General question about relocation charts

katydid

Wait, is this right? I thought you change the city and birthtime to match the Sun's location???

So if someone is born July 4th at 7pm in New york, and they move to San Diego, then their relocated birthchart would be July 4th 4pm. Is this wrong??

by David Dukelow and Jim Shawvan
[PDF]
RELOCATION CHARTS & RELOCATION ISSUES

[Excerpt was deleted and replaced by the link to this article. Copied parts of over 100 words are not permitted in this Forum. It is always better to post a link. Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

Courtney Love

Oh see that's important, they're saying not to change the Universal Time, not just the current time in that time zone. what bugs me about that is most programs ask for the current time, and figure out universal times for you. That could be confusing if people think the current time should stay the same.. when it must be changed.

EJ53

Banned
Katydid/Courtney Love,

As an example, is the following correct :-

When someone was born at 08.00am in New York on 14th July 2009; it was 13.00pm in London and 22.00 in Brisbane on 14th July.

So if that person later chooses to relocate to London, we draw up a birthchart for 13.00pm Local Time on 14th July 2009 with Lat/Long for London rather than New York........And if they relocate to Bisbane, we draw up a chart for 22.00 Local Time 14th July 2009 with Lat/Long for Brisbane rather than New York..............[I think this produces three charts with identical Moon positions but different house cusps, as all use the Universal Time of 12.00 noon....(13.00 pm adjusted for daylight saving time)]

However, if we use the astro.com "relocated chart" facility, we need only enter the Lat/Long for the relocated place (because the site adjusts the time automatically).

EJ:unsure:

Last edited:

Courtney Love

Katydid/Courtney Love,

As an example, is the following correct :-

When someone was born at 08.00am in New York on 14th July 2009; it was 13.00pm in London and 22.00 in Brisbane on 14th July.

So if that person later chooses to relocate to London, we draw up a birthchart for 13.00pm Local Time on 14th July 2009 with Lat/Long for London rather than New York........And if they relocate to Bisbane, we draw up a chart for 22.00 Local Time 14th July 2009 with Lat/Long for Brisbane rather than New York..............[I think this produces three charts with identical Moon positions but different house cusps, as all use the Universal Time of 12.00 noon....(13.00 pm adjusted for daylight saving time)]

However, if we use the astro.com "relocated chart" facility, we need only enter the Lat/Long for the relocated place (because the site adjusts the time automatically).

EJ:unsure:

yeah, this is how it works, although on astro.com all I enter is the time and they do everything, but thats not on the relocated chart, just the general natal charts.

I tend to note the sun's location, and make sure they match, rather than the Moon, but the bottom line is, aside from the ascendent, everything should be in the exact same degree as the natal

EJ53

Banned
Courtney Love said:
yeah, this is how it works, although on astro.com all I enter is the time and they do everything, but thats not on the relocated chart, just the general natal charts.

I tend to note the sun's location, and make sure they match, rather than the Moon, but the bottom line is, aside from the ascendent, everything should be in the exact same degree as the natal

Thanks CL.........I get it now.......For relocation charts, we use the Lat/Long of the new location and the local time there which equates exactly to the actual Universal Time of our birth......So the planet locations in signs are unchanged, but the positions house cusps change.

noideaaboutastro

Thanks CL.........I get it now.......For relocation charts, we use the Lat/Long of the new location and the local time there which equates exactly to the actual Universal Time of our birth......So the planet locations in signs are unchanged, but the positions house cusps change.

Okay I get it, I was doing it right the first time. Will redo it again. Ta

noideaaboutastro

Oh well, look like my Sun goes into opposition and my asc goes into Capricorn.
Some of the aspects change too.
*shrug* I don't think I need astrology to tell me I don't fit well here.

EJ53

Banned
noideaaboutastro said:
.....*shrug* I don't think I need astrology to tell me I don't fit well here.

Use it to tell you why you don't fit well there; where you would fit well; when to relocate; what will change; how you will feel about it and who you might become if you make the move. (My thanks to Kipling's "I keep six honest serving men"):sideways:

noideaaboutastro

There should be no change in planetary aspects. They would be the same as in your natal. What changes is the angles and the house placements. You look to these differences between your natal and relocated. Especially where your Sun/Moon are located now, and what your Asc and MC are and any new aspects to them.

Use it to tell you why you don't fit well there; where you would fit well; when to relocate; what will change; how you will feel about it and who you might become if you make the move. (My thanks to Kipling's "I keep six honest serving men"):sideways:

Just finding all this very confusing and hard, and when I ask for help it feels like as if I'm just asking questions without doing work as a member expressed themselves and just generally makes me feel gloomy. I am not saying this to argue with anyone, this is just how I feel, very frustrated and trying my best but as if I'm not getting anywhere. I'm not sure how to figure all those things out, that's why I come here for help :(.

All I can see is that my Asc is now in Capricorn - that one definately makes sense, people tend to see me as far more conservative than I really am. Um what else, MC is in Aquarius, once again sorry if I haven't read enough but I really don't know what it means! I mean, what does a career in Aquarius mean as opposed to a career in Scorpio which is in my natal chart? Does this mean I'll go prancing around doing humanitarian work suddenly because I'm here? Yes, I admit, that is the sort of work I am attracted to but I thought it was more about my personality type than living here. My sun is now in 1st house which is in opposition to my Sun in 7th house, and my Moon is now obviously in the 4th house as opposed to the 10th house. The fact that my moon and sun are in opposition means I will be forced to become something I am not, am I right?

Sorry if this seems if I haven't done my homework, I really am finding all of this confusing!

EJ53

Banned
noideaaboutastro said:
.....I feel very frustrated.....trying my best but as if I'm not getting anywhere. I'm not sure how to figure all those things out, that's why I come here for help.

And we want to help Noeye, because we can see how hard you're trying to understand........But, most of us are "visual"......We need to see the birth and relocation charts in order to steer you correctly.

.....MC is in Aquarius....what does a career in Aquarius mean as opposed to a career in Scorpio which is in my natal chart?

The ruling planet of the sign on the MC (and those in it's line of dispositorship) indicate the kind of career which might be right for you.....The natal rulers of your MC are Mars/Pluto, but the relocated rulers are Saturn/Uranus......So, the career that's right for you in your natal location is likely to be very different from the one which is best in the re-location.........(But, what that career might be can only be determined by looking at the whole chart).

My sun is now in 1st house which is in opposition to my Sun in 7th house

In the eyes of others, a 1st house sun "takes centre stage" (Mick Jagger of the Rolling Stones is an excellent example).........whilst a 7th house sun shines best through a partner.

.....my Moon is now in the 4th house as opposed to the 10th house.

So, you'll feel more emotionally secure at home (4th) than at work (10th)......whilst the reverse might be the case in your natal location.

The fact that my moon and sun are in opposition means I will be forced to become something I am not, am I right?

Not "forced"...........more comfortable doing what might be uncomfortable in your natal location......and vice-versa........What it really indicates is that the people/culture in each location are very different, so your normal behaviour would be regarded differently by them........For example, a female might feel comfortable walking down a public street in the UK with her lower legs uncovered, but very uncomfortable doing so in a country that requires women to cover themselves fully in public.

EJ:smile:

iwonder

Just finding all this very confusing and hard

Noideaaboutastro,

Don't get discouraged. It is frustrating at times to see that there is no one answer and too many factors to consider.

Hate to say this but homework is the best way to go.

As far as relocation charts, your MC moving Aquarius may mean that this type of career will be easier to pursue at the new place, or Aquarian characteristics in you will be best applied towards career, social standing, or something you will be known for.

noideaaboutastro

Big huge thank you!

So basically the sun represents how you shine, the moon represents where you are secure, and the oppositions just represent completely different cultures (that one makes sense!)

Now let's scrap everything and admit I did half of it WRONG:unsure:. I got mixed up with the two different relocation charts that I did:pinched:. So my natal MC is actually in Capricorn. And my ASC here is in Taurus......hmmmm I always felt Capricorn fitted better but okay.....

