Crows signify death???

*emma*

Banned
loads of crows crow around my house daily but no one dies, oh ive just seen my last post was moderated i better go i was only trying to say i dont like fear based philosophies my bad must have worded it wrong

wintersprite1

Premium Member
loads of crows crow around my house daily but no one dies, oh ive just seen my last post was moderated i better go i was only trying to say i dont like fear based philosophies my bad must have worded it wrong

*emma* it is about how it was worded. This is a subforum based on spirituality. There will be lots of things here people do not agree with, but it is part of their chosen beliefs. Most spiritual items are not based on hard fact, so mostly this is about opinion. And it is fine to disagree, we just need to be sure we are not insulting of those beliefs.

TK

Caro

Eedwards - I have Irish roots too. My mum to this day willnot go near the colour purple cos it reminds her of those who died(they dressed them in purple robes) . Also the gypsies and the gypsy curses - she hates lavender and wont by anything from them.

I think this goes back to their upbringing.

Saturnian

I'm not very supersticious,but if crows were an omen of death wouldn't it mean they'd appear to all people at some point in their life?Why would they only appear to a certain few?And why should we rule out coincidences?
Cause if crows appeared to a person everytime someone close to them were to die in a few days,I could say that perhaps they have a sixth sense.

eedwards

I was always told that a bird trying to enter the home is a sign of death...not just seeing a crow. My two experiences with unexpected deaths were preceded by birds trying to fly into my home and office. They flew directly into a closed window while trying to enter making a loud thump! I will say... it was a bit unnerving.

Jesusistheway

I think birds can be messengers from the gods. depending on the bird and your association with it.

I see crows as magic. ravens as protective. owls as bringing in wisdom.
robins always bring me joy and remind me to smile.

however I have also seen a lot of crows and ravens in an area near a prison. there is a lot of darkness in this area. Prison next door to a hospital. a lot of darkness in both of these places. the birds are there as a warning.

Omfg, I believe the same thing. I always feel crows, raves, and robins around me but my mom is lucky to see owls, which is so friggin rare. I can see Raves as being protective because they are huge yet finessed and more gentle than crows.

Crows are very intelligent. They remember wrongs and pass it down to generations. They also stand above lights waiting for traffic to pass by in order to get food off the cement. I always wondered why I would see crows pecking the ground when there was nothing to eat, perhaps its an omen to prepare for a coming famine??? Its rare to see one on top of a mail box I saw one on top of a mail box, I hope that book comes in. I absolutely love both raves and crows although I couldn't forget how they viciously killed a poor bird or lizard in a bush, I think it was a lizard :( It pecked it soo fast I hope it didn't experience pain. And yes Robins do bring me joy, yesterday I felt so down that I went out for a little smoke and they chirping and playing around me a bit. I felt so grateful. They are soo adorable. I don't trust that hawk around our area but I fell sorry for it cause its so lonely :( And all it does it eat smaller prey. Anyhow did you know that when Eagles grow to adulthood they are the top of the food chain and no other animal can hunt it down? I mean if they are lucky they can but its not easy.

I would like to know why in chapter Isaiah 40 the reference to renewing your strength has to do with Eagles. What is it about Eagles that makes them so much stronger than other birds? Its pretty dope its a symbol of our country. So if you dream of it in a good way good for you! It can symbolize America, strength, or loss of strength depending on situation.

In regards to post on why the crow came to her is probably because there is affinity of these birds to you. They don't just like anybody. My poor friend always gets her head pecked on by crows and she rants about it on facebook. I mean my old high school buddy. So anyway take it that they are befriending you in a significant event in your life. St. Frances kicked it with animals why can't we?? lol

Jesusistheway

Here's a funny thing I spoke to a crow the way crows speak. It came into my bedroom then I told it to leave as in a HAAAHR kind of way and it left lol.

So Im saying some people have totem animals. I believe mine are the wolves, crows, and other birds. I see lone ants sometimes, perhaps it means good luck on "finding your way." I have dreamt of wolves protecting me in dreams and such , they are so beautiful. Whatever animal you love the most, there you go! Reach out to it see what happens. Coming from someone who has their moon in pisces bring on the dreams!! :)

Caro

Moon in pisces here too!:wink:

really glad that you have the same experience with birds and that brings you such happiness(your mum too)

just had a raven re-visit me today(she has been away for some months) - scratching on the roof! really glad she has come back right now. :biggrin:

I guess if I had experienced a bird fly into a window/or house and then a death I might connect the two experiences.

Jaguar

I personally have rejected all the myths superstitions around birds and other stuff

They are fear based so I have no time for them.

Now I hear a crow and I think, its a crow crowing I see a Magpie in my garden and think what a beautiful colour their tail is

Life is too short to be superstitious and fearful

In response to your above quote, there is no gain for people who live in ignorance of the Universe's Guidance. Have you ever thought that perhaps the Universe it trying to help you, by giving you messages ?? Instead of choosing to believe that this type of wisdom is fear based, maybe you could instead believe that this type of Feminine intuition is based on TRUTH and not on fear. How very sad that you judge such wisdom as fear based, when you obviously have NO idea of the deeper wisdom and truth of the Universe. Very sad indeed. If we need answers about our life the Universe WILL showl us in ways that may seem rather "unusual" and if we ignore the messages then more fool us... i would surmise that your life is VERY dull and boring without such magical guidance and wisdom in your life. Very sad indeed

Caro

I think that the person to whom you wrote has been banned from the forum.

Cant believe this thread has been brought back to life after 5 years!:whistling:

JUPITERASC

I think that the person to whom you wrote has been banned from the forum.

Cant believe this thread has been brought back to life after 5 years!
:whistling:
according to online DREAM DICTIONARY at http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/

To see a crow in your dream represents death
and the darker aspects of your character.
Alternatively, the crow may be conveying a message from your subconscious :smile:

To dream that a crow kills a person represents an inescapable death.
This death may be a symbolic end
to some situation, habit, or relationship in your waking life.