Chat Thread

Boston Guy

Boston, what's your Sun, Moon, and Rising?

Well, I'm a cancer sun and cancer ascendant. My moon is Aries.

Look I know I'm not much of an astrologer.

I mean what do you expect from one who was raised in Catholicism and ended up in a Seminary, then the ****ing army, lol.

Look, I never expected to be on this forum, but I'm still happy I'm here. I've already learned a lot. I hope to learn more.

Dominus vobiscum

Chrysalis

I mean what do you expect from one who was raised in Catholicism and ended up in a Seminary, then the ****ing army, lol.

Look, I never expected to be on this forum, but I'm still happy I'm here. I've already learned a lot. I hope to learn more.

Dominus vobiscum

So are you still religious, or has this gone out of the window ?

How was the army for you ?

You'll learn a lot from being on here, so its good you've stumbled upon it....everything happens for a reason.

JUPITERASC

Dominus vobiscum
et cum spiritu tuo :smile:

Boston Guy

So are you still religious, or has this gone out of the window ?

How was the army for you ?

You'll learn a lot from being on here, so its good you've stumbled upon it....everything happens for a reason.

I am still religious; I attend traditional Latin Masses and I observe the teachings of the Catholic Church faithfully. I am here purely for an educational endeavor. That said, I hope to be here longer, as a friend. I love my Catholic faith, and I believe that these two can be connected.

Remember Pierre Teilhard de Chardin. He was a priest who no one expected to try to tie a connection to Darwinism to Christianity. Or Joseph Lemaitre, who theorized the Big Bang, both were Catholic priests. In spite of all these obstacles, their faith remained. So too shall mine.

Regarding the Army. I have had so many benefits (college being paid for, discipline in my work, respecting authority), but I can't wait for the lessons that will be coming. I want to make a career out of it. Many years to go till a pension, after all!

et cum spiritu tuo :smile:

If only this was universally known. My cheers is to you.

Confiteor Deo omnipotenti, beatae Mariae semper Virgini, beatae Michaelae Archangelo, beato Ioanni baptistae, sanctis apostolis Petro et Paulo, et omnibus sanctis, quia peccavi nimis cogitatione, verbo et opere, mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. Ideo precor beatam Mariam semper Virginem, beatum Michaelem Archangelum, beatum Ioannem Baptistam, sanctos Apostolos Petrum et Paulum, et omnes Sanctos, pro orare me ad omnium Deum nostrum, amen.

Now, I typed that from memory. I think all the words are correct but I have been called the "king of commas", so forgive the pronunciation. Still, my Latin is rusty but I think fine enough to, well, suscipe. I had the privilege of being taught the Tridentine Mass. I only wish Pope Francis would take more kindly to it.

JUPITERASC

I am still religious; I attend traditional Latin Masses and I observe the teachings of the Catholic Church faithfully. I am here purely for an educational endeavor. That said, I hope to be here longer, as a friend. I love my Catholic faith, and I believe that these two can be connected.

Remember Pierre Teilhard de Chardin. He was a priest who no one expected to try to tie a connection to Darwinism to Christianity. Or Joseph Lemaitre, who theorized the Big Bang, both were Catholic priests. In spite of all these obstacles, their faith remained. So too shall mine.

Regarding the Army. I have had so many benefits (college being paid for, discipline in my work, respecting authority), but I can't wait for the lessons that will be coming. I want to make a career out of it. Many years to go till a pension, after all!

If only this was universally known. My cheers is to you.

Confiteor Deo omnipotenti, beatae Mariae semper Virgini, beatae Michaelae Archangelo, beato Ioanni baptistae, sanctis apostolis Petro et Paulo, et omnibus sanctis, quia peccavi nimis cogitatione, verbo et opere, mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. Ideo precor beatam Mariam semper Virginem, beatum Michaelem Archangelum, beatum Ioannem Baptistam, sanctos Apostolos Petrum et Paulum, et omnes Sanctos, pro orare me ad omnium Deum nostrum, amen.

Now, I typed that from memory. I think all the words are correct but I have been called the "king of commas", so forgive the pronunciation. Still, my Latin is rusty but I think fine enough to, well, suscipe. I had the privilege of being taught the Tridentine Mass. I only wish Pope Francis would take more kindly to it.

benedictus benedicat - benedicto benedicatur :smile:
Since you have an understanding of Latin
you may benefit from a link to ancient astrological texts in original ancient Latin
There are five collections in this library

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/texts.html

• The main collection contains links to books and magazines written in English
  • that are directly related to 'traditional astrology' (from classical to modern times).
  • The extended collection refers to texts that are partly astrological
  • or useful for historical research or philosophical principles.
  • The ancient collection contains links to ancient texts, fragments
  • or secondary sources that cover the ancient period.
  • The scholar's collection contains links to published theses, dissertations, and peer-reviewed papers.
  • The Latin & Greek collection contains links to important works in older languages

Another good list of links to astrological works is available at
http://cura.free.fr/DIAL.html

Last edited:

Chrysalis

In primary school i was in a religious lesson, and the teacher was telling us about god/jesus etc....me with my gemini moon likes to ask questions. Teacher said "any questions ?" no one put their hand up but me...i asked "well if god made jesus, who made god ?" Teacher walked around to the back of me and slapped me on the back of my head and told me not to be so cheeky :unsure:

Ive never got no answers to this, or even as to why "a particular" religion is the correct one.

Im classed as an atheist i think.

Last edited:

Chrysalis

Is saturn always representative of the father in natal charts, or is it the sun too ?

And can saturn rx indicate an absent father, or one who wasn't really a great father figure ?

And can.....only joking lol.

Last edited: