Sister making mistake- transit at fault?

smilingsteph

Hello all!!

I am writing because my sister may be making a huge mistake or a huge career move? I just want her to be happy/

You know the saying if it is "too good to be true? it probably is."
Well she never lives by that!

She and her husband were offered a dance studio: the studio name, the equipment, the kids- but not the space as this is leased.

The prior owners were their friends and for some strange reason they wanted out. They want $90,000 over a period of three years from my sister to buy them out. The catch, they need to do this in a two week period. My sister and her hubby have no where to live, no money (in fact they are so broke they live with my uncle now).

They left this morning, to find a place to live, see the studio and meet the kids. This has been a lifelong dream for my sisters Husband, but I am not so sure it is her dream...she says it is, but wants an education too.

Is this some crazy transit that will only bring her heartache in the end or will this be a good thing?

Natally-
Sun, mars and NN in Gemini in the 9th house-
Would explain her natal desire to travel, study and move about.

Neptune 3rd opposition sun and mars in 9th-
Dreamer, she cannot see the truth in front of her, and is ignorant to things at times, leading to irrational choices when it comes to moving, friends, religion ect.

Jupiter 2nd- big spender, dosent even have money but can spend it!

Tranists:

Transit mercury oppos. Natal jupiter: lack of foresight, planning, making big decisions without thinking of consequences

Sun trining Jupiter- maybe a big chance for her to make a career out of this?

Transit Saturn square sun- maybe not the best time to make decisions like this
Combine this with Jupiter 2nd trine sun 9th, can mean for her to make something of herself, wants to prove it to family that she can "make it" financially. Can bring her to travel, self-confidence to move about.
Can this be dangerous to her, yes her ambitions are high, but make her judgments irrational?

Neptune is scary to me here, it squares Jupiter- deception with finances, this couple (which is like a brother/sister to them) selling this business are telling them they can make a lot of money!

Now will jupiter trine pluto here be her saving grace, she has no idea how to run a business like this, but the hard work will pursue?

Help! :w00t:

Attachments

• Sisters transit chart.gif
    Sisters transit chart.gif
    32.8 KB · Views: 28

Lin

This question and the information is really inadequate for an astrological answer. At first glance, spending $90,000 you don't have with only 2 weeks to get all the info sounds really really bad.

But in order to KNOW how bad or modified it will be takes: a chart of the husband, a synastry chart with your sister and her husband, a composite chart of them and the transits for when they sign the contract and for the next 3 years.

Also, naturally, the transits for each of them for the foreseeable future. Besides the $90,000 there's utilities, INSURANCE, and other monies of indebtedness the prior owners may have or have used the business as collateral for.

Then there's the chart of the primary seller and his/her aspects, transits and a synastry chart to your sister (at least.) Are they good, honest people? Are there things you don't know about them? Why are they in such a hurry?

This takes a LOT of work from an astrologer, but will mean nothing if the primary person (your sister) has no intention of listening to anything but her own questionable judgement. I hate to say this, but If I were you, once you have given your opinion, I would stay out of it and not ever give them any money.

I actually have a personal story about this very thing....buying a business... my best friend sold her house, took her kids & moved to Florida some years ago (from NY) and my sincere advice was for her to get a job and not look to buy a business, which is what she really wanted to do. She found a Deli...and it looked and sounded good. She even got to look at the business records of income and expenditures.

I looked at her chart and told her NO...STOP....don't do it. You will work harder than you ever have and will probably lose in the end.
She bought the business. First, the store's AC broke, then the main refrigerator....in 2 years she lost all the money she had gotten for her house. They realized the books had been cooked but couldn't prove it. They didn't have an attorney and she really never emotionally recovered from that loss. She was my best friend, and she knew I was a good astrologer, and did not HEAR me, but she had to find out for herself how bad her judgement was. And she did.
Sometimes you need to step back and watch the trainwreck, no matter how much you love someone.

Unless there is someone of authority in this case who your sister and her husband respect, and that person is willing to give them the advice to NOT do this, or at least not do it now....or get a good attorney to handle the entire matter, you have no power.

LIN

Last edited:

smilingsteph

Wow Lin you have thought more about this in the time it took you to post this thread than my sister!

I wondered why would they want out of the business? She said it was so her husband could focus on choreography....but they own a dance studio, so that was very odd....

Why would they need to do this within two weeks?

They have no idea on what is happening here. She did not even know that the other couple was renting the space, she thought she was purchasing.
Basically we now know there will be a hand-over of the business right away, but they will pay the 90,000 over three years, regardless. A contract will be written up and they will be responsible.

They were told that the business was making a profit of 100,000 a year. Which is not much really for San Francisco.

My idea was to take your 90,000 and run, go to school and then do a dance studio later. My sister said she couldnt wait ten years..

I agree with you, I said my part and now I have to back out.

You must have known somewhere that I had been loaning or giving her money. Or from my chart, because I had been helping her here and there.
The rest of my family will not help her financially either, they said they will be there to lend emotional support, but they all find this thing very odd too.

I dont have her husband charts. So useless here. However, he is a great guy all around, but I dont like him as her husband. I do like him as my friend, but he does things without regard to her. My family made him who he is, my uncle is a very well known dancer and has gotten my sisters husband some great jobs. My sister not as much as she was never as interested in dance as her hubby was. Now suddenly it is her dream to own a studio???

Is there anything with this chart?

I will do a progressed transit chart? I have no idea how to read those...

Attachments

• Sisters transit chart.gif
    Sisters transit chart.gif
    32.8 KB · Views: 24

smilingsteph

Here is the chart...progressions combined...

Saturn seems to be progressing into her 12th house...may not be good for business, I think she will keep secrets inward even if the business is not good.

Jupiter neptune and chiron are all transitting into the sixth house (if I am looking at this right) maybe leading to issues with health?

Sun progressing into the 10th house, maybe good for public image...

Ruler of second house pluto, in progressed chart it is in the 3rd house, maybe a very busy time in her life for 3rd house duties, yet something transformational occuring here with her finances by communication, short journeys ect.

Would I look to the second house of finances,
If so second house ruler is pluto...
Her progressed pluto seems to fair well with her sun, mars, neptune and NN
However it squares the natal moon.

Attachments

• sister progressed and transit chart.gif
    sister progressed and transit chart.gif
    32.1 KB · Views: 26

EJ53

Banned
Hi Steph,

Lin has already expressed my view...........That your sister will not listen to you, or anyone other than her husband........So, is your own chart saying you have to let this go?

I'm uncomfortable with Jupiter in the whole thing.........seems to be creating over-optimism rather than indicating an opportunity.

And Progressed Venus in Leo/11th (at the anaretic degree) square natal Mercury/Chiron in Taurus/8th (at the anaretic degree)..........painful lesson to be learned (mercury/chiron) about the finances/values of others (Taurus/8th) through relationships (venus) with friends (11th) involved in leisure activities (Leo)..........Before progressed venus moves on to rational Virgo, then ruled by a mercury whose feet might be more firmly on the ground after this.

EJ:unsure:

wilsontc

Staff member
unconfusing, to smilingsteph

smilingsteph,

You asked:
I am writing because my sister may be making a huge mistake or a huge career move?...You know the saying if it is "too good to be true? it probably is." Well she never lives by that!

Transiting :pluto: (transformation) over birth :neptune: (spirituality, also confusion) focused in the thinking (also sales) house indicates a time of "unconfusing" in their thinking and in their approach to sales. It seems like the lesson might be a hard one for them.

Unconfusingly,

Tim

smilingsteph

Hi Steph,

Lin has already expressed my view...........That your sister will not listen to you, or anyone other than her husband........So, is your own chart saying you have to let this go?

I'm uncomfortable with Jupiter in the whole thing.........seems to be creating over-optimism rather than indicating an opportunity.

And Progressed Venus in Leo/11th (at the anaretic degree) square natal Mercury/Chiron in Taurus/8th (at the anaretic degree)..........painful lesson to be learned (mercury/chiron) about the finances/values of others (Taurus/8th) through relationships (venus) with friends (11th) involved in leisure activities (Leo)..........Before progressed venus moves on to rational Virgo, then ruled by a mercury whose feet might be more firmly on the ground after this.

Guess you guys know me well!
I can say I am staying out of this, but I just felt compelled to do something.
After I read what you wrote EJ, a epiphany occured (yeah finally!)
I was reading about karmic debt last night and how with a progressed connection, cant remember which one, she needs to go through this to learn a valuable lesson. I read what you wrote and thought back to last night, everything happens for a reason.
She needs to learn this lesson, painful as it is, to help her in the end.
She has God and our momma in to watch over her. I am always here, not to give advice or suggestions (or will try not to!) but to support her growth and lesson learning.

I have my third house kinda full, natally and I am very protective maybe possessive of my sisters. More protective :innocent:

EJ you are right, I am purging my hurts as chiron gently rolls over my ascendant. My chart is partially to blame here. Not to mention my mind needs to remain clear as I dont want to be a martyr, with neptune too 4* away from the ascendant. (shake it off Steph, shake it off :biggrin::biggrin:)

Wilson-
I never remarked on that Pluto Neptune connection. Practially conjunct eachother, 4 degrees difference. Yes in the third house....interesting...

I appreciate all of your advice. I can only focus on myself and my life!!! I am takin a stand, a stand against myself!! (sitting here drinking coffee and laughing!) :happy::wink:

smilingsteph

Before progressed venus moves on to rational Virgo, then ruled by a mercury whose feet might be more firmly on the ground after this.

Oh one more thing, in progressions, how long will these planets take to get into virgo, is is one degree per year? Then at 29 degrees we can say by next year sometime?

Last edited:

smilingsteph

Well I got a call from my Uncle today:
Said my Sister decided against buying the studio!!!!

Now it seems they get to come home to disappointment as they have to look for new jobs. The day before they took of to San Francisco they both quit jobs that were really good!

katydid

Well I got a call from my Uncle today:
Said my Sister decided against buying the studio!!!!

Now it seems they get to come home to disappointment as they have to look for new jobs. The day before they took of to San Francisco they both quit jobs that were really good!

Well, at least they are not back home, jobless, and 90 Grand in debt. :biggrin:

katydid

She must have learned somewhat of a lesson because they did not go through with the deal. That is a good sign. Especially after quitting their jobs and going all the way out there. How difficult it must have been to change course after all that. :bandit:
Please, do NOT say I told you so. That would be counter intuitive.:lol:

EJ53

Banned
smilingsteph said:
Oh one more thing, in progressions, how long will these planets take to get into virgo, is is one degree per year? Then at 29 degrees we can say by next year sometime?

Specifically Steph, her Venus progresses to Virgo on 11th October 2009......but remains (within a 1degree orb) square to natal Mercury until her birthday (13th June) 2010...........So, she still has some learning to do (but from Virgo/11th it might only be about choosing her friends wisely, or managing her daily finances carefully).

Good that she's seen the light on the studio though.

EJ:happy:

smilingsteph

Oh yes EJ!!!
I am so glad too,
And Katydid I will try to refrain from the "I told you so" bit. I am sad that her dream is not coming to fruition as of now, but it will in time.

EJ-
Her finances I think will be a problem for many months to come. So I do believe that her transits are what they were described above, even though the studio did not work out....

Thanks you guys!

Lin

"Well, at least they are not back home, jobless, and 90 Grand in debt. :biggrin: "

word!!

It is my experience from practically the beginning of my interest in human behavior, when I was 15or 16, that when someone tries to rush you into making a decision, it is a powerful tool of aggression and assertiveness. But it's often deceptive. The person attempting to get their way often has something to hide and knows that TIME will bring that something out, as 'the truth will out'....

So your sister had some internal message - intuition - telling her to just say no.

In this market there will probably be MANY opportunities for them to form a dance school of some kind. Good luck to them.
LIN

smilingsteph

Thanks you all!
Glad her ahem intuition was working that day.

She said that God placed this opportunity in their laps, and I am a believer and I do believe that the Lord can place things like this into our lives....
Then her plane out to San Fran was cancelled and they had to wait hours to get out, I wanted to say "well is this a sign from God too?"

She takes these fated signs and thinks they are all for her and it is meant to be, sure, I agree with that, but one needs an amount of reason to rationalize whether this is from a "good place" or an opportunity from a "bad place"

smilingsteph

Oh my Lord,
So I went home to visit this past weekend and my sister was not there!!! Her hubby was and he said they are going through with this and have signed a three year contract!!

So it is done, they are doing it. Guess the first negotiations went up in smoke.

I think that it was an issue of "it was going to happen whether the negotiations were good or not"

So here I am again, and I think the lesson will have to be learned.

I did not ask about the plan or anything, but she told me they will be living in a foreclosed house that the prior owners of the studio lived in. They couldnt pay their mortgage and are losing the house....helloooooooo....duhhhhhhhhhh