Pisces Sun Square Cancer Moon!?

The Piscean

Im aware its not common to have a sqaure of two signs in the SAME element, how does this aspect effect me, taking the elements and houses into consideration? Im guessing not nearly as badly as a normal square right???

Attachments

• circle chart.jpg
    circle chart.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 40

tripleooo

It's an out-of-sign aspect. Some people here may disagree, but I personally don't count them and think they don't work. Both Pisces and Cancer are water signs, how and why would they work against each other?

But anyway, even if you count an out-of-sign aspect as a regular aspect, I would still say that the orb between your Sun and Moon is too wide to make an aspect. Web default style which is chosen automatically at astro.com sometimes counts aspects that are too wide to have any noticeable influence. For seeing what aspects you actually have, I'd recommend to choose Classical style among other chart drawing styles. It may be a bit too rough on sextiles, but for other aspects it works just fine.

So my verdict is: there is no square between your Sun and Moon.

kahtiel

I have my Scorp sun squaring my Pisces moon, so it's not too rare :smile: I'm not much help, but it may depend on the orbs used to compute the square. On astro, I have the square but on other sites I don't have it or some of my other aspects because they use tighter orbs.

The only thing I'm able to guess is that it may show more tension between what you want from the house the sun is in and what the moon feels it needs due to the house it's in.

sibylline

Out of signs aspects are somewhat common and I do consider the close aspects simply because they work. The test of astrology for me personally is always whether something works in reality and not whether it makes sense from a theoretical perspective. Your Sun square Moon, on the other hand, is fairly wide even if it were in sign, so I wouldn't jump to consider it.

kahtiel

That is why most people reduce the orb size with astro.com charts. I reduce it to 50%.

When I do that most of my planets lose their aspects or have only 1 or 2. I keep it just because I find value in them and I do think they still impact me (my sun square moon highlights my struggle between my 1st and 5th house). Of course, what works for each person is different :smile:

Lin

I agree that the lunar square is too wide to be active....and also it is a "separating" square so...no.
Your moon makes some very nice aspects. Trines and sextiles.

The problem with this moon is that it is inconunct Neptune. And if you have emotional difficulties either with your mother, negative habits or just your own emotional balance, I would look to that Neptune inconjunct. Its very toxic.
LIN