The clockwork of Astrology

waybread

Yes, it would bother me if it proved to be bogus. But you wouldn't mind if you happened to be tricking yourself or other people?

Since I don't "trick" myself or other people, where's the problem?

It might surprise you to learn that people come to this forum requesting astrological readings. They've already made some decisions about it.

Petosiris, about how many chart readings, on average, do you give per week?

Just curious.

petosiris

Banned
Since I don't "trick" myself or other people, where's the problem?

It might surprise you to learn that people come to this forum requesting astrological readings. They've already made some decisions about it.

Petosiris, about how many chart readings, on average, do you give per week?

Just curious.

Jesus, you are way more experienced than me, please.

petosiris

Banned
Do not confuse "objective" with "deterministic" or "fatalistic." Do not confuse objectivity with linear causality. Start thinking about complex systems and models, and how they operate.

Oh yes, we definitely do not want to be fully deterministic without objectivity.

petosiris

Banned
You should advertise the fact that you don't believe that astrology is an objective phenomenon occurring in nature, that your predictions are not better than random guesses, and that human psychology can be deceived by random statements seeming to form objectivity. Until you acknowledge either that fact or that astrology is a valid phenomenon with different way of influence, I would have you on my ignore list. I am really not trying to annoy you, just very sad.

Flapjacks

The Magnetic Field Matrix, which is what astrology is all about, is both within us and all around us. The best we can achieve is subjective objectivity. Some are attracted to astrology, some are repelled, others are ambivalent.

Subjective objectivity means being objective from your own viewpoint. It won't be one-size-fits-all.

Oh, I wasn't referring to that. I was referring to the use of the terms attract/repel along with magnetic field matrix. :biggrin:

I get what you mean about subjectively objective, although objectively subjective might be more accurate. :rightful:

waybread

Petosiris, since you either cannot or will not stop lying about me, I see no point in continuing this "discussion" with you. You either cannot or will not be truthful.

I don't hold it against you, however. In your universe, the planets made you do it.

david starling

Oh, I wasn't referring to that. I was referring to the use of the terms attract/repel along with magnetic field matrix. :biggrin:

I get what you mean about subjectively objective, although objectively subjective might be more accurate. :rightful:

I use the Heliocentric model to determine the Cardinal Domicile-rulers and the Sun as Leo's Domicle-ruler, as applied to the Geocentric Chart. So, I agree--that would be objectively subjective.

david starling

Petosiris, since you either cannot or will not stop lying about me, I see no point in continuing this "discussion" with you. You either cannot or will not be truthful.

I don't hold it against you, however. In your universe, the planets made you do it.

The planetary placements correlate with a propensity for doing it.