Third party significator & VOC Moon

Dmarie11

I’ll give the usual disclaimer of being very new to this with a lot to learn, but still trying!

Curious about the moon being VOC when this chart was cast. Does this play a larger role in reaching an answer with this particular chart/question? Querent is asking if an ex is still seeing someone he was casually dating a few months ago, so I’m also confused as to assigning significators when a third party is involved.

https://imgur.com/a/tQ4IWIh

L1: Venus, Moon
L7: Mars, Sun - Mars only represents ex, or actually represents the relationship? Or third party/relationship represented by another planet?

- Venus in detriment in Aries/7th and received by Mars
- Moon exalted in Taurus/8th and received by Venus (not sure if this reception is even relevant, since they’re both the querent’s significators?)
- Mars in Gemini/9th
- Sun in Taurus/8th and received by Venus

Only applying aspect seems to be a sextile between Venus and Mars, unless there’s an additional significator to also consider for third party/relationship?

Any insight is greatly appreciated!

heidy26

It's not querent's business what the ex does.
Horary is not to be used for questions that concern others' lives.

Dmarie11

She was actually trying to be respectful by asking, since he’d been on her mind and she didn’t feel comfortable reaching out if he’s seeing someone.

ElenaJ

Actually as a question it can be asked, and William Lilly for example has very specific rules for determining if a loved one has another lover.
I don't have time at the moment to list them, sorry, but maybe later.
They basically refer to aspects the significator of the quested makes with other planets, but there isn't a specific house assigned to the "other lover".
Obviously the question shouldn't be asked lightly, or for malevolent or vindictive purposes.

Dmarie11

Actually as a question it can be asked, and William Lilly for example has very specific rules for determining if a loved one has another lover.
I don't have time at the moment to list them, sorry, but maybe later.
They basically refer to aspects the significator of the quested makes with other planets, but there isn't a specific house assigned to the "other lover".
Obviously the question shouldn't be asked lightly, or for malevolent or vindictive purposes.

Absolutely, and I really do believe she’s genuinely asking out of respect. This bit of info helps point me in the right direction in researching, so thank you!

heidy26

There is actually a difference between asking "Is there someone else in his life?" and "Should i reach out to him?". Horary should help and answer anything that involves the querent and the intention/questions reveal that. I know Lilly gives the rules for delineating if a woman had another, but this still stands in place.
You are not allowed to see what other people do and should not ask.

Dmarie11

There is actually a difference between asking "Is there someone else in his life?" and "Should i reach out to him?". Horary should help and answer anything that involves the querent and the intention/questions reveal that. I know Lilly gives the rules for delineating if a woman had another, but this still stands in place.
You are not allowed to see what other people do and should not ask.

I understand what you’re saying, so the question probably could’ve been asked differently to convey her true intention. I’m definitely an amateur with a lot to learn, so all perspectives and insight in this forum are very helpful and appreciated!

ElenaJ

Like i said, you are not allowed to see what others do. It's none of your business.
Unless you want to know something that is actually about you.

We should differentiate between "can" and "should".
Any question can be asked in horary.
Do you want to answer it? Maybe not, but not everyone might agree with your position.
It could be a question of ethics, which sounds like the position you are taking. Is it correct to ask about another person's life? Maybe yes, maybe no.
If a horary asks, What is the best time to rob Alice's house?, you probably won't read the chart on ethical grounds.
If someone asks, "Will she divorce and marry me?, it involves in reality a third party (her husband) but you would probably read it.
In the case of this chart, the question seems to be "is he free sentimentally, so I might have a relationship with him?.

heidy26

We should differentiate between "can" and "should".
Any question can be asked in horary.
Do you want to answer it? Maybe not, but not everyone might agree with your position.
It could be a question of ethics, which sounds like the position you are taking. Is it correct to ask about another person's life? Maybe yes, maybe no.
If a horary asks, What is the best time to rob Alice's house?, you probably won't read the chart on ethical grounds.
If someone asks, "Will she divorce and marry me?, it involves in reality a third party (her husband) but you would probably read it.
In the case of this chart, the question seems to be "is he free sentimentally, so I might have a relationship with him?.

I think you should really rethink this. And while you do that, imagine a world where every astrologer would be a lottery winner because he already delineated the winning numbers for the next season. And this is not allowed. Because you are not allowed to see this. Allowed, alright ?
Now re-read about what i wrote about things that INVOLVE YOU. You'll get it.

ElenaJ

What is your source? Can you refer to any references where it lists what is allowed and what isn't?
No polemics meant, just asking.

ElenaJ

Heidy, I don't know of any rules that state this. Agreed, a chart must be radical to be judged, and in fact, there are very specific rules for this.
Not every silly question should be asked, and the same question should not be asked more than once.
In addition, the answer to a horary question cannot overturn what is in a person's natal chart. If the natal chart indicates money hardships, the horary itself cannot promise this.
When a question is asked, if we see something in the chart that was not asked, we shouldn't bring it up unless the questioner indicates they want to know something about it.
A passage in Derek Appleby's book "Horary Astrology" discusses the idea of inappropriate questions as follows, "If you have no right to judge a certain question, its resolution will be denied you through the chart itself. The only restriction to judgement is one's own sensibility and the actual horary figure."
I agree completely with this philosophy, the horary is self-validating.
So, coming back to our discussion, I was surprised by your complete, net, refusal to consider the chart. It's your choice to do so and no one denies it to you, but because you are citing horary rules that you are following to refuse it, I really would like to know your sources. Maybe I am wrong in my belief, and you can help me learn something new.

ElenaJ

I’ll give the usual disclaimer of being very new to this with a lot to learn, but still trying!

Curious about the moon being VOC when this chart was cast. Does this play a larger role in reaching an answer with this particular chart/question? Querent is asking if an ex is still seeing someone he was casually dating a few months ago, so I’m also confused as to assigning significators when a third party is involved.

https://imgur.com/a/tQ4IWIh

L1: Venus, Moon
L7: Mars, Sun - Mars only represents ex, or actually represents the relationship? Or third party/relationship represented by another planet?

- Venus in detriment in Aries/7th and received by Mars
- Moon exalted in Taurus/8th and received by Venus (not sure if this reception is even relevant, since they’re both the querent’s significators?)
- Mars in Gemini/9th
- Sun in Taurus/8th and received by Venus

Only applying aspect seems to be a sextile between Venus and Mars, unless there’s an additional significator to also consider for third party/relationship?

Any insight is greatly appreciated!

Moon void of course would normally invalidate this chart, but with moon exalted in taurus, it could simply indicate that no, he is no longer with the ex, the matter does not exist.
Mars is in mutual reception with Saturn in the 4th and ruling the 4th, confirming they are no longer together.
Venus in the 7th, mar's house, and in detriment shows that the querent cares more than he does and is in a weak position, and while it is true that she is approaching a sextile to mars, before this happens mars opposes Jupiter, who is in the terms and face of Saturn, ruler of the end of the matter.
Careful, she didn't ask if she would be back together with him, so this chart only refers to him and an ex of his.

Dmarie11

Moon void of course would normally invalidate this chart, but with moon exalted in taurus, it could simply indicate that no, he is no longer with the ex, the matter does not exist.
Mars is in mutual reception with Saturn in the 4th and ruling the 4th, confirming they are no longer together.
Venus in the 7th, mar's house, and in detriment shows that the querent cares more than he does and is in a weak position, and while it is true that she is approaching a sextile to mars, before this happens mars opposes Jupiter, who is in the terms and face of Saturn, ruler of the end of the matter.
Careful, she didn't ask if she would be back together with him, so this chart only refers to him and an ex of his.

Yes, that’s a great point. Totally understand this chart only speaks to her question and not necessarily anything further. Of course, Saturn in the 4th is something I’d overlooked. So much info I’m still trying to retain, which is why the feedback in these posts is so great when trying to apply what I’ve read. Thank you for taking time to help!

ElenaJ

There are so many layers, so many corners and insights in every chart, each contains a universe. You can have so much insight from each one, the more you delve.

Chrysalis

Looks like a yes to me anyway.

Moons been trine saturn L5 and is in a fixed sign, venus is still in applying aspect to saturn.

Dmarie11

Looks like a yes to me anyway.

Moons been trine saturn L5 and is in a fixed sign, venus is still in applying aspect to saturn.

Ok, interesting! So, the querent’s significators having aspected with Saturn possibly holds even more weight in reaching an answer than a void moon or Saturn in the 4th?