South Node in the 2nd House

ElenaJ

With Uranus, Neptune and mars in the 4th, it's easy to see you have challenges in your home life. Uranus is very rebellious and refuses authority. It squares Jupiter, ruler of the 4th house and representing your father, so there is a built in conflict here.
It isn't always clear when interpreting a chart if the 4th is the mother or the father, you say you have issues with your mother... and your father? Maybe your mother should be the 4th?
However, Uranus also trines your sun, on the cusp of the 12th, which means you can resolve this, look inside yourself. Mars and Neptune there are also difficult to handle, but again, Neptune gives you a handle through transformative Pluto, on the cusp of your 3rd of thoughts and communications. Mars, your initiative, is a little isolated, making only the square with Venus, who rules your house of self esteem, so sometimes you need a bit of a push to take action.
So, you have to look inward, change your way to thinking, work on your self confidence, to lighten the home situation and relationship with your father (or mother).
You wrote that you applied for jobs where you are overqualified. When I was in a position to evaluate job applications, if someone was overqualified, their application would be set aside and not considered, with the idea that they wouldn't be happy in the position, and would soon try to move on. Why are you applying for jobs like this? Why are you not applying for what you are qualified? Not sure if you mentioned what your expertise is, but I don't understand why you are doing this. Not criticising, just trying to understand.

Eric traveller

With Uranus, Neptune and mars in the 4th, it's easy to see you have challenges in your home life. Uranus is very rebellious and refuses authority. It squares Jupiter, ruler of the 4th house and representing your father, so there is a built in conflict here.
It isn't always clear when interpreting a chart if the 4th is the mother or the father, you say you have issues with your mother... and your father? Maybe your mother should be the 4th?
However, Uranus also trines your sun, on the cusp of the 12th, which means you can resolve this, look inside yourself. Mars and Neptune there are also difficult to handle, but again, Neptune gives you a handle through transformative Pluto, on the cusp of your 3rd of thoughts and communications. Mars, your initiative, is a little isolated, making only the square with Venus, who rules your house of self esteem, so sometimes you need a bit of a push to take action.
So, you have to look inward, change your way to thinking, work on your self confidence, to lighten the home situation and relationship with your father (or mother).
You wrote that you applied for jobs where you are overqualified. When I was in a position to evaluate job applications, if someone was overqualified, their application would be set aside and not considered, with the idea that they wouldn't be happy in the position, and would soon try to move on. Why are you applying for jobs like this? Why are you not applying for what you are qualified? Not sure if you mentioned what your expertise is, but I don't understand why you are doing this. Not criticising, just trying to understand.

Thank you Elena J, I had strong issues with my father, and with my mother it seems to be anger directed at her, and a difficulty expressing love and affection, it's pretty cold and distant... these things are hard to discuss. So I'd say it's both parents.

I'm trying with my Mother right now as my father's passed away, but it's hard.
I think I do that with jobs because of low confidence...not knowing what it is I want to be doing. Doing what I feel I "have to do." The 10th house speaks to that.
Yeah.. I'm just trying to make this better with my Mom. It's a really hard situation. I'm a science major but don't have interest in that stuff anymore. I guess, I'm applying for jobs that I think I could get easily. Or that I'd be good in... I don't know. I've just been trying to get a job. And, I've recently thought about getting a complete career shift. acting & writing, or getting into a career shift into that different direction. I don't know.
Thank you for your advice. I'll try to look inward although I don't know what else I can do. The anger just keeps on coming, towards my Mom. It's endless... I think that's the major problem right now. Ask for jobs, I'm rebellious and have my own idea, that's the issue.
Thank you.

Last edited:

ElenaJ

"I'm a science major but don't have interest in that stuff anymore."

What is it that does interest you? Gemini on the midheaven shouts communication, but it is also a double sign so maybe more than one job?

"I guess, I'm applying for jobs that I think I could get."

Well, it doesn't seem to be working out up to now, why not try applying for jobs that you are more qualified for? As they say, what do you have to lose at this point?

"my mother it seems to be anger directed at her, and a difficulty with her expressing love and affection, and her being pretty cold and distant.."

These are very delicate issues. Each of us has some black spot in our childhood, admittedly yours is more challenging. Concentrate on your own reaction to her, let her reaction be her job. The problem is, we only have one mother and one father and when it is too late, we are left behind to carry the burden of guilt for unresolved issues inside ourselves.

Eric traveller

You mentioned Sun on the cusp, of the 12th house. What does it mean to have a sun on the last 5 degrees of the eleventh house???

Acting, I think that maybe getting into the arts, like play-acting or screen acting would be interesting and fun, also...some writing perhaps. I enjoy writing a lot.
Travel, international trade..embassy's idk.stuff like that is way cool.

