What in a chart would make a person cheat?

byjove

Account Closed
Reading through this thread I was surprised not to see Mercury mentioned. When a person cheats, they are in a committed relationship or at least the agreement of exclusivity. I tend to see the biggest offense with cheating is the deception, the lies, the breaking of an agreed partnership. May be it is my Aquarius Venus, but I would have the hardest part of cheating to deal with was that I was lied to and our agreement broken.

I totally agree; deception, lies, breaking of a mutual agreement and hiding it...I think I could personally accept a Mercury that's wildly different to mine in a relationship, but I will indeed look out for any tendency to deception! :bandit:

Caro

for long term compatibility - good moon aspects. often you see married couples have the same moon as partner sun etc.

Becca

Venus in gemini=cheater! Doesnt matter who. They must love more than one person at a time. Never met anyone with this placement who doesnt cheat.

My first b/f's Venus is in Gemini, and he was loyal to me throughout our 6-year relationship. His Moon is in Gemini too, and so is mine.
I think that Venus in Gemini men want an intelligent, talkative and interesting girlfriend.

Somebody wrote about Venus in Pisces. My two exes were Pisces with Venus in Pisces, and they were very romantic and committed. They wanted to take me everywhere and introduce me to everyone they know.

Just because a person is sociable, we can't jump to a conclusion that he/she will be unfaithful too.

Elmo

I think I have a general understanding that Moon in Gemini is most likely to cheat. Like my dad. And my Taurus mom was faithful to him 'til he died.

byjove

Account Closed
ByJove - I agree - my husb.has Venus in Aries - he never remembers Anniversaries etc - I have Venus in Scorp....:pouty:

I wonder if talking to the person helps at all. The best one can do, as I've explained to my brother who is following the same pattern with his partner, is trying to explain that romantic gestures matter. I casually warned my brother not to forget cards, flowers, treats with his partner who clearly, really, appreciates them and upsets her when he forgets.

Last edited:

byjove

Account Closed
I think I have a general understanding that Moon in Gemini is most likely to cheat. Like my dad. And my Taurus mom was faithful to him 'til he died.

That's something that scares the life out of me, as a very romantic and committed person, finding out that I've been cheated on is harder than death. Yep, I mean that. I try not to let astrology override the natural dating process when I meet someone, a lot need to occur without intellectual interruption, but later, I find it very important to find as much compatibility as possible to avoid disasters.

Elmo

Actually, I think that maybe he didn't cheat during the marriage, but Gemini Moons might have a roving eye. And he traveled all over the world, so I don't know. He was a pastor.. so, he said he was devoted, and I'd like to believe him.

SmilingStepH and Forum brethren,

I don't think it so much about our 8th:mars:(sex), Our natal 7th:venus:(relationship), or our 5th:sun:(romance) as it is our 9th:jupiter:(ideals, faith, philosophy, religion, our higher mind aspirations) that makes us loyal or not.

Of course after you read and study Sepharial's Astrology and Marriage you come to understand some are stronger than others in their devotion, and some are not.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/125720701/Astrology-and-Marriage-Sepharial

The last page of this document says it so well:

Matrimony is after all but the response of human natureto the universal laws of polarity, of attraction and repulsion,of mutual interchange of vibrations. A body that is attractedto another is negative to it, and after attraction, becomespositively charged, and when saturation point is reached it isrepelled. If marriage began and ended with this series of operations, there would be much misery in the world. Truemarriage is grounded in a deep sympathy and understandingwhich ahs no selfish ends to serve and no desire to satisfythat is not mutual. Friendship is the Divine basis of all purehuman relationships, conjugality or cohabitation in thehuman-animal part of it, and amativeness is the merelyphysical aspect. All Nature springs forth in its due seasonand bears its leaf and flower and fruit, and having fruited, itbegins to die down to its roots. In marriage relations if thatroot be a spiritual and intellectual friendship finding continualexpression in sympathy and understanding, then withoutdoubt it will outlive the varied assaults of any misfortunesthat may happen. But without this grappling hook of triedfriendship the connubial ship is almost sure to drift, and bysad fate may be broken on the rocks. The tree of human lifeis rooted in the soil of its mother earth, but its branches reachup towards heaven, whence also it receives its threefoldbenison of sunshine, air and rain, without which it cannotprosper.

But I think it's philosphy such as the Moslems regardless of what country they are in that sick to their marital beliefs and others who are weaker minded of Islam do not. Or Like Christians who devotedly follow their beliefs and others who claim the Bible faiths but use it more as an insurance policy. Or Like in reading the Old Testament, some Hebrews zealously followed the Code laid down by the astrologer Moses and many drifted away who were weaker minded, as opposed to being Higher minded.:innocent:

Last edited:

KaylaTheTaurean

Venus in gemini=cheater! Doesnt matter who. They must love more than one person at a time. Never met anyone with this placement who doesnt cheat.

Hello, this is irrelevant. I am a Taurus with venus in gemini and I have never cheated on anyone I truly care about. Yes venus in gemini likes variety in relationships but whenever they find the perfect person they stick tight to that person.

Elmo

I'm an Aquarius, and my girlfriend is a Cancer with Venus in Gemini, and I'm her first boyfriend. She's almost 42, and I'm 36. For my birthday on Valentine's Day, she gave me a card that said "If there was an award for the coolest person in the world, I bet it'd be you," and inside the card: "...well, maybe if you cheated..." Cancer is loyal.