Dreaming about snakes

Phoenix Venus

'…..The caduceus is also used as a symbol representing printing, again by extension of the attributes of Mercury (in this case associated with writing and eloquence). The caduceus is often used as a symbol of healthcare organisations and medical practice (especially in North America), due to confusion with the traditional medical symbol, the rod of Asclepius, although this has only one snake and is never depicted with wings.....' :smile:

Oh.. confusion about the symbol of healing.... maybe that is why the medical industry thinks hooking people on pills, loading them with GMOs, drugs, radiation, etc. is helping.... :pinched:

K

Katydidit

Uh I dont think I could handle it. From what I have read about Kundalini Shakti it seems very frightening and for lack of a better word I am a total "chicken $h!t" when it comes to these things. It sounds very intriguing but I am to scared to even go there...

Then I think perhaps you have answered your own question.

*emma*

Banned
Dreams are actually very significant, they aren't just a jumble up of daily events... they are a manifestation of what is going on within our psyche

No....SOMETIMES they ARE insignificant and just a jumble of the previous day....and mean nothing......recurring dreams are different...they mean something

*emma*

Banned
FOUND A DESCRIPTION OF KUNDALINI SHAKTI ACCORDING TO ONE PARTICULAR WEBSITE http://kundalinicare.com/?page_id=77

Exactly

- change is often 'scary' :smile:

JMO that's good advice

When one is curious regarding an intriguing dream or recurring dream, then meditating on the possible meanings/simple association based on specific personal associations of the meaning of snakes to a particular individual may be helpful in discovering hidden meaning

btw the snake is included on the symbol for the AMA

snakes-sticks_5.jpg

why is a snake image connected with doctors the healing profession?

as for kundalini.....think i will stay away, seems go be something that screws u up..I mean...whats the point of it?

*emma*

Banned
Uh I dont think I could handle it. From what I have read about Kundalini Shakti it seems very frightening and for lack of a better word I am a total "chicken $h!t" when it comes to these things. It sounds very intriguing but I am to scared to even go there...

yeah why even BOTHER
:unsure:

:D

Who wants to be made mad????

Last edited:

Phoenix Venus

OP your dream could mean anything or nothing,,,not all dreams are important....

No....SOMETIMES they ARE insignificant and just a jumble of the previous day....and mean nothing......recurring dreams are different...they mean something

from google definition:
significance: “the quality of being worthy of attention; importance.”

It’s all in what you make of it.

Maybe if there is nothing going on *upstairs*, no dreams have importance. Or maybe, there is a balance. It’s pretty simple. Dreams that effect a person emotionally or mentally will be of more importance than dreams that don’t. (doesn’t mean they are just jumbled nonsense, just not as imperative.)

So yeah, you shouldn’t go stressing about things you can’t control, but you can pay attention to a dream if you find it to be daunting, which the OP apparently did. (clearly, if she is posting about it, SHE cares.) So there’s really no point in going around in circles about whether or not it matters…. so I’m done talking about this and i'm done listening to the cognitive dissonance & double speak… she’s clearly insightful enough to establish the importance on her own..

ariesgurl

Thanks everyone for your great interpretations and insights. A lot of what was discussed hits home for me. I do feel there is a "snake" type person around me and I also think it has something to do with my own inner fears about this person.

As for kundalini Shakti, I dont think its my thing, for this lifetime anyway.

I tend to be one of those people who has vivid dreams and I usually remember a good amount of them in the morning. Prophetic dreams too sometimes so I always like to try and figure out what the hidden msg is. Boards like this are very helpful :)

JUPITERASC

why is a snake image connected with doctors the healing profession?
'…..Serpents are connected with poison and medicine. The snake's venom is associated with the chemicals of plants and fungi that have the power to either heal, poison or provide expanded consciousness - and even the elixir of life and immortality- through divine intoxication. Because of its herbal knowledge and entheogenic association the snake was often considered one of the wisest animals.
Asclepius, the God of medicine and healing
:smile:
carried a staff with one serpent wrapped around it,
which has become the symbol of modern medicine....'
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asclepius

princess valhalla

I am always having dreams about snakes. In my dream I am always running from them, feel scared and sometimes I am even attacked by them. I have periodically had these types of dreams all my life and don't know why? To rule out the obvious, I dont have an irrational fear of snakes and im pretty sure its not sexual symbolism either. I was born in the ashlesha nakshatra and I read that this constellation gives one snake dreams. If thats true, its kind of creepy lol. Also if this is true why would snakes be attacking me? Wouldn't they be friendly?

Anyone else born in ashlesha have this problem?

Hi Ariesgurl. You might like to research the Ouroboros. It's something I am highly interested in. :andy: Here are a few links:

http://www.crystalinks.com/ouroboros.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouroboros

http://www.morbidoutlook.com/art/articles/2000_08_ouroborous.html

This is what Carl Jung had to say about the Ouroboros:
http://www.crystalinks.com/jung.html
[ibid.]
"The alchemists, who in their own way know more about the nature of the individuation process than we moderns do, expressed this paradox through the symbol of the ouroboros, the snake that eats its own tail. In the age old image of the ouroboros lies the thought of devouring oneself and turning oneself into a circulatory process, for it was clear to the most astute alchemists that the prima materia of the art was man himself.

The ouroboros is a dramatic symbol for the integration and assimilation of the opposite, i.e. of the shadow self. This feed back process is at the same time a symbol of immortality, since it is said of the ouroboros that he slays himself and brings himself t life again, fertilizes himself and gives birth to himself. This is much like the cycle of the Phoenix, the feminine archetype.
Ouroboros symbolizes The One, who proceeds from the clash of opposites, and therefore constitutes the secret of the prima materia which unquestionably stems from man's unconsciousness."(Collective Works Vol. 14)

Anyways, I was born in the Uttarashada Nakshatra whose animal is the mongoose, enemy of the snake.

However, I also have Kala Sarpa Yoga. :unsure:
I started a thread here: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55788&highlight=kala+sarpa+yoga

You might want to practice lucid dreaming and dream control. Phoenix Venus started a thread on this I believe. For instance, you might manifest a mongoose in your dream to fight or kill the snake(s). :lol:

Good luck! :smile:

Phoenix Venus

PV, thank you :love:

Those crystallink links are very interesting and the pictures are wonderful...

I particularly like this one of the Ouroboros:

URL]

I never knew this about the phoenix: (ibid) "The phoenix makes a coffin and fills it with fine smelling spices, then dies where the stink of corruption is (effaced) by (agreeable) smells. "

that is.... wild.. to say the least.

K

Katydidit

...I tend to be one of those people who has vivid dreams and I usually remember a good amount of them in the morning. Prophetic dreams too sometimes so I always like to try and figure out what the hidden msg is. Boards like this are very helpful :)

If you are sincere about learning, I suggest that you keep a notepad and small calendar by your bedside. Ask whatever to help you through your dreams. Record the time you awoke, your dream (landscape and others involved), your feelings, and leave room for later comments. Track your dreams for maybe a month.

If in hindsight you find patterns or ironic synchronicities with waking reality, then you should pursue your gift. If not, then concentrate on any hidden messages as being for you and you alone.

hope this helps -
K

Andrea_

I have always been fond of snakes and never afraid to touch one, and due to this probably, in my dreams they almost always appear as very serene and colorful creatures.

I find it interesting how many people are afraid of them and associate them with hate, fear, unfaithfullness, etc... and i think there is a main biological-evolutionary factor in the middle, like, a natural reaction of our ancestors to a an animal that could potentially kill them in an instant, without cure, and only 2 visible punctures in the skin.

And the fact that they have long, slippery bodies with no limbs or eyelids (so direct and constant eye contact) and are cold-blooded reptiles that have a good camouflage also play an important role as a fear factor.

I once touched a viper that simply passed by my shoe while i was walking on a forest path, wanting to go to an open field right next to the forest edge. I was with my mother and when she saw the snake she started screaming a little, but instead i remained calm and actually had this impulse and... well, i actually touched it and held it's tail for a few seconds, and then let it go. The snake didn't turn to bite me, and actually remained pretty calm. I just felt it would be ok, and it was.
It had the V shape on it's neck and the coloring of a common viper (vipera berus). So snakes aren't that "evilish" and "right-away killers" as mass-media/people promote!

Either way, i dreamed some time ago about dancing and gracefully walking around a miriad of colorful snakes on a small tropical island in a rainforest, everywhere lush green vegetation. They would make circles aroudn my steps respectfuly avoiding the patch that i wanted to walk on to get on a boat.
But as i got in and swam away form that peaceful corner, i started seeing that in that beautiful rainforest there still were the tall building of my town from which people left/or passed away and was taken over by nature a long time ago, and just as i started searching for other human beings i woke up...

Quite a calm dream, but... i remember that the peaceful sentiment was starting to leave me as i started my searching and i didn't like it... what is more strange is that i never dreamed about it a second time, like it usually happens with other dreams that are interrupted and later re-appear with a different outcome but the same starting point..

Last edited:
K

Katydidit

But as i got in and swam away from that peaceful corner, i started seeing that in that beautiful rainforest there still were the tall buildings of my town from which people left/or passed away and was taken over by nature a long time ago, and just as i started searching for other human beings i woke up...

How about something as simple as horizontal vs. vertical? Onward, but overland vs. upward? Torn between loving your yesterdays and being ready to go it alone into your tomorrows?

midnight sun

Before you sleep, imagine one of those dreams you've seen before. Imagine yourself and the snake. Stop running away and turn your face to it and ask "what do you want from me?, "what is your message". And follow your next dreams.