Last edited:

ElenaJ

Your sun is on the 12th cusp, it isn't 5 degrees short. Why are you asking this?

No, it doesn't sound dumb. What is dumb is not following your "slot."
The energies in your chart all add up in a certain way, and lay out a path, you should be following that.
There are so many possibilities in the fields you mentioned.
Even in travel, think of the documentaries to promote destinations... they are all written and there is an "actor" presenting it. Banal, but it isn't as easy as it might seem, not everyone can do it, make a place sound intriguing and attractive, without being boring.
Not everyone has to write the Godfather or be Brad Pitt!

ElenaJ

Why do you say that?
Actually, the chart you posted isn't the format I usually use, but looking closely it seems to me the 12th cusp is at 26 Leo and your sun is at 24 Leo, more or less.
A planet that is within 3 degrees of the next house cusp is considered to be in that house. It's already run it's way through the one house and is now picking up energy from the next.

Eric traveller

The chart that I have says it's at 2 or 3 degrees short of the 12th house, in Leo.

Ugh.. it's confusing isn't it!!!
I've ran several charts and they all say the same thing.* I'm on mobile, right now. I can try to repost it later, because I can't do it on this thing with this thing...Ugh. Sorry

Last edited:

ElenaJ

Here you can see from the aspect table the exact degrees on the cusps.
It's a little more legible than the format that was posted.
Also, while I was at it, I did the progressed chart too.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 18.29.17.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 18.29.17.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 18.29.56.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 18.29.56.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 23

Osamenor

Staff member
But it's still in the 11th house what does that mean?? That's the question that I have that I don't fully understand...

Usually, any placement so close to the cusp would be interpreted as already in the house it's at the cusp of. But you can always get different opinions from different astrologers. To complicate matters even more, which house your sun is actually in might be different if you use different house systems.

Here's my technique for planets on the house cusp: I interpret them mainly for the overlapping meanings of both houses. I also give a little extra consideration to which whole sign house the planet is in. Since Leo is your twelfth sign, I would give a little more weight to the twelfth house part, but also consider where the meaning of the twelfth house overlaps with the meaning of the eleventh.

The eleventh and twelfth are both global and long term houses. You in the context of your society at large. You in the context of the world. Who you become over time (and who and what helps you become that--that's an eleventh house message in particular). What kind of legacy you leave.

That section of the chart is a section to grow into. When you have Sun, Moon, or planets, especially personal planets, there, you will have some manifestation of it all your life, but it becomes even stronger and more evident the older you get.

People with a lot of twelfth house placements stand to become symbols for their society. Many elected politicians and celebrities have busy twelfth houses--in fact, it's much more common for people who are famous in that way to have a busy twelfth house than a busy tenth. People with a lot of eleventh house are often, at least at some time in their lives, very involved in creating or working with community. Even if they're introverted and don't feel much like community oriented people, there still is some desire to be part of the collective, and to create space for it if you don't have it to step into. Either way, an eleventh/twelfth house individual really shines in the context of who they are with and for the world.

Eric traveller

Thank you so much. I'm just thinking about all of this. Thanks for uploading the progressed chart, and my regular chart. And thank you for that explanation. It's a lot to think about.. and I'll be contemplating this for quite some time.

This was really helpful and interesting. I guess deep in my heart I have felt more like a quiet almost suppressed subdued Leo, as I have trouble really manifesting all of the outwardly brazen manifestations of the sign, and it doesn't come as naturally to me. I think this is interesting to have your Sun placed here of all the planets. It's complicated and makes for a complicated sort of a person, generally. I think. Thank you both for your explanations and your support.
It is greatly appreciated.. !!

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Hi

I haven't gone through all the posts, so apologies if you have already mentioned this.

Do you like to write? You would do well at that and could earn off of it in fact.

Osamenor

Staff member
This was really helpful and interesting. I guess deep in my heart I have felt more like a quiet almost suppressed subdued Leo, as I have trouble really manifesting all of the outwardly brazen manifestations of the sign, and it doesn't come as naturally to me.
The outward brazen manifestation of Leo is impossible for anyone with Virgo rising and a Capricorn Moon. We show our rising sign and feel our Moon sign. Virgo and Capricorn are both very introverted signs.

Sun sign, and house, is where your personal growth mainly lies, but Leo personal growth does not demand brazenness. It may manifest as brazenness, if the rest of the chart supports that, but it's much more common for Leo to show up like a shy kitty-cat: needing attention and validation from the right people at the right times and wanting to be left alone under all other circumstances.

Leo is the ultimate personal growth sign. Other signs tell any Sun placed in them something about how it must grow. Leo just says, "Grow! Be all you can be!"

A Leo Sun does need some validation from others, because Leo growth is the kind that happens with feedback. Going back to the cat analogy, all cats purr in response to being stroked, with prompts more stroking, which prompts more purring. The question is how many people they want to be stroked by. Some cats will approach anyone and everyone. Others are very selective. (And there are cats who don't like it at all, but that's not what I'm thinking of here.)
I think this is interesting to have your Sun placed here of all the planets. It's complicated and makes for a complicated sort of a person, generally. I think. Thank you both for your explanations and your support.
It is greatly appreciated.. !!
The twelfth house is the most complicated Sun placement of all. A Leo twelfth house Sun is extra complicated, because the message of the sign and the house are so different.

Eric traveller

The outward brazen manifestation of Leo is impossible for anyone with Virgo rising and a Capricorn Moon. We show our rising sign and feel our Moon sign. Virgo and Capricorn are both very introverted signs.

Sun sign, and house, is where your personal growth mainly lies, but Leo personal growth does not demand brazenness. It may manifest as brazenness, if the rest of the chart supports that, but it's much more common for Leo to show up like a shy kitty-cat: needing attention and validation from the right people at the right times and wanting to be left alone under all other circumstances.

Leo is the ultimate personal growth sign. Other signs tell any Sun placed in them something about how it must grow. Leo just says, "Grow! Be all you can be!"

A Leo Sun does need some validation from others, because Leo growth is the kind that happens with feedback. Going back to the cat analogy, all cats purr in response to being stroked, with prompts more stroking, which prompts more purring. The question is how many people they want to be stroked by. Some cats will approach anyone and everyone. Others are very selective. (And there are cats who don't like it at all, but that's not what I'm thinking of here.)
The twelfth house is the most complicated Sun placement of all. A Leo twelfth house Sun is extra complicated, because the message of the sign and the house are so different.

Yeah...Tell me about it. Nothing in my f***in chart makes any sense. Nothing. And I'm sorry if I'm cussing, I'm just that upset, that mad. You're right...
Its complicated, and I can't make any sense of it. Why the hell would God give me this type of a placement?

I was just thinking about this...ran some vedic charts to get perspective on my real life circumstances. It puts it squarely in the twelfth house. And, I can tell you I don't belong here. I feel like this is a CURSE. I grew up overseas..and lived most of a lot of my childhood in foreign places..and countries. I enjoyed it immensely, and I truly felt connected there, and happy. I couldn't explain it, and I still can't explain that, it gives me a weird feeling that I can't understand, and I definitely cannot explain to others. I end up doubting myself and my own intuition, which is awful and painful.my whole life I've felt that way. It's kept me stuck in the same place - not moving, miserable...& confused. Worst of all unhappy. When I try to explain this...I feel that I have no support, especially from family & friends, who are even hostile.

Anytime I try to rationally explain this..I fall flat on my face. I can't!
And, then argue with myself about it until I distrust what I'm feeling..because my rational logic can't understand what these feelings are...and tries to disprove them. And then it makes me feel crazy. This is how I've felt. my. entire. Life.
I havent been able to make anything of my life also, because of this. And had the suspicion that if I just moved to a foreign country...I'd be able to start a life and be happy. Of course, this sounds crazy to people so they doubt and mistrust you. And tell you this is stupid, and theres no way you should do this.they don't understand (And Rightly so) So...the whole cycle of self-doubt and torture continues.
...and feeling stuck where you are and hated. And despised by the community- that wouldn't listen to you or accept you in the first place.
Caused me great depression when I moved back to the States. I was told to 'get along and get with the program"...which I did of course nobody understood. I felt ibe been persecuted in my own country. And it's been near 2 decades of living in a place. I would honestly rather die than have this placement. Which sounds like a possibility.
What am I supposed to...move to another place, by myself, leave all my family (that I don't see) behind and start a new life as some perpetual outsider, wandering around a foreign country my whole life.
Wtf am I supposed to do? What does this mean?? How am I supposed to handle all this.

My life s*cks, and it's sad. It's painful and it doesn't make any kind of sense. I am really depressed about this.
I can't even think straight, and be coherent when I think about this.
It makes me feel all weird inside.
My entire life is lived in isolation.
I must have done something really bad...in a former life, to deserve this placement?

But I can't figure out what.

How to gain the courage, willpower and conviction to move? That's the question. This has been.. historically the hardest thing, because everyone doubts you, and you dount yourself. Maybe I need to go by intuition, and not logic. I'm such a fun person overseas, not here. I'm a different person here..not fun, and not myself, not happy. But I can't gain the courage to move.
Maybe...that's the trick. After all divine knowledge is given by Intuition, the closest faculty to God.
Logic and doubt just deceive..lies, they are the enemy of faith, and creation.

