Exalted Nodes

Tessie

Banned
Hello!

Why are the nodes exalted in Gemini (North) and Saggi (South)? More pertinently, does this mean that the generations of individuals born under these configurations have a special universal benefit? How do node-exalted natives benefit from this exaltation over the non-exalted node natives?

dr. farr

There has always existed controversy over whether or not the Nodes can be exalted (or in Fall) and also over which signs the (supposed) exaltation and Falls occur in; a great believer in Nodal indications, nonetheless I have long adopted the view (somewhat prevalent in Vedic astrology) that the Nodes have no rulership, dignity, detriment, exaltation or Fall, in any given sign, but that each Node has its generic influences expressed fully through whatever sign it happens to be posited in.

Tessie

Banned
As a Gemini North Node native, I felt like one of the special ones :wink:. I do understand the logic behind your contention, however, Dr. Farr and it sounds only agreeable. Thank you for responding.

mdinaz

I also have Gemini NN and conjunct the Sun - I have the view that Gemini NN takes spiritual progress and life goals more on a rational and intellectual level; by that notion we react less emotionally to life's surprises and look back upon them with more fondness than others. Whether you can consider this "exalted" or not is up to you, but I definitely think it is an advantage since we don't "react" so much as "act and reflect". Nodes in other signs react more violently or emotionally to life's adventures whereas Gemini NN realize it is just one more of a thousand lifetime's adventures to assimilate and study. IMO only.

tr1nity

I have Gemini NN and I can agree to some extent that it doesn't actually matter too much if everything doesn't get done or experienced because it's just of one of many opportunities to learn.

rahu

Banned
one needs to keep in mind that in western astrology the north node is exalted in Gemini but in eastern astrology the north node is exalted in Taurus.i believe the north node is exalted in Gemini but the south node is exalted in scorpio. that is the exaltations are in conjunct to each other , not opposed. , because a inconjunct transit involving the node is often as powerful as a conjunction of the node. I believe the power of the inconjunct is in fact a function of the inconjunct exaltations of the nodes .I am in sympathy with dr. farrs comment that the nodes may be above such concepts as exaltation etc
rahu

The Ram

The vedic view on the nodes exaltations is divided, but the general consensus view is that the north is exalted in taurus and the south is exalted in scorpio. Its interesting to note that Taurus in the sidereal system is pretty much the same sign as the tropical gemini and the same with sag tropical and scorps sidereal. Since the sidereal zodiac is nearly a whole sign behind the tropical zodiac...about 23 degrees.

Naturally their are western astrologers and plenty of vedics who believe the nodes have no places of dignity, but among those who do most tend to say they have it in the same vicinity in space. Maybe the vedics imported that belief from Ptolemy and others.