astrology and the soul

retinoid

I agree. I don't think we have a choice at least in that matter:andy:

Well if you believe what eastern mystics say they say it IS a choice to continuously reincarnate because you are attached to 'maya'/Illusion. This is mostly a physical phenomenon while the whole universes/all reality is not physical and it is very different than just what earth offers. In this sense, souls do choose to incarnate because it gives it perspective and complexity. It is like a piece of paper getting different colors. And no life, no matter how traumatic or what you did, damages the soul. Though an aspect of the soul can forget itself which is what being lost in the cycle means. But the soul overall is most likely involved in many lives all at once in different parallels experiencing countless permutations.

waybread

Have any of you read the "Seth" books by Jane Roberts? Highly recommended.

Seth is a disincarnate being who went through many lives. Jane Roberts was a channel for his wisdom. (That is, if you believe this sort of thing.)

One's of Seth's messages is that souls do indeed choose to reincarnate at particular moments, oftentimes with former friends and family members. The soul's primary goal is evolution, so souls choose birth circumstances most conducive to their personal growth.

Your NN gives some idea as to where your soul is heading in this lifetime for growth purposes.

kimbermoon

re...'the point of choosing to incarnate or not for that matter'. It is my understanding that the whole point is about creativity...our souls are creative beings, with the impulse to create things of meaning and lasting value...this is the primary impetus of our Sun...unfortunately in the other world, creations are impermanent and temporary, whereas we need the physical form of matter to make long term impressions...:smile:

retinoid

Souls do not need to evolve really. It is like people who don't need to work yet volunteer, decide to work, teach classes, etc. Souls don't necessarily always live advanced lives the more advanced they get. They could just 'devolve' just as easily. They also probably live through many PERMUTATIONS of lives. So 'you' could have tens of thousands of other selves existing in different parallel universes when you made certain choices such as if you married someone over another person, a new universe popped up where you married the other person and the soul lives through that experience too.

mrdecc

Premium Member
'I' have read about the soul from various occult sources over the years, 'I' have lived, spoken and defended the notion of soul citing books as authority.'I' have also read of having no soul from Buddhism, currently to date 'I' have had no actual experience of a soul. It is not that 'I' do not believe in the existence of a soul only it does not seem essential to have one so for me it does not bear thinking about. In addition given that the amount of mind used for thinking about anything is so minimal any conception of anything will be incomplete, hence the need for forums like this to share idea's and emulate as close as we can a great versatile mind, the answers lie in union.