Why am I being protected from death?

Lykanized

This is a serious question and it's something I know to be true. I've been saved from death in miraculous ways. And I've gotten the feeling I have a protector along with the feeling there's something big I'm supposed to do, but I don't know if that's true or not. I hate to risk seeming arrogant or as if I see myself as special. I know if I'm supposed to do something big, it's not because I'm special. I'm just a soul in a body and I chose this life for a reason

Is there a way to find out if I made some kind of contract before incarnating or if perhaps my past lives were filled with so many mistakes that this one I'm being kept here until I absolutely learn what I need to?

There's a heaviness to my life. I've gone through a lot. I've experienced much. My mind and emotions tend to be rather disordered and I have had many anxiety, emotional, and mental issues. I've put in a lot of work to get to where I am now, but I also know I have a lot more work to go

Throughout my life, I've had several people just volunteer information to me via intuition or some kind of psychic activity. They've all said similar, yet also different things, but not things that contradict each other in any way. I've had many odd things happen to me and I constantly experience synchronicities, though usually small ones. I try to listen to myself, my higher self or whatever guides may be with me, perhaps my protector. I try to stay open to signs and the such

I'm always searching for truths and I know that I'm approaching a point where I need to stop questioning things, questioning myself, and just follow my intuition and do what I know I'm supposed to do, but this is something that'll stay on my mind

I'm seriously wondering if there's a way to find out if in my pastlives I made many mistakes and I'm having to correct them now, or if it's just a soul contract,...or otherwise why I've not been allowed to die yet

waybread

Where's your chart at? (Or post it here, with vertex included, please.)

BTW, I'm not a great believer in past lives karmic astrology, of the type that essentially says, "You were a complete schmuck in your past life, so that's why you are miserable now." Phooey. I do think the chart says a lot about this life and your mission.

Lykanized

Where's your chart at? (Or post it here, with vertex included, please.)

BTW, I'm not a great believer in past lives karmic astrology, of the type that essentially says, "You were a complete schmuck in your past life, so that's why you are miserable now." Phooey. I do think the chart says a lot about this life and your mission.
Do Yods matter, or is that more inconsequential?
Also, that's no problem. I personally do believe in pastlives, but regardless, I still wonder if there's a soul contract in play because there's been way too many odd circumstances in my life and I feel as if I should've died. I know I should've at least died as a baby and as a child

I ask about a Yod because, I don't want to start an astrological debate since this isn't the forum for it, but I believe I have one. My Uranus-Neptune sextiles my Pluto. My Uranus-Neptune inconjuncts my Venus and by 4 degrees, my Pluto inconjuncts my Venus. People disagree on whether the inconjunct is a major or minor aspect or how many degrees should be allowed, but I'm following my intuition and I've payed special attention to my Venus hard aspects and I know I have Plutonian issues involved in my Venus matters and I've studied that aspect in particular. So that would mean I have a Yod pointing to my Venus in Gemini in the 10th house, but my 10th house also holds my SN which would make it a means to reaching my NN journey. At least, that's how I see it. You may see it differently

I feel I have a lot of insight into my soul's path, but maybe you see something else I don't. I still have so many questions tho. I don't understand why I've been saved from death and why my death hasn't been accepted when so many others die young or seemingly don't get to complete their soul's mission. I don't understand why I feel this sense that I'm supposed to do something special. And I know what it is. I don't see myself as special, I just see that there are things for me to do here. Altho with my NN in the 4th house, my ultimate mission would be to achieve spiritual understanding of myself, find my spiritual home, reach fulfillment and purity of self actualization

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-02 at 1.24.29 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-06-02 at 1.24.29 AM.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

Also, consider some people who supposedly died before they've completed their soul's mission has catalyzed great changes through their death. Also consider the interconnected of humanity which could explain why some people die, and some people don't at specific times - all lives interplay to enact the greater whole which our limited vision cannot perceive.

Last edited:

Culpeper

Premium Member
Mars rules the 8th house in the chart you posted. It is in the first house and there are no harsh aspects to it except a close square from Venus. Mars and Venus are friends, so count this as favorable. Mars is the killing planet, but is favorable for you continued existence. The chart lacks the necessary data, so no additional predictive astrology can be done from it.

Mars and Venus are angular with Mars ruling the 3rd house and Venus ruling the 9th house. These are the houses of psychic ability. You have exceptional intuition and could develop this more with practice. But intuition can help you avoid all sorts of dangers in life.

miquar

Perhaps the question to ask is not 'Why am I being protected from death?' but rather 'Why does death keep coming so close to me?'

Best wishes

Miquar

Lykanized

Perhaps the question to ask is not 'Why am I being protected from death?' but rather 'Why does death keep coming so close to me?'

Best wishes

Miquar
Part of it is by my own hand, so I really don't need to ask that question. I'm more interested in why I have a protector which I know I do. I've seen them and my dad has too

Lykanized

I was mostly afraid I'd done something bad in pastlives that warranted a heavier current life. That or if I'm just such a lowly developed soul I need a protector lol

Well worrying I've done something in pastlives or id my soul isn't well developed is too egoic. All I can and should focus on is myself now

Last edited:

waybread

Hi Lykanized--

I think yods matter, but I don't think you have one. The so-called minor aspects need really narrow orbs. Otherwise they start bumping into one another. A 150-degree quincunx, stretched to 154 degrees, probably has more meaning as a real tri-septile (360/7 x 3=154.) Subtracting from a 150-degree quincunx can bump into a bi-quintile of 144 degrees. I'd say you don't have a yod but have a septile relationship between Pluto and Venus. 7 doesn't divide evenly into 360 degrees, but the aspects are approximately 51, 103, and 154 degrees.

Septiles seem to relate to a kind of spirituality that looks into a profound reality behind our everyday material reality, plus self-discipline. It is apparently common in the charts of composers and members of the clergy. People with the vertex in a septile relationship with a planet often have psychic abilities. I think this works with the conjunction, as well. If we allow a one-degree orb, I think your vertex septiles Pluto.

A Pluto septile vertex could take you into pretty deep waters, so maybe you've just needed some maturity under your belt before diving into Pluto's dark and icy seas. I do think Pluto is highly salient in your chart: note how many times already you thought you "should have" died. (Like, according to who?) Possibly whatever mission you have in life is dependent upon a particular timing.

I think you've got some noviles in your chart, as well: 360/9= 40 and 80 degrees of separation.

My feeling about astrology is that it's best to work with the majors before moving on to the minors, but some people do "march to the beat of a different drummer." Then it's worthwhile looking and quintiles, septiles, noviles, and beyond.

An easy way to find minor aspects in your chart is to go to Astrodienst and run the harmonic chart of interest. You have to back out any close conjunctions in your radix (root) chart, but then any conjunctions mean you have the aspect of interest.

Your posts also express a lot of guilt or shame. In this lifetime, we might attribute such feelings to Saturn, who quincunxes your sun and squares Pluto. I've also got Virgo rising, and I think we tend to be the worry-warts of the zodiac.

And this is what mightily bothers me about heavy-duty doom-and-gloom past-lives astrology. While I think reincarnation is valid, there's no solid evidence that it is set up in such a way that this life gets set up as retribution or punishment for a previous crummy life. Really all that your (theorized) past-life guilt does is disempower you in this life. No?

My feelings on past lives have been heavily influenced by the Jane Roberts Seth books, and by the research of Professor Jim Tucker, MD, of the University of Virginia medical school Life Before Life and Return to Life. I highly recommend their books, best read starting in order of their initial publication dates.

Basically Roberts/Seth doesn't see present difficult lives as any kind of punishment, but rather: the soul chooses the type of life most conducive to its creative and spiritual growth. If you've got a tough life, your soul may have chosen to fast-track its development. The Buddhists also believe in reincarnation, but it's not a particular personality that cycles through, but something more ineffable.

If you feel you should have died-- what does death mean to you? Where did those thoughts come from?

In my belief system, you are part of what God is (or the cosmos, if you are an atheist) and a big part of the purpose of life is to come to an understanding of it.

Generally speaking, the NN shows where your growth lies. Your NN conjuncts your vertex and your IC in Sagittarius. If you are not now a student of depth psychology, existential philosophy, or theodicy (the problem of evil) you might wish to get started.

Have you read Elie Wiesel's book Night, or Herman Hesse's Steppenwolf? One is autobiographical and one is fiction, but both run very deep.

An anecdote if I might. I studied astrology for years in the search for my purpose in life. I never did learn why I am on the planet, but I learned a lot of astrology in the process. And maybe that was the point.

waybread

Part of it is by my own hand, so I really don't need to ask that question. I'm more interested in why I have a protector which I know I do. I've seen them and my dad has too

Can you say more about your protector?

Have you tried to dialogue with it?

miquar

Hi. I just looked at your chart, keeping in mind what you said about you playing a part in these 'close shaves' that require a protector to step in on your behalf. I was wondering why you would be predisposed to keep playing this part and also why the sense/experience of being protected would be strong for you.

I think the Moon Mars conjunction in Virgo - in the first house and near the ascendant - is significant because these bodies represent functions which we use to keep safe. The Virgo/first house placement of these bodies perhaps suggests a need to test your robustness.

The close trine from Mars to the Uranus Neptune conjunction could say much about a protective influence.

Also involved with Mars, Uranus and Neptune are Mercury and Venus. Mercury in Cancer (thus with Moon and Mercury in mutual reception) suggests that your mind dwells on issues of personal safety, while Venus in Gemini suggests a sense of dialogue with something other.

Pluto is involved with most of the above bodies but by wider aspects. Perhaps Pluto's significance here (and of course this is usually the first thing we tend to look for with regard to issues of 'dicing with death) is largely to do with the configuration it forms with Jupiter and Chiron. Jupiter has to do with aligning oneself with some beneficent power or plan - and thus the expectation of being protected. Jupiter is also very close to the midpoint of Chiron and Pluto. This suggests a need to test the power of the protection due to a nagging feeling that some potentially harmful process is unfolding (for example you say you have wondered if bad karma is at play.

Just some tboughts you may want to consider.

Best wishes

Miquar

Lykanized

Hey guys, I can't reply at the moment in depth, but I've read your replies and I just wanted to say thank you. I'm thinking about them. I like where this thread's going. It's going really deep...Also, I appreciate this community because in ordinary daily life, I don't think the general population would give a second thought to anything I've said about feeling like I have a protector and feeling that there's something I'm supposed to do

I have a lot to say and this is gonna be a pretty dark trajectory the thread will go in, btw. But I don't think most people here are averse to darkness

waybread

Hey, Lykanized-- with Pluto opposite my sun and moon widely conjunct but closely parallel to Pluto, I think we're good to go.

JUPITERASC

Hey guys, I can't reply at the moment in depth, but I've read your replies and I just wanted to say thank you. I'm thinking about them. I like where this thread's going. It's going really deep...Also, I appreciate this community because in ordinary daily life, I don't think the general population would give a second thought to anything I've said about feeling like I have a protector and feeling that there's something I'm supposed to do

I have a lot to say and this is gonna be a pretty dark trajectory the thread will go in, btw. But I don't think most people here are averse to darkness
images

Lykanized

[FONT=&quot]I could read this in multiple ways....Life=Death, Light=Dark, Life=Dark, Death=Light..Whatever way, life and death and similar dichotomous themes such as light and dark are ones that I've devoted much thought and time to since I was a teenager while handling my own darkness and fear of death, death I used to have anxiety about. I see every force as being the primary way to understanding its opposing force. And there's a theory of nonduality that really aligns with my thoughts in which Light and Dark aren't such separate entities. They oppose each other, but they're part of the same spectrum and one can't exist without the other just as life can't exist without death[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And if you think about it, if we never physically died, life would feel meaningless with our limited human perspectives looming down on us. Death is ultimately a means of understanding life and our individual lifes' meanings. I think I've mentioned on this forum before...Bhutanese are some of the happiest people on Earth, so I've read, and it's partially because they contemplate death I think 5 times a day, either that or 3. Whichever it is...The idea is that through contemplating the fact that our bodies will physically die, our minds will automatically start countering these thoughts with real, in depth understanding of what will give our lives meanings...what, by the time death approaches, we want to have done and seen and experienced[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I did have times when I was very much obsessed with these themes, but my mind was biased to darkness and death. It took me some years of obsession to realize that I was really searching for life and light which is why I'm so passionate about these seemingly dichotomous and opposing forces having close love affairs with each other [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I know it's not something groundbreaking and the idea of yin and yang is a wellknown concept, but it's just something I'm passionate about and find incredibly interesting. Especially studying our relationship with these forces and what they do to us[/FONT]

Lykanized

[FONT=&quot]
You have a purpose to fulfill and once it's fulfilled you're free to die

Also, consider some people who supposedly died before they've completed their soul's mission has catalyzed great changes through their death. Also consider the interconnected of humanity which could explain why some people die, and some people don't at specific times - all lives interplay to enact the greater whole which our limited vision cannot perceive.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I just find it so odd....I feel like my life is especially filled with all these almost magical circumstances. It's a hard thing to convey. It may be perspective, but the fact I've had people just come into my life and volunteer information to me seemingly channeled from beyond this dimension and so many coincidences and synchronicities that have happened. I'd even venture to say that I have a bit of luck, or at least it seems that way. Like right after I tried to commit suicide this year, an uncle of mine who's a very well established artist decided he'd love if we could collaborate on a project. Nothing fancy, but something that's definitely a brilliant opportunity. He's never even read any of my writing and my mom says he has really high standards and isn't the type to just take in anyone for something like that. So it's way too lucky. And right after having tried to take my own life too[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]That's aside from the fact I feel it's odd to be saved from death or being hurt multiple times in ones life in itself[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And you're right. I agree with you. I feel like we all come here to aid both our own development and others and sometimes what our presence and death means is hard to fully comprehend. Sometimes babies die because for whatever reason, the parents need that. Sometimes that same soul is reborn in a future child of the same parents. No matter what our roles are, they're always vital[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A general theme has been dealing with various hardships particularly with my mind but always finding some way of pulling myself through. Things align, I've learned to listen to myself and the universe, I've learned to develop my sense of purpose, and I'm very much devoted to transformation and development as I know if I was to ever not be, I'd sink. A lot of people may be able to just stay stable which also doesn't appeal to me, but I'd sink[/FONT]

Lykanized

I'll reply to the rest tomorrow. What I reply tomorrow will be a lot more in depth. Death is a topic I've spend considerable amounts of time delving into. It was probably a means of understanding my fear, conquering my fear, finding something else within death that meant more than just an end, which I have found. I have moments where I don't fear death at all since I know how infinite we are. I don't know why death has been a particularly strong theme in my life, but it has been, as well as 'darkness' and all that encompasses it. I've said many times it got to the point of obsession, which it did. I was at times separated from reality to various extents

Finding my purpose has been a trial in shedding my selfhatred and learning to look at myself without judgment, being weighed down by things that are really insignificant, the past and the future. I tend to be weighed down by the past and the future which I know is irrational. I think I've spend a lot of time in my mind parsing through these subjects to escape the holds they have on me

waybread

Lykanized, have you spent time volunteering with dying people, like in a hospice? What about a funeral home?

I think there are ways to get close to the experience of death vicariously, without having to ruin your own life in the process.

Your recent posts sound very much like vertex septile Pluto.

GemwDepth

Account Closed
I feel I have a lot of insight into my soul's path, but maybe you see something else I don't. I still have so many questions tho. I don't understand why I've been saved from death and why my death hasn't been accepted when so many others die young or seemingly don't get to complete their soul's mission. I don't understand why I feel this sense that I'm supposed to do something special. And I know what it is. I don't see myself as special, I just see that there are things for me to do here. Altho with my NN in the 4th house, my ultimate mission would be to achieve spiritual understanding of myself, find my spiritual home, reach fulfillment and purity of self actualization

I think one thing that MAY be where the answer lies is numerology. Did you know that ages ago, astrology is only 1/3 aspect of divination and it was not used solely by itself, but in conjunction together? The 3 sisters are astrology, numerology and something else. I forgot the last one, it may be tarot.

Recently I discovered I am life path 11. And everything just made so much sense. It resonated in a deep level that just by looking at my chart, its very difficult to single out as an astrological chart is muddled by too many aspects, signs, houses, etc, etc. It becomes difficult to single out that one thing that truly resonates. You just can't see the forest from the trees. Hence the astrological method may not be what you need to answer your question.

If you feel deep inside you have a soul mission, my bet is you may be a life path 11, or life path 22.

What I've learned is that when you are talking spiritual terms, souls and people are absolutely NOT equal . There is no such thing as equality on the spiritual level and scale. A guy who is materially successful or otherwise outwardly successful by societal means, may be a beggar spiritually and another, making a lot less money with less societal status, is often a spiritual king.

This explains why you are allowed to evolve and accomplish at a higher level. You can't judge the unseen and the spiritual by our earthly senses. You just can't.

In fact, one article even alleges that 1/4 of the population are empty capsules (bodies) with empty souls that hold no true light. But they all look "normal" from the outside. How would you know what other people's souls look like? You may be much more higher evolved and of a higher light being than others.

In numerology, your life mission is determined by your life path number. Everything is connected. I bet if you feel so strongly you already know your soul's mission and things have unfolded with you like fate, you are probably a master path 11 or 22.

PM me and I'll recommend a good numerologist. Or you can send me your birth info and I'll see if I can do it for you.

What one master told me is that you can use any aspect of divination - vedic, chinese, american astrology. Or numerology, etc. But the end result will all be the same. The signs are all interconnected.

Last edited: