What are my Strengths & Weaknesses?

Blacknight

Hey! What are my strengths & weaknesses?

Here's my chart:
astrochart1img.gif

Edward

Greetings to Russia,

for your greatest strength I would look at the LOG (Lord of the Geniture, our trump card for life), for weaknesses at the most debilitated planets.

First, your basic temperament seems to be predominantly Sanguine (ASC and its ruler Venus in airy signs, born during spring) with minor choleric influence (Moon in its 2nd quarter in a fiery sign). Together with this, your principal significator of manners is Venus (ruler of ASC, Moon applying to it by sextile), though Jupiter might also play a role as he is tightly conjunct the Moon.
I consider you a very sociable and curious person, who likes being with others and making many friends with the common people (Moon on the cusp of the 11th house, furthermore in mutual reception with the Sun the lord of the 11th ). You also love to go on vocation and to see foreign countries: Venus as ASC-ruler in the 9th, in the domicile of Mercury, sextile the Moon.

Your LOG should be Saturn, which is posited in its domicile+triplicity on the cusp of the 5th house. Saturn rules the 4th of inheritances (and is also natural ruler thereof), and placed in the 5th (derived 2nd from 4th), hence I expect you can benefit from the possessions of your parents or ancestors. You have the right touch for properties and architecture - Saturn as ruler of the 4th in a fixed sign - and to a lesser degree you might also profit from agriculture, geology or archaeology (which are all Saturnian matters connected with the 4th house), as the Part of Fortune is placed in the 4th, disposited by Saturn.
But alas, there's an obvious problem at hand. You will certainly have problems realizing this potential strength in life, because the Moon is in opposition to Saturn: It seems, that your friends, i.e. your tendency to associate with the common folks (Moon on cusp of the 11th) might somehow get in the way of these ambitions.

Your greatest weakness or danger in life, on the other hand, is probably shown by Mars in Fall on the MC. Mars is ruler of the 7th, the house of open enemies, which suggests trouble from persons of a bad martial nature: for example, these can be soldiers, bandits, rebels, and also thieves, as retrograde Mercury is in the 7th house, being disposed by Mars. Your money and possesions are in danger of these persons, as Mars is lord of the 2nd house and in opposition to the Part of Fortune.

You should beware of being robbed. Be careful not to associate with the wrong kind of people, especially the martial persons mentioned before.

Edward

What makes you think the poster is in Russia? The chart is for Oregon, USA

You're right, I unfortunately read RUS instead of US. I was a bit too quick this time. :bandit:

Nonetheless, the judgement is basically the same, regardless of whether the person lives in the US or Russia.

Zarathu

Account Closed
Nonetheless, the judgement is basically the same, regardless of whether the person lives in the US or Russia.

Understood. Just thought maybe you knew somthing that we didn't. A planetary return would be significantly different if the poster lived in Russia.

Blacknight

Greetings to Russia,

for your greatest strength I would look at the LOG (Lord of the Geniture, our trump card for life), for weaknesses at the most debilitated planets.
Hey, thank you very much for taking the time to read my chart. I really appreciate it! I think my sociability is very much like a light switch. When it's flipped on I really do enjoy being with other people, but when I'm tired I like time to myself. I plan on travelling when I have the resources!!

That's interesting you should mention those influences from saturn, because my parents always said I should be an architect or an engineer. (I also had an obsession with construction based toys when I was a kid.) But I don't like the idea of being trapped behind a desk and always on the computer for a living. I have a part time job where I work with people. It's customer service oriented and I really enjoy talking to the customers and my coworkers! I also used to say that I wanted to be a geologist when I was young, but that was just to give people an answer, ha!

As for the inheritance, are you saying I would simply benefit? My dad was an orphan and he didn't even know anything about his ancestry until I did some research a couple years ago. And my mom came from a dysfunctional family. I would say I inherited good character from both of them. I inherited good qualities from the spiritual realm. I don't expect to inherit much of anything material, though.

I stopped going to school for about a year, because I wasn't sure what to study, but lately I've been interested in pursuing writing (probably independently through online marketplaces) and theater also has been really interesting. I like the idea of playing characters...

For the weakness, could that be applied more abstractly? As to say that I should be weary of people taking advantage of any talents I have for monetary gain?

Does pluto in scorpio hold any significance? What does that dashed green line mean? (does it signify opposition?) Does the square aspect of mercury in aries to mars in cancer also have any significance?

Sorry for all the questions, but I think astrological charts are very interesting! Like a finger print... each one unique.

Understood. Just thought maybe you knew somthing that we didn't. A planetary return would be significantly different if the poster lived in Russia.

Me and my sisters have been asked on separate occasions by different people if we're russian if that counts for anything. :sideways: And thanks for answering my question about the YOD in the other thread Zarathu. I'll just redirect my questions here since that's more appropriate.

Edward

Thanks for your feedback!

As for the inheritance, are you saying I would simply benefit? My dad was an orphan and he didn't even know anything about his ancestry until I did some research a couple years ago. And my mom came from a dysfunctional family. I would say I inherited good character from both of them. I inherited good qualities from the spiritual realm. I don't expect to inherit much of anything material, though.

No, I meant inheritance in a material way, whether it be money, property or other worldly possessions. Also, the inheritance rather shows on your dad's side, as the 4th house is generally considered to signify parents, but more especially the father. Mother would be 10th, if you want to distinguish between your parents.

I don't know how wealthy your parents or your other ancestors are (and I don't necessarily need to know), but your natal chart shows the probability of some noticable inheritances coming to you.

Blacknight said:
I stopped going to school for about a year, because I wasn't sure what to study, but lately I've been interested in pursuing writing (probably independently through online marketplaces) and theater also has been really interesting. I like the idea of playing characters...

Theater seems to suit you better than writing. Venus is more favourably placed than Mercury; furthermore the 5th house of pleasure, amusement and theaters is favoured by Saturn's presence in domicile. You don't necessarily have to do this as a profession, but Theater is a great activity anyways and suited to you as a sanguine, sociable person.

Blacknight said:
For the weakness, could that be applied more abstractly? As to say that I should be weary of people taking advantage of any talents I have for monetary gain?

It is certain "martial" persons you don't regard as your friends, rather strangers than known people. The 7th is the house of open enemies, and as Mars is ruler thereof and unfortunately placed, and Mercury retrograde in it, it shows robbers, bandits, thieves, and the like, as I mentioned already in my first post. I don't see any serious bodily dangers to you - as neither ASC, nor its lord Venus, nor Sun, nor Moon are afflicted by either Mars or Mercury - but your possessions (Lord of the 2nd and Part of Fortune) are in danger.

The natal chart shows this danger plainly and unaffectedly - just as the weather forecast for tomorrow shows that it will rain heavily. In order to deal with this forecast, we have to apply common sense and either stay at home, or use an umbrella to guard us against the rain.
So, I would suggest that you apply your common sense and learn to read the people in your environment and watch them closely. This is not to raise any paranoia, as a sociable person (and more especially when observing roles in theater) you will get to know different characters, anyway.

For keen observers of human nature it is often possible to read in an individual's face his character and true intentions: Words can lie, but whatever is written in the face reveals the truth. Have you already heard of the science of physiognomy? I just recently started to investigate this fascinating field of ancient knowledge.

Blacknight said:
Does pluto in scorpio hold any significance?

To me, Pluto is irrevelant, as I'm a follower of traditional astrology. I only consider the seven classical planets and leave the transsaturnian planets like Uranus and Neptun aside.

Blacknight said:
What does that dashed green line mean? (does it signify opposition?)

You mean the dashed green line between Pluto and Mercury? I guess, it signifies the so-called "Quincunx-aspect" (150°).

In traditional astrology, the quincunx is of no particular value, as the five ptolemaic aspects (conjunction, opposition, trine, square and sextile) are sufficient.

