Uranus and Neptune in 6th house affecting work

nepredil696

I have Uranus and Neptune (retro) in the 6th house. Almost every interpretation I came across for these placement seemed fatalistic. Usually I take such interpretation with a pinch of salt….but I am beginning to believe these as my work life is a mess and is fast becoming an example for these interpretations :sick:

Problems with authority and subordinates, persistent nagging feeling that I am in the wrong career field, but no clue as to what I want as a career so I have been stuck at my job for more than 3 years. I am severely allergic to the idea of managing or mentoring someone, so much so that I am thinking of declining my promotion to a managerial position…etc..etc...work life is a major stressor :crying:

Does anyone have similar placements in their natal chart….are your experiences similar to mine….how did you cope with this? Is Uranus and Neptune in 6H really such a messed up placement or is it all in my head :eek:

I know people's experiences are as unique as their charts….but any insights/ideas on this is really appreciated!

Attachments

• natal chart.jpg
    natal chart.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 32

Therese

I am still a beginner in astrology, so this is just a try.

You might find this article interesting: www.seeingwithstars.net/images/ThirdHouse.pdf

The ninth-third house axis is an interesting one. And not only are both Jupiter and Mercury domicile, they are also in the house whose affairs they are associated with, but Jupiter is retrograde, while Mercury is heavily combust. And then there's Uranus.

If you picked just one facet of what Jupiter represents, let's say, "mainstream", what would it mean that he is retrograde? He opposes Sun-Mercury, but you have both your Sun and your Moon (ruler of the horoscope) in the third house of "heresy" (everything but mainstream). Then, at the apex of the T-square there is Uranus in the sixth, ruled by Jupiter but in a house whose affairs are associated with Mercury.

Plus, your MC is in Aries... How do you feel about Pink Floyd's "Another brick in the wall"?

nepredil696

'Another brick in the wall'…that's brilliant! :lol:….love the song, love the video n I love getting an education :smile:

I dunno what to make of relation between Sun/Merc-Jup-Ur….but I feel there is a pattern there, I can't figure it out though, very confusing.

I have a gut feeling that my problems generate from a very stressed 6th House, stressed Uranus to be exact….which is further compounded by a retro Neptune and its tight square with Moon (my chart ruler). Vocation confusion, trouble at workplace and with people I work with are just some of the themes……but will this be the case for the rest of my life, seeing as these are expressions of my natal chart?? Seems like a awfully fatalistic view…..but I can't stop thinking like that :confused:….are there any remedies?

Just curious, you said my Merc is combust, but I've been told it is cazimi…isn't it?

Therese

As I said, I'm still a beginner. Treat me as if we were reading the same book together in another language, with our pocket dictionaries in hand. We compare whether we put together the same thing or not, and there's a chance we are both wrong...

Yes, you are right, Mercury is cazimi.

I tried to reply because there were no replies yet, and because of the house axis involved in the opposition. I discovered not long ago that the third house used to be the house of the goddess, as opposed to the ninth house being the house of the god, and I don't see this mentioned very often. I bumped into this when trying to have a look at my husband's chart, who has a triple conjunction in the third house involving his Sun. Most sources say that the third house is about the "lower mind", immediate environment, short journeys, gossip, news... I just did not see my husband in this... he is not a superficial person.

so I knew there must be depth in the third house, all other houses encompass both the mundane and the spiritual, why would the third house be different? Human experience is at the juncture of the profane and the sacred (I believe that these two are actually one, but then, I'm a bloody animist. :) ) Each and every house is there to facilitate human experience, so each and every house must be "mixed". Finding the anima mundi in the third house made perfect sense.

So, your sixth house is stressed. And the mundane level of the sixth-house experience is health, work... and above all, routine... Neither Uranus, nor Neptune are happy campers in that domain. On the "spiritual" level, I would associate it with rhythm and cycles, with being in or out of tune, with rituals and rites of passage...

By the way, just like the third and the ninth, the sixth and the twelfth houses are also an axis. And Jupiter and Mercury get emphasized again, because your sixth house is ruled by Jupiter, while the twelfth is ruled by Mercury.

or1000

As I said, I'm still a beginner. Treat me as if we were reading the same book together in another language, with our pocket dictionaries in hand. We compare whether we put together the same thing or not, and there's a chance we are both wrong...

Yes, you are right, Mercury is cazimi.

I tried to reply because there were no replies yet, and because of the house axis involved in the opposition. I discovered not long ago that the third house used to be the house of the goddess, as opposed to the ninth house being the house of the god, and I don't see this mentioned very often. I bumped into this when trying to have a look at my husband's chart, who has a triple conjunction in the third house involving his Sun. Most sources say that the third house is about the "lower mind", immediate environment, short journeys, gossip, news... I just did not see my husband in this... he is not a superficial person.

so I knew there must be depth in the third house, all other houses encompass both the mundane and the spiritual, why would the third house be different? Human experience is at the juncture of the profane and the sacred (I believe that these two are actually one, but then, I'm a bloody animist. :) ) Each and every house is there to facilitate human experience, so each and every house must be "mixed". Finding the anima mundi in the third house made perfect sense.

So, your sixth house is stressed. And the mundane level of the sixth-house experience is health, work... and above all, routine... Neither Uranus, nor Neptune are happy campers in that domain. On the "spiritual" level, I would associate it with rhythm and cycles, with being in or out of tune, with rituals and rites of passage...

By the way, just like the third and the ninth, the sixth and the twelfth houses are also an axis. And Jupiter and Mercury get emphasized again, because your sixth house is ruled by Jupiter, while the twelfth is ruled by Mercury.

I realise this is quite an aged thread - what was said here about Uranus conjunction Neptune 6th could really help somebody.

This house and placement can be testing of your daily persistence. The planets bring the need for endurance, and faith in that it wipes out approach to routine and familiarity.

And for someone who’s unhappy with it, it can be a suffering when trying to align with stability. Thinking about the rhythms of the day, ‘rituals and rites’ rather than the routine can truly be a help. Trying to align with spirituality can be tough because uranus the innovator and Neptune is enlightenment in all forms, so they CAN clash. PISCES 6th house, also - Does it get better?

If anybody has some ideas that would be great!?

Last edited: