Mmm... troublesome uranus?

Nice to see a member at least try here -- could you please post the natal and/or bi wheel please, cos I don't read the SR as a stand alone. It's important to see which house the SR Asc falls in -- will be the main theme/house components.

Also you posted in the incorrect forum. We have a SR forum and have asked mods to move for you.

Solar returns
http://cafeastrology.com/interpretingsolarreturns.html
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12694
http://wiki.astro.com/astrowiki/en/Solar_Return_Chart
http://www.maryshea.com/sr.html

The house in which the Sun falls in the SR chart is the birthday month's forecast and influence, and each house after is the following month, since the Sun transits at the rate of one sign or house per month. Each house is treated as events in that month, and the sign and planet ruling the cusp influences the outlook for that month. The chart is used like a clock, with 12 months on its face instead of 12 hours. As the Sun conjoins or aspects other planets in the SR, it will generate events
http://www.typhonvision.com/art-solarreturn.htm

starlink

tag.png
trashcan_small.gif
subscribed.gif
How to interprete a Solar Return Chart.

This thread might help you further in delineating your Solar Return. Yes, preferably do keep the natal chart next to it. You can interprete the SR chart by its own, but I find this not enough.
Yes, do use the place you live now, not your birthplace (but no harm glancing at that as well if you like).

You see, birthcharts are giving our basic traits, but of course they move on, by progression. Another way of looking what they are likely to "do" in the year to come is looking at their placement in the Solar Return chart. When Venus at birth is lets say, in your 5th, but this year in your SR in your 7th, then it is possible that you could be more focussed on serious relationships (7th), rather than flirts and having fun.(5th). And this for all the other personal planets. With the transsaturnal planets, you should primarily look at the effect they will have this SR year in a specific house. They are only showing more of a character trait when natally , they are ruler of your Asc., Moon or Sun I found. If not, they will just show in which area you need more discipline and order (Saturn), change (Uranus) of imagination applied (Neptune).

Most important where the SR Ascendant falls in your Natal chart. When very close to the next house, then take that house. Then Sun of course (selfexpression, ego) and Moon (your emotional life).

starlink

0.7re, when I look at your natal chart and the SR chart for the reference place, where you are now, which I always take, then indeed the SR Asc. falls in Capricorn and that is your natal 5th house! Yes, there is a good indication here that the house of children will be the focus for this year. Also the NN falls in there, another indication. I Will give you the link to the article on how to interprete a SR chart. Read that carefully through, compare with your own SR and see what you can find.

tag.png
trashcan_small.gif
subscribed.gif
How to interprete a Solar Return Chart. Here it is!

Last edited:

gemini59

And then you add in precessed or nonprecessed:) Astro.com won't give the precessed chart. What you see on the astro.com is nonprecessed. Precessed takes into account some movement of the sun ...and I don't have the math for it.
I use solar for where I am now and I compare it to the precessed chart using astrowin software (which is free software by the way..great stuff).
So with your chart...
Fifth natal house rising puts the fifth/11th house axis as a focus.
Of very important note is the north node exact on the cusp of the solar first.
North node implies fate at work.
And we see mars on the 7th cusp...quite significant.
Highest or most prominent in the chart is sun (a male figure will be focus)
Welll you whole first natal house stellium is at the MC. It appears that the sun is dead on the MC. This implies your first house stellium and all its energy has a public outlet this year either through work, recognition or change in status.

gemini59

Okay you have me most confused. Which chart is the one you are now (and I would advise editing out the location).?

Last edited:

