What in someone's chart would make them generally attractive

Kingsley

Hello Redwolf

I have no idea, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some Scottish guys are ugly however they seem to have very attractive qualities about them too. They are handsome in unique ways.

If you use the ascendant and physical properties to rectify charts, some astrological bodies will fail you in exams. I cant really say Redwolf if you are attractive or not? Sometimes planets on the ascendant will add special qualities - such as Neptune. Glamorous and mysterious appeal perhaps.

Mars on the ascendant will give a man a more of a masculine look to others - stronger jaw line and expresses his leasership qualities which may be attractive to some. Mars in asc guy may not feel that he is alpha male but that is how other see him which then creates all sorts of misunderstandings.

So the planets in the ascendant have a greater expression in ones personality and that may be attractive to others. Whether the planet in the asc is representive of physical characteristics is debateable. Attractiveness has much to do with persona and familiarity - transference and what others prefer. Sorry if this post is disjointed - I am quite tired

kingsely

[deleted swear - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

4leafclovah

I am told by people that I am attractive, but I don't think its just looks but the energy I put out. My sun is Pisces/8th house and Leo asc.. I get so sick of men telling me that I am "intriguing'-it's so annoying because i don't make a conscious effort to do so. I am what I am. I am also very independent and I guess a lot of men prefer a girl they have to work on a bit- not that I really care one way or another.:rolleyes:

Spungie

If someone has relevent aspects like mars-venus trine. There is a higher chance someone else will have a positive aspect to both planets.
I guess this is 1 reason some people are considered more attractive.

barthelemy

Kingsley said:
Mars on the ascendant will give a man a more of a masculine look to others - stronger jaw line and expresses his leasership qualities which may be attractive to some. Mars in asc guy may not feel that he is alpha male but that is how other see him which then creates all sorts of misunderstandings.

[deleted swear - Moderator]

Oh man, I have this aspect! (and I’m a girl) When I was a lot younger (well actually, upto the age of 14….some people used to tease me a lot about looking like a boy, my really short hair really didn’t help either, you know?)

i have a very prominent jaw (of which I am obviously not a fan of) and my figure is not feminine at all….flat chest, no hips. Oh, and I looks a lot like my dad and nothing like my mum.

I do however have some of the aspects that have been mentioned in this thread:

Sun Conj. Venus
Sun Conj. Mars
Venus Sextile Pluto
Mars Trine Jupiter
Mars Trine Neptune

Oh and, both Venus,Mars and Sun is in Virgo for me (9th HS), my Moon(11HS) and Asc. is both in Scopio

I find that people never approach me for a date....as well so I can relate to what confusedpisces had said

BUT I do get told that I am beautiful by total strangers when I am on holiday, abroad!? (sometimes these complements occure where i live, but not as offten) My friends don’t complement my looks nor does my family.
i’ve been bullied severely though out my life (but that been very on and off) but never for my looks (but just about everything else in the book), in high school a few of my friends got picked on for being “ugly”

Last edited:

alliewar

Okay, a few people in this forum bring up how 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' or 'I like personality not looks' and etc. But we are talking about just looks, beautiful people, people considered physically attractive by most people, for example Leonardo Dicaprio, without even knowing this persons personality, we can all say hes unbelievably striking (especially in his younger days), everyone knows it. Since it is just about plain looks, shouldn't we look at Sun and Ascendant? Venus and Mars are about attracting and flirting, a trine would just give a more smooth charming complimenting attitude towards love, and a square can make a person come off a bit too strong and maybe awkward (bad flirting skills)?

Kingsley said:
Usually a Venus ruled ascendant with Venus trine the ascendant will show great beauty. Usually that would mean the asc ruler in the 5th house trine asc (a dexter aspect).
i find that mars is most attractive. in a similar way to what you have said here, Pam Anderson's chart has AC trine a 5th house mars. and just look how tight the orb is - 01' :eek:

Pam also has an extremely strong lilith placement. Pam's lilith the the action point of a boomerang configuration. opposing mars and quincunxing uranus/pluto and neptune. a truly stunning chart.

[deleted sexually explicit comment and picture - Moderator]

mars or lilith or both?​

Last edited by a moderator:

Serendipity

Fun reading thru this thread. Usually physically attractive people have emphasis on Taurus and Virgo whether it's planets in those signs or planets in those houses.
Venus/Mars conjunction or trine doesnt add physical attractiveness, just charm :) (said by a Venus trine Mars girl)

alliewar

pretty hard to find out the formula for attractiveness..
i dont know about taurus's being attractive, I know a guy with a taurus ascendant venus in the 7th, not too attractive, also short. And myself with Sun, mercury, jupiter in taurus house 2nd, im not the best looking girl. Usually Libra ascedants are very pretty, for example my friend has Libra sun, Libra rising and Venus in Virgo (wow what a combination) she is VERY pretty, except she doesnt think so.. Venus in her 12th. Someone else I know who is also unusually attractive, i say unusual because her facial features aren't in balanced, But she is Sun Libra, Venus in Virgo ascendant, she looks REALLY healthy, she just glows. hmm.. I say a good emphasis on Libra and Virgo could be it. I have seen a lot of people with Venus on the ascedent to be attractive but there are attractive peoplel with no sign of Venus. One chart confuses me though, he has Venus on his ascedent and Libra Mideheaven, hes not good looking at all.

piscesascendant

This is an interesting thread, and I'm glad people are very candid about saying that this is about physical looks and aren't soft-peddling it.

Although I'm not going to post my brother's chart (for one, it's family; two, I didn't get permission and wouldn't want to intrude on his privacy), he has Libra rising with his Venus in Taurus in the 8th house.

I, on the other hand... well, here's my chart:
astrologychartvt3.jpg

Now, I'll be blunt... over the years, I've noticed my brother has gotten more attention, he looked less geeky than me, etc. And this hurt. Still does. In general in life it just seems like things have worked out for him more. And to have it top off for him in looks just hurts all that much more.

All right, enough of the poor me drama junk. I've decided to participate in this thread because people are being blunt about talking about looks, not just "what makes someone attractive to be around". I realize that the title of the thread is about "attractive in general", yet the group seems to want to get down to brass tacks, which is appreciated.

My Venus, although conjunct ascendant and in a 12th house/1st house blend, does square my Neptune, so I'm wondering if that means I won't be aware of my looks, only others will (for good or bad) [beyond the elementary "disillusioned" interpretation]... or, otherwise I don't know what that might mean. I've recently been made aware that Venus conjunct the ascendant adds eroticism to the body. I definitely feel that, but I don't know if that contributes to good looks necessarily. I would like to think so, but am not sure.

Now, I've read that Angelina Jolie has her Venus conjunct Ascendant, but her's is in Cancer, not Pisces like mine. Still, to hear that comparison about Venus and to her gives even a guy hope, lol! Also, I know that George Clooney has Pisces rising, as does Robert Redford.

Sorry, not trying to be sweet on myself, but more like, keep my head above water. I've indicated in other threads that I get jealous of good-looking guys, and that still holds true. I was frankly shocked to read another guy responded right after me felt the same way.

To be honest, in an ideal world, I think it can be more important to compliment women on their beauty, and men on their chivalrous acts, only because I think it becomes a sore subject for women who haven't been appreciated/complimented on their looks (and there are all kinds of good looks, you unsure ladies, so don't despair!).

Point being, I'd like to be considered by people to have those down-and-dirty really desirable good looks than some lofty angelic fairness. I dunno... just a thought.

I've noticed that Brad Pitt had a ton of planets in his first house, with Sagittarius rising. Anybody thinking he's not handsome is on crack, lol!

Anyways, onward and upward!

Chimerical

don't know if this has been addressed..as I am new to interpreting BUT..
I just feel that Neptune would bestow an otherworldly kind of beauty (that just can't be rivaled)..
and I personally think aries people are attractive

Last edited:

piscesascendant

Another thing I'll say...

I attended an "energy circle" once. Not sure if that's the technical term, but that's what those who attended called it. Wasn't really a seance since no one was contacting "the beyond". Anyways, when we were going around the room and it came to my turn, somehow the conversation gravitated toward what others observed about me. They said just looking at me that I had a "foreign, traveled look" and that not everybody has that--according to them. Guess they meant that in a complimentary way. Point being, I'm guessing that comes from my mutual reception between Jupiter in the 1st and Neptune in the 9th (foreign affairs); also Neptune in Sagittarius (natural 9th house ruler). The few times I've been outside the U.S., I felt very at home, like I was traveling, yet wasn't.

piscesascendant

To add on, before people think I'm simply being sweet on myself, I think the Aquarian influences in my chart tend to off-balance any symmetry to my looks.

stardust7

I have also heard that Libras are generally attractive but I don't think it necessarily means in a conventional sense. I know a very strong Libra who is the consummate social butterfly, always well liked by a wide range of people, and yet she is not very physically attractive. In fact she never wears makeup, has frizzy hair she never does anything about, and a large hook nose. I think it's safe to say her "attractiveness" comes from her personality.:eek: Maybe it's Libra on the Ascendant? My husband has this and is quite attractive.

Star

stardust7

Chimerical said:
don't know if this has been addressed..as I am new to interpreting BUT..
I just feel that Neptune would bestow an otherworldly kind of beauty (that just can't be rivaled)..
and I personally think aries people are attractive

Chimerical, I think you are right. I have Neptune transiting top my Sun right now and a pic I took last year with my cam was described as "ethereal" by two different people. My daughter has Neptune conjunct her Ascendant in Aquarius and she is very uniquely pretty, I am often told.

Star

stardust7

deanna said:
Agreed mdinaz-

Attractiveness is determined by an astrological comparison between two

- De

Then how do you explain the beauty of a person that is well accepted by a large number of the public? Like Angelina Jolie, or Brad Pitt? I am quite sure that not every person who finds them attractive has significant connections in their charts with these two.

Star

MidnightxPoison

smilingsteph said:
This person I know is a total charmer! Sun in Virgo, Libra rising and Venus in Libra first house. Although a charmer, talk about a totally lazy guy!!! Pays a maid to take care of his house, fires her if he finds a piece of dust. Makes the girl get the takeout, makes her pay, then complains that the order was not right...nitpicks about your looks, your car, your wardrobe and so on!
I guess that is what you get with a virgo and libra mix!
A nitpicking charmer!!!!

I'm a Virgo with Libra ASC. :) And I'm totally lazy, lol. :D

piscesascendant

Originally Posted by piscesascendant
I've noticed that Brad Pitt had a ton of planets in his first house, with Sagittarius rising. Anybody thinking he's not handsome is on crack, lol!

Then I must be on crack. :)

Hey, nobody's perfect! ;)

MidnightxPoison

piscesascendant said:
Hey, nobody's perfect! ;)

I've never felt particularly the same way as the mainstream folk has done about some popular "hot" actors such as Brad Pitt.

I remember when I was younger and girls drooled whenever his name was mentioned. I always thought he was overrated.

The same with Robert Pattinson (Edward in the Twilight movie). Girls and even mummies find him super sexy. I don't. He's good looking but I wouldn't go crazy for him.

The ones I find sexy or attractive are Hayden Christensen, Ioan Gruffudd, Jonathan Crombie, Tom Cruise, Orlando Bloom (although he is more on the "cute" side, lol) and Christian Bale.

I guess I've just got different taste.