Moving abroad & badly aspected Saturn in the 9th

lunaluna

So, it's always been a dream of mine to move abroad. I'm in my mid-twenties, so if I plan on doing it, now it would be the right time, I'm still young, not in a serious relationship, don't have kids and family etc.

https://imgur.com/a/wDoZBe1 - my chart

My 9th house is in Pisces, which could indicate illusions about living abroad, but could also indicate that I should move somewhere near the water, and my plan so far was to move to Spain, to a coastal city. Saturn is the ruler of my 7th house and it's in the 9th house. My 9th house ruler, Neptune, is in the 7th house. This could indicate that my partner will be from a foreign country, or maybe even that I will move abroad because of a partner, maybe I'll meet my future husband abroad?

Now, the part that scares me is the fact that my Saturn is badly aspected. There is a square between Saturn and Jupiter (long-distance travels).
I've read that unless Satrurn in the 9th has positive aspects, that long distance travel is more of a trouble than a pleasure, and my Saturn squares Jupiter, Pluto, Mercury and Sun and there's a Saturn Mars opposition.

I am not experienced enough to really understand this in a deeper way, so any insights will be really helpful.

AstroNency

So, it's always been a dream of mine to move abroad. I'm in my mid-twenties, so if I plan on doing it, now it would be the right time, I'm still young, not in a serious relationship, don't have kids and family etc.

My 9th house is in Pisces, which could indicate illusions about living abroad, but could also indicate that I should move somewhere near the water, and my plan so far was to move to Spain, to a coastal city. Saturn is the ruler of my 7th house and it's in the 9th house. My 9th house ruler, Neptune, is in the 7th house. This could indicate that my partner will be from a foreign country, or maybe even that I will move abroad because of a partner, maybe I'll meet my future husband abroad?

Now, the part that scares me is the fact that my Saturn is badly aspected. There is a square between Saturn and Jupiter (long-distance travels).
I've read that unless Satrurn in the 9th has positive aspects, that long distance travel is more of a trouble than a pleasure, and my Saturn squares Jupiter, Pluto, Mercury and Sun and there's a Saturn Mars opposition.

I am not experienced enough to really understand this in a deeper way, so any insights will be really helpful.

Hey Luna, Its always good to put your natal chart in as it very hard to put all the informations needed in the writing. You know enough that you realise that Saturn in 9th house is not fevorable. But the picture that you are portrating is interesting and it sounds like the partner story is how I would interpret it as well.....Being in the same position (I am trying to move to UK and I worked aborad a lot, you wouldnt tell it from my natal chart) do what you like with currage and dont let anything stop you! As my friend would say dont be afraid of anything....
That being said the sqare with Jupiter Pluto etc....depends on the houses they are in and the signs they are in? Thus Saturn have any positiv aspects? In general I would say that any aspect is better then none,.....In my oppenion no aspects and empty 9th house would mean that you would never go there....But you have a lot going on, and you know that in astrology nothing is black and white....Saturn is also seen as the place trough we grow the most and evolve.....
So if you would like some more oppenions....Mybe natal chart ;)
All the Best,
Nancy

AstroNency

BUt you 9th house judged by the picture you left in link is uranus?? And I would always look at that planet first even doe most of the house is in pisces. And if you look at the ruler uranus he is in some good aspekts even doe the planet are the "havy"ones. Uranus can show that you will have a lot of changes and a lot of sudden travels but its in a very stable sign and ruler is Saturn so its a very interesting combination..... I would say something that is ment to be short lived will end up a long term.... Forver even.....:) :)

sworm09

Hey lunaluna,

The aspects actually play some role in mitigating Saturn, though Saturn is still pretty rough. Your Saturn in Pisces in the 9th could mean several things thanks to a combination of Saturn being in a night chart and feminine sign and being ruled by Jupiter:

- Having kids in a foreign country and thereby ending up getting stuck there. Could indicate planting "roots" in a foreign country that end up getting you trapped there. Going another way, it could mean being unable to travel because of family connections.
- Children somehow being an impediment to travel.
- Having a desire to move abroad that may prove detrimental.
- Moving abroad, experiencing a difficult time, only being able to come back after a long time.

Some of the above are likely to be mixed up together in some way and they're likely to happen more than once. Going abroad and getting stuck somewhere is a broad theme I see here.

Since Jupiter is looking at Saturn, there's some mild enjoyment to be had for sure, but it still looks pretty sour. Venus applying to Saturn may give you a relationship with either a low class or otherwise shady person in a foreign country who plays a hand in your getting stuck somewhere as well.

Your Ascendant ruler is the Moon in Sagittarius, cadent. This also signifies travel, but also disconnection. Cancer Rising with the Moon Cadent could make travel seem appealing, but the Moon is looking at neither benefic. The Moon is trine Mars however, which may also make one desire to travel and experience at least some mild satisfaction from it, but Mars isn't exactly in the best position to promise anything.

So if you travel, make sure you have a clear path to getting back. Your chart supports a narrative of a person who goes off somewhere and ends up being unable to return. On the bright side (?), IF you travel abroad, it looks like there's a good chance for you getting involved with someone and having children. Whether you'll see that as a good thing in the broad scheme of your life is the question however.

Last edited:

lunaluna

Hey lunaluna,

The aspects actually play some role in mitigating Saturn, though Saturn is still pretty rough. Your Saturn in Pisces in the 9th could mean several things thanks to a combination of Saturn being in a night chart and feminine sign and being ruled by Jupiter:

- Having kids in a foreign country and thereby ending up getting stuck there. Could indicate planting "roots" in a foreign country that end up getting you trapped there. Going another way, it could mean being unable to travel because of family connections.
- Children somehow being an impediment to travel.
- Having a desire to move abroad that may prove detrimental.
- Moving abroad, experiencing a difficult time, only being able to come back after a long time.

Some of the above are likely to be mixed up together in some way and they're likely to happen more than once. Going abroad and getting stuck somewhere is a broad theme I see here.

Since Jupiter is looking at Saturn, there's some mild enjoyment to be had for sure, but it still looks pretty sour. Venus applying to Saturn may give you a relationship with either a low class or otherwise shady person in a foreign country who plays a hand in your getting stuck somewhere as well.

Your Ascendant ruler is the Moon in Sagittarius, cadent. This also signifies travel, but also disconnection. Cancer Rising with the Moon Cadent could make travel seem appealing, but the Moon is looking at neither benefic. The Moon is trine Mars however, which may also make one desire to travel and experience at least some mild satisfaction from it, but Mars isn't exactly in the best position to promise anything.

So if you travel, make sure you have a clear path to getting back. Your chart supports a narrative of a person who goes off somewhere and ends up being unable to return. On the bright side (?), IF you travel abroad, it looks like there's a good chance for you getting involved with someone and having children. Whether you'll see that as a good thing in the broad scheme of your life is the question however.

To be honest, this is just tragic. Is there anything I can look forward to in life? From your interpretation, it seems like not.

ashriia

Going abroad and getting stuck somewhere is a broad theme I see here.

So if you travel, make sure you have a clear path to getting back.

I'm going to agree with the above quoted material. And also add, if you decide to move long distance, be sure you know what to expect from where you are moving to. Have a plan, and an emergency savings account that you dont touch. Saturn in the 9th can also mean you move and don't return to the place you are leaving from--whereever home is. So can be a final move.

Also your 9th house seems to be ruled by uranus, meaning you can expect a long distance move at some point in your life. Likely, for a relationship or you will meet someone abroad. ( saturn ruler of 7th in 9th, 9th ruler in 7th)

ElenaJ

Uranus is co-ruler of the 9th, in the 7th, so partnership, and in easy aspect with jupiter (6th of work) in creative 5th. And 7th ruler, Saturn, in the 9th, partnership with a foreigner.
Your 5th house is not only children, the same energy can manifest in a variety of ways. It is love and romance but also creativity.

sworm09

To be honest, this is just tragic. Is there anything I can look forward to in life? From your interpretation, it seems like not.

No, I don't think it's tragic at all. Tragic would be traveling to a foreign country and not being able to return because you were killed in a plane crash, impaled by a wooden beam, or hit by a bus. Now THAT would be tragic. Your chart indicates none of those things. Kind of the opposite insofar as it seems like you're likely to have children abroad rather than getting killed.

What I'm saying is that you need to manage your expectations, if not you'll find yourself metaphorically or literally confined some place far from home without any easy means of return. There are some good things to be expected from traveling, but make sure you have a back up plan. If you set your expectations too high, you'll be blindsided, but if you have an exit plan you'll be better able to enjoy the good things that are mixed in with the bad. The last thing you'll want to do is make a hasty move to a foreign country, get swept up with a guy and end up stuck there because of it.

I think ashriia provided the best advice: set yourself some money aside and don't touch it! Have some money set aside so that if you decide to move somewhere, you'll have the means to at least get a ticket back home if need be.

Looking at your chart, you're probably going to go through with the decision to move abroad anyway, so I'd just recommend being prepared.

Last edited: