What house rules sex?

What house rules over sex?

• Total voters

BobZemco

The 8th House rules sex. You just look at the natal ruler, plus Mars and Pluto and any planets that happen to be in the 8th and you'll know everything you need to know.

That includes people's attitudes toward sex, the importance it plays in their life, their sex drive, sex appeal, whether they're prudish or open to experimentation, whether it's a positive influence or negative influence, the level of intimacy, loving or violent, and even if they'll die because of it (check out charts of those who died from auto-erotic asphyxiation).

nejispirit

I can see how one might potentially think of the 5th since that house indeed deals with "love affairs", but when it comes to the act of sex, that is my fullest house's domain, the 8th :D.

poshslob

BobZemco said:
The 8th House rules sex. You just look at the natal ruler, plus Mars and Pluto and any planets that happen to be in the 8th and you'll know everything you need to know.

That includes people's attitudes toward sex, the importance it plays in their life, their sex drive, sex appeal, whether they're prudish or open to experimentation, whether it's a positive influence or negative influence, the level of intimacy, loving or violent, and even if they'll die because of it (check out charts of those who died from auto-erotic asphyxiation).

What does my chart say about me? Curious...

My 8th house is ruled by the Sun which is in the 8th. I have Sun/Merc in the 8th in Leo.
I have Mars in Taurus in the 5th (along with the Moon)
I have Pluto in Libra in the 9th.

BobZemco, you mentioned to look at Mars and Pluto. Can you possibly imagine how much sexual energy you would have with Mars opposite Pluto as the axis of a Boomerang?:D

nejispirit

jamiescott said:
BobZemco, you mentioned to look at Mars and Pluto. Can you possibly imagine how much sexual energy you would have with Mars opposite Pluto as the axis of a Boomerang?:D

Speaking of Mars and Pluto, I forgot to add mine;

Mars in Taurus in the 9th opp Pluto in Scorpio in the 3rd :rolleyes:

nejispirit

Jenna Jupiter said:
I liked the time you posted. :D

So a lot of people here say fifth house have NOTHING to do with sex? I voted for both.
/JJ
Well, I don't believe it has nothing to do with sex, obviously when you have a dating relationship/love affair type deal going on, you probably have sexual chemistry and might possibly act on those urges, but I voted for just the 8th because that is the house that deals with the act of sex; personally, I don't think the 5th has to do specifically with that, sure you can have sex when dating someone/whatever, but if you want to narrow it down to just sex then it's the 8th.

Plus, I think the 5th is more along the lines of the idea of two people possibly dating/having some sort of a love affair instead of the idea that it's the house where one of the main focuses is the act of sex.

Houses can have overlapping functions, so technically the 5th and 8th could possibly *in theory* overlap in that each could indicate sexual relations, but the 5th is not known as The House of Sex, like I said, it focuses on more along the idea of romantic affairs instead of focusing on in big, bold letters (ha) sex.

Also, if you want to get technical, the 5th is the house of creativity as well and *smirks* people can get very *creative* in the bedroom; I personally have an empty 5th house (eh, I have a Vertex there), but I am very "creative" in bed; so yes, if you want to get nitty gritty- you can say that sex is a creative act, which it is, but in descriptions of the various houses, it does not say the 5th is Love Affairs/Sexual Creativity. I personally think of the 5th house's creativity in terms of writing, music, acting, drawing/painting, etc.

In another example, both the 5th and the 7th can deal with some sort of relationship, but the 7th is generally thought of as the one with the serious partnership type relations (ie, marriage) and the 5th is generally thought of in more casual, less serious terms (ie, dating).

So in conclusion, the 8th rules sex/transformations/rebirth/death/regenerations and the 5th rules love affairs/creativity.

Last edited:
That's getting real intersting nejispirit. Maybe all the houses could represent some aspect of sex. Spiritual sex in the 9th? Sleeping with the boss in the 10th? It could go on and on.

nejispirit

jamiescott said:
That's getting real intersting nejispirit. Maybe all the houses could represent some aspect of sex. Spiritual sex in the 9th? Sleeping with the boss in the 10th? It could go on and on.

Heh, well typically we don't necessarily think of the 9th or 10th as houses where we ponder upon things like this ;)

nejispirit said:
Heh, well typically we don't necessarily think of the 9th or 10th as houses where we ponder upon things like this ;)
With my Mars I just can't help it. Am I the only one who is suffering from "all talk, no action" on this subject?:(

nejispirit

jamiescott said:
With my Mars I just can't help it. Am I the only one who is suffering from "all talk, no action" on this subject?:(
No, you are not the only one suffering in this regards; I thought you were merely being a smart aleck :38:

Other than the obvious, how would *your* Mars come into play ;)? (For instance, what sort of special aspects does it have, or how does it play a role in big configurations in your chart?)

nejispirit said:
No, you are not the only one suffering in this regards; I thought you were merely being a smart aleck :38:

Other than the obvious, how would *your* Mars come into play ;)? (For instance, what sort of special aspects does it have, or how does it play a role in big configurations in your chart?)

I am a smart aleck to start with.

My Mars is anoretic (out of control) in the 8th house. It's on a very Marsy star called Regulus, and an asteroid called Randi. It also is semisextile to Uranus, quincunx to Chiron and trine to Part of Fortune.

I also feel I have some link to Pan, chasing nymphs around the forrest.;)

nejispirit

jamiescott said:
I am a smart aleck to start with.

My Mars is anoretic (out of control) in the 8th house. It's on a very Marsy star called Regulus, and an asteroid called Randi. It also is semisextile to Uranus, quincunx to Chiron and trine to Part of Fortune.

I also feel I have some link to Pan, chasing nymphs around the forrest.;)

Heh, well I'm trying to remember, you are a Virgo correct? (I believe you have at least one big Virgo planet in you); all the Virgos I have ever known have been smart alecks :D

Regulus, well that went over my head as I am not too familiar with fixed stars, but that's interesting, the quincunx to Chiron.

nejispirit said:
Heh, well I'm trying to remember, you are a Virgo correct? (I believe you have at least one big Virgo planet in you); all the Virgos I have ever known have been smart alecks :D

Regulus, well that went over my head as I am not too familiar with fixed stars, but that's interesting, the quincunx to Chiron.
This REGULUS does not at all sit well with periods of celibacy.

People like us with a strong Mars have to be very careful, especially when young. If we don't get that energy out of our body safely, well, you know. We hurt ourself or some one close to us.

As an example: I was not expressing my Mars very well and it built up in my body. It worked out subconsciously and due to some karma (quincunx) I nearly killed (Chiron) my brother (3rd house).

Now I get the energy out by fully expressing my Mars. It p-sses a lot of people off but hopefully I won't kill any family or friends.

I know you're working your's out. Good to see. Mars at your reaction point opposite Pluto. I can't wait to see you fully use that energy. We have seen how quickly you have evolved (Pluto) in such a short time.

You're a powerful Marsy girl. Just what I like.:eek:

nejispirit

jamiescott said:
This REGULUS does not at all sit well with periods of celibacy.

People like us with a strong Mars have to be very careful, especially when young. If we don't get that energy out of our body safely, well, you know. We hurt ourself or some one close to us.

As an example: I was not expressing my Mars very well and it built up in my body. It worked out subconsciously and due to some karma (quincunx) I nearly killed (Chiron) my brother (3rd house).

Now I get the energy out by fully expressing my Mars. It p-sses a lot of people off but hopefully I won't kill any family or friends.

I know you're working your's out. Good to see. Mars at your reaction point opposite Pluto. I can't wait to see you fully use that energy. We have seen how quickly you have evolved (Pluto) in such a short time.

You're a powerful Marsy girl. Just what I like.:eek:

Heh, yeah I know I'm powerful and such ;); Someone else told me something similiar the other day somewhere else, but he was being rather creepy about it.

We do have to be careful, especially when there are little or no ways to get this energy out- I need to find a new physical therapist soon or else I might loose it completely.

This year I have punched too many walls and messed up my knuckles too many times with my surges of anger, I've come to control it better but it is a difficult task indeed.

My Regulus is right over my empty 12th house (where Leo meets Virgo), I can't tell what exactly degree it is but it seems it would have a great influence on my ascendant.

On the Ascendant, it will give a courageous and frank character, especially if in conjunction with the Sun, Moon, Jupiter or Mercury.

If so, I know that I can be rather frank and definitely courageous, but I do not have conj with it for my Sun, Moon, Jupiter or Mercury.

nejispirit

Jenna Jupiter said:
:eek:

We are all Virgo ASC/Sun?

What are we doing on this topic?

/JJ:D

No, I am an Aries sun/Virgo rising; but heh- I'm here because all my inner planets except Mars are in the the 8th.