Is Mangal Dosha really that bad?

Dr.Time

According to many astrologers being a Manglik is something which is likened to a plague when considering marriage.
I would like to ask you all, aren't there any positives to being a Manglik? Surely if Mars is occupied in the 7th or 8th house and one is a Manglik, there must be some beneficial aspects for the person there, it can't entirely be negative as many astrologers claim can it?

I'd just like to add - I am not in the slightest conversant in the mechanics of Vedic astrology, I don't even really know what Mangal dosha is. I hope I can learn something here though!

selfless

Banned
Somewhere (in a book) found/read this:

" Lagne, Chaturthe cho Byaastoge noge
Rahu Shonirbapi yodi sthito syaat .
Toda Kujo noibo koroti dosha
Vivahokale prabodanti Garga . "

it means,

where position of Mangal creates Mangolik/Bhouma Dosha, there if Rahu or Shoni is present , then the Mangolik Dosha Reduces...

filly

According to many astrologers being a Manglik is something which is likened to a plague when considering marriage.
I would like to ask you all, aren't there any positives to being a Manglik? Surely if Mars is occupied in the 7th or 8th house and one is a Manglik, there must be some beneficial aspects for the person there, it can't entirely be negative as many astrologers claim can it?

I'd just like to add - I am not in the slightest conversant in the mechanics of Vedic astrology, I don't even really know what Mangal dosha is. I hope I can learn something here though!

I read some time ago that a Manglik should only marry a Manglik.
I don't want to say rubbish but it's like a 'curse' Manglik puts on the partner for ie. one dies earlier...And 2 Mangliks in marriage overrides that 'curse'.
There's other things in the Chart that can anulate this. Some kind of Yoga.

I don't know which site was this, but the curse thing was my Hindi friend who told me.

Dr.Time

I read some time ago that a Manglik should only marry a Manglik.
I don't want to say rubbish but it's like a 'curse' Manglik puts on the partner for ie. one dies earlier...And 2 Mangliks in marriage overrides that 'curse'.
There's other things in the Chart that can anulate this. Some kind of Yoga.

I don't know which site was this, but the curse thing was my Hindi friend who told me.

I've heard these same things too. Also, before a manglik marries, they need to do some prayers with banana tree to mitigate the effects.

filly

I've heard these same things too. Also, before a manglik marries, they need to do some prayers with banana tree to mitigate the effects.

Yep, those are the so called "remedies". And some Astrologers advise caution when dealing with other Astrologers who induce fear in their clients and in this way get a lot of money out of them(for the correct prayers, when to pray, who to pray, which stones to use,etc)...

Last I read was a popular girl being acused by law of marrying a tree before their actual wedding lol what Astrology makes you do!:andy:

There's hundreds of yogas (combination of planets) in a chart, and some over rule the others and then you have the strength of the planets at play.
For example: an exalted planet cancels most of the bad circumstances involved or at least mitigates the problem as you say.

If Mars is the ruler of the 1H & 8H(it's a benefic) and is in the 8H (manglik) and conjunct the Lord of the 9H-Jupiter or one of the rulers of the lucky houses(1,5,9). It's very lucky and powerful in general.(Raja yoga). This is enough to cancel the Manglik
I have 2 Raja yogas-though it's successful to a less extent coz one lord is a natural malefic. See how it works? It works both ways...

Western astrology can be delineated in separate aspects, vedic forget it! ;)

dr. farr

Just want to add that the cancellation principle in jyotish also operates in Western astrology as well, just that it is no longer noted as such, but it is there (one aspectual relationship cancelling out the influence of another aspectual relationship)
Indeed, understanding of the cancellation principle is one of the most important realizations necessary for more accurate horoscopic delineation, Vedic or Western!!

filly

Just want to add that the cancellation principle in jyotish also operates in Western astrology as well, just that it is no longer noted as such, but it is there (one aspectual relationship cancelling out the influence of another aspectual relationship)
Indeed, understanding of the cancellation principle is one of the most important realizations necessary for more accurate horoscopic delineation, Vedic or Western!!

It's a shame they aren't so in use anymore! Maybe traditionalists consider some still.
But that is hard work it is!!!!:crying:
I reckon the only cancellation I've known in the western astrology is related to retro planets. And though it's practiced in jyotish as well.

It's a Math principle when an exalted planet is retro that the exaltation is cancelled and so it happens when a planet is in detriment and retro.
I really liked the theory behind it.

8thstellium

Somewhere (in a book) found/read this:

" Lagne, Chaturthe cho Byaastoge noge
Rahu Shonirbapi yodi sthito syaat .
Toda Kujo noibo koroti dosha
Vivahokale prabodanti Garga . "

it means,

where position of Mangal creates Mangolik/Bhouma Dosha, there if Rahu or Shoni is present , then the Mangolik Dosha Reduces...

