Venus' House number = physical attractiveness?

kyle8921

qT1dF0INA3W9Q2e201Oq-9UuZbRUh-KJ00A0.jpg

www.kyle8921.blog.com (Lot's of pics of me here)

Unfortunately, I think I look terrible in pictures... I look so much better in real life...

I've got Aquarius Rising, and Venus in House 1 Aquarius.

B

BroodingMooodlin

Yeah, my mercury and sun are both in Aquarius in my 7th house, except I think my mercury is more toward the cusp of my eighth house - hmm, mercury retrogade, go figure.

By the way, I have a stellium (I think that's what it's called...) in Sagittarius in the fifth. I hope that doesn't mean I'm going to have children! :lol: Doesn't Saturn in the fifth signify bareness (hopefully for me it does)?

MidnightDevil

I got sun in Pisces, Taurus rising and Libra moon... I score myself 10 and I also use long hair :D

Mayrilin was too busy showing off her body? She's geminis, I think its something rather easy for a geminis to do!

AquariusMoon said:
Venus harmoniously aspecting the ascendent would give great looks, especially the conjunction. This would include Taurus rising or Libra rising, though not everyone with Taurus or Libra rising is fabulous looking. Venus cj Mars or Pluto gives sex appeal, Venus trine Mars, Venus trine Pluto.

Venus if well aspected in any sign or house is always a plus.

J

Jufht

Hello. I think this thread on Venus is very good adventure into trying to learn and understand astrology/planets...though very much on the beginner level. The perspective discussed throughout the thread is one of shallowness and very typical of the sexest and racist influences of society. This is perhaps why most sites dealing with anything about looks/beauty become analretentive ...delving, exploring, and exposing their own inner search and insecurities...as well as a subconcious revolt to the social programing. Most threads of this nature refer mostly to women; sexually, physically and European/American based at that. It however even worst when those isms go applied to others as well. If one were to be honest in your heart of hearts is not this the standard by with most of you looks at yourselves and the world?. The answer of course is yes...Its easy to try to clear things up after the fact and go trying to proof differently..however this thread is dead in the water..red handed...and tacky. Regardless of how you process it or not...its a fact...and no more blairing than on this thread...astrology also is full of both as anything else it has not escaped those shapings..yet is not trapped by it. The younger people are they can often have a less experienced perspective that over time hopefully ripens into some measure of wisdom. "Personal perference" ; funny terms since so much of our lives if constantly factored before we know it. BTW the original post actaully did include men so just acknowledging that as well as the fact that the original post was not nearly as shallow as the direction the responses took it into. Venus has also some not to great qualites self-absorbed narcissism...as so well expressed in this thread... though it may certainly think not and belives its well meaning..but mostly naive.

Venus is in a house of its detriment..but 1st house is also a Cardinal house..also noted for its strength. If you are JUST going to look at beauty..there are other things to consider along with Venus placement.
I would encourage you to become familar with traditional/earlier based astrology information...although a labyrinth and quite full of debate...you at least get some idea of where what you learn today is derived from or not. The question of the original post is not their theory but has valid It wouldn't hurt to look at Vedic later and other perspectives to broaden your horizons. The roots the changes that modern astrology has taken is also worth studying...since many things are no longer used yet still valid and nontheless worth knowing about. In trying to discern physically features a lot comes along with that in looking at a chart. In any case Venus by house, sign, temperment, degree, aspects, diurnal/nocturnal birth and placements, decanate, face, terms, retrograde, station, and much more as well as other placements such as the Moon for example but not limited to it..that may offset or contribute positively to the placement. Theres a whole world in a chart once you start considering fixed starts, Trans-Neptunian Points, Arabian Parts..which would of course be later on one you look at more primary things to assess the general direction and strength of a chart or planet/light. You have to study charts...your own and people you know...those you don't then you will have to see if its bears out upon further dealing with the person. Its a learning curve..not a judgment call on the part of the astrologer or chart reader/student. Theres lot to explore...the chart is not meant to represent a static situation per say...but an unfolding, cycles...certain things.. even looks/beauty can evolve over time. There are probably many a starlette who was dorky guy or gal with Venus in Asc or first. A progessed chart scould shows early effects on ones life which might only be hinted at in the natal. Venus can also be in its symbolism..charm, and interest in what is considered beautiful..the arts for example. First house Venus might depending on the rest of the chart as well feel as if it has to be or show the Venusianism of itself because the first house is also about what people think they should identify with as opposed to being that way. Venus is seen as ruler of Taurus and Libra not to mention its fall, exaltation, and detriment signs. In more ways than one could reach out to the world from ones first house and and affect others as beautiful. We've all seen people who have a charm and a way of attracting and still not be what anyone would consider per that environment, time, place as even remotely attractive, cute, beautiful. Venus on Asc or first can also attract lots of beauty, charm, and kind things to them with or without trying...if the rest of things bears that out astrologically. Sometime too is the mere spirit...the energy..and of the planetary influence that can take or have effect or be seen by the onlooker and taken in a certain way. You can sometimes block yourself from see alternatives when you are looking for something to be a certain way or not. Its not all a physical manifestation. Venus on Asc or first house has more to it than given credit on this tread thus far and certainly than I can credit in this post.