gemini59

Never mind...I have been up to long. So using your current location takes uranus off of the angle however it does put mars/conflict there in the south node position.
Saturn is your chart ruler for this solar return and it rules your natal north node.
Saturn is transiting your first house this year and we see it in the solar 9th house indicating this sombering, serious, limiting force playing out in the house of education, clergy, and judicial as well as your, as I now understand it, state of mind.
This idea of a serious state of mind is emphasized by several things. Mercury, ruler of communications, conjoins saturn. Mercury also rules movement. It also rules your 9th house increasing this idea of serious ideas and thoughts. Can also imply a change in agreements as mercury rules agreements and is ruler of your 9th. Loverely Venus is there also ruler of relationships and harmony. All in the solar 9th...
Venus can represent a loved one or a lover or just your ideas on beauty and refinement.
This is the saturn focus and aspects.
We see the sun at the top of the chart on the 9th house side indicating again this 9th house as an area of action and since prominent will be a very busy year for you.
We see that venus, ruler of solar 5th, is joined by saturn which tells the story of the fifth and 11th house axis focus.
Since in solar you look at house polarity we also look at the 11th where we see Pluto as ruler. Pluto is playing a very significant role this year by transit to your natal planets with its conjunction to jupiter.
Now jupiter is also the traditional ruler of the 9th house or legal, education etc.
We see pluto transiting jupiter in the solar 12th. The 12th house is things hidden to you, insecurities, confinement, hospitals.
The year I had a 12th house focus was the year I started work in a rehab. hospital working with folks recovering from injuries so it is not all bad.
It has several implications but this pluto/jupiter conjunction does indicate transformation/expansion. Pluto at the 0 degree can imply having to call in an advisor or advisor.
Saturn will conjunct your natal first including pluto, mars, and moon. This alone tells us your mood will become quite serious. It appears it will play itself out through the dynamics of the 9th house as well as 5/11 axis.
What kinds of things were happening around your birthday? This time will often give you clues as to what might unfold through the year.

gemini59

The solar return shows a pattern for the year but the good news is does not happen all year. The suns placement tends to show where most of the activity is and in a cadent house indicates that it should happen in the latter part of your solar return. However, if there is a predominance of planets in other houses (looking only at solar planets) than that will tell the activity level. Observe the sun as it passes around the solar return to note activity. Angles show an increase in activity.
Look at your progressions and solar arcs. No two years are the same. I get panicked too when I look to far ahead. It may not be terrible. These are just indicators. A lot depends on your response to energy. Somethings can not be changed and will happen willy nilly. Look for the nodes on those issues.

gemini59

On Astro.com you can add transits to the solar return. Just watch the suns movement. I downloaded Astrowin software and they have solar arcs. Look at solar arc with natals and just look for conjunctions, oppositions, semi-squares, squares and sesqui. (sorry about the spelling).

starlink

I will have to learn more about solar arcs to make sense of the information.

07.Re, dont beat yourself up over this. I did not even look at Solar Arc directions until I had done 20 years of astrology with good result, using only the Progressions and transits. Solar Arc is an extra in all this, not a necessity per sé.

My SR moon is in the fourth house / taurus. Should I and if so, how do I combine this interpretation with the moon transits throughout the year? Do I even do that?
No, dont. The Moon moves way too fast. It usually works as trigger to existing progressions, making them come into existence.
Just take in account that SR Moon falls in the 4th house in your SR chart. Where is it in your birthchart? This year your Moon qualities, emotions and such, will be focussed on 4th house issues, seen by the SR chart. You can also look where the SR Moon falls in your natal chart this year and you probably also get there some emotional issues to deal with.

In the natal chart ,Progressed Moon is important to look at. It moves about 1-1.5° per month so you can then see if in that year it will make an aspect with another planet in your birthchart. If so, then see if in the SR that is also reflected.

In the beginning it is always a bit of moving from one to the other until you get the feel of it. That's why keeping it very simple indeed is what you should do. Forget about Solar Arcs!

starlink

....it makes me want to learn everything now and double quick.

Now, honestly O7, tell me, who is chasing you but yourself???

Learning as much as you want is great, but why double quick? And also, we just dont have to know e v e r y t h i n g in astrology. In my opinion it is better to concentrate on one thing than to be all over the place and inevitably far more superficially so, in every subject you can think of.

You have to learn to prioritise. Nobody will think you are dumb or worse (this is what we always are afraid of ourselfves of course, it is hardly ever someone else telling us this in our faces!) and they will tell you your are awsome, when you are good at just one or two things. You dont have to be a walking library or Wikipedia O7, really not! Take that stress off your back. It is all those intercepted planets of yours, as I explained in the other thread which are turning you into this sort of expectation about yourself. That Saturn likes to learn and study and it affects your Sun and Moon, clearly :)

Astrology takes years and years to learn and if you want to learn about all it's aspects like Horary, traditional, Asteroids, Solar Arc directions and so on, than you will really never stop learning. I am doing it now for over 30 years and still, everyday, I learn something. So forget about a quick fix!! Take it easy, concentrate and slowly assimilate. That is the best you can do, especially for your nerves LOl!

Cheers, Starlink