatsoever by authority figures. This has happened in the past, and past years a couple of times...more than usual. Just for doing nothing at all -it's even started happening on this forum. Once, I was told to leave this one group, given no reason or no justification, also there was a bad traffic incident in which I was found guilty, when the person clearly was behaving dangerously and I reacted, and I was punished by the law with a stiff penalty, and she got off completely Scot free, while I had to pay the penalty. Stuff like that.
Just generally what I've found to be weird Chironic 10th house authority stuff. It just happens... I don't do anything to deserve it, but it happens. I also think that Uranus squares are really affecting me negatively. It forms a square with almost everything. Jupiter opposition asc. is also not very well from what I understand even though it's aspecting my first house. Trying to understand this stuff. I think the Uranus squares are really causing a problem for me.

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Hi,

Could I recommend next time to pull your chart at astro.com please - they are just clearer.

I agree that 2nd house is indeed connected to one's career given your personal income (2nd house) comes in through what you do for a living - your job and career.

In your case, your second house ruler, Venus, is in Libra, where it is beautifully placed. Pluto is on the cusp of 2nd to 3rd house, so some might not even call it in the 2nd. However, if we do take it in the 2nd, it could show that you have an inherent fear of losing money and could at times go into an extreme spending or saving mode. I have Pluto in my 2nd, too, and the ruler of my 2nd house is mediocre in strength.

Eric traveller

Hi,

Could I recommend next time to pull your chart at astro.com please - they are just clearer.

I agree that 2nd house is indeed connected to one's career given your personal income (2nd house) comes in through what you do for a living - your job and career.

In your case, your second house ruler, Venus, is in Libra, where it is beautifully placed. Pluto is on the cusp of 2nd to 3rd house, so some might not even call it in the 2nd. However, if we do take it in the 2nd, it could show that you have an inherent fear of losing money and could at times go into an extreme spending or saving mode. I have Pluto in my 2nd, too, and the ruler of my 2nd house is mediocre in strength.

Yeah. I don't understand what's so hard to understand about that, at all either. Thank you, it makes no sense to me. I had to explain it like 5 times, and then some of them still didn't get it...and then there was an argument about it. LoL. And...then I was attacked; and then I had a moderator contact ME about attacking others. Lol. It was all pretty hilarious.

But still waiting on that response for the information that I provided.

Last edited: