Sade Sati stuff: Saturn entering Sidereal (Lahiri) Scorpio

dhundhun

I posted this in "General Chat" section also.

Saturn changes Sidereal sign (tomorrow) so sade-sati changes. Many people start feeling better due to fact that sade-sati is over, where as many people start feeling of stress due to start of sade-sati.

Vedic sade-sati is based on Moon's position in sign and acts independently.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sade_Sati

In Tropical Degrees:

• Many people with Moon in Tropical Sagittarius 23 degree (approx) to Capricorn 23 degree (approx) might feel stress of sade-sati.
  • Whereas many people with Moon in Tropical Virgo 23 degree (approx) to Libra 23 degree (approx) might feel relief from sade-sati.
There is nothing equivalent to sade-sati in Western Astrology. So the influence of sade-sati can't be explained through Western System.

Sade-sati will be on three adjacent sidereal signs (Libra, Scorpio and Sagittarius).

Last edited:

Bina

Yes, hooray, my sade sati is finally over!!!!
I've been waiting for this for a looong time...
:smile::happy::smile::happy::smile:

SMB

Yes, hooray, my sade sati is finally over!!!!
I've been waiting for this for a looong time...
:smile::happy::smile::happy::smile:

Ya....Ya....Ya....Same thing here :smile: I am kanya rashi.

According to 3 panchangas, Saturn transit is happening today( with a bit of difference in timings )

But according to Vakya Panchangam, Saturn transit is happening on 16-12-2014...Even the Thirunallar temple is having Shani peyarchi festivities on Dec 16,2014. Here the link for more info -

http://www.softwareandfinance.com/M...14_25Oct_2017/Saturn_Transit_Predictions.html

8thstellium

Rishi,
I was only kidding about the seven year itch but as far as the link goes, I could not relate to a word of what she wrote!

dhundhun

"Seven years itch" is related to intimate relationship and marriages, in which people get bored with partner and start looking (or taking interest) in someone else.

Saturn sadi-sati (7 1/2 years) is entirely different.

In Vedic Astrology, Moon is very important like Sun in Wetern Astrology.

• In Vedic Astrology transits are done with reference to Moon
  • Western Sun Sign Astrologers do transits with reference to Sun
Saturn's cycle is about 29 years, Saturn living in one Zodiac/sign for 2 1/2 years. The sadi-sati goes like this:

• first 2 1/2 years Zodiac/sign before Moon - it is like 12th house effect, past kerma, things seemingly start going wrong for no reasons
  • second 2 1/2 years in Zodiac/sign of Moon - it is like 1st house effect, you tend to do wrong or things go wrong because you did not act
  • third 2 1/2 years in Zodiac after Moon - it has 2nd house effect, related to finances. Finances/sign go haywire due to first two parts
Vedic Yoga, Other Transits, Natal aspects, Dasa, etc. do modify how Saturn will act over this 7 1/2 period. But it is generally regarded as not good as it is restrictive. The 7 1/2 years is long duration and it tends to find gaps between modifiers (Vedic Yoga, Other Transits, Natal aspects, Dasa, etc.) to act and restrict.

Last edited:

RishiRahul

Rishi,
I was only kidding about the seven year itch but as far as the link goes, I could not relate to a word of what she wrote!

Oh! that was a nice one though!

Anyways it sounds similar.

7 is the number of realisations so there can be 7 year itches from so many angles; rather 7 year realisations from other angles

Safer to pit the begining of saturn's entry in Scorpio on 2nd. Nov 2014 with a minus of 12 days as the start point.

RishiRahul

Last edited:

Crystalpages

The "seven year itch" is the western equivalent of sade sati lol ;)

More like the 30 yr Saturn Return (tropical) on STEROIDS! <LOL>

Although sade-sati is not to be dreaded unconditionally! Not always bad and often quite the reverse in effect! ;-)

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

dhundhun

I have a surprising experience to share.

Pluto is transiting on my Par Fortuna and it was working very CRUELLY (Whether you use western tropical or Indian sidereal it does not change). I am in the process of selling home and this transit coincides with havoc going on my belongings (I need to sell, donate or throw everything).

With Saturn's move to Sidereal Scorpio (the sign in which my Moon is located), I suddenly became better managing that. Sort of in split hours (on Nov 2), I feel less attached to belongings.

Pluto is associated with regeneration - first part of regeneration is usually destruction.

There are several debates related to tropical or sidereal. This sudden changes re-enforces faith in sidereal zodiac.

Crystalpages

Dear Dhundhun ji,

Thanks for sharing your personal observation.
Would not Saturn's aspect operating on punya saham (PF which is utilized in jyotish although Tajik according to some is not!) now removed due to ingress of Saturn in scorpio not signify similar effects/experiences? This would then make pluto (questionably even a planet astronomically and certainly not a mainstream jyotish one) less necessary to justify the upheaval. Notable too is the presence of dwadashesha (Lord of 12th) from punya saham which brought matters to a 'keep or toss' point? Saturn tends to not glance mangal graha too kindly, generally speaking.

Additionally, the dispositor of the punya saham exalted can now cast its fifth drishti on Saturn by sign and thus has more benefic control over matters initiated by shani dev?

I am of course basing all this on the tid-bits you have shared in your post, and could be way off mark! :)

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

dhundhun

Would not Saturn's aspect operating on punya saham (PF which is utilized in jyotish although Tajik according to some is not!) now removed due to ingress of Saturn in scorpio not signify similar effects/experiences? This would then make pluto (questionably even a planet astronomically and certainly not a mainstream jyotish one) less necessary to justify the upheaval. Notable too is the presence of dwadashesha (Lord of 12th) from punya saham which brought matters to a 'keep or toss' point? Saturn tends to not glance mangal graha too kindly, generally speaking.

Additionally, the dispositor of the punya saham exalted can now cast its fifth drishti on Saturn by sign and thus has more benefic control over matters initiated by shani dev?

Dear Rohiniranjan Ji,

Yes.

1. Your observation of "ingress of Saturn in scorpio" is perfectly alright.

2. Your observation of "Saturn tends to not glance mangal graha too kindly" is perfectly alright.

3. Your observation of "the dispositor of the punya saham exalted can now cast its fifth drishti on Saturn" is perfectly alright.

Thanks and regards
-- Dhundhun
===========
The "ingress of Saturn in scorpio" is once in 29-30 years experience. Last time, I moved from one city to other city with a big truck of load. That move included moving plants. Moving with each and every thing.

This observation is important personal experience to re-enforce faith in Lahiri's ayanmansa for transit and re-enforce personal faith in WHOLE HOUSE TRANSIT (although I use now-a-days a lot ORB based transits).