Chart rectification

Hey, well this certainly isn't being done with the official chart rectification process (Jupiter ASC was helpful enough to post information about it and the maths was enough to make me feel faint). But I was just changing the times myself and I've definetely narrowed it done more myself,just by seeing a couple of the aspects changing.

For eg. My birth certificate says exactly 6:00PM,which is a suspicious rounded birth-time. If I put it to 5:20, I no longer have Neptune square my ascendant I have Uranus square ascendant, which fits me A LOT better!! But I then also get Venus opposition ascendant, which doesn't fit. At 05:45PM, it goes back to Neptune square ascendant and at 05:40PM, it is at Uranus square ascendant.

So in my unofficially declared way, I can already see that this is a lot more accurate than my birth certificate. Right??

Last edited:
Hi Bluebell,
have you tried looking up the sabian symbols for your possible Ascendant degrees? And seeing what you can relate to?

http://www.mindfire.ca/An Astrological Mandala/An Astrological Mandala - Contents.htm

Keep in mind that the degrees go like this:

Aries 1* is Aries 0* to 1*
Aries 2* is Aries 1* to 2*
Aries 30* is Aries 29* to 30*

Thanks Bina. So this would be the symbol for libra ascendant 1 degree?

PHASE 182 (LIBRA 2°): THE TRANSMUTATION OF THE FRUITS OF PAST EXPERIENCES INTO THE SEED-REALIZATIONS OF THE FOREVER CREATIVE SPIRIT.

KEYNOTE: A repolarization of inner energies leading to a creative centralization of consciousness.

It's hard to get a feel for which one fits better. As libra degree 5 was about 'man teaching his inner knowledge' which fits me well, but teacher aspects could be accounted to the mercury Jupiter in my chart.

Bina

Yes, Libra 1-2 degrees. Can you relate to it? Sometimes that takes a while...
Read the other symbols around that degree as well for comparison and see if one clicks with you...

I have worked with dowsing ascendant degrees as well... it took me a long time to get mine exactly right...it was close for a long time, but with some major transit i finally got it right.

You can look at transits to Asc/Des and Mc/Ic as well , especially the outer planets, also Saturn, see if anything significant happened when transits to the angles were exact...

Yes, Libra 1-2 degrees. Can you relate to it? Sometimes that takes a while...
Read the other symbols around that degree as well for comparison and see if one clicks with you...

I have worked with dowsing ascendant degrees as well... it took me a long time to get mine exactly right...it was close for a long time, but with some major transit i finally got it right.

You can look at transits to Asc/Des and Mc/Ic as well , especially the outer planets, also Saturn, see if anything significant happened when transits to the angles were exact...

I definetely relate to the Sabian symbol that's phase 183 (libra 3 degree). Which would still make Neptune not Uranus square my ascendant. And after reading more about it, i can relate to that too. I think the problem is Neptune square ascendant is like Venus in Pisces and Uranus square ascendant is like Venus square Uranus to me. But the Sabian symbol is pulling me in the right direction,I would say.

I'll start looking at transits now. Thanks for the food for thought! Got my detective specs on now \o-o/

Generally you need about 7-10 major events in life to match the transits to. This is very hard for people under 40 unless they had a whole bunch of serious events.

This is how rectification works. You also need a program where you and rotate the chart back and forth to try to find the best connections. If you are close to the time to begin with it is much easier.

Oh I reckon I could find 7-10 major life events. Especially coming to the end of my Saturn return, which has added an extra 3, at least!ha

Do you remember the name of the chart? I already noticed Astro.con doesn't have the option to let you change the dates as you wish to see past transits. So a programme would be good. It will be a good practical exercise as well.

JUPITERASC

Generally you need about 7-10 major events in life to match the transits to.

This is very hard for people under 40

unless they had a whole bunch of serious events.

This is how rectification works.

You also need a program where you and rotate the chart back and forth to try to find the best connections.
If you are close to the time to begin with it is much easier.

BASIC STEPS FOR PRELIMINARY RECTIFICATION
List major life events :smile:

for example:

academic rewards, degree, diplomas, exams passed
operations, hospital admissions of any kind, accidents
relocation to a new home, relocation abroad
marriages, divorces
births
deaths
starting first job, leaving old job, starting new job,
anything important.

Oh I reckon I could find 7-10 major life events.
Especially coming to the end of my Saturn return, which has added an extra 3, at least!ha

Do you remember the name of the chart?
I already noticed Astro.con doesn't have the option to let you change the dates as you wish to see past transits. So a programme would be good.
It will be a good practical exercise as well.

By the way
exclude dates that are "give or take a couple of weeks"
as being totally too inaccurate!

Specific dates for major events

means the
actual exact day as well as the precise time of the occurrence

such as:

precise date AND time of giving birth
or precise date and time of
when your wife/partner/girlfriend gave birth to your child
precise date and time of being wheeled into the operating theater for whatever reason
precise date and time of accidents involving broken bones precise
date and time of first day at work
precise date and time of graduation award
precise date and time of road traffic accidents - if any
precise date and time of relocating to new home
precise date of when decree nisi granted
precise date of any relocation that resulted
precise date and time on official letter from hospital/medics giving diagnosis
and/or precise date and time of appointment with doc/medic who delivered the news
precise date and time of graduation day
and so on.....

Cheers JupiterASC. It will be a few weeks at least until I have gathered the necessary info for all of that. But I am certain I can do it. I mean, it's kinda important.

Phoenix Venus

Hey bluebell, look at the sabian symbols for the other axis points too.

Ac= who, Dc = whom-to, MC = how and IC = why.

Also, look up the degrees for the part of fortune and part of soul and see what resonates.

If the moon changes degrees during this timeframe look at that symbol, too.

Ps my mars is at libra 2 :)

Hey bluebell, look at the sabian symbols for the other axis points too.

Ac= who, Dc = whom-to, MC = how and IC = why.

Also, look up the degrees for the part of fortune and part of soul and see what resonates.

If the moon changes degrees during this timeframe look at that symbol, too.

Ps my mars is at libra 2 :)

Thanks Phoenix, I will do. Good idea about checking the moon degrees as well. Gonna start searching for the axis points today. It will help me get aquainted with the Sabian symbols. Looking for the moment when they 'click,' which will take a few months probably!

Still playing about with the times and placements. I relate to moon, Uranus and Neptune square my ascendant, which happens at 5:50ish, so I'm in the 'right' direction.

Not sure I'm libra 2 yet, I relate more to 3, which fits in with the times above.

Last edited: