Neptune, I hate you

maurice

Dear all,

There's a lot to be said about the title of my thread. Neptune can of course work in a good way on many levels. But Neptune in my life has been a mayor influence in a very negative way.

Also the placement of mercury/sun (some will say that because the're so close they should be 'read' as in the 1th house, but I absolutely can't relate to that) in the 12th house relates to the feelings I experience.

I've been dealing with all the negative aspects that come under the reign of Neptune: depression, anxiety, utter loneliness, no friends, feeling empty, no purpose in life, addiction, addicted mother, fear of speaking in public, stopping my career as a musician due to extreme stage fright etc.

I've got a partner whom I love very much, Neptune has been transiting opposite my sun/asc/mercury. This was an extremely difficult time: my partner has been diagnosed with a rare neurological disorder. I'm losing him, my only friend.

Maybe some other people can relate to his nasty Neptune influence which has ruined so much for me.

http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?gm=a1&nhor=1&nho2=1&btyp=2&mth=gw&sday=29&smon=7&syr=2017&rs=0

Thanks in advance,
Maurice

Osamenor

Staff member
Also the placement of mercury/sun (some will say that because the're so close they should be 'read' as in the 1th house, but I absolutely can't relate to that) in the 12th house relates to the feelings I experience.

I've been dealing with all the negative aspects that come under the reign of Neptune: depression, anxiety, utter loneliness, no friends, feeling empty, no purpose in life, addiction, addicted mother, fear of speaking in public, stopping my career as a musician due to extreme stage fright etc.

I've got a partner whom I love very much, Neptune has been transiting opposite my sun/asc/mercury. This was an extremely difficult time: my partner has been diagnosed with a rare neurological disorder. I'm losing him, my only friend.

By "1th house," do you mean first house, or eleventh? I can't see your chart because when you post a link to Astrodienst, it takes people to their own Astrodienst account if they're logged in and to the Astrodienst log in page if they're not. To post it as an attachment that everyone can access, follow the instructions here: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12126

If Neptune were opposing just your ascendant or just your sun, this kind of thing wouldn't surprise me. If it's both at once, double whammy. I wonder what the other heavy hitters--Pluto, Saturn--are doing.

I had Neptune opposing my sun as Saturn was transiting it and Pluto was about to enter my rising sign and cross my early degree AC. Now that I think of it, someone versed in astrology told me at the time that at least one of those transits suggested a possible end of a relationship, although I don't remember which or if it was a combination of those. I did not lose a romantic relationship during that time, but I did have my trust seriously betrayed by a mentor, and lost that relationship.

What's happening with your partner (so sorry!) sounds like a similar kind of thing. And if Neptune is opposing your AC right now, it must be crossing your DC, and if you use modern sign rulers, it also rules your DC... so there you are.

Osamenor

Staff member
All, I moved this thread from Read My Chart because the OP seems to be opening discussion on Neptune transit effects, not so much asking for an individual chart reading. Because it's about a planet only used in modern astrology, I moved it to this board. Being in Modern Astrology makes the post about Neptune not being a traditional planet off topic, and the responses to that post also off topic, so I deleted them.

aldebaran

Your chart isn't opening, you would have to post a picture to make it available.

I believe Neptune will behave mostly relating to the house which cusp is on Pisces. I'm not sure everything you mentioned could be related to the Planet, like "being afraid of getting on stage", for example.

It's weird though being a musician to talk this way, because Neptune in a great extent rules music. The extra-sensitivity you are feeling might be useful for your music apprenticeship, and it's a healthy area to use this energy.

Wrt2lv

OP, I can't see your chart, but I can sympathize with Neptune problems. I was born with Neptune extremely conjunct the Sun in the 12th house (with Uranus and Mercury also in the 12th house and Saturn barely in 11th house, apparently interpreted as being in 12th house) and had much the same issues as you throughout life, though in your case replace "music" with "writing". Struggling writer, etc., fear of failure, inability to straighten out muddled thoughts, difficulty overcoming self-loathing and fearful tendencies to achieve the things I want/am compelled to do.

Also struggled with addictive/obsessive tendencies, from struggling with addictions/obsessions with fantasy, to video games, to food, to alcohol. Also difficulty with overactive, often dark imagination and separating that from reality, projecting the inner world onto reality.

But I've also learned to love my Neptune placement for the inner life, imagination, spirituality, sensitivity and inspiration it brings. I also was born with a 3rd House Tauran moon that is also trine to the Sun, Mercury, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune, which I think has been a large boon in bringing out positive Neptune aspects.

Also, a strong Neptune placement doesn't mean you can't ever change. Last year I started seeing a therapist for the depression and anxiety and it helps. Knowing that it will always be something of a problem is something to learn to live with, but also knowing it doesn't/won't always have to 100% shackle your life is something to learn too.

CapAquaPis

For my brother and I, our Neptune placements are almost or exactly on 22-24* Sag, our father's solar degree - 22* Sag is the part of immigrants, our father happens to be from France. My bro born Apr 23, 1981 has a 24* Sag Neptune (our father's birthdate Dec 17, 1946 - 24* Sag sun) while I was born Feb 15, 1980 - 22* Sag. There's a malefic effect Neptune has on many people, like our relationship with our father, and there's more: My Mom born Apr 29, 1951 has a 29*Sag-1*Cap ascendant...how did 29* Sag Neptune affected her in the 1980s? My parents divorced around Dec 1986-Jan 1987. And my father's first child, our half-sister born Dec 21, 1970 has a 29* Sag sun...she mentioned a first trimester miscarriage from a high school BF happened around this time, again the malefic effect of Neptune on our family. And finally, my nephew born Jan 18, 2000 (new century/ millennia/age) could been stillborn (luckily not) in Dec 20-21, 1999 when my bro's ex-GF went to the hospital the first of 5 times for dehydration and malnutrition - he was born by C-section-either it happened when his ascendant is 29* sag or 6* Capricorn. 29* Sag sun...29* Sag Neptune placements...it's the "darkest" northern winter solstice after all. And according to my mother, I was officially diagnosed with autism in Dec 1983-Jan 1984, right exactly when Neptune was 29* Sag. Not a good thing at all, but I managed to have a fairly normal life.

Last edited:

mariba

Well, in this moment Pluto is transiting conjunct to my neptune and opposite to my ascendant, since 2016. I have sun in capricorn, so since 2010 my life turned upside down and I did can do nothing about it. I suffered all kind of disgrace in my life and now my crisis is about my appearance. Anyway, in the middle of these chaos neptune is acting very weird. It is putting me to sleep much more than i ever slept before in all my life! I´m depressed because i´m not a superhuman to confront well so many problems for so long time! I really don´t know if i will survive to my personal tragedy, but in my case neptune is fooling me very well, hiding me the reality and making me sleep... is the only thing i am needing now. Obs: i have taking NONE medication.

Last edited:

waybread

A principle of modern astrology is that we either:

1. Exemplify the positive manifestations of a planet,

2. Exhibit its negative manifestations,

3. Or deny and suppress an unwanted planet. But the chart must manifest in some way, so we tend to attract to ourselves people who seemingly exemplify the planet's negative qualities.

Obviously, #1 is the best call. If Neptune appears troublesome, a first step might be to develop a healthy spirituality. A rich fantasy life that avoids veering into escapism is another constructive use. So is compassion for human failing, so long as we avoid falling into either victim or saviour mode.

mdinaz

Neptune confuses and muddles things. Makes the path unclear. A decade ago I had transiting Neptune sq the ASC. It was an awful, lonely time. I reevaluated many relationships of all sorts and cut some of them out. A decade later, Neptune is now squaring and hammering my Sun and Node while opposing Uranus and Pluto. More of the same. That's how Neptune rolls. Another decade from now, it will be doing the same to my Venus. The gift that keeps on giving. The only thing that mollifies this a bit is that Neptune was trine Neptune, but small consolation. Pluto will also be trine my ASC and sextile the DSC soon so I expect big changes after this period. All you can do is hunker down and practice your metaphysical principles.

waybread

I think Neptune rules film.

If you think about it, a movie is just actors wearing costumes and make-up, a film crew, special effects, a director, a stage set or a location that may be nowhere near where it's purported to be. It's editing, casting, and so on. Yet when we watch a great film, we're transported into its world, whether fantasy or gritty street reality.

Neptune is the drug addict's highs and withdrawal lows.

Jupiter rules theology; and Saturn, religious authorities. Neptune is attending midnight mass in a cathedral on Christmas Eve. Neptune is the pagentry, incense, bells, and candles.

"Hating" a planet isn't too useful. If Neptune doesn't work for us, it is helpful to integrate more of a sense of wonder and beneficial escapism into our lives.

Luney

When I open your chart in the first post, "my natal chart " opens on Astro.com
Strange...I can't see your chart...

Why is this..? A Neptune thing...:lol:
I have Natal Sun close conjuct Neptune 12H ..always had sleep disorders, mental issues, anxiety, panic attacks.. but I re-routed my energy through writing music ,playing guitar. Grew up with drugs and alcohol issues. (My chart is on my profile).. Neptune is mentally exhausting.. No transits for me now .. Yeah!
So i can relate to you.

Neptune is screwing with my friend as well, she's making some really bad descisions in her life.. obsessing with Men she can't have, like a fairytale !
Obsessing over things that don't matter, oblivious about the things that do..
Crying all the time... plus much more Negative reactions.
she does not have a creative outlet like music, art, I guess it will manifest in other ways. I just went to Bali with her, that helped her relax a little.
Her chart is here.. take a look why?
she tends to internalise things and they it all comes out scrambled eggs!
Really worried about her... :unsure:

Attachments

• IMG_1162.jpg
    IMG_1162.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

Matahari

Hi there,

I have Neptune conj my ascendant and merc and mars square my moon. My sun is in the 12th house.

