Are all Cancer Ascendant doom to marry later in life?

greybeard

Gee, I have a Cancer ascendant and didn't get married until the ripe old age of 18. Oh, did I mention my Aquarius Sun?

Funny how these One'Size-Fits-All, Wham-Bang astrological prediction methods always seem to fail at the first challenge. Actually learning to read a chart is sooo hard.

Last edited:

UnluckyGirl

I'm a Cancer ASC, turning 39 in 2 days and never had a wife, rarely a GF and finds obtaining and keeping a relationship inaccessible and unobtainable. This is true if the sun or moon sign is Aquarius, ruled by the planetary "loner" Saturn. I admit many (but not all) Cancer ASC people are going to remain bachelors. :crying:

That's not true actually.
Not all Cancer ASCs are going to remain alone.

It's the ones born in the Cap generation whose whose Uranus and/or Neptune are in their 7th H, Saturn (in Cap or Aqua) is in their 8th H and Pluto in their 5th H.

I can't even count how many times I've seen this combo and probably it's not a coincidence, I have it myself.

Pluto in the 5th H gets 5th H matters such as romance, flirt, flings and casual sex very seriously (same goes for Saturn in 5th H) because Pluto needs depth which is kind of contradictive of what this house represents.

Uranus and Neptune are the most unrealistic planets, they are both so similar but for different reasons. Uranus needs mental stimulatiom, Neptune needs spiritual unison which would make one wonder then why would Neptune in 7th H aboid relationships? Because like Uranus, Neptune lives in its head too, wants to keep the idealistic image of the loved ones as long as possible. The most realistic the relationship the quicker Neptune will get disappointed in one way or another. That is why both of these planets need too much space and avoid relationships, at least the classic relationships.

Saturn in 8th H in Cap and especially Aqua is acting like a delay. That delay may be forever. Saturn in Aqua or Cap is strong. When a planet gives negative results it's best for the planet to be weak by sign because if it's strong it enhances the negative result, so the planet becomes stronger when it comes to negative results.

I've also known someone who has all the placements I mentioned above but Saturn is in Pisces in 8th H (even though the 8th H is in Aqua too) and she had sex but no relationship (Uranus and Neptune in 7th H).

Edit: I meant that all the ones I've known/seen with these placements didn't even had sex, not only relationships.

Uranus/Saturn/North Node in 7th H make it harder for the native to have relationships, so it may lead to someone going solo but it desn't mean he won't be intimate with anyone.

Last edited:

Emeraldstar99

That's not true actually.
Not all Cancer ASCs are going to remain alone.

It's the ones born in the Cap generation whose whose Uranus and/or Neptune are in their 7th H, Saturn (in Cap or Aqua) is in their 8th H and Pluto in their 5th H.

I can't even count how many times I've seen this combo and probably it's not a coincidence, I have it myself.

Pluto in the 5th H gets 5th H matters such as romance, flirt, flings and casual sex very seriously (same goes for Saturn in 5th H) because Pluto needs depth which is kind of contradictive of what this house represents.

Uranus and Neptune are the most unrealistic planets, they are both so similar but for different reasons. Uranus needs mental stimulatiom, Neptune needs spiritual unison which would make one wonder then why would Neptune in 7th H aboid relationships? Because like Uranus, Neptune lives in its head too, wants to keep the idealistic image of the loved ones as long as possible. The most realistic the relationship the quicker Neptune will get disappointed in one way or another. That is why both of these planets need too much space and avoid relationships, at least the classic relationships.

Saturn in 8th H in Cap and especially Aqua is acting like a delay. That delay may be forever. Saturn in Aqua or Cap is strong. When a planet gives negative results it's best for the planet to be weak by sign because if it's strong it enhances the negative result, so the planet becomes stronger when it comes to negative results.

I've also known someone who has all the placements I mentioned above but Saturn is in Pisces in 8th H (even though the 8th H is in Aqua too) and she had sex but no relationship (Uranus and Neptune in 7th H).

We auto sabotage things tho. I have Cancer Rising, uranus and neptune conjunct mars in 7th, pluto in 5th and Saturn retrograde in taurus in 10th. I attract serious relationships but me with the tendency of thinking they are going to cheat or use me anyway, I try to make is not a compromise.

clip11

Chocolate (I love chocolates)
Allow me to disagree with you (of course not about your mom although I am cutlrious to see her chart) but about Saturn giving rewards in the end. There are some natal charts that for some reason whenever Saturn transits or progressions touch natal placements the native gets something good via being patient (not trying hard but trying for a long time.. for example college). There are other charts like mine that whenever transit Saturn goes even into an empty house it destroys anything in that house and when it gets out of it deals the final blow which leaves the native devastated to the core.
What makes me more angry is the fact that Saturn's punishments are not something I personally deserved based on my choices or my actions. A great example would be when transit Saturn went through my empty 4th H.. When it entered my 4th H I learned about my father having cancer. I was at the hospital all day for about a little less than 2 years (with my dad) and when Saturn entered my 5tH house my dad died. Why? What was the Saturn's gift exactly? Then it entered my 5th house and the guy we've been trying for about 2 years to be together (because of the so many obstacles) told me that he had never had so many obstacles with anyone and that he thinks that the obstacles would never end for us.. The best part of all it's that he is Saturnian! A person witb capricorn and Saturn aspects saying that he never had so many obstacles before and that he was tired of it.. I mean even a Saturnian couldn't handle it..
We already had Saturn synastry aspects but all our trying hard to be with each other was leading to nothing.. what was the reward again? Nothing but pain in the end.
I can keep going on about everything that happened whenever transit Saturn touched a planet or a house of mines.. even when transit Saturn trined a planet there was some kind of dissapointment or pain just not a huge one compared to harder aspects.
Also I want to say that Saturn synastry aspects making relationship stable or last long is a huge HUGE myth. I've been through that not only once.. the reality is that those aspects put so many obstacles and the more of them you finally get over the more and the bigger ones keep appearing.. Everything prevents you from being with that person.. after a lot time has passed by trying it comes to a point that all you remember is trying.. and you wonder what the hell I was trying about? Where are the efing good times? Should I keep trying until I am forty? Fifty? Sixty? Until when?? The reality is that there is not a good end.
My longest lasting friendships and platonic relationships are the ones who have no synastry Saturn aspects AT ALL and here comes the best part.. not only they don't have Saturn aspects.. but they have tons of Uranus aspects! believe it or not..
I don't know why Saturn is so negative to the point of being seriously destructive for me since there aren't any hard tight Saturn aspects in my natal chart.
You have to see how Saturn affects you.. I know now that trying to get over Saturn obstacles for me is a no no.. so i run away when I see Saturn aspects in a synastry.
Look at how Saturn affects you.
yeah saturn is a ****** planet to have in your chart. i have a cap sun cap in 5th house saturn in 3rd house saturn square my asc. a seriously destructive planet to have

UnluckyGirl

We auto sabotage things tho. I have Cancer Rising, uranus and neptune conjunct mars in 7th, pluto in 5th and Saturn retrograde in taurus in 10th. I attract serious relationships but me with the tendency of thinking they are going to cheat or use me anyway, I try to make is not a compromise.

I had realised too many things too young actually before I even got into astrology.

Do you have long term "normal" relationships?

I'm interested in seeing your chart.
The cases I was mentioning have Saturn in 8th H (no relationships, no sex) or Saturn in 7th H (they have sex but relationships tend to be delayed)

It's the first time someone has all these placements with Saturn not being in 7th or 8th H. Would you mind posting your chart?

UnluckyGirl

yeah saturn is a ****** planet to have in your chart. i have a cap sun cap in 5th house saturn in 3rd house saturn square my asc. a seriously destructive planet to have

We all have Saturn somewhere in our chart. Some aspects/placements are easy while others are difficult.
How is Saturn playing out for you?

clip11

We all have Saturn somewhere in our chart. Some aspects/placements are easy while others are difficult.
How is Saturn playing out for you?

not good. its been like a cloud of bad luck following me around my whole life. and capricorn on 5th house cusp just ***** the joy and fun out of life.

UnluckyGirl

not good. its been like a cloud of bad luck following me around my whole life. and capricorn on 5th house cusp just ***** the joy and fun out of life.

Ugh.. I have just Saturn in 8th H (no aspects) and I can clearly feel how bad Saturn affects me in the 8th H matters.

Blocks, delays and obstacles are Saturnian traits.

Saturn in 5th H is indeed one of the most difficult Saturn placements. However I think Capricorn being the 5th H cusp is not as difficult.
Would you mind sharing your chart?

clip11

Ugh.. I have just Saturn in 8th H (no aspects) and I can clearly feel how bad Saturn affects me in the 8th H matters.

Blocks, delays and obstacles are Saturnian traits.

Saturn in 5th H is indeed one of the most difficult Saturn placements. However I think Capricorn being the 5th H cusp is not as difficult.
Would you mind sharing your chart?
I cant post it from my phone but i can give you the info and you can look up my chart
Dec 29 1986
1115 pm
Detroit michigan

Cancer ascendant people are the ones whose mindset change every fortnight. For cancer ascendant people the placement of Moon becomes crucial.Saturn the 7th and 8th lord being in the ascendant is an blessing in Disguise. Saturn being an 7th lord in ascendant means that the person will get an spouse of his will and their bond is long lasting as Saturn slows down the house he aspects. So the marriage bonding is strong provided the fact that Saturn is not in Jupiter nakshatra in cancer.Venus in 12th house in Gemini, It is 9th and 2nd from its houses respectively giving an positive impact on the person.

UnluckyGirl

I cant post it from my phone but i can give you the info and you can look up my chart
Dec 29 1986
1115 pm
Detroit michigan

You have a difficulr chart indeed.

However I don't relly think your problems are due to Saturn by any means.

You should actually be thankful for having Saturn ruler of your Mercury in your 3rd house since you have a Mercury-Neptune conjunction. Saturn helps a lot here.

Also Saturn conjuncts your 4th H by 5 orbs
while Uranus conjuncts it by 4 orbs.
Saturn stabilizes Uranus, so once more it's helpful for you..

Your problem is your Mars which is weak by sign, it squares Uranus exact, Moon by 1 orb and ASC by 2 orbs and is in your 7th H of relationships.

And your Moon which is in conjunction with your Uranus exact.

Your Mars (sexual attracrion and action) and Venus (likes, values) in square (doesn't agree) with your Moon (emotions).

Your 7th H is ruled by Neptune and Neptune conjuncts both youe Sun and Mercury. Which brings disappointments in relationships.

Uranus is strong in your chart.. You're definately Uranian and then Neptunian.

Uranus brings sudden changes. The native needs mental stimulation, it gets bored easily and doesn't like routines especially when in a hard aspect to Moon. Moon in mutable sign and in haed aspecr to Uranus definately makes feelings change quick.. Weak Mars in hars aspecr to Uranus may show aggressiveness. Lack of patience is a given here.

I can see how all these would bring problems to your relarionships.

I wish you had Saturn in conjunction to Uranus at least in irder to stabilise it and keep it down to earth as much as possible.

I have myself Uranus in 6th H conjunct 7th H and opposite Sun and it s*cks.

I am very interested to know if you're overly aggressive and getting pissed off easily.. Mars-Uranus gives sudden explosions which die as suddenly. Mars in hard aspect to Moon make the person really hard to be around in the same house.. too much tention. But Mars in Pisces is passive.

clip11

You have a difficulr chart indeed.

However I don't relly think your problems are due to Saturn by any means.

You should actually be thankful for having Saturn ruler of your Mercury in your 3rd house since you have a Mercury-Neptune conjunction. Saturn helps a lot here.

Also Saturn conjuncts your 4th H by 5 orbs
while Uranus conjuncts it by 4 orbs.
Saturn stabilizes Uranus, so once more it's helpful for you..

Your problem is your Mars which is weak by sign, it squares Uranus exact, Moon by 1 orb and ASC by 2 orbs and is in your 7th H of relationships.

And your Moon which is in conjunction with your Uranus exact.

Your Mars (sexual attracrion and action) and Venus (likes, values) in square (doesn't agree) with your Moon (emotions).

Your 7th H is ruled by Neptune and Neptune conjuncts both youe Sun and Mercury. Which brings disappointments in relationships.

Uranus is strong in your chart.. You're definately Uranian and then Neptunian.

Uranus brings sudden changes. The native needs mental stimulation, it gets bored easily and doesn't like routines especially when in a hard aspect to Moon. Moon in mutable sign and in haed aspecr to Uranus definately makes feelings change quick.. Weak Mars in hars aspecr to Uranus may show aggressiveness. Lack of patience is a given here.

I can see how all these would bring problems to your relarionships.

I wish you had Saturn in conjunction to Uranus at least in irder to stabilise it and keep it down to earth as much as possible.

I have myself Uranus in 6th H conjunct 7th H and opposite Sun and it s*cks.

I am very interested to know if you're overly aggressive and getting pissed off easily.. Mars-Uranus gives sudden explosions which die as suddenly. Mars in hard aspect to Moon make the person really hard to be around in the same house.. too much tention. But Mars in Pisces is passive.
i can get angry but for some reason i have a feeling of shame for expressing anger. also i had to work on being more courageous because its like i had a fear of not being able to defend myself. and i mean that literally like a fear that i wont be able to move.

i have had disappointments in relationships. i suffer from ADD and it hindered my social development and suffered from **** addiction which makes sexual relationships impossible because it causes ED.

Any advice on solving these aspects or making my mars stronger? And thanks for the reply

BaoSanniang

I am a Cancer sun with SAG ascendant, which means my Descendant is Gemini but my Mercury's in Cancer and it squares my Saturn.

I believe Cancer placements have a need to feel secure, to feel assured in their love for someone and someone's love for them before making any significant moves. Romantic, but we aren't the most passionate. We tend to look for someone who's faithful, devoted and stable, someone who can put up with us when we're showing some of our negative sides.

I have Aquarius moon, my Sun and Mercury are in VII, so having things to talk about and connecting on an intellectual / philosophical level is also important to me, I can't imagine living with a person who has lots of disagreements with me over just about everything.

However, what I am really looking for is a sense of security, what I need is to feel that it's extremely difficult, if not impossible to find a second person who'll treat me that well through both thick and thin. That's what will really get me to commit.

I would admire a partner who can protect me, who can make me feel safe. Who accepts and appreciates me for who I am, who is firm in what they believe in rather than being easily dictated by the world and by other people. Someone who has a number of the same fundamental values as me. Someone who can complement me in more practical ways when necessary because I absolutely suck at dealing with life, but is not too ambitious and expects me to change who I am.

I am a believer in what's considered early marriage by today's standards in Western, and increasingly in Asian societies. I am 22 and I believe my ideal age for marriage would be around 25. I mean, if I had that person now I'd probably marry this year. I believe it's not good to wait too long to put off marriage because I believe it's not good to enter marriage when you're older and probably more jaded, it's good to have some youthful innocence and spirit. Why do many couples who've lived together or have stayed together for many years end up not getting married? I believe it's because they've waited so long that the spark's no longer there, that they see each things too clearly, perhaps a bit too clearly. It's good to have a balance.

However, I am also skeptical of marriage as an institution of the state. It's more often than not used as a tool for control survey by the state and it doesn't appeal to the anarchist part of me. I believe marriage is a private affair.

Last edited:

UnluckyGirl

i can get angry but for some reason i have a feeling of shame for expressing anger. also i had to work on being more courageous because its like i had a fear of not being able to defend myself. and i mean that literally like a fear that i wont be able to move.

i have had disappointments in relationships. i suffer from ADD and it hindered my social development and suffered from **** addiction which makes sexual relationships impossible because it causes ED.

Any advice on solving these aspects or making my mars stronger? And thanks for the reply

Hey clip11
I didn't want to say about sex/drug/alcohol problems/addictions (you might feel uncomfortable discussing about it) which are very common with Piscean/Neptunian Mars men.

Fear of expressing anger/being afraid of others' anger is also common. But it's interesting how you feel ashamed of expressing your anger.
Do you want to explain that to me via pm preferably in order to not get out of topic in this thread?

Fz hb

Hi. I am a cancer ascendant with Saturn rulling 7th and uranus rulling 8th. Saturn and uranus are in 5th and 5th is ruled by pluto. I hope you guys are getting the picture. Also pluto is in 4th conjunct moon and venus where the degree placement of moon and the presence of pluto has damaged all three planets and my fourth house matters. I have never experienced any connection in my life ever. I never felt any connection even to my mother let alone anyone else. Although I want to have fun healthy reliable relationships but I also avoid them by avoiding people as much as I can.
I guess cancer ascendant has given me this perfectionist attitude towards relationship which has made it difficult for me to embrace reality. Somehow I always wanted relationships to be the way they were in books and movies; perfect that is.
My history with bullying may also be something that my cancer ascendant has given me. I was bullied alot and at times I get bullied even now. My parents never stood up for me when i was a kid instead they made me feel guilty for not being socially accepted and sometimes even punished me for being an embarrassment for them.
Saturn has given me some strength to protect myself but it has also made me so disciplined in some cases that i cant break away from my rigidity and harshness. With Saturn and uranus in 5th being ruled by pluto, I have come to a point where I don't feel satisfied or happy with anything. Nothing is enough for me I guess, or may be I just never knew how to feel good about anything.
So it's like moon makes me weak in some areas and Saturn balances those out but then Saturn makes me miss out on cerrain things in life that moon tries to make up for. But in all this game of adjustment and compensation life isn't moving ahead. I am still struggling to move towards a future that i may never see.

Last edited:

ritz

Hi. I am a cancer ascendant with Saturn rulling 7th and uranus rulling 8th. Saturn and uranus are in 5th and 5th is ruled by pluto. I hope you guys are getting the picture. Also pluto is in 4th conjunct moon and venus where the degree placement of moon and the presence of pluto has damaged all three planets and my fourth house matters. I have never experienced any connection in my life ever. I never felt any connection even to my mother let alone anyone else. Although I want to have fun healthy reliable relationships but I also avoid them by avoiding people as much as I can.
I guess cancer ascendant has given me this perfectionist attitude towards relationship which has made it difficult for me to embrace reality. Somehow I always wanted relationships to be the way they were in books and movies; perfect that is.
My history with bullying may also be something that my cancer ascendant has given me. I was bullied alot and at times I get bullied even now. My parents never stood up for me when i was a kid instead they made me feel guilty for not being socially accepted and sometimes even punished me for being an embarrassment for them.
Saturn has given me some strength to protect myself but it has also made me so disciplined in some cases that i cant break away from my rigidity and harshness. With Saturn and uranus in 5th being ruled by pluto, I have come to a point where I don't feel satisfied or happy with anything. Nothing is enough for me I guess, or may be I just never knew how to feel good about anything.
So it's like moon makes me weak in some areas and Saturn balances those out but then Saturn makes me miss out on cerrain things in life that moon tries to make up for. But in all this game of adjustment and compensation life isn't moving ahead. I am still struggling to move towards a future that i may never see.

hi there. is this the vedic chart you are talking about? because i am also cancer ascendant with similar planets like your's with saturn and uranus in 5th and pluto and moon in the 4th.

am sorry to know about your situation and experiences. that's rough. my experience has so far been .. yes, was bullied by my cousins and others but honestly after sometime passed i never cared.. and it only showed me what they are as people and how insensitive and shallow they are that they get entertained by bullying someone! god (whoever) bless such people! so don't take it upon yourself. and my mom has always protected me from all this with fierceness but yes, she also punished me too. so i can totally relate to it. it's conflicting with my mother for me. but am also very deeply attached with my parents. and my relationship experiences! some were good and some were ok.. but it always ended in bad way, and caused me much pain and then asked myself is it worth it. i still crave for some companion but only if it's mutual and compatible because i am strong headed and don't like being controlled in anyway. so relationships for me has sucked big time and single since a while now.

helike13

In my first 30 years I had been continuously rejected by women. Couldn't establish any sexual/romantic relationships. At the age of 30 I found myself far away from my home country in something like an arranged marriage (a marriage that is rather a business agreement and lacks love/intimacy/sex) so I am completely doomed in the field of relationships and intimacy.

I have Cancer ASC conjuncts Sirius fixed star. Moon in Cancer conjuncts ASC from 12th house side (SuperCancer).

My chart features a Mystic Rectangle, a Boomerang Yod which involves 6 of my planets by conjunction and I have an extreme amount of retrograde planets, 6 in total. Everything below the horizon (ASC-DSC axis) is retrograde and everything above it is direct.

So that's all folks...

Last edited:

greybeard

In my first 30 years I had been continuously rejected by women. Couldn't establish any sexual/romantic relationships. At the age of 30 I found myself far away from my home country in something like an arranged marriage (a marriage that is rather a business agreement and lacks love/intimacy/sex) so I am completely doomed in the field of relationships and intimacy.

I have Cancer ASC conjuncts Sirius fixed star. Moon in Cancer conjuncts ASC from 12th house side (SuperCancer).

My chart features a Mystic Rectangle, a Boomerang Yod which involves 6 of my planets by conjunction and I have an extreme amount of retrograde planets, 6 in total. Everything below the horizon (ASC-DSC axis) is retrograde and everything above it is direct.

So that's all folks...

The astrology speaks eloquently.

In another thread, I just posted that "all planets below the horizon are retrograde, a dependable indicator of the solitary creature, the lone wolf."

The condition suggests someone with a powerful but unfulfilled desire for the closeness of a family [4th cusp central to "below the horizon"], who must ultimately follow a solitary path.

I share this and other features of your chart, so you might say I know whereof I speak.

I'm 77 now, completely cut off from all family, and my two dogs, my real friends and constant companions for over 14 years, both died within 3 months of each other. I am completely alone.

A new chapter in life. My loss, my aloneness bring a new freedom, a new opportunity.

Last edited:

helike13

The astrology speaks eloquently.

In another thread, I just posted that "all planets below the horizon are retrograde, a dependable indicator of the solitary creature, the lone wolf."

The condition suggests someone with a powerful but unfulfilled desire for the closeness of a family [4th cusp central to "below the horizon"], who must ultimately follow a solitary path.

I share this and other features of your chart, so you might say I know whereof I speak.

I'm 77 now, completely cut off from all family, and my two dogs, my real friends and constant companions for over 14 years, both died within 3 months of each other. I am completely alone.

A new chapter in life. My loss, my aloneness bring a new freedom, a new opportunity.

I feel like that also. But I think that my desire for love and intimacy will be unfulfilled in my entire life. At least I had nice memories when I spend my time alone on a remote island somewhere in Indonesia.