Pluto in an Angular House

StillOne

I have a few friends with Pluto in the 1st house and they certainly appear to embody the archetypes of Pluto strongly in their character.

One particular "friend" has Pluto at the apex of a Thor's Hammer pattern and this individual often attempts to manipulate and control situations around him even though it's usually to his detriment. He has acknowledged he has issue with this. I have another friend with Pluto conjunct the Ascendant and this person is extremely magnetic without being overly handsome. This person controls his environment extremely well and much better than "friend" one described above. His sexual adventures are the stuff of legend and could fill romance novels for years presumably since his Pluto is in better condition than friend one.

Do you notice when Pluto is in an Angular House that the archetypes of Pluto come out stronger? Care to share any examples?

ps. I realize the whole chart needs to be considered. I'm trying to get some discussion going in this new section!

booboo

A friend of mine has pluto/mercury as apex of a Thor's hammer, and he truly does depict the qualities of pluto( maybe intensified by mars being too in the hammer?), but I have noticed that it is normally the negative qualities, be it jealousy, wanting to get back at people who he THINKS have wronged him etc. But his pluto is in the 12th house, not an angular, but it does conjunct the ascendant, and the ascendant too being in scorpio I guess intensifies this. On the other hand I have a friend with pluto in the first, apex of two t-squares, but I haven't noticed such behavior with her, the only thing pluto-related would be her newly discovered interest for astrology and esoterics. I don't know I guess with her the other things in the chart outweigh pluto.

StillOne

A friend of mine has pluto/mercury as apex of a Thor's hammer, and he truly does depict the qualities of pluto( maybe intensified by mars being too in the hammer?), but I have noticed that it is normally the negative qualities, be it jealousy, wanting to get back at people who he THINKS have wronged him etc. But his pluto is in the 12th house, not an angular, but it does conjunct the ascendant, and the ascendant too being in scorpio I guess intensifies this. On the other hand I have a friend with pluto in the first, apex of two t-squares, but I haven't noticed such behavior with her, the only thing pluto-related would be her newly discovered interest for astrology and esoterics. I don't know I guess with her the other things in the chart outweigh pluto.

Good reasoning booboo and certainly gives testament to analyzing the whole chart. My "friend" number 1 above certainly has a more challenged Pluto position and exhibits the traits of Pluto more negatively than friend number 2. Friend number 2 has Pluto as the apex of a minor grand trine and so seems to be able to weave his Pluto energy much better into his everyday life.

Moondancing

Premium Member
Pluto is in my 10th house and had a most profound effect on my life when the MH came to conj Pluto through Solar Arc at about 6 years of age. My mother abandoned 3 children under the age of 6. It was like a force of nature that had no regard for human standards of morality and ethics. For 5 years we were thrown into one household after another, who ever my father could talk into taking 3 children (he was tall, dark and handsome). Then he would take off and not return for months on end.

My life has been about transforming a life of potential madness to a healthy, stable, functioning adult. When my fears wanted to overwhelm me Pluto exposed them as a fantasy in my mind which gave me strength to go out and discover what was true. Long, slow process. Leo is on my 10th cusp and it's ruler Sun is in my first house in Scorpio. Which I thank for giving me a sunny attitude.

Moondance

amaranthinefall

I'm not quite up to speed on the significations of Pluto, would anyone care to give a general summary? I have Pluto in Scorpio in the First House within 5 degrees of the Ascendant.

Kitchy

Banned
Amarinthe - you have a picture of a metamorphosis cacooned butterfly caterpiller thing as your pic. I think you've already figured it out! The miracle of life that comes from the degeneration of that which can no longer survive as it was.

Nonetheless, Pluto on AC could be considered one cool cucumber - an individual who has great composure at times most needed, never setting sights on something that isn't already in their grasp. Pluto on first cusp gives a person a great sense of grasp - of themselves and how to react to others , but how it is used depends on the other factors of charts, for positive or negative. It is a powerful energy source for you if your other angular houses are fixed and within degrees - Pluto can bowl and dig through anything in its way in first house and the rest of the angles. Ain't always pretty, but it is always effective in purpose.

So, purpose comes into play in the angles if you have fixed signs on 1,4,7,10.

That's my cliff note belief of Pluto. After that, it's up for grabs by Moon relationship.

Last edited:

katydid

I'm not quite up to speed on the significations of Pluto, would anyone care to give a general summary? I have Pluto in Scorpio in the First House within 5 degrees of the Ascendant.

Pluto

from Ebertin:
Pluto/Asc-
"People exercising a fascinating power or influence upon others through their own peculiar personality. "

If you have a Moon connection to the Pluto this might be enhanced somewhat.

In my experience, people with Pluto conjunct Asc in Scorpio are very deep. They delve into everything much deeper than the average person does. And they have little time for small talk, or people who they deem shallow.

For that reason they may seem distant or detached at first. Some see it as arrogance, but others are entranced and fascinated and under your spell even?

Pluto/Ascendant natives can size up a situation very quickly. They see through others. They enter the room and know what is up. That in itself gives them a certain type of power and can be intimidating to others. It is also very sexy.

Pluto is very intrigued by mysteries and by finding the keys to unsolved matters. They are true historians and investigators, motivated by their own insatiable need to know. With Pluto on the Asc, you may take things into your own hands. If a surgeon tells you something about a loved one's case, you probably go and research it yourself deeply before agreeing to their advice. That is a good thing. But it may seem to put some people off as it might look like you do not trust others.

Last edited:

StillOne

I have transiting Pluto entering my 7th house and already it feels massive! Please see my other thread in this section.

katydid

Thank you both! I have Moon conjunct Pluto in Leo conjunct the Midheaven. :)

Oh My. My brother has Moon conjunct Leo on his Midheavan. That combo. Moon and Pluto, in Leo on the MC is very intense and volatile.

The square to the Moon may make it more of an internal struggle, although it is in the 10th, so maybe your family sees it sometimes. :tongue:

Moon in Leo on the MC, so you have a intuitive understanding of the public at large---and square to Pluto in Scorpio, you don't like what you see. :ninja:

NRodin

Pluto will definitely harden but also destroy wherever it hits, and when it hits an angular house, you can bet that the confidence and leadership of an individual will take a turbulent spin. The angular houses represent where we can instill change and growth, whether it is through our persona, emotional growth, partnerships, or world reputation, Pluto will destroy and recreate the potential for that house over and over again. It is really important for someone with Pluto aspecting an angular house positively to reel themselves in and not release too much energy onto others, since a conjunction/trine to the angular houses will create more confidence and egotism (opposition and square will restrict the energy, reducing the strength of the ego).

Your two friends whom have such different expressions of Pluto demonstrate the opposite polarities existing with this placement. Depending on how malefic we allow this placement to become, our personal ascendance and projections with others will vary, thus the contrast of your friends' behavior.

This is an aspect I haven't discussed much but it's quite interesting, good post. I have Pluto in a cadent house (sixth), so I find that my intensity is incredibly subdued, but gravitates so much fear and verklempt feelings from others my way (mainly at work), since my constant personal routine and body structure embodies such a strong allusion to danger.

daniel

i have a direct stationed Pluto in the first house conjunct my ascendant, conjunct a leo moon in the 12th house. my ascendant is the midpoint.

this is square a retrograde Scorpio mars on the cusp of the 4th house, which is opposite
my Taurus sun on the MC.

this sounds like a very controlling t square, but the energies have not manifested that way.
from my earliest memory, i remember being molested by a member of my family.
my first transformation, was in coming to terms with this and in realizing how potently
destructive i was to my life.

my second transformation was the sadness in my expression of the darker side of my sexuality, expressed when i was alone.

my third transformation began when i learned to meditate.

the recent new moon also caused me to re-evaluate my 7th house relationships,
after i allowed my self to get sucked into a bout of furious anger, the type of which i had not experienced for 30 years. This was an eye opener.

these transformations allow the dissolution, death of old, not needed patterns by
bringing them to the foreground. Thus allowing the disappointment which causes one
to review that toxic felling, behavior that they hold dear. This then dies allowing
the new to come of age.

i know i sound like a twelve stepper, but i am posting this to share that these aspect
patterns are a life long upward or downward spiral [ the choice is in the beholder ]

with love, daniel, who intermittently fans the fires of purification.

Cassiopeia

Libra Pluto & Libra Rising in my 1st. Not to sound conceited, but I'm very conscious about having a strong presence and transmitting a sexual energy.

I've always been interested in metaphysics, religion, death, tarot, astrology, eroticism etc. and I can easily become obsessed with things I'm interested in, with Venus related themes or with love interests (Pluto aspects Leo Venus).

I have Pluto in the 4H conjunct my sun. Early home life had lots of arguing and power plays. My father was someone to be feared. Currently I use it in my person for tenacity and stamina. I go through periods where old habits and thought patterns die and new views emerge and I'm never quite the same. I also like power plays when getting physical.
I suppose having planets in the 4H in general do not emerge as strongly as they would in the 1H or 10H, it's more of an internal motor versus a visible part of the personality or identity. I know someone who has a stellium in Scorpio that spans the 9H and 10H and when they walk into the room they scream that Pluto power.
As of late I'm at a period in my life where I use my 4H Pluto as a reserve that I can use when I need to. Like having an underground bomb shelter.

StillOne

Currently I use it in my person for tenacity and stamina. I go through periods where old habits and thought patterns die and new views emerge and I'm never quite the same.
I share the similar experience that you do in what I left of what you wrote. This has happened quite bit to me in my life and keeps happening (rebirth, if you will) although it's not as often as it used to be since it was forced quite rapidly when I were younger. It's also quite a bit more difficult now, when it happens, as compared to when I were younger due to the emotional content involved.

I suppose having planets in the 4H in general do not emerge as strongly as they would in the 1H or 10H, it's more of an internal motor versus a visible part of the personality or identity. I know someone who has a stellium in Scorpio that spans the 9H and 10H and when they walk into the room they scream that Pluto power.
Again I agree. Since I have Pluto in the 4th, it does seem that this energy is much more internal and not projected outwardly as much like my friends do with Pluto in the 1st. It's interesting how different it is, yet it is also similar in ways.

As of late I'm at a period in my life where I use my 4H Pluto as a reserve that I can use when I need to. Like having an underground bomb shelter.
I think it interesting, then, how that would match with whichever sign is on the 4th house cusp.

I read a website recently that talked about the MC/IC axis and some of what the author said about mine were eerily true.
http://marianneohagan.com/astrology...s/?PHPSESSID=3f8f3585a9a340285f521e320a07cf8a

StillOne

Libra Pluto & Libra Rising in my 1st. Not to sound conceited, but I'm very conscious about having a strong presence and transmitting a sexual energy.
This is friend 2 that I described in my OP. He has Libra rising with Pluto in the 1st. I think he's actually very surprised about what happens to him sexually. It's like he can make a lot of things happen that others usually don't. What's funny is that I can see through it all, since I understand him (and astrology!). However, there are a lot of people that just get captivated and it's as if he can do no wrong! :w00t:

I've always been interested in metaphysics, religion, death, tarot, astrology, eroticism etc. and I can easily become obsessed with things I'm interested in, with Venus related themes or with love interests (Pluto aspects Leo Venus).
There's not a lot of interest in 9th house matters, yet, for either of the two I mentioned since Saturn occupies and is challenged in both charts. Obsession, however, is definitely a theme for both.

Thanks for sharing!

StillOne

This is an aspect I haven't discussed much but it's quite interesting, good post. I have Pluto in a cadent house (sixth), so I find that my intensity is incredibly subdued, but gravitates so much fear and verklempt feelings from others my way (mainly at work), since my constant personal routine and body structure embodies such a strong allusion to danger.
Such a great comment in light of this thread! Thanks for mentioning it!

If all of this stuff mentioned here about Pluto doesn't confirm it I don't know what will.

sibylline

I have Pluto in the 4th, which makes a (too wide, IMO) 8 degree square to my Ascendant. I agree with jamandjelly.

I did once have a woman run up to me on the train and ask, "Are you a Scorpio?" but I also have my chart ruler (Sun in Pisces) in the 8th house trine Pluto and Mercury in the 7th partile square Pluto so that could have been what she was picking up on.

I know others with an angular Pluto but it is difficult to pick apart from the other energies in their chart...

My boyfriend has Pluto conjunct the Descendant (but from the 6th hse). He has been described as the "strong and silent type", but his Moon is in the 12th hse opposed Pluto so I'm sure that is part of it.

My father has Pluto exactly conjunct the MC and before they know him, people usually see him as intense, powerful, and private. He also has an 8th house stellium including the Sun and Moon, however.