Thread: Bullying
View Single Post
Unread 07-01-2020, 04:34 PM

Re: Bullying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
It doesn’t sound nice but there’s a difference between a fight and a war. Why I brought it up was because not all bullying can be successfully dealt with so easily. So I bet you don’t have experience with being destroyed or you would understand what I am saying.

Also, I wasn’t the only one to comment on your experience, yet you are only offended by my comment. Hmm.
There is a reason I used the word 'people' instead of the word 'you'. This answer wasn't directed only at you. My point is that you (none of you) were in my head when I was a child. I was bullied for ten years and it took another ten years before I could look in a mirror and like what I saw, before I could feel comfortable in my own body. The bullying I suffered may not have destroyed all of me, but it definitely destroyed my self-esteem for a good long while. Having those 20 years minimized hurts. Does it matter whose pain was worse? Is there a point in trying to compare abuse and see who was more destroyed by it? That's not why we're here, is it?

Last edited by Domna; 07-01-2020 at 04:40 PM.