View Single Post
Unread 08-20-2009, 01:11 AM

Re: Beginning to Study Astrology

Quote:
Originally Posted by DespiteMyself View Post
Thank you so much for posting this. I have just started to investigate astrology in the last few weeks after seeing my chart on astro cafe. I was amazed, and started to do some reading on the 'net. Just today I sat down and make a list of what I wanted to start taking notes on, working towards building a notebook. (Very funny that this has always been my approach when tackling a complex task- and I have seen it in my chart "readings", in the clinical snippets and definitions that the databases have spat out!)

I am very intrigued by the use of Natal Charts to identify strengths and weaknesses in ones' character and provide focus for self improvement. If I can recognize an area that I have fought against and instead embrace it, how much more powerful can I be? The same applies in the other direction: if I can identify an area that I have stubbornly clung to as "just the way I am" as self (and other) destructive, can giving it an honest appraisal be anything other than beneficial?

To be honest, some other applications of astrology still give me pause. I have identified as a Christian by choice my entire adult life, and I am weighing what I have been taught against what the Bible actually says. I am still not telling close friends and family about my explorations until I have enough of a grasp on the material to be able to make a clear case. At this point, I just don't know what to say. From sola scriptura to astrology is a mighty big leap!

All of this to say, thank you again for your guidance, as well as to others on this forum that I am building on. I have exactly $0 to spend on this pursuit at this time, and the smargasborg of the internet can be a little overwhelming without a basic menu.

Off to start printing/highlighting/notetaking with my eyes open...
--------------------------------
~DespiteMyself
03/20/71 San Francisco, CA 03:27 AM
pisces/aries, cap, cap

PS I'm going to go and try to figure out how to link a thumnail or link to my chart for a custom signature. If it doesn't show up I'll come back and add it later.
Very well put. The Church typically advised against the masses gaining too much knowledge and therefore not able to be controlled. They have typically used it themselves however for a long time. God created the Universe and we are part of it all. Keep them dumbed down and in fear has been the modus operandi of the church.

To be a genuine astrologer is to know that your beliefs only deepen when you know that there is a Godforce, whatever that may be, not a person as we know it and certainly not restricted to "He". I would suggest. We all know that the Bible has been adulterated, misinterpreted and edited to suit the prevailing authorities and their agendas.

Last edited by Claire19; 01-28-2011 at 05:17 AM.