I understand how you feel. Ive touched on everything you have mentioned. The thing that truly saved me is my rich spiritual life and my career as a film composer and writer.

If you are struggling with a planets negative manifestation...actively pursue the positive.

meditation,music,art,writing..channel that energy into where it wants to go.

Its calling you to Neptune tasks...its quite gorgeous on the right side of Neptune~!

balooga

I have Neptune as a mutable singleton in my 2nd house, and it's definitely made my life difficult. I have a hard time being driven by money or really knowing my worth. I tend to want to give everything that should ground me and help me see my self worth to everyone else, choosing instead to find my self worth that way. It sounds great but the unfortunate part is that people tend to see me as a doormat and when my actions aren't reciprocated I feel as though I'm worth very little in the eyes of others.

I'm a Leo sun and venus with my nn conjunct my sun and MC in the 10th, and work has always been where I shine. It's luckily my saving grace. I'm learning to value myself more right now, with transit Saturn conjunct my Neptune at the moment, though of course that doesn't come without some hard lessons. Neptune can be tough to deal with if you don't come from a place where you're allowed to live in a dream world, which I definitely don't.

mdinaz

Neptune can be tough to deal with if you don't come from a place where you're allowed to live in a dream world, which I definitely don't.

Interesting statement, that. In the past decade I've had transiting Neptune sq my ASC, then Mercury, now Sun and Node, and in another handful of years, Venus. My chart is heavily ruled by Mercury (Mercury in Gemini, 7 planets total in Gemini and Virgo) and I definitely don't live in a dream world. The Neptune transits have been the absolute pits.

waybread

I think everyone is allowed to have a private sense of spirituality.

Everyone has an imaginative streak and it doesn't take much to exercise it. Maybe it has to be compartmentalized from the daily grind, but even plunking down in front of the TV is Neptunian.

mdinaz, I don't know what your life is like: it's not my place to preach. But Neptune- Venus so cries out for you to develop your artistic imagination. According to their houses.

thelivingsky

I very much like Pauline Stone's description o fthe outer planets ;
Uranus is the gateway to Universal Mind
Neptune is the gateway to Universal Love.
Pluto is the gateway to Universal Power

To experience and embrace Universal Love one must surrender the attachments of ego - very difficult thing to do. If you are having negative manifestations of Neptune, chances are good you need to learn how to transcend your ego, and Neptune transits are challenging you to do just that. The ego sees everything in life as personal; it sees bad things as happening to "me", rather than seeing that "bad things" happen to everybody, or we are all in this together, or this is my "karma" and I accept it with grace and equanimity, or to see that one's life is really quite insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

To meet the challenges of Neptune, the tried and true methods have been deep spiritual practices (like meditation), and engaging in creativity or one's profession done from a place of service rather than ego-glorification understanding that one's gifts in these areas are coming from a higher Source.

thelivingsky

Here is a good excerpt from an article entitled "Neptune and Opening to Creativity" by Dena Decastro:

"when we do not engage our Neptune in life-affirming ways - creative expression, spiritual practice, service to a higher ideal or vision - we find ourselves searching for connection via shortcuts. Denied Neptune leads down the same shadow road as over-functioning Neptune: pointless escapism..."

I would add that Neptune, to manifest in a healthy positive way, always needs to motivated at some level by service to a higher ideal or vision.

multiple

Account Closed
I have had to contend with anxiety and mental health issues for the vast majority of my life. I have used drugs and alcohol as forms of escapism, it's not something I dabble with now.
music can be therapeutic, either listening to some or being creative. back when I was younger I found mixing records on a pair of turntables would help calm me down sometimes, and these days I try to make the odd bit of "music" here and there when motivated.

the suggestion of cinema is a good one, engaging with it, perhaps bring out your inner critic if you have a bit of virgo. reviews of other artistic entertainment is a possibility.

if your neptune contacts mars you might want to look into things like yoga, meditation. perhaps tai chi or qigong?

balooga

Interesting statement, that. In the past decade I've had transiting Neptune sq my ASC, then Mercury, now Sun and Node, and in another handful of years, Venus. My chart is heavily ruled by Mercury (Mercury in Gemini, 7 planets total in Gemini and Virgo) and I definitely don't live in a dream world. The Neptune transits have been the absolute pits.

The funny thing is that I have a grand trine with Neptune, venus, and the moon and I very much live in a dream world, and also have NO earth planets. The offset is that all those planets are in earth houses (in fire) and I feel like the house placements keep me firmly tied to the ground, making me aware that while my dream world is rich, it's not the reality other people live in. That's more along the lines of what I meant about not actually physically living in a world where dreams are allowed. I've always said i have one foot firmly on the ground with my head in the clouds. Pretty sure I couldn't avoid living some parts of my life in a dream world with such a strong Neptune. I don't hate Neptune, I actually understand it better than probably most (I have a stellium of outer planets in the 12th, as well), but I do see it for what it is, very clearly. It can be a scary place, and also a very beautiful one.