Aspects supporting GENIUS or ECCENTRICITY!!!

hiimnotcool

AquariusT said:
This is a great thread. I am going to bed and will reply in the am when I can read the whole thing. =)

BTW look for Uranus in the 5th of the mother, for a genius child.

This is hilarious. Not only do I have most of the 'genius' aspects listed in this thread, final dispositor being a mutual reception of Mercury and the Sun, but my Mother has a Mercury/Uranus conjunction in the 5th house of Leo, (which is the same sign as my Mercury). I'm having trouble figuring out why I'm not a genius. I've tried to take IQ tests before and after the 1st or 2nd question I usually lose my patience and don't want to do it anymore.

Anyways, I like keeping up with this thread. It's very intriguing.

Sagmoon

Finally the authentic one!!!!! It's good you don't know you are, otherwise it wouldn't work... So since you bumped into this thread without us having to find you, would it be possible to see your chart, and maybe discuss possible intellect developments?? ;)

S

hiimnotcool

Sagmoon said:
Finally the authentic one!!!!! It's good you don't know you are, otherwise it wouldn't work... So since you bumped into this thread without us having to find you, would it be possible to see your chart, and maybe discuss possible intellect developments?? ;)

S

Are you talking to me?

hiimnotcool

Hi

astro_2gw_138_chris_86272_30006.gif

AquariusT

hiimnotcool said:
This is hilarious. Not only do I have most of the 'genius' aspects listed in this thread, final dispositor being a mutual reception of Mercury and the Sun, but my Mother has a Mercury/Uranus conjunction in the 5th house of Leo, (which is the same sign as my Mercury). I'm having trouble figuring out why I'm not a genius. I've tried to take IQ tests before and after the 1st or 2nd question I usually lose my patience and don't want to do it anymore.

Anyways, I like keeping up with this thread. It's very intriguing.

Well, uranus in the 5th can be genius or or the opposite spectrum. Uranus in the 5th alone is an unusual child. I have seen it be genius many times. But this thread is mostly about the genius, no? :rolleyes:

hiimnotcool

AquariusT said:
Well, uranus in the 5th can be genius or or the opposite spectrum. Uranus in the 5th alone is an unusual child. I have seen it be genius many times. But this thread is mostly about the genius, no? :rolleyes:

huh? i posted my chart and i don't have uranus in the 5th. someone mentioned to look at the chart of your PARENTS and when they have uranus in the 5th it often times means genius children. I looked at my Mothers chart and me and my sister both have Uranus/Mercury aspects. I have a trine and my sister has a sextile. I got into this thread because I didn't really 'feel' like I resnoated too much with all of the other comments regarding 'genius' and I have basically ever aspect listed in this thread. sorry if i came off a little vague..didn't mean to.

Sagmoon

Something I've noticed in search of clever people: when mercury is aspected by mars, the thinking can be very robust, down to earth and have very defined logic. People that I knew with an aspect from mars and no other aspects were very unimaginative, creative to a degree and opinionated. This only applies to the ones that don't have many other aspects. However, it didn't stop them from being good in school as the aspect to mars gives lots of energy and stamina esp in areas like science (hence i envy people with mercury/mars aspects a little). Mars does not have to be aspected to mercury it can also be aspected to the sun, regardless whether the sun in turn will be aspected to mercury, it will give the stamina to carry out heavy mathematical calculations or any mental load.

Also, the afflictions from any planets and the conjunctions will all make the person slightly frustrated inside as he/she struggles to find an outlet to the irregular energy and find an order. The trines on the other hand require constant activation. So maybe your uranus is still waiting to be noticed, as you have many other aspects that might be dominating at this present. 'No patience' comes from jupiter opposition and mars i think. Jupiter especially can make you optimistic about jumping to conclusions without feeling guilty about skipping all the details ;) etc, etc

Aside: when defining intelligence all aspects to the sun, and i believe venus should be included :) oh and ascendant as mentioned before...

S

Last edited:

Sagmoon

Couldn't resist. Over the summer i got interested in Savants and started collecting the data. There are no times to the birth charts so I don't think it is sophisticated :( Nevertheless, I discovered that their mercury and sun is heavily conjuncted by asteroids, and to a lesser degree planets. Planets usually form afflictions like squares and oppositions. It seemed that all asteroids are included and well, the ones that i concentrated on are the ones readily available in astro.com, plus some other commonly mentioned due to their proximity to the earth.