Blacknight said:
Does the square aspect of mercury in aries to mars in cancer also have any significance?

The orb is quite wide - Mercury on 20° Aries, Mars on 10° Cancer, so 10° degrees apart from exact aspect - so I wouldn't give any value to this wide aspect.

Yet, as I already mentioned above, Mercury is disposed by Mars (Aries is the domicile of Mars), rather unfortunately placed (retrograde, no major dignity), and furthermore posited in the 7th house (the house of open enemies), which, taken together with the position of Mars, shows your possessions in danger of thieves and other cunning criminals.

Blacknight

Thanks for your feedback!
I appreciate the info!

No, I meant inheritance in a material way, whether it be money, property or other worldly possessions. Also, the inheritance rather shows on your dad's side, as the 4th house is generally considered to signify parents, but more especially the father. Mother would be 10th, if you want to distinguish between your parents.

I don't know how wealthy your parents or your other ancestors are (and I don't necessarily need to know), but your natal chart shows the probability of some noticable inheritances coming to you.
Well that's interesting. My dad was homeless for a period of around 4 years before I moved out on my own. He's been living with me for past 2 years. That's why I was wondering. He's had chronic issues with addiction to alcohol and that caused a lot of strife for me and my sisters when we were growing up. We moved a lot too... lots of instability at the home.

Theater seems to suit you better than writing. Venus is more favourably placed than Mercury; furthermore the 5th house of pleasure, amusement and theaters is favoured by Saturn's presence in domicile. You don't necessarily have to do this as a profession, but Theater is a great activity anyways and suited to you as a sanguine, sociable person.
Cool to know.

It is certain "martial" persons you don't regard as your friends, rather strangers than known people. The 7th is the house of open enemies, and as Mars is ruler thereof and unfortunately placed, and Mercury retrograde in it, it shows robbers, bandits, thieves, and the like, as I mentioned already in my first post. I don't see any serious bodily dangers to you - as neither ASC, nor its lord Venus, nor Sun, nor Moon are afflicted by either Mars or Mercury - but your possessions (Lord of the 2nd and Part of Fortune) are in danger.

The natal chart shows this danger plainly and unaffectedly - just as the weather forecast for tomorrow shows that it will rain heavily. In order to deal with this forecast, we have to apply common sense and either stay at home, or use an umbrella to guard us against the rain.
So, I would suggest that you apply your common sense and learn to read the people in your environment and watch them closely. This is not to raise any paranoia, as a sociable person (and more especially when observing roles in theater) you will get to know different characters, anyway.

For keen observers of human nature it is often possible to read in an individual's face his character and true intentions: Words can lie, but whatever is written in the face reveals the truth. Have you already heard of the science of physiognomy? I just recently started to investigate this fascinating field of ancient knowledge.
Two bikes at my first apartment were stolen when I first moved out on my own. Both thefts happened when I was gone, and it was done by some homeless dude that my dad had seen scouting the area within the theft's time frame. There's a ton of vagrants in my area. Fortunately my current apartment is really secure. If I ever get my own property I would definitely get a few dogs since I've always wanted them as pets. They also double as good security. :wink:

To me, Pluto is irrevelant, as I'm a follower of traditional astrology. I only consider the seven classical planets and leave the transsaturnian planets like Uranus and Neptun aside.

You mean the dashed green line between Pluto and Mercury? I guess, it signifies the so-called "Quincunx-aspect" (150°).

In traditional astrology, the quincunx is of no particular value, as the five ptolemaic aspects (conjunction, opposition, trine, square and sextile) are sufficient.

The orb is quite wide - Mercury on 20° Aries, Mars on 10° Cancer, so 10° degrees apart from exact aspect - so I wouldn't give any value to this wide aspect.

Yet, as I already mentioned above, Mercury is disposed by Mars (Aries is the domicile of Mars), rather unfortunately placed (retrograde, no major dignity), and furthermore posited in the 7th house (the house of open enemies), which, taken together with the position of Mars, shows your possessions in danger of thieves and other cunning criminals.
Lately I've been thinking about possessions and material goods and my growing disregard for them. I've been selling off a lot of my stuff. When I was in school they made me read a book called Walden by Thoreau and he talked about how a person doesn't own his possessions. Rather they own him. I've been agreeing with that sentiment more and more lately. So I guess if I keep my possessions to a minimum that would also protect against theft. What can people steal if I have nothing worth taking?

More and more I also like the idea of possessing immaterial stuff like specific skill sets and knowledge that I can use to help people somehow. Languages interest me a lot too.

Edward

Blacknight said:
Lately I've been thinking about possessions and material goods and my growing disregard for them. I've been selling off a lot of my stuff. When I was in school they made me read a book called Walden by Thoreau and he talked about how a person doesn't own his possessions. Rather they own him. I've been agreeing with that sentiment more and more lately. So I guess if I keep my possessions to a minimum that would also protect against theft. What can people steal if I have nothing worth taking?

You sound a bit like Diogenes the philosopher. :lol:

And I think, I can now also see the reason for this in your birth chart: While your indicators for material wealth are rather unfortunately placed - except for Saturn (disposing the Part of Fortune) - the significators of spiritual life are quite favoured.
Both ASC and its ruler Venus are in humane signs, furthermore Venus is in the 9th house of religion and faith, in sextile to Luna, which herself is conjunct Jupiter (natural ruler of faith and spirituality). Plus, Saturn is your LOG, suggesting that a general mindset of self-discipline and modesty will benefit you in life.

I think spirituality will always be a strong factor in your life. You could even make a good philosopher someday, as your ASC ruler is favourably placed in the 9th house, likewise Jupiter and Saturn are strong, both of which are considered to be the natural rulers of philosophy and deep thoughts.

However, you should beware of being TOO ascetic (Moon in opposition to Saturn). I don't think that a man has to sacrifice all his possessions to be called a philosopher or to lead a spiritual life. Be modest - but always keep in mind, that our possessions are there to be used for benefit while we still peregrinate in the sublunary sphere. Someday, the grim reaper will take everything from us anyway, so we can leave this tedious work for him.

Blacknight

Ahh a philosopher... now there's a lifestyle! I agree that material wealth, used appropriately, is good. When I was younger I focused more on collecting stuff. I'm starting to see that my identity isn't dependent on what goods I collect, and that I can transcend that desire to have things while still knowing who I am.

I would say actions speak the most truth on behalf of people's character. And philosophy and actions together should be used to help other people to shine light into darkness and provide love to all.

Thank you for your responses! Happy late earth day!

Edward

No problem, it was an interesting chart for me.

By the way - before I forget - I wish you a happy 22. Solar Return! :smile:
At which town did you celebrate your birthday?

Blacknight

No problem, it was an interesting chart for me.

By the way - before I forget - I wish you a happy 22. Solar Return! :smile:
At which town did you celebrate your birthday?

Thanks! I celebrated in Eugene, Oregon. Been here all my life, but soon, within the next decade at least I will definitely travel to other places!

Edward

OK, I glanced at your Solar Return for the following year. It seems that it will be quite tough for you, so I regard it as my duty to warn you. The link shows the Solar Return (outer circle) in comparison to your birth chart (inner circle). "Glückspunkt" is German for Part of Fortune.

http://s7.directupload.net/images/130423/92dblxdp.png

The most important significator in a return chart - whether it be a Solar or a Lunar return - is the position of the planet, which rules the ASC in the radix. Hence, as you have Libra rising in your natal chart, you always ought to look at Venus first, no matter what the ASC of the return chart is. This planet indicates your general state in this year, your health and well-being.

At first sight, your 22. Solar Return looks good, because Venus is placed in domicile and right on the angle of the earth (4th house). Furthermore, the Part of Fortune of the SR according to Ptolemy is also placed in the earth sign of Taurus (and hence disposed by Venus), and the ASC is at 12° Capricorn, right on your natal PoF in the 4th. Taken together, these factors indicate that you might thrive by the "cultivation of the earth" (i.e. by agriculture or gardening) in this year. This potential is underlined by Saturn's position in the radix.

