intercepted house puzzle

EJ53

Banned
...This entire scenario is very puzzling to me, and I would appreciate any thoughts or theories as to how any of this may be expressed. I am very open to all opinions, and to any new information that anyone brings up.
Have you looked yet at how the intercepted signs/duplicated houses move through the day-for-a-year Progressed Chart, tingskris?...

They seem to disappear around the age of 2, and reappear around the age of 29/30 (co-inciding with your Saturn Return)...before disappearing again at age 31......(perhaps symbolising that you must learn something about your duplicated Leo/Aquarius houses during the first Saturn Cycle, in order to learn something about your progressed duplicated Virgo/Pisces houses in the second Saturn Cycle...and until both those things are learned, you will be unable to use effectively/positively the qualities of intercepted Aries/Libra + the natal planets within them.)

So...for now...I think you should focus on identifying what it is about your attitude to Leo 1st/Aquarius7th house matters that is adversely affecting Virgo 2nd/Pisces 12th house matters...(which only you can do meaningfully, as it requires a detailed knowledge of your life/event experiences to date).

[When you've done that, my guess is that how to interpret your complex astrological scenario will become apparent.]

EJ

EJ53

Banned
...correct me if I'm wrong, but you're saying that...Right now, if i work on my virgo/pisces house matters...then i'll gain some insight on my (complex) natal chart.
Your summation of what I said is "right on the money", Tingskris...except for the fact that currently/in the first Saturn Cycle you need to work on identifying the "inappropriate" attitude to Leo 1st/Aquarius 7th matters...(Virgo/Pisces is the focus of your second Saturn Cycle).

[Note : This "inappropriate" attitude is likely to be something you've "always" believed instinctively/habitually and unquestioningly to be right...

For example, my own "inappropriate attitude" relates to Virgo 12th/Pisces 6th house matters...and I was over 40 years old before I questioned my "parentally-conditioned" erroneous belief that we should always put the needs of others before our own, which (by then) was adversely affecting both my health and my marriage (Virgo 1st/Pisces 7th house matters).]

EJ

Frisiangal

Hi tingskris,
Like you I have intercepted signs across the 3rd-9th house axis, with the Sun in 9th. Mine is in Taurus with, but not joined to close conjunction Mercury and Venus. 3rd house is empty.

What I found to be relevant with interception was the necessity of the qualities inherent in the preceding signs and the position of their rulers because, otherwise, the qualities of the intercepted sign literally 'get in the way' of house expression.

As a very simple example (part of a more complex pattern), which I hope you can follow:
My 9th house Taurus side has always loved everything to do with 'Mother Earth'. When younger I had penfriends all over the globe but never met them because Taurus itself is not a get-up-and-go sign. It needs the push from Aries, through Mars, to present the impulse 'to do it'.
By co-incidence(?), my Sun sextiles my 11th house (friends) Mars. I met 'a foreigner'. It took so much courage of will to leave the physical security I had and knew and settle abroad, where I have since lived for the majority of my life. Without Aries on the cusp of my 9th house I may never have done it because Taurus would not have changed and moved so quickly....metaphorically as well as literally speaking. Had I never been influenced to move abroad, I may never have got into astrology to learn what makes people tick that can subsequently influence their 9th house health and well-being.

Similarly, had I not had Libra on the 3rd house cusp to help me 'weigh the pros and cons in thought processes', deep-thinking Scorpio might have gone deeper down a destructive one-way street instead of seeing alternatives that can fit just as well. I have a very loving relationship with my siblings. I dread to think what Scorpio might have brought

When judging your own chart (and remembering how young you still are),
look at the significance of a 9th house Pisces (growth and development (through) cultural belief patterns) and Neptune in Capricorn (dissolution of physical boundaries, yet sensitivity given form by Saturn) and how this will effect the power of Spiritual energy of/in Sun in Aries.
Similarly, how does the reality of Virgo through Mercury in Pisces effect a Moon-Black Moon Lilith (instinctive behaviour patterns) in Libra (over others)? How does this tie in with a grand cross in cardinal signs and mutable houses that includes Chiron and a nodal axis across Virgo-Pisces and 2nd-8th houses?

My mind is reeling with the qualities you possess and the possibilities open to you when used in a positive way.:wink:

Last edited:

Claire19

I dont use intercepted houses at all and could never make sense of my 4th 10th house interceptions with Placidus...... If you use equal house method you dont have that to deal with....:smile:

Frisiangal

I dont use intercepted houses at all and could never make sense of my 4th 10th house interceptions with Placidus...... If you use equal house method you dont have that to deal with....:smile:

It can make it a lot easier, I admit.:smile:
But how would I then explain the significance of my Mercury-Venus in Taurus Placidus 9th that would then revert to the Equal 8th house? It was a penfriend that I met and married :biggrin::biggrin:.

I think everyone could find circumstances in their lives that fit another house system than the one they use. It's all a question of mind-set, after all, isn't it?
My Taurus-Virgo side goes by proof through facts. Placidus seemed to hit yet another nail on the head for me when my natal Neptune (ruler Desc.) in Libra just inside Placidus 2nd house cusp (and otherwise still in Equal 1st House) got hit several times by Saturn. Saturn rules the 5th house in either system. I told my husband I expected to undergo a financial loss of some kind. Without going into further detail (take too long), at the first pass I heard I would lose 3 years of state pension from 'the old country'.:smile:. Saturn then retrograded. Virgo influence must have done its work and corrected the mistake. Saturn turned direct into Libra again and in the week of the second pass I heard that the mistake had been rectified and I would receive the withheld amount. In true Saturn in Placidus 2nd house style, I am still waiting for the money.:biggrin::biggrin:

Now; neither Saturn or Neptune have anything to do with my financial situation under Equal House rules. Transiting Saturn hasn't even reached my Equal House 2nd house cusp yet. But the glove surely fits with Placidus 2nd house influence.:wink:

EJ53

Banned
Which of your perceived strengths is "problem"

...trying to come up with problems that correspond to my leo 1st/aquarius 7th but it feels unusually unnatural for me...What do you think?
Strangers and intimate partners will see the inappropriate Leo/Aquarius attitude very clearly, as it will be projected strongly through the 1/7 axis...[So the ideal person to advise you would be a partner (or best friend) who was a stranger when you first met.]

...However, (in a "cold" reading) I can only guess which of the many Leo/Aquarius traits is involved and why it might be a problem rather than the strength you are likely to perceive it as being...

For example, Leo/1st might be "self-assured yet not arrogant" (a positve/desirable trait) and Aquarius/7th might have a genuine desire to help partners/close friends (also a positive/desirable trait)...

But...that can result in "instinctively helping those who actually must learn to help themselves"...thus becoming a crutch that restricts the growth of both yourself and others (an adverse 2nd/8th house effect)...which then prevents you from being fully effective in relationships (intercepted Aries+Libra+Sun+Venus+Moon+Lilith)...

So, the required change would be to "consciously help only those who cannot help themselves" or perhaps "encourage others to help themselves".

EJ

Last edited: