Astrology Software

Flowergirl

Thank you very much, I'm busy looking into them... wish I could afford them all. :whistling:

Cosmiccradle

I am after free chart rectification software... any ideas?

I spent many years searching and trying all types of rectification methods. I will do my best to find some time this weekend to give you my thoughts and experiences.

I would say that there's no really good rectification software to be had. The most important thing about rectification is knowing the planetary contacts that are needed, most rectification work is visual. A constant moving the hands of the clock of the horoscope so to speak to see what matches and what doesn't. Often when you find a good conjuction or opposition, parallel or contra-parallel, inconjunct, very rarely do I use sextile or trine, you only find that the other date that fitted nolonger fits.

The best method that has always worked for me is primary directions 4 minutes for a year, secondary progressions, one day for one year, after that sign and house ingress, and last but not least containment. And I am still a strong believer of the Pre-Natal Epoch, but I agree it needs research and work.

I print out all the tables, look at what type of contacts are being made, move the hands of time so to speak and see how many dates fit. One must however be wary of fitting times and dates, I have already posted about this elsewhere. In short not all events in our lives fit to the day when we are using rectification. Things can happen on day 1 and hit us emotionally a month later. Not all events sink in right away, or have an effect on us. That is why letting software do the work for us can be dangerous. What we find must be within the realm of reason, a birth time that falls 30 to 40 minutes away from the given time is something that we should be wary of.

Do the work yourself and you will have a good chance of finding the correct time.

Last edited:

Shuter

Hi everyone,

i am searching a software for mundane astrology. Basically what i need is a function for searching constalation, like "Find every cardinal croos in between 1700-1800" or "Find Uranus 0Ar0 in tha between 1500-2000".

Anyone knows a software that could do that?

tobby

I'm looking for a software as close as possible to the one of astro.com which creates nice looking maps, is there something like that?

Anachiel

I don't see that Janus was mentioned. It is a powerful and affordable program and even includes the ability to do astro-locality with some pretty great maps, if you are into that. Anyway, I think its a deal for all that is included with it.

Zaphod

I'd like to suggest Morinus. It's a free download, you just need Python and a few other things on your computer, but the programmer explains everything pretty well on the page. It seems best for more advanced astrologers, but I'm sure newbies could use it too, with a little background knowledge of course. No bugs that I have noticed. It has a lot of great features for medieval and traditional astrologers as well. The one thing that irritated me is that you cannot have orbs set to greater than 17 degrees. This was frustrating as I wanted to set the Sun's orb to 18. But, really not that big of a deal. Has anyone else ever used this?

Based on your suggestion, I downloaded it yesterday. It took a bit to figure out the Python stuff but it all works together seamlessly once it's installed. I did have one issue, though. I downloaded the Traditional program first since I'm moving in that direction now. Then I downloaded the Modern program with all the planets and asteroids and installed it in a different directory. I figured I'd use them independently. But when I created and saved "modern" charts in that program, I could only access them in the "traditional" program. I think it's because I wasn't paying close attention to the folder path they went to when I saved them, or perhaps the program isn't precise enough on the look-up. Also, I couldn't find a "print" function. Looks like you have to save them as images (".bmp" or ".jpg") and print them from the Windows picture folder.

Someone I know who is an experienced traditional astrologer says Morinus is "outstanding for a freebie." So far I fully agree.

cjc

After many, many years using Matrix programs, I have to say you're mostly right. I've had great service from their staff... BUT, nothing but problems with their software. Their programs seem to need updated with every change in Windoze, and I used to be one of their biggest supporters..

I just gave up and stick to one or 2 functions as needed. At my stage of the game, not worth spending a ton on new software.

Moog

Hey, great thread. I already had astrolog, but I got Starfisher from this thread, and it's really good, I like it a lot.

I'm trialling Janus which is very good, a lot more depth and features, I bet I've hardly tapped what can be done with it.

Is there a demo for Kepler/Sirius? I had a quick look but didn't find anything.

SagiCap

Various astrology software are there, which are best and are very helpful. Some of the astrology software are HOROSOFT Online Astrology Software, Horosoft™, Astrology Software, TRIPLE-S SOFWARE and many more.

I gave this one a try and read incredously. It's absolutely the opposite for me. The kicker was this statement on my natal:
"You will not be happy in life."

What the heck? Did anyone else have a similiar exact opposite description? It's too weird...

JUPITERASC

Hey, great thread. I already had astrolog, but I got Starfisher from this thread, and it's really good, I like it a lot.
I'm trialling Janus which is very good, a lot more depth and features, I bet I've hardly tapped what can be done with it.
Is there a demo for Kepler/Sirius? I had a quick look but didn't find anything.

There's Starlite Freeware from Cosmic patterns http://www.patterns.com/freeware.htm although you may already have that :smile:

SagiCap

A Request: Anyone know of an online or freeware/shareware astro program that is animated? I liked Clairvision but I think they discontinued that? I like to see my horaries in motion and visually - easier to understand. Thanks!

Anachiel

A Request: Anyone know of an online or freeware/shareware astro program that is animated? I liked Clairvision but I think they discontinued that? I like to see my horaries in motion and visually - easier to understand. Thanks!

If I remember correctly, there is a small, free program from AIR Software called Astro-Clock. It allows you to change the time/date/location, of course, and then set it on forward motion, so you can see how the planets move through the hours and days, etc.