But this thread is about geniuses not autistic savants..? Hope you forgive me, as the autistics (not just savants) show similar aspects as the geniuses would have. In fact as stated in Wiki, one of the symptoms to look out for is when the child is fascinated by some intricate structures, eg molecular structure. Etc, etc. I don't have the means to make such a research complete. It seems to be that although the genius aspects are so familiar, there are fine lines between being disabled or empowered by them...

S

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Firstly, thank you All for bringing in new perspectives and your own aspects plus experiences into this thread - very enriching.:)

Perhaps, words like 'intelligence' and 'genius' can be difficult to put in a single definition, as people might interpret them slightly differently, and so their astro aspects can also be quite varied. However, I do think that Uranus (higher octave of Merc) is to genius what Mars is to action, so Uranus aspects should certainly be considered in regard to the topic of this thread. Of course, planets like Jupiter, say in the third or aspecting Merc can enhance/expand the intellect, or Saturn can lend perseverence/practicality/wisdom..

Reading through most of the new posts, there are a couple of things I'd like to comment/ seek clarifications on.

Sagmoon said:
Something I've noticed in search of clever people: when mercury is aspected by mars, the thinking can be very robust, down to earth and have very defined logic.
Hi Sagmoon, very interesting what you've mentioned in your posts, but I have been wondering why you would ascribe that down-to-earth quality to (fiery) Mars?

piercethevale said:
I'm particulary experienced with Mercury trine Pluto..
Pierce, I think that a Pluto-Merc trine, or even Pluto in the 3rd can give the native a deep and probing mind (excellent for researchers) that likes to get to the bottom of things and is not content with just scratching the surface.

Btw, like Piercethevale, I can also recommend Sakoian and Acker - easy and with substance.

Hi Epsilon,
I'm sure that Uranus makes you into quite a genius, I mean most of the stuff that comes from you at your age on this forum sets quite a brilliant example.:)
Epsilon said:
I'm sure my Uranus conjunct Ascendant (orb of 1 degree) would make me a genius and eccentric. Or at least make it appear that I'm like that.
My Mercury in third house I've heard denotes intelligence.
My Uranus trines my sun, so this would probably also signify genius and eccentricity.
And Saturn (the ruler of my Capricorn Ascendant) is in Aquarius, the sign of geniuses and eccentrics.

AquariusT said:
BTW look for Uranus in the 5th of the mother, for a genius child.
AquariusT, thanks for pointing this out. Obviously, I followed your suggestion and looked at my mum's chart, and yep, there it was, that Uranus - nice and comfy in her 5th (explains quite a bit ;)).

Incidentally, a very Happy New Year to All.
:)aquarius7000

Last edited:

Serendipity

I have Mercury (Gemini -11th house) opposing Mars (Sag - 5th). I don't think I'm unimaginative but then again I'm biased. I am logical and like math/science. But I also like art/literature;)

Sagmoon

Serendipity said:
I have Mercury (Gemini -11th house) opposing Mars (Sag - 5th). I don't think I'm unimaginative but then again I'm biased. I am logical and like math/science. But I also like art/literature;)

Keep up the good work ;)

S

Last edited:

Claire19

Brilliance and eccentricity belongs to Aquarius and Uranus. In contact with Mercury can denote a great mind. Also inclined to madness. Fine line etc..
Any contact with Uranus to the personal planets will incline to non conventionality, forward thinking and often great inventive powers.
It can be a lonely phenomenon as the person feels out of step with others and "marching to the beat of a different drum". It is the influence of the rebel and the upsetter of the status quo especially in regards to humanitarian issues and the field of science.

aquarius7000

Sagmoon said:
i have mercury sq uranus rx, plus sextile saturn, trine jupiter, sq moon conjunct uranus..
Sagmoon,

These are some 'brilliant'ly creative aspects, IMO. You've got to have a very keen, quick and restless mind and one thriving on 'news' and excitement......this I relate to Uranus (higher octave of Merc) - Merc (the mind) aspects. With the Moon (subconscious self, emotional intelligence and creativity) in an aspect to both Ura and Merc, this makes for an excellent mix of the analytical (Mer), emotional (Moon) and an original-thinking plus progressive (Ura) mind.

On a side note, what Mer-Ura squares and oppositions can give the native, besides a pretty nervous and wakeful, even an indecisive mind, is some tactlessness and a special ability to say something shocking (not necessarily bad though) when it comes to communicating with others.

As an Aqua Sun & Merc, with both planets in the house of the other (ie Merc in 6th and Ura in 3rd), I have my Ura in main aspects to both Moon and Ven (ruler of 3rd through Lib), and, at work, I have been included off and on in special crisis task-forces, where a group of people is put together to brainstorm ideas/solutions, sometimes called in-house consultants. Perhaps some of this ability, also comes from my 9th-house Aries Chiron in sextile to both Sun and Merc. (And, oh, for what its worth, I also have a tight trine between Ura and Black Moon Lilith (the latter I am into accepting more and more), which, though not directly related to the topic, could give me a pretty independent mind and personality). I have a mind that needs continual input, is pretty restless and can be fairly indecisive, though my active Sat keeps that under control a bit.

Claire, this..
Claire19 said:
Any contact with Uranus to the personal planets will incline to non conventionality, forward thinking and often great inventive powers. It can be a lonely phenomenon as the person feels out of step with others and "marching to the beat of a different drum".
..quite closely describes the Uranian types, esp Aquarians.

;)AQ7

Last edited:

Sagmoon

aquarius7000 said:
Sagmoon,

On a side note, what Mer-Ura squares and oppositions can give the native, besides a pretty nervous and wakeful, even an indecisive mind, is some tactlessness and a special ability to say something shocking (not necessarily bad though) when it comes to communicating with others.

;)AQ7
Yes, very much so! I always shock people by saying something that just poped into my mind, that seems to be so utterly logical but just up side down ( a term i use to understand myself:D), but so right nonetheless, at least to me! I think uranus sq mercury can come as impulsive so people refuse to believe in it... I think all squares can be seen as narrow minded sometimes too as you just end up thinking with what the squaring planet is 'giving' you, which can be so much out of tune with everything else... I guess there are two sides to everything and everything is relative :)

Last edited:

Shokk

23 said:
And from wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uranus_(mythology)

Yes, saturn is about building structure. Uranus is about tearing it down and creating a new structure.
The way I read the myth it sounds more like Saturn is about tearing down said structure. As Cronus ( or Saturn (blagh, I hate Roman names for greek things)) Overthrew Ouranus via the castratings.
This kind of contradicts astrological views of the things I guess, but I suppose it still makes sense if you're just looking at the fact that one opposes the other rather than the mythology of the planet's names.

Arian Maverick

I assume from the title of this thread that we're referring to a sort of mental spontaneity, perhaps a less traditional form of intelligence than that indicated by standard IQ tests? Although many savants and other types do have extraordinarily high IQs...

I'm asking because, if we adopt IQ tests as a valid indicator of intelligence and genius, we could attempt to compile a list of individuals with IQs above a certain predescribed limit. I'm sure there must be some psychological indication of genius--perhaps scores outside the third standard deviation, obviously those way above rather than way below the mean score of 100?

EDIT: I was close, but no cigar; I found one site describing genius as anything above a 140, which is slightly less than three standard deviations above the mean (145).

In case anyone is wondering why I'm describing scores in these terms, I'm currently taking statistics, and IQ scores were the example my book uses for the bell curve ("normal distribution"). I just had a statistics exam, and now I can't get the information out of my head! :eek:

I'm tempted to steal the diagram on this site, but I'll be good and link to it instead: IQ Basics.

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Michael

I think Genius cannot be measured by IQ tests or by any other indirect means. The only way to know it is with solid evidence of extraordinary capacity in some domain. Mozart for example does not need to present an IQ test to prove his genius, his work speaks for itself.

That said, astrology could point some tendencies here and there, but I doubt it can accurately predict a genius.

Xibalba

My Mercury (Pisces!?) is SQUARE Uranus, there's nothing in my 3rd except Pluto and Moon, nothing in Sagittarius, and Jupiter's (and Mars oO) are in GEMINI!

Arrrgh I'm a fool. :mad:

katydid

I suppose I have some strong elements astrologically .

My mercury @ 17 scorpio/7th is trine Uranus 18 cancer /3rd and opposed jupiter /18 Taurus conjunct the asc

So I have the merc/jupiter/uranus triplicity of mental accomplishments in a nice configuration.

How did it work out for me in school? I found that I didnt need to study much to stay on top of my grades, then got into a good university, UC Berk,
and had a hard time keeping up. The good news was there were tremendous Astrology classes and teachers there in the early 70's, and so I segued into that instead.

You can bet my parents were thrilled when I switched from pre-law @ UC, dropped out, and told them I was learning to do astrology charts instead.