Dear Selfless,
Please let me know if I understood you right..
For ex Mars in 12th causes mangal dosha, but if that mars is with saturn or Rahu then Mangal dosha gets cancelled?

Thanks

dr. farr

Not trying to answer for Selfless (who is more than capable of answering!!) but from my understanding of various principles of jyotish, yes that is what it would mean.

retinoid

I wouldn't say it is akin to a curse. Around 50% of the population will have this dosha...so...use your own logic to figure it out.

filly

I wouldn't say it is akin to a curse. Around 50% of the population will have this dosha...so...use your own logic to figure it out.

Yes this is very true but there are many exceptions due to cancelation as well. And I'll present a list of the major ones.

Mind that the aspects in Vedic Astrology don't work as per Western Astrology, are considered only conjunctions (all planets in the same house) and oppositions. Saturn, Mars and Jupiter have extra special aspects.
When it's refered a trine in Vedic it's the 1st, 5th and 9th houses from the planet (house) in question.

So here it goes:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mangalik Dosha and Planets[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mangalik Dosha is considered from the Ascendant as it signifies self, health, longevity, appearance, character, success and failure in life among other things.
Mangalik Dosha is considered from the Moon as it signifies Mind, emotions, infancy, personality, bovines, inclinations and emotions.
Mangalik Dosha is considered from Venus as it signifies marriage, sexual matters, love, beloved and bed pleasures.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Cancellation Of Mangalik Dosha[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Following are the cases where Mars even if it is in 2nd, 12th, 4th, 7th or 8th house the manglik dosha gets cancelled: - [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. When Mars is in its own sign (Aries, Scorpio), exalted (Capricorn) or in the houses owned by his friends (Sun, Jupiter, Moon) manglik dosha gets cancelled. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2. If Mars is in the 2nd house but in Gemini, Virgo sign no dosha. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3. If Mars is in 12th house but in Taurus, Libra no dosha. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4. If Mars is in 7th house but in Cancer, Capricorn no dosha. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]5. If Mars is in 8th house but in Sagittarius, Pisces no dosha.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]6. For Cancer and Leo ascendant Mars is a yogakaraka wherever it may be no dosha at all. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]7. For Aquarius ascendant Mars in the 4th/8th house no dosha. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8. If benefic Jupiter or Venus is in ascendant no dosha. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]9. If Mars is in conjunction or aspected by Jupiter or Moon no dosha.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]10. If Mars is in conjunction/aspected by Sun, Mercury, Saturn, Rahu no dosha. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thus we see that percentage of manglik cases decreases if we consider these factors. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In consideration of marriage, various factors other than manglik dosha should be carefully be examined for a long and successful marriage.[/FONT]​

8thstellium

Yes this is very true but there are many exceptions due to cancelation as well. And I'll present a list of the major ones.

Mind that the aspects in Vedic Astrology don't work as per Western Astrology, are considered only conjunctions (all planets in the same house) and oppositions. Saturn, Mars and Jupiter have extra special aspects.
When it's refered a trine in Vedic it's the 1st, 5th and 9th houses from the planet (house) in question.

So here it goes:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mangalik Dosha and Planets[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mangalik Dosha is considered from the Ascendant as it signifies self, health, longevity, appearance, character, success and failure in life among other things.
Mangalik Dosha is considered from the Moon as it signifies Mind, emotions, infancy, personality, bovines, inclinations and emotions.
Mangalik Dosha is considered from Venus as it signifies marriage, sexual matters, love, beloved and bed pleasures.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Cancellation Of Mangalik Dosha[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Following are the cases where Mars even if it is in 2nd, 12th, 4th, 7th or 8th house the manglik dosha gets cancelled: - [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. When Mars is in its own sign (Aries, Scorpio), exalted (Capricorn) or in the houses owned by his friends (Sun, Jupiter, Moon) manglik dosha gets cancelled. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2. If Mars is in the 2nd house but in Gemini, Virgo sign no dosha. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3. If Mars is in 12th house but in Taurus, Libra no dosha. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4. If Mars is in 7th house but in Cancer, Capricorn no dosha. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]5. If Mars is in 8th house but in Sagittarius, Pisces no dosha.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]6. For Cancer and Leo ascendant Mars is a yogakaraka wherever it may be no dosha at all. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]7. For Aquarius ascendant Mars in the 4th/8th house no dosha. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8. If benefic Jupiter or Venus is in ascendant no dosha. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]9. If Mars is in conjunction or aspected by Jupiter or Moon no dosha.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]10. If Mars is in conjunction/aspected by Sun, Mercury, Saturn, Rahu no dosha. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thus we see that percentage of manglik cases decreases if we consider these factors. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In consideration of marriage, various factors other than manglik dosha should be carefully be examined for a long and successful marriage.[/FONT]​

Can you cite references for these?
Thanks

selfless

Banned
Dear Selfless,
Please let me know if I understood you right..
For ex Mars in 12th causes mangal dosha, but if that mars is with saturn or Rahu then Mangal dosha gets cancelled?

Thanks
yeah, U have nearly got it right..But see when this happens, it is not cancelled , actually then M.Dosha gets REDUCED..
this DOSHA is not too dangerous to panic..if there are 100 problems in human life, then there exists 101 solutions in Astrology..
bye....my regards to all people here.

8thstellium

yeah, U have nearly got it right..But see when this happens, it is not cancelled , actually then M.Dosha gets REDUCED..
this DOSHA is not too dangerous to panic..if there are 100 problems in human life, then there exists 101 solutions in Astrology..
bye....my regards to all people here.

Dear Selfless,
Is there a solution/remedy in astrology for my problem too?
I mean for me and him to get back together?

filly

Can you cite references for these?
Thanks

Sure.

http://www.astromandir.com/nodosha.html

http://astro.indiatimes.com/AstrospeakWebApp/A05_product_MangalDosha.jsp

I read you are looking for remedies as well. And I googled some to paste here. Though should be a professional Astrologer examining which remedies take effect for your Birth chart, Moon chart and Navamsa chart. Each person needs different remedies, so some of the ones I'll be pasting may be ineffective for you.

I read that it helps as well to certain extent when one marries after 28 years old and not before (can't recall the reasons).

Here's the link for remedies:

http://www.astromandir.com/mangremedy.html

I don't think this remedies are going to make someone comeback to you. They exist to tame the wild energies of Mars.

I'd really recommend that you seek a professional Astrologer.

filly

How is Mangalik Dosha formed in the kundli ?

Mangalik Dosha is formed when Mars is placed in the 1st, 4th, 7th, 8th, 12th house from the ascendant (lagna), Chandra lagna (moon sign) in lagna horoscope, Chandra horoscope or navmansha horoscope.
The highest degree of this Manglik dosh is formed when mars is placed in ascendant or the seventh house. These two placements form two most severe manglik dosh out of which placement in seventh is the most severe of all. Next in severity in decreasing order come the mars in eighth house, then forth and then twelfth house. In addition to mars, Sun, Saturn, Rahu and ketu’s placement in the houses mentioned above also forms partial Manglik dosh.

I don't have Manglik Dosha but I have partially because Ketu is in my 7H and Rahu in 1st. In Natal and Navamsa!

My Sun is in 7H too but its cancelled coz it's exalted.
What they say about Ketu in the 7H is very true for me.( Ketu/Rahu are friends in my chart) It does not deny marriage but I always refused to marry because I have high expectations of a partner. Ketu in Vedic has much the traits of Neptune/Mars.

My partner withdraws when they see the Rahu (Rahu has much traits of Uranus) in me in the 1st house. Like it scares them and they are affraid that I'm gonna run away any time. Obviously, that's when jealousy and detachment occurs (passive-agressive) and the relationship after many sacrifices ends. It's always me who abandons the relationship... I know I'm the problem, I just don't know why I am like this or what to do to make them feel different and at the same time preserve my individuality!

Considering its Rahu/Ketu ,I have something Karmic to solve through this relationships... I always knew I'm meant to marry 'officially' a past lover but it's not gonna be totally happy I'm sure!

This position means: or to be in a marriage that it's not totally fulfilling or have many adventures which don't provide the emotions I seek...I'm doomed lol But very very true.
I'm not a remedie person, I'm not worried. If it's my karma I accept it...:) Not all of us are meant to be happy in love. Actually that is just for few!

I've realized this by myself many years ago, before I got into Astrology and when I found this and other descriptions. Oh my! I'm loving Vedic for prediction!;)

8thstellium

Sure.

http://www.astromandir.com/nodosha.html

http://astro.indiatimes.com/AstrospeakWebApp/A05_product_MangalDosha.jsp

I read you are looking for remedies as well. And I googled some to paste here. Though should be a professional Astrologer examining which remedies take effect for your Birth chart, Moon chart and Navamsa chart. Each person needs different remedies, so some of the ones I'll be pasting may be ineffective for you.

I read that it helps as well to certain extent when one marries after 28 years old and not before (can't recall the reasons).

Here's the link for remedies:

http://www.astromandir.com/mangremedy.html

I don't think this remedies are going to make someone comeback to you. They exist to tame the wild energies of Mars.

I'd really recommend that you seek a professional Astrologer.

Thank you filly

ram nayar

Mangal dosha or Manglik dosha or Kuja dosha are distinct name of such an astrological combination in which the planet Mars is present in 1st , 4th, 7th, 8th, or 12th house of Vedic astrology.