I'll post up my natal chart and then my relocation chart and see if anybody can see anything else different.......because the sun moon, asc and mc is about all I can figure out properly really.
And we want to help Noeye, because we can see how hard you're trying to understand........But, most of us are "visual"......We need to see the birth and relocation charts in order to steer you correctly.

The ruling planet of the sign on the MC (and those in it's line of dispositorship) indicate the kind of career which might be right for you.....The natal rulers of your MC are Mars/Pluto, but the relocated rulers are Saturn/Uranus......So, the career that's right for you in your natal location is likely to be very different from the one which is best in the re-location.........(But, what that career might be can only be determined by looking at the whole chart).

In the eyes of others, a 1st house sun "takes centre stage" (Mick Jagger of the Rolling Stones is an excellent example).........whilst a 7th house sun shines best through a partner.

So, you'll feel more emotionally secure at home (4th) than at work (10th)......whilst the reverse might be the case in your natal location.

Not "forced"...........more comfortable doing what might be uncomfortable in your natal location......and vice-versa........What it really indicates is that the people/culture in each location are very different, so your normal behaviour would be regarded differently by them........For example, a female might feel comfortable walking down a public street in the UK with her lower legs uncovered, but very uncomfortable doing so in a country that requires women to cover themselves fully in public.

Noideaaboutastro,

Don't get discouraged. It is frustrating at times to see that there is no one answer and too many factors to consider.

Hate to say this but homework is the best way to go.

As far as relocation charts, your MC moving Aquarius may mean that this type of career will be easier to pursue at the new place, or Aquarian characteristics in you will be best applied towards career, social standing, or something you will be known for.

[Mod edit - to move the brief, new response above the old quotes.]

Attachments

• natal chart.gif
    natal chart.gif
    25.7 KB · Views: 38
  • relocation chartezzz.gif
    relocation chartezzz.gif
    25.1 KB · Views: 37
Last edited by a moderator:

EJ53

Banned
noideaaboutastro said:
....I did half of it WRONG....posted up my natal chart and my relocation chart......

This relocation chart is still not correct either, Noeye...........If the Moon is at 14.33.00 degrees Virgo in the natal chart, it will also be at 14.33.00 degrees Virgo in the relocated chart.

If you are using astro.com.......Free Chart Selection......Extended Chart Selection......(type of chart you want) Relocation Chart.........Click to draw chart......Enter Natal Chart Birth Data........Scroll down the natal chart screen which then appears...to..."Click to choose a different reference place"......untick "use birth details" box.........enter new location.....Click "continue" to produce relocated chart......Confirm moon position is same in both natal and relocated chart.

noideaaboutastro

This relocation chart is still not correct either, Noeye...........If the Moon is at 14.33.00 degrees Virgo in the natal chart, it will also be at 14.33.00 degrees Virgo in the relocated chart.

If you are using astro.com.......Free Chart Selection......Extended Chart Selection......(type of chart you want) Relocation Chart.........Click to draw chart......Enter Natal Chart Birth Data........Scroll down the natal chart screen which then appears...to..."Click to choose a different reference place"......untick "use birth details" box.........enter new location.....Click "continue" to produce relocated chart......Confirm moon position is same in both natal and relocated chart.

:pinched::pinched::pinched::pinched:AAAAAAAAAAAA

Okay I hope I did it correctly. Here is what I got:

Attachments

• natal chart.gif
    natal chart.gif
    25.7 KB · Views: 38
  • natal chart relocationnnnnnn.jpg
    natal chart relocationnnnnnn.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 45

EJ53

Banned
noideaaboutastro said:
Okay I hope I did it correctly. Here is what I got:

Everything is now A-OK, Houston.........We are on our way:biggrin:

Here's the significant changes that I see (Natal Chart : Relocated Chart) :-

Chart Ruler - Pluto in Scorpio/12th : Mars in Pisces/11th
Location of opposing stelliums - 2nd/8th : 9th/3rd
Virgo Moon - 10th : 5th
Sun/Jupiter - 7th : 2nd
Pluto - 12th : 7th
Mars - 3rd : 11th
North Node - 4th : 12th

Also....Nothing is intercepted in the relocated chart......But natally, Aquarius/Leo is intercepted in 3rd/9th; Libra is duplicated on the cusps of 11th/12th houses and Aries is duplicated on the cusps of 5th/6th houses.

So, now the "homework" Noeye........How would you interpret these changes?

[Note : Think of the chart ruler as being the planet that you "see as yourself"/identify with most........Natally, "you R pluto in scorpio/12th" but, with relocation, "you R Mars in Pisces/11th".]

noideaaboutastro

Everything is now A-OK, Houston.........We are on our way:biggrin:

Here's the significant changes that I see (Natal Chart : Relocated Chart) :-

Also....Nothing is intercepted in the relocated chart......But natally, Aquarius/Leo is intercepted in 3rd/9th; Libra is duplicated on the cusps of 11th/12th houses and Aries is duplicated on the cusps of 5th/6th houses.

So, now the "homework" Noeye........How would you interpret these changes?

[Note : Think of the chart ruler as being the planet that you "see as yourself"/identify with most........Natally, "you R pluto in scorpio/12th" but, with relocation, "you R Mars in Pisces/11th".]

What?!:unsure: You're making me do homework:mad::mad:?!?!?!

*throws books on floor, stomps foot, pick them up, stomps off to do homework* (jks of course)

Lol. This may take me some time.

noideaaboutastro

Well natally I am a bit of a freak - I mean, who has their chart ruler in the not on Pluto, but also Scorpio which is ruled by Pluto, and also in the 12th house, which is ruled by Scorpio:unsure:. Okay, so now my chart ruler is in Mars in Pisces. Well Pisces has nothing to do with Mars, it's supposed to be Neptune, and nothing to do with the 11th house. So maybe I become kinda less intense here and become more friendship orientated....

Opposing stelliums - well here I'll feel like my communication with close associates is hampered by my need to travel???

Here I am more emotional rather than detached and calculating according to my Moon.

I also express myself and have more luck with money rather than relationships.

Pluto - signifies that I reserve my freakisheness for close relationships here.

Seriously......I have not much idea:unsure:......

noideaaboutastro

:pouty: WHat did you say? What is intercepted? What is duplicated? I am so confused:pinched::w00t:

EJ53

Banned
Noeye said:
Seriously......I have not much idea

Actually, you gave a good analysis.

Your relocated ruler (Mars) is weak by both sign and house; squares the sun and is constantly engaged in sorting out the conflict/opposition between Saturn/Venus.......So, as you say, this is probably not the best location for you.............But if you moved to a place where Aquarius was on the Ascendant with Uranus in 11th house, life would be much more exciting and Pluto might be well-placed to boost your career.

.....What is intercepted? What is duplicated? I am so confused

Nothing is intercepted/duplicated in the relocation chart........So, ignore it for now.........However, if possible, try not to relocate to a place that produces a chart having the same sign on more than one house cusp.

noideaaboutastro

Actually, you gave a good analysis.

Your relocated ruler (Mars) is weak by both sign and house; squares the sun and is constantly engaged in sorting out the conflict/opposition between Saturn/Venus.......So, as you say, this is probably not the best location for you.............But if you moved to a place where Aquarius was on the Ascendant with Uranus in 11th house, life would be much more exciting and Pluto might be well-placed to boost your career.

Nothing is intercepted/duplicated in the relocation chart........So, ignore it for now.........However, if possible, try not to relocate to a place that produces a chart having the same sign on more than one house cusp.

Hi EJ. Sorry to ask this of you but I'm still a little bit confused. Can you tell me what you are talking about more and explain it to me a bit more in reference to my chart? I'm very new at this and it's probably better for me to see how it goes the first time.

Also, are there certain areas that can be seen in relocation charts? Such as, career, relationships, children etc? Or is it just general happiness?