Solar Return Charts

Hi,

I looked back on the year 2004, because that was when i started a new job and i started a new relationship, which was going to be very important to me as we would have a child togther, and it has turned into a long term relationship.

Solar Return Chart

Sun,mercury and uranus are in my 6th house of work.
My ascendent is in virgo which rules your daily duties.
MY ascedent ruler in the 6th house of work.
Saturn is in the tenth house both of these signify career
Sun conjunct mercury
Sun trine saturn
All these placements i think indicate the work aspect of my life for that year.

These next placements are what i think indicate the new relationship
Sun trine saturn
sun conjunct uranus
moon trine neptune
venus trine pluto

But like you said lorielle it's easy to see in retrospect,the real test is trying to predict the influences for the following year, when i have time i will try this out myself.

:) Hope this helped even a little towards your understanding .

Lorielle

Thanks for the post. :) I looked back to the years when I got married. (Ack that sounds bad... plural like that.. twice.) I can see the two different qualities, in retrospect, of the marriages.

If you take the SR chart and place your natal planets on the outside, in a double ring chart, look for the first planet rising after the ascendent. Supposedly, Venus rising is supposed to indicate a new romance coming into the picture.

Venus rises in my SR chart, followed closely by natal Saturn and Jupiter. The ascendant ruler is Saturn in the 7th house. (A semi-long term relationship just ended for me... he is a Capricorn.)

Jupiter is in the 10th house. Natally it rules my 10th house. Almost all of the SR planets are in the 1st 2 houses. My 2nd house has the Moon, Sun, Uranus, and Mercury. Usually, wherever Uranus is, is the house, or area of life with the biggest changes. From memory, Mars is in the 5th, Saturn in the 7th. JUpiter in the 10th and Pluto in the 12th.

Saturn indicates restrictions and/or structure. There were certainly a lot of restrictions in the romance...

I am both hoping for a new job and a new love... so we shall see.

Lori

Hi Lorielle,

With your sun being in the second house this is a good time to budget your expenses and focus on money making ideas.This is the year were you decide you deserve more and push for a higher income.The actual increase might not come till the end of the SR year or until the sun moves into 11th house.
Self worth issues are to the forefront you will expect appreciation.If your in an unhappy relationship you will you consider ending it.Aren't you worth it.This is a good time to prioritise your values.

The challenge for you the coming year when your sun moves into the 11th house is to foster new goals off your present stability,and develop friendships with people who really appreciate you.

The asset from the previous year when the sun was in the 5th house is the ability to express yourself.Creative outlets can lead to money making projects and increased self worth.

This was what i found on the meanings of the sun in the SR chart and yours being in the 2nd house.

Good luck with finding a job and enjoy your spare time before the next fella comes along, when i was single i loved having the t.v remote to myself, and doing as i please.:)

Missa

I don't particularly enjoy begging for interpretations, but I'm still quite new to solar return charts and the year has been quite rough (though I've still got a few months left before my next solar return) and I'd like to hear what some more experienced astrologists see there. I also ask you to be honest.

My current solar return (since september 2005)

Howl

Hi Missa,

I am by no means an expert - but I am very interested in SR charts! I'd like to share what I think but the image I get when I click the link is exceptionally grainy....I can't read it.

Could you try posting it again, or if necessary, the SR details?

It looks like it has a grand cross. My SR chart for this year has one of those! :)

Last edited:

Missa

Howl said:
Hi Missa,

I am by no means an expert - but I am very interested in SR charts! I'd like to share what I think but the image I get when I click the link is exceptionally grainy....I can't read it.

Could you try posting it again, or if necessary, the SR details?

It looks like it has a grand cross. My SR chart for this year has one of those! :)

Really? It looks just fine to me. Does anyone else have a problem with the image? The image is so big that your computer might make it automatically smaller, when you put your mouse over the picture you're able to make it bigger when you click the button on the lower right corner. At least that's how it works for me.

Howl

Ohhhhhhh, that's how it works!! Silly me :) Bear with me, I am typing as I think so this may not come out smoothly...

The first thing I notice is your grand fixed cross (moon, venus, neptune, mars). That's three personal planets, one of which is the ruler of your SR chart (moon), each connecting with lovely neptune, which can bring inspiration/delusion/spirituality, and supposedly illicit substances, too... :)

I picture a grand square, especially in fixed signs, as sort of a double mexican standoff (four planets, guns loaded and aimed, all eyeing eachother off to see who will shoot first :D) Your cross is between houses 2, 8, 11, 5. Houses two and five are personal, eight and eleven are about others/the outside world:

5H personal/individual expression of self---------11H social/group expression of self
2H what you value/control----------------------8H what transforms values/you can't control

So to me, this looks like a standoff between what is important to you and your sense of self, and how your relationships with other people (money/freinds/sex/ideals) are **GRINDING** against this.

Interestingly, the signs involved in your grand cross are native to the houses involved, just "rotated" 90 degrees (2H - Leo) (8H - Aqua) (5H - Scorpio) (11H -Taurus). My theory is that this would reinforce the house focus described above.

With Cancer ascendant, the grand cross featuring the moon and neptune, and also venus being in watery scorpio, I'm thinking there's a strong water/emotion focus. Your sun is also in 4H, which has water/emotion focus. So there's a lot of emotion, but with Saturn in 1H Leo (in detriment, and conjunct moon) - my guess it that you feel unable to express it all. Perhaps you feel like these are your personal problems, and you shouldn't show them, or that no-one should "have to" listen to you.

Note also that mars and venus are in detriment - perhaps what you want, and the way you feel like you can get it, are especially "difficult" for this period of time (if squares and oppositions didn't make this difficult enough already!!).

On the up side (there always is one!) from 4H libra, mercury makes a tight trine and sextile to planets in the grand cross. Your sun makes a looser trine and sextile. Jupiter is also in 4H Libra. My guess is that you have spent considerable time and effort THINKING about your relationships, and CHOOSING how to ACT on your emotions in a balanced, considered manner.

I have faith that you've got the emotional resources/resilience to "figure it out" and take something positive from whatever difficulties you've faced during the year. Jupiter conjunct nadir would also suggest so ;)

Qualifier: I may be entirely off target, this is an interpretation of how the chart looks to me! I'd be interested to know if any of it sounds right for you :)

Last edited:

Howl

P.S. - I have a fixed grand cross this year, with different planets, and also a kite ;) I think it's beautiful!! One of the most rewarding years of my life, so far.