Last edited:

ElenaJ

"How to gain the courage, willpower and conviction to move? "

Well, I, and probably the others here on the thread, have seen a lot of more complex and challenged charts than yours. Why were you put on this earth at exactly that precise moment? That's something you will have to find out over your lifetime. But there is nothing that can't be overcome.
Just a side note, I grew up in the US, but always thought about visiting Europe, which was always out of my reach. And although I am American and feel completely American, I never felt at home there. At a certain point, by chance fate intervened and I travelled to Europe, and never returned. Still here. My family is in the states, and being an expat is not easy when you are far from family, but thousands are in that same situation and you learn to live with it.
So you see, your situation isn't so unique as it might seem to you, it happens to a lot of us.
Courage? People would tell me, I wish I had the courage to do the same thing! Well, the truth is it doesn't take courage, you just do it. You follow your life path, often without realising what you are actually doing or getting into.
Willpower? When it just feels right, you do it, and you don't look back.
Determination? When you follow your instinct for life, it doesn't take determination, it becomes the only alternative.
There will come a time in your life, and I think it is coming soon, when you will just do it.
Looking at your natal, the 9th of foreign things is ruled by your lovely Venus in libra. Libra wants to stay with its partner, doesn't want to go it alone. Venus makes an easy sextile with mercury, in Leo sign of personal development.
Inevitably, sooner or later, you will be on the path of going overseas. Your Venus doesn't want to do it alone, but you can either pair up with someone to leave together or you will meet up with someone over there, it will work itself out.
The progressed chart shows that your 9th has moved on to gemini, a sign of curiosity and movement, ruled by mercury, who is now on your ascendent looking for expression, and practically conjunct that sweet natal Venus of yours, tying the energies together.
Progressed Venus is now in your natal 3rd of travels.
Even if you don't decide, destiny will decide it for you, the chess pieces are being set up on the board and you won't be able to ignore them.
Good luck, I envy you, you have it all ahead of you and it will be an exciting time for you!

Eric traveller

"How to gain the courage, willpower and conviction to move? "

Well, I, and probably the others here on the thread, have seen a lot of more complex and challenged charts than yours. Why were you put on this earth at exactly that precise moment? That's something you will have to find out over your lifetime. But there is nothing that can't be overcome.
Just a side note, I grew up in the US, but always thought about visiting Europe, which was always out of my reach. And although I am American and feel completely American, I never felt at home there. At a certain point, by chance fate intervened and I travelled to Europe, and never returned. Still here. My family is in the states, and being an expat is not easy when you are far from family, but thousands are in that same situation and you learn to live with it.
So you see, your situation isn't so unique as it might seem to you, it happens to a lot of us.
Courage? People would tell me, I wish I had the courage to do the same thing! Well, the truth is it doesn't take courage, you just do it. You follow your life path, often without realising what you are actually doing or getting into.
Willpower? When it just feels right, you do it, and you don't look back.
Determination? When you follow your instinct for life, it doesn't take determination, it becomes the only alternative.
There will come a time in your life, and I think it is coming soon, when you will just do it.
Looking at your natal, the 9th of foreign things is ruled by your lovely Venus in libra. Libra wants to stay with its partner, doesn't want to go it alone. Venus makes an easy sextile with mercury, in Leo sign of personal development.
Inevitably, sooner or later, you will be on the path of going overseas. Your Venus doesn't want to do it alone, but you can either pair up with someone to leave together or you will meet up with someone over there, it will work itself out.
The progressed chart shows that your 9th has moved on to gemini, a sign of curiosity and movement, ruled by mercury, who is now on your ascendent looking for expression, and practically conjunct that sweet natal Venus of yours, tying the energies together.
Progressed Venus is now in your natal 3rd of travels.
Even if you don't decide, destiny will decide it for you, the chess pieces are being set up on the board and you won't be able to ignore them.
Good luck, I envy you, you have it all ahead of you and it will be an exciting time for you!

Wow.You and some other astrologers on here are apt & have an incredible gift of seeing connections in a chart. That's amazing... I'm still learning, myself, maybe, with time and patience I'll get there.
Sometimes...I'm afraid of what I may learn. The less you know.

I was looking at my vimshotti and D9 charts yesterday. I've got a guandanta (a point of drowning...) in my ascendant Leo at 00°:48" and in Rahu at 0°. This is interesting.
The point of drowning in a chart is at the very end of a water sign, and at the beginning of a fire. This only occurs here; and it happens at the very end of the padas 4, and beginning of 1. Usually, there are arching nakshatras to carry you through. But..it's called the point of drowning because it seems that it is like is fissure or a crack, or a seam.. where there are no nakshatras to carry you through. It's a perilous point where you must sink or swim. That's why it's called the point of drowning.

Am I going to drown in the waters of my past,home. Or go forward in self-expression and development?