However, there are quite a few factors which, in my point of view, indicate a very bad year for you in other respects. Venus is in opposition to peregrine, retrograde Saturn on the MC; likewise Venus is in square to Saturn in the nativity. As Saturn is ruler of the radical 4th (father, parents in general) and placed on the cusp of the 10th (mother), this probably shows personal troubles and controversies with your parents this year. Both Venus and Saturn are placed at the angles in fixed signs -there will be a persistent and tedious disharmony this year, as neither you nor your parents are willing to give in. You're also likely to have quarrels with authorities and persons of higher rank this year (Saturn at MC; ASC of SR in opposition to radical Mars in the 10th).

But this still isn't all that has to be said about your SR. The thing I regard as the worst is the ASC of the Solar Return at 12° Capricorn, right on the natal Part of Fortune and in opposition to natal Mars, which in your nativity was the most unfortunate planet. Furthermore, the SR shows Mercury in square to the ASC and natal PoF, so I guess this triggers the potential danger of robbery and thievery, which is lying latently in your radix.
Together with this, SR-Mars is conjunct the Sun both in the SR as in the nativity, he being in exile in Taurus. Your birth chart shows the sun directly on cusp of the 8th house, which is the house of death. Then again, SR-Moon is placed in the 8th. And if this wasn't yet enough, the ASC of the SR is in the natal 4th house (which rules "the end of all things", which can also mean the circumstances of our death), directly oppose to natal Mars.

Now I'm totally sure that you won't die this year, but nonetheless this Solar Return looks inauspicous. OK, your birth chart has ASC ruler Venus conjunct the fixed star Aldebaran (which holds a reputation as a violent martial star), furthermore the Moon in opposition to Saturn in Aquarius (a so-called violent sign), and the Sun on the cusp of the 8th - but on the other hand, Venus is also helped by the sextile to the Moon, as the Moon is helped by being conjunct the benific Jupiter, so it seems that you will always be able to evade violent death, still quite lucky under the circumstances.
I haven't checked your directions for this year, but just in case I advise you not to engage in so-called "short journeys", as shown by Mars and Mercury being in the 3rd house of the SR. You should avoid undertaking excessively long walks, likewise I think it is better to reduce public traffic and public means of transport (cars, busses, trains etc.) to a minimum for this year, as in these circumstances it is most likely that you will encounter bandits.

If you have the choice, rather stay in your home-town Eugene, at your own house: Venus is the most fortunate planet in the Solar Return (so to say the "LOSR", Lord of the Solar Return), and as she is placed on the 4th cusp, in domicile and in a fixed sign, you will be safe there. Your home is your castle. This doesn't mean you have to sacrifice all of your outdoor activites: As I said above, you will probably benefit by gardening.
Even if you stay at home, this might still get you involved into quarrels with your parents. So after all, I think you will be better off once this year has passed, and I'm optimistic you'll manage to get through it without any lasting damage.

I would be glad if you would give me a feedback next year. I wouldn't mind at all if I was wrong. Good luck to you!

Blacknight

Thank you for the advice. I could see myself getting in a quarrel with my dad, because I want him to move out of my apartment and he perpetually insists on staying with me. His employment is sporadic. It's annoying.

I don't plan on travelling anywhere within the year. No matter what happens, I feel safe. I call it protective forces. I've never been in a physical fight with anyone and no one has ever tried to even start a fight with me. (knock on wood :p) For the past year my job has been a block away from where I live, so I guess that minimal distance will help.

I'll let you know what passed next year on my birthday.

Again, thank you. Peace!!

Blacknight

Alright Edward, it has been a year!!!! :biggrin:

So first I would like to thank you for your accurate assessment of what I would experience for my solar return. It made me prepare myself mentally for what you described as a challenging year.

You were correct about guarding against thieves. On 8/20/13 at approximately 4:30PM (started work at 3:30PM) a street vagrant snuck into my workplace locker room and stole my wallet (+$150), my cell phone, and my keys. That day I had thrown my backpack with my belongings underneath a table with a hanging cloth cover over it, so somehow this guy thought to took underneath the table and then found my backpack.

I was running late, so I foolishly left my belongings in my backpack instead of stashing them in my locker. I also reported the incident immediately to the police. The station sent an officer to report on my case who went on a week and a half vacation the following day. So despite having the suspect on videotape they never got footage because it all expired on a looping surveillance system that recorded over the incident. I was very upset about the lack of effort demonstrated by the police. I actually had one of the businesses send me footage (it was later found to be the incorrect time) and the police officer was surprised by that.

Anyway, my regard for police is very minimal. I have much more respect for firefighters.

Interestingly, a separate theft incident happened to me with a yellow Haro mountain bike in 2011. My dad was borrowing my bike & left it cabled to a post outside overnight and a homeless person came by with wire cutters to sever the cable so he could ride off with my bike.

The date for that incident was 8/17/2011 and I had the bike registered with the police bike registration division but that was futile since they never recovered it.

Is there something dangerous about that period of the year? Both these events occurred in eugene oregon btw.
8/17/2011 - stolen bike ($500)
8/20/2013 - stolen wallet/cell phone/keys ($275 total)

Continuing on...
I got my motorcycle endorsement on 07/14/2013 and I bought a motorcycle in September. I was cautious and I made sure not to ride in adverse weather. There was a period of heavy snow in december 2013 and later in early february 2014 where it was as high as eight or ten inches. Fortunately, my work is a block away from where I live so I could walk to work in relative safety.

I got a temporary job on 12/31/2013 at my community college in the book store and I decided to re-enroll at my college in january 2014. Right now I'm attending the spring term. I still work at my current job, but I'm considering applying for some other jobs.

I am considering buying a house next year in spring or summer.

I also did argue with my dad a lot during my 2013-2014 solar year. We kept butting heads. My dad also bought my truck from me and he finally finished his payments to me earlier this year.

For the next year and potentially several years going forward I am focused on pursuing higher education at my local college. What can I expect for the 2014-2015 year? I attached my chart whole sign with outer planets off.

Attachments

• BN_2014_WholeSign_SolarReturn.jpg
    BN_2014_WholeSign_SolarReturn.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 24

draconic

Hi Blacknight, I'll put strengths and weaknessess all together, as I (think) I see them..
your mind(mercury) is an asset and it's linked with your purpose in life(nn), it's understanding through vision and not logic.
it's very challenged(squares) and you could be tempted to use your insights for manipulation ( mars trine pluto). anger and mother issues.
your sense of self may be at odds with your emotional world(sun-moon) and emotional restraint from both parents may have helped you or prevented you so far...you only know.
mercury's square with neptune could show a difficulty in separating facts from intuitions of wishes and make you a prey to manipulators.
I speak of manipulation also because of cancer mars, your actions could be driven by emotions,and with pluto trine emotions are compelling even if not acknowledged.
with leo moon conj jupiter, your emotional responses to the world could be always put "onstage" and there's a tendency towards exxageration,especially because of your chellanged moon.
you've chiron on south node,so you come from a wounded place.great potential for healing or great disaster for further wounds, here's where free will comes into play..!
libra ascendant is a great balancing tool,check which of its traits are prevaling in you:need for harmony,beauty, indecision, people-pleasing behaviours(I don't think so...with leo involved).libra is well known for its love of balance, but can also be intellectually violent.

I hope some of this resonates with you!bye

Edward

Thanks for your feedback, Blacknight! I've eagerly awaited your response. :happy:

You were correct about guarding against thieves. On 8/20/13 at approximately 4:30PM (started work at 3:30PM) a street vagrant snuck into my workplace locker room and stole my wallet (+$150), my cell phone, and my keys. That day I had thrown my backpack with my belongings underneath a table with a hanging cloth cover over it, so somehow this guy thought to took underneath the table and then found my backpack.

I was running late, so I foolishly left my belongings in my backpack instead of stashing them in my locker. I also reported the incident immediately to the police. The station sent an officer to report on my case who went on a week and a half vacation the following day. So despite having the suspect on videotape they never got footage because it all expired on a looping surveillance system that recorded over the incident. I was very upset about the lack of effort demonstrated by the police. I actually had one of the businesses send me footage (it was later found to be the incorrect time) and the police officer was surprised by that.

My sympathies. You can't always be on guard against theft. At least you didn't receive any bodily dangers (which I also thought were possible).

It seems that Mercury and Mars are potential triggers for theft in your return charts, because in the nativity they were badly posited. So, if possible keep an eye on both Mercury and Mars in your next return charts - whether it be a solar or a lunar return - and also do behold the transits. Take notice if Mars and Mercury afflict each other, or if they afflict the Part of Fortune (PoF), because the PoF rules the wealth and substance.

Always watch for bad aspects to natal Mercury at 20 Aries and natal Mars at 10 Cancer. Right now, for example, retrograde Mars transiting in Libra will come to square your natal Mars, and after transiting Mars has turned direct it will oppose your natal Mercury. This doesn't mean that you will be robbed again, but it can indicate periods of danger.

Interestingly, a separate theft incident happened to me with a yellow Haro mountain bike in 2011. My dad was borrowing my bike & left it cabled to a post outside overnight and a homeless person came by with wire cutters to sever the cable so he could ride off with my bike.

The date for that incident was 8/17/2011 and I had the bike registered with the police bike registration division but that was futile since they never recovered it.

Is there something dangerous about that period of the year? Both these events occurred in eugene oregon btw.
8/17/2011 - stolen bike ($500)
8/20/2013 - stolen wallet/cell phone/keys ($275 total)
At around the 20th of August each year the Sun is transiting through the last degrees of Leo. Transiting Sun is conjunct your natal Sun at 2° Taurus via antiscion. This in itself is not necessarily bad. The middle of August is not a "bad" time for you in general.

However, on the particular date of 8/17/2011 there were some adverse aspects. First, your Solar Return for 2011/12, calculated for April 21st 2011, Oregon, has retrograde Mercury in Aries tightly conjunct SR-Mars and the PoF: The PoF is "besieged" by both Mercury and Mars, and if this wasn't yet enough, he is opposed by Saturn in Libra. Furthermore, SR-PoF is square your natal Mars.
On the 8/17/2011 the constellation SR-Mars/Mercury/PoF in the Solar Return was triggered by both transiting Mars and Moon: Mars was tightly conjunct your natal Mars at 10° Cancer; the Moon was in Aries, applying to square Mars and applying to conjunct the constellation in the SR.

The second theft happening on the 8/20/2013 is less clearly to be seen, IMO. However, transiting Sun at 28° Leo is tightly conjunct the antiscion of SR-Mars at 1° Taurus, while transiting Mercury (thieves) at 23° Leo is opposed to the antiscion of SR-Saturn at the MC (job, working place), with the Moon in Aquarius applying to oppose Mercury.

Continuing on...
I got my motorcycle endorsement on 07/14/2013 and I bought a motorcycle in September. I was cautious and I made sure not to ride in adverse weather. There was a period of heavy snow in december 2013 and later in early february 2014 where it was as high as eight or ten inches. Fortunately, my work is a block away from where I live so I could walk to work in relative safety.

I got a temporary job on 12/31/2013 at my community college in the book store and I decided to re-enroll at my college in january 2014. Right now I'm attending the spring term. I still work at my current job, but I'm considering applying for some other jobs.
Wouldn't necessarily have foreseen that, but thanks for mentioning. I'll take notice of this and study the constellations for myself later.

For the next year and potentially several years going forward I am focused on pursuing higher education at my local college. What can I expect for the 2014-2015 year? I attached my chart whole sign with outer planets off.
I'll send you a private message!