You gals/guys definitely need to grow up. Take the time look deeper ..its not just reading books in your local astrology store or section...nor does it mean you have to get a degree. I've hinted at some paths...it sjust to say that the view on this thread is nonetheless sorely pat copy/paste repeatitions from contemporary astrology and lack of deeper self examination. Get passed the veneer.

Aleph

Jufht said:
You gals/guys definitely need to grow up. Take the time look deeper ..its not just reading books in your local astrology store or section...nor does it mean you have to get a degree. I've hinted at some paths...it sjust to say that the view on this thread is nonetheless sorely pat copy/paste repeatitions from contemporary astrology and lack of deeper self examination. Get passed the veneer.

For a first post, that sure sounds condescending. This is a forum for people of all levels of astrology, some could be considered masters, others (like myself) newcomers. Thats why this forum is so useful, a place where people can ask questions and get different perspectives. The main problem I have with your argument is the dissing of the reading of astrology books. What is wrong with this? Is that not a good place to start? I have relied on books, and the internet for all of my study thus far, and definitely do not appreciate them being portrayed in a negative light. They (the books-- and the people that I'm sure you have insulted) have been immensely helpful to me so far.

Good day,
Aleph

Summery Joy

Wow.. what a discussion :)

OK. I'm probably late partcipating but I've just joined. I have developed an idea about Venus and physical attractiveness and I'd like to share it. I have to admit that I didn't read all of you posts thouroughly enough, so it's possible that one of you had said it already.

So, yeah, I kinda agree with Kyle. Venus in the first house gives great looks. It does so in the twelfth house too but only when it is in conjunction with the ASC. I've also noticed that venus in aries make the face the most beutiful part of the body. But we still have to consider other placements. Capricorn ACS, for example, gives a look that is not unattractive but more serious than beutiful. Also Taurus and and Libra ASC give, at least, charming looks. But still, we have many other factors to consider.

For instance, my twin sister and I are not identical so we do not look very much alike. She has her ASC in Taurus and I Have mine I Gemini (cool, huh.. 10 minutes made that difference). Everyone, including me, thinks that she is more "beutiful" but I am more "attractive". We both share the same sun sign, leo. Bu evidently, my Gemini ASC gives me more charisma and helps me communicate much easier with different types of people and be geniunly interested in very different types of characters.

I'm sure aspects to venus and the ASC affect looks too. I just dont know how :) I also think that the genetic influence is very powerful. Oh, also most Libra and Taurus sun-sign natives I know look quite pretty. Not they they all qualify to be models, but none of them has a facial feature that out of proportion like a big nose or too tiny eyes. You know what I mean? The one Libra I know that people say has a "strange looking face" is very charming and girls were usually allover him until he got married (to my sister ... hehe).

Well. My theory is too new to apply to everyone and needs lots and lots of refining, but I still agree that venus in the first house has a very favourable effect on looks if all alone without any other placements to ruin its effect.

Light

Juhft

Aleph wrote :
For a first post, that sure sounds condescending.

I quite agree. I found it more offensive than the original post. This forum is one of the few where beginners are allowed to post or air their views without condescending replies. They are made to feel welcome. Does it matter if a post is trivial and light hearted? There is quite a lot of imformation hidden amongst the 'trivia'. It doesn't matter how we learn astrology, as long as we learn.

You wrote:
The younger people are they can often have a less experienced perspective that over time hopefully ripens into some measure of wisdom

Whilst being true, it is necessary to remember that the young are the next generation of astrolgers. They are what will keep astrology alive, long after you and I have gone. Let them use 'trivia' if that's what it takes to anchor the topics into their minds.

Its a learning curve..not a judgment call on the part of the astrologer or chart reader/student. Theres lot to explore...the chart is not meant to represent a static situation per say...but an unfolding, cycles...certain things.. even looks/beauty can evolve over time.

Yes, astrology is a learning curve. A very steep learning curve. We all have to start somewhere, though. Interest in other 'departments', looking deeper into the meanings of combinations will all come in time, as our knowledge of astrology expands (I am a complete beginner). Time.

Can you remember what you were like when you first studied astrology?
How does it compare to your attitude now? Or were you one of the lucky ones to study 1:1 with a master? Help the beginners (old and young), wisdom is for sharing. Don't insult them with a superior attitude. Astrology needs them.

hel

What an interesting little thread, must have missed this one. I do wonder if where Venus is placed is one of your most attractive parts of your body. I have Venus in Capricorn, which I read once gives you good bone structure I don't have high cheek bones, I have long legs but very rarely show them, I love wearing trousers, and wearing my boyfriends clothes because they are so comfortable. And someone on the thread was talking about the 5th house and attraction I have Capricorn on the 5th house, I do remember reading something ages ago about a woman offering 5th house readings and she was claiming she knew how you would meet your partner. I wish I could remember the article but I can't. :rolleyes:

FleetingDasein

I'd love to read that article, Shining Ray! I hope you remember it someday.

I'm gonna side with the genes on this issue. The stars help bring out what's already there. From what I've seen there can be various indications that the person is good looking but it doesn't mean the person is. I just became a little skeptic about finding a correlation between beauty and venus after looking at some charts. The report can tell you over and over again that the person will likely be a magnet for the opposite sex, but it isn't necessarily so. It's a tricky thing really.

My venus is badly aspected except for the trine with my ascendant. I'm actually good looking (or at least most people say so) but I don't consider myself as such. My Venus(in Libra/7th house) is square Saturn and Neptune. I've always had to deal with low self esteem and lack of confidence even when I've got good genes.

So who knows really?

Lissa

I missed this one too,very interesting discussion going on here!!!Oh oh oh,I have Venus in Aries,Sorehearted said we have beautiful faces:D,I wouldn't say so though.I actually like my body better than my face.However,I don't know if Aries rules the head only or everything that's inside it,if so then I would definetely say my brain is the most atractive part of my body...:p

Arianedreams

I have Venus in Aries in 3rd squaring my Asc in Capricorn and I guess I look ok but I am definately not pretty. I always hoped that one day I would turn into more of a swan but no luck.

QuaOs

Shining Ray said:
I do wonder if where Venus is placed is one of your most attractive parts of your body.

Wow, then I have a pair of attractive kidneys. :D My Venus is in Libra 8th. :venus: :libra:

On the other hand, I suppose it more likely to be that location of Venus indicates where we find beauty in ourselves and others.

Hey, imagine me holding surgical knife, cutting open that cute girl's stomach and oh, how beautiful, beautiful kidneys :p

Well, it seemed good for the world I didn't choose to be a doctor... (but I practised sort of healing, must be that condensed focus to Chiron)

chiraz

physical attractiveness is indicated by the following:

when VENUS(beauty) aspects NEPTUNE(the ruler of cutie pisces) in the natalchart.
when VENUS(beauty) aspects URANUS(the ruler of georgeous aquarius).
when VENUS(beauty) aspects ASCENDANT(the ruler of physical features).
when VENUS(beauty) aspects PLUTO(the ruler of magnetic scorpio).
when VENUS(beauty) is in HOUSE 1(the ruler of the physical self).
when ASCENDANT(physical apearance) is in LIBRA,PISCES, or AQUARIUS.
when a Planet esp.(moon or Ascendant) is in 28 degrees of Scorpio.
when a Planet esp.(moon or Ascendant) is in 17 degrees of Leo.
when a Planet esp.(moon or Ascendant) is in 6 degrees of Taurus.
when a Planet esp.(moon or Ascendant) is in 5 degrees of Virgo.
when a Planet esp.(moon or Ascendant) is in 24 degrees of Libra.
Also when SUN, NEPTUNE, or URANUS aspects Ascendant in natal chart.
When a Planet esp.(moon or Ascendant) is in 22 degrees of virgo.
Also when VENUS(beauty) aspects SATURN=>(this aspect usually show people who grow to look more attractive & age gracefully).

These are just a few they could be more.just do some research. :)..thanx

Last edited:

byjove

Account Closed
Well, I've no intentions on joining a hot or not contest, I'll leave that up to non-astrological websites and any site that revels in narcissism and self-obsession.

Meanwhile, I think Venus can add various elements to attractiveness, as mentioned and I agree, Venus and Pluto aspects are a good example. I also think Mars and it's aspects add the more physical allure. It depends on what you want, muscles, then Mars and Jupiter/Sun, dark and brooding would be Venus and Pluto. There is a wide mix of possibilities there. I also agree that the ASC (and ruler I suppose) have a primary importance.

I like mature, intelligent, ambitious people, often a few years older than me, I like a kind nature and I have a weakness for good dancers (not performance people). I'm not attracted to models etc. I don't get it, for me it's irrational nonsense. I can see where my tastes come from: Cancer rising, Virgo Moon in 3rd, Venus in 9th of Pisces, Capricorn on the 7th, Sun trine Saturn, Mars in 11th of Gemini, Mercury on MC in Pisces (movement, music, dancing). No mystery there.

I just have to throw in the curved ball; there is as much psychology as philosophy to this. Surely we have all met someone who was convinced they were delicious, but that was more their opinion and non everyone's. The opposite is also true - you could be very attractive and not know it ever - one way that can happen is modesty, you would have a very different perspective on this.

I should say, the few people I've met who has absolute universal sex appeal were very unfaithful, slept around like it was the last day on earth and had an easy path because people drooled over them.

Rebel Uranian

I was just wondering if this is accurate.

I have Venus in House 1, and I'd say I'm pretty attractive. My friend Steve, though, has Venus in House 12. From what most girls say... he's pretty unattractive... I mean... very.

Some of my friends who have Venus in House 6 or 7 seem about average. It seems the further along Venus is, the less attractive someone becomes.

Another friend of mine has Venus on the border (at 0 degrees exactly) in House 1 and 2, and she's very attractive also.

To further prove this point, George Clooney had Venus in House 1. I bet many more good-looking people do too.

Is there any connection?

I have Venus in h12 and it's not aspecting the Ascendant. A lot of people call me pretty but I don't believe them. No, I'm not posting pictures. I'm a paranoid Saturninian (or Saturnian, or just saturnine person?) and there's no way anyone's going to get me to.

Kyle,

Venus focused in the 12th house is Venus focused in the house of its exaltation, indicating that it is very strong. Venus focused in the 1rst house is Venus in the house of its detriment, indicating that it is weakened. Venus is, in part, about relating to others and the 12th house is an area which "dissolves" us into others, which is very powerful relating! The first house is about asserting ourselves, which is the opposite of relating, so Venus is challenged here. As was mentioned, a person who is "attractive" may have other factors than Venus in their chart which give them that attractive quality.

Explaining,

Tim

There is no house of detriment or exaltation. There is "its own House" and "its Joy" but they're completely different concepts. Venus's house is the 5th, the house of Leo, and Saturn's Joy is the 8th, the house of Scorpio. Venus is not domiciled in Leo and Saturn is not exalted in Scorpio.

Last edited:

Mikha

I was just wondering if this is accurate.

I have Venus in House 1, and I'd say I'm pretty attractive. My friend Steve, though, has Venus in House 12. From what most girls say... he's pretty unattractive... I mean... very.

Some of my friends who have Venus in House 6 or 7 seem about average. It seems the further along Venus is, the less attractive someone becomes.

Another friend of mine has Venus on the border (at 0 degrees exactly) in House 1 and 2, and she's very attractive also.

To further prove this point, George Clooney had Venus in House 1. I bet many more good-looking people do too.

Is there any connection?

Yes i agree.I have Venus in 7th House and i'm average looking.:happy: