What 1st house dominant mean!?

JUPITERASC

but i think ascendant responsible for 75% of the personality
Great observation :smile:
Main Rulerships of 1st House = Life, vitality and health.
Stature, colour, complexion, form and shape of body.
Older sources note its influence upon the intellect, the way the mind works, and speech.
In general, the first house represents the focal point for the personality
and manner of expression
As well as describing the physical appearance
the condition of this house and that of its planetary ruler
indicates the level of personal vitality and strength.

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h1.html

JUPITERASC

And i really care a lot about my look but i am not self centered at all
Mars severs, destroys
and as such is one of the two malefic planets in astrology
- also known as 'infortunes', these are planets that naturally symbolise damage and loss.
Traditionally these are Saturn, the 'Greater Malefic'
and Mars, the 'Lesser Malefic'.
Both are extreme in nature: Saturn being cold and dry
and Mars exceeding in heat.

If the natural malefics are positively placed in the chart, well dignified, strong in position
and involved in good aspects, their influence may be beneficial rather than afflicting
:smile:
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/gl/malefics.html

JUPITERASC

interesting that
you posted same chart but with a LEO natal ascendant
on your other thread :smile:
at

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100180

IMG_4717.jpg

aquarius7000

Wooow this is amazing i love this kind of astrological arguments
I know 1st house ruled by aries but i think ascendant responsible for 75% of the personality
I have 0% aries characteristics
And i think because that aries lord is in his «*fall*» cancer
And i really care a lot about my look but i am not self centered at all
Vivian, Aries does NOT naturally rule the first house. The commonality there is the physical anatomy part that is assigned to Aries and the first house.

Also, to get back to your chart, Vivian, you may not be self-centered, but you may come across as so due to the heavy 1st house. You may also like to talk and discuss due to a strong Mercury on the Asc. You may also be quite practical about things.

Vivian, if you are only starting out with Astrology, I would really advise you to not lose yourself in the random rulership assignment that is happening these days. If you are keen on Astrology, perhaps JA has some good links for you to start out with. I could suggest William Lilly's Christian Astrology, but not sure you want to start out with something so heavy.

Vivian

Vivian, Aries does NOT naturally rule the first house. The commonality there is the physical anatomy part that is assigned to Aries and the first house.

Also, to get back to your chart, Vivian, you may not be self-centered, but you may come across as so due to the heavy 1st house. You may also like to talk and discuss due to a strong Mercury on the Asc. You may also be quite practical about things.

Vivian, if you are only starting out with Astrology, I would really advise you to not lose yourself in the random rulership assignment that is happening these days. If you are keen on Astrology, perhaps JA has some good links for you to start out with. I could suggest William Lilly's Christian Astrology, but not sure you want to start out with something so heavy.
Thanks alot i read that link its really interesting
i really appreciate any one can give me an insight 🙏🏻✨💗
I love astrology but its hard since there is so many sources and information but you don’t know which one is more accurate

Chrysalis

Now after this thread all my natal studying so far has gone down the drain..

I dnt get how cancer can be the first house...its not even cos cancers cardinal as aries is cardinal too :unsure:

aquarius7000

Thanks alot i read that link its really interesting
i really appreciate any one can give me an insight ✨
I love astrology but its hard since there is so many sources and information but you don’t know which one is more accurate
Vivian, whilst you should make your own mind up, here is my piece of advice, if you don't mind:

1) Look for Christian Astrology by William Lilly and go thru the skyscript site also to learn about the traditional knowledge of Astrology. Traditional Astrology (different from modern astrology) will give you a good and strong foundation because trad. astrology reasons everything it states, so that will help you understand why something is assigned the rulership of a sign, or whatever.

2) Before you can walk astrologically, please do not fly. By this I mean, please stick to the mainstream planets only and do not even try to understand things like asteroids and points like Lilith, etc. There is nothing that cannot be explained using the mainstream planets. However, nothing can soundly be explained without them.

JUPITERASC

Vivian, Aries does NOT naturally rule the first house.
The commonality there is the physical anatomy part that is assigned to Aries and the first house.

Vivian, if you are only starting out with Astrology, I would really advise you to not lose yourself in the random rulership assignment that is happening these days. If you are keen on Astrology,

perhaps JA has some good links for you to start out with.

I could suggest William Lilly's Christian Astrology, but not sure you want to start out with something so heavy.
For reliable astrological study information https://www.bendykes.com/product/introductions-to-traditional-astrology-abu-mashar-al-qabisi/
Although it is not a course, is an invaluable reference and resource guide
for students of all levels, whether working solo or taking a course
whether fully traditional or a curious student of modern astrology :smile:
contains extensive comments by Dr. Benjamin Dykes
on the deeper meanings and concepts
Thorough information and interpretive advice
on signs, houses, solar phases, sect
planetary configurations and natures
interpreting benefics and malefics
Lots (natal and mundane), and predictive techniques.
All of these concepts are essential for every branch of traditional astrology.
A great effort has been made
to avoid using Arabic and Pahlavi terms, in favor of more accurate and rich English words

sibylline

First house being dominant means that since you have so many planets in the first house, your are quite focused on your own self and your own needs. Could some times come across as self-centered even.

Agreed.

Those with 1st house dominance (I'd even extend this to the whole lower Eastern/left hemisphere) aren't necessarily selfish, even though some are, but all are self-focused and self-motivated. Generally they will concern themselves with how things affect them personally, are less inclined to look to others for cues and feedback, and are not as amenable to outside influence. It's quite different from the approach of someone whose planets cluster around the 7th house and the two adjacent houses where the dynamic between self and other becomes the focus. If a chart shows all planets clustered in one hemisphere, that is something I pay close attention to.

D-Rok

You have a REALLY strong Mercury conjunct the ascendant in Virgo. Holy ****.

Of course you probably knew that.

You have an EXACT conjunction of both the benefics in Libra, that is also freaking amazing.

You ALSO have them conjunct Saturn in his exaltation!!!

And they are all in the first house!!!

Holy **** that’s really good.

D-Rok

Guys.

Just heads up: the first house is NOT RULED BY ARIES.

It does NOT work that way. The houses and signs do not correlate with each other like that. This is FALSE and will lead you down a path of not only incorrect information, but confusion.

The first house is just that, THE FIRST HOUSE. It has its own powers and qualities that DO NOT correlate to Aries, or anything else.

As such, the first house is well known for making things in it very active. Similarly, the fourth, seventh, and tenth houses are also extremely active. They are called ANGULAR houses because they make things in them more active.

The strength of their contents goes by this scale, as seen in Deb Houlding’s Temples of the Sky book: 1, 10, 7, 4, 11, 5, 9, 3, 2, 8, 6, 12.

I highly, highly recommend reading this if you’re seriously interested